Fontainberg

Undertale Weeb
Pronouns
They/them
TNP Nation
Fontainberg
Discord
Avalaise#6417
So, I have recieved a lot of questions, suspicions, and speculations about my past in TNP, specifically my interest in one player who disappeared from this community in February of 2019.

That player is Crown Isles. I've been encouraged by some trusted individuals and administrators to be more open about my past, and I feel that the citizenry of the North Pacific deserve to know the truth. The truth is that, Crown Isles was my first nation on NS. I am indeed Crown Isles.

For those of you who do not know, here is a summary of what happened with Crown Isles. As Crown Isles, I was heavily involved in TNP RMB RP, and in February I instigated a conflict with a variety of other RPers, acting toxic and turning IC matters into OOC hatred, which was totally uncalled for. After getting muted in the RP server, I attempted to circumvent that mute and progressively worked my way up to being banned from the RP server. To this day, my home Wi-Fi remains banned from the RP server.

Afterwards, I started spamming and flaming myself on the RMB, earning myself a gameside ban from TNP. Eventually, I was puppetswept in early March, then going on a hiatus from NationStates until September 2019 when I created Angshire.

As it turned out, I was not banned from the TNP main discord server nor was I banned from TNP forums. In effect, this meant I could still participate in TNP, and when I created my new forum account Angshire, the forum admins merged my former Crown Isles account into my current Angshire account.

Of course, with the way I left the community as Crown Isles, I attempted to dissociate myself with my former nation, out of fear that I would be judged, barred, and blacklisted from participating in TNP institutions. I wanted to have a clean slate.

Looking back on my actions as Crown Isles, I see how obviously immature and petty I was. I sincerely would like to apologize to the RMB community as a whole, to Nessuno, to MadJack, and to anyone else who my actions affected. I would also like to apologize to the community of The North Pacific as a whole, for being dishonest with my past.

I don't expect your forgiveness, but I hope that I can grow from this experience and become a better person, both within the TNP community and in general. Thank you for reading this message.

Warm regards,

Angshire, this has been such a surprise to me.. and not in a negative way. I understand what you must have had to go through to come out and tell everyone the secret you have been hiding. It takes courage to do that. I, personally, have never been here to experience Crown Isles but from what I have heard, you have greatly improved. I don't know what the response will be from the general populace of the roleplay community, however I will be here for you and I will support you.

Last edited:
Very mature of you to come out in public and say this. Personally I didn't suspect you, but if nothing else, I've only gained respect for your ability to come clean about this. That takes major balls. Props to you. As someone who was part of the Crown Isles drama? I'm happy to put it in the past. Good on you to learn from your mistakes and grow into a respected community member, both in government and in RP.

I can concur with McM, Bob, and the others. My opinion of you has not changed; It's clear that you have improved demonstrably as a person and as a player from the CI days, to the point where I could have never thought you were CI until now. Welcome back to TNP, for real. This kind of stuff takes a lot of bravery and humility to put out there. For my part, as someone who was very involved in the CI drama? I know you don't expect it, but I forgive you.

(Just don't go eyeing Tlakaatland now! :P)

This did not age well.

Last edited:
The difference between your Crown Isles and Angshire personas is like night and day (respectively, actually). You've gone from me having to ban you from the RP server for mute evasion to working with you as supervisors in the past election. You've earned a lot of respect over the past months and even more today. Keep doing what you're doing today and you'll go far!

If you should ever need to rejoin the RP server for whatever reason, it should work from your home wifi now. I took care of it (I think, if I got the right account off the ban list).

Thank you for your honesty Angshire. That said, I still have a question. Why did you return to TNP as Crown Isles II just a few weeks ago?

Thank you for your honesty Angshire. That said, I still have a question. Why did you return to TNP as Crown Isles II just a few weeks ago?

I already planned to eventually make an announcement on the matter of me being Crown Isles. I had made that account on NS to see how the general community would react, and see if they still held any animosity towards me. Since the general reactions toward that account seemed neutral, I concluded that based on that, now would be an appropriate time to make this announcement.

It’s undeniable that the progress you’ve made since transitioning to your Angshire persona is greatly positive. As someone who’s gone through two persona changes of my own, I understand the desire to have a fresh slate and really come into your own as a player reborn. NationStates is one of those games where people really don’t seem to want to forget anything even as time passes, and although I never did the same things that you did, it‘s nice to see you putting the past to rest and looking forward instead of over your shoulder at who might recognize you.

It’s a liberating feeling for you, I’m sure, and it’s well deserved. The North Pacific is a very special place, and when you’re here you can best bet that you’ll be given the opportunity to better yourself and move onto greater things. You’re well on your way toward that, and I think the comments of others in this thread are quite suffice in proving that’s true. If there’s anything you’ve learned from this, it’s that your past doesn’t define who you are now.

You did the right thing by posting this, and I’m glad that you’d already intended on addressing it before suspicion was raised to the level it eventually was. It takes a certain kind of person to admit when they're wrong, own up to it, take responsibility for it, and demonstrate action that correlates with their apology. This is an apology done right, and it’s one you deserve all the credit for. Enjoy your newfound freedom, Angshire, free from an old name!

My man, the guts that it takes to come out here and reveal to everyone who you were is a whole new level of guts. And I have a new form of respect for you for doing so. I have no opinions on you that have changed because you truly are still Angshire. The Crown Isles side of you. The toxic, rude, pitiful side of your history is something I can see is gone and is out of existence, and I can see a new side of you emerging. That's all I can really say. I hope we can continue our friendship, bud.

People on the RP mod team seem to have very short memories. I remember you, and I remember the trouble you caused us in TNPRP. You shouldn't be unbanned and it's a shame you were.

Like Robes, I’ve gone through two persona changes, with my personality diametrically changed in a relatively short period of time. That is to say: this game and it’s communities have gifted me a little bit more maturity, so I find it easy to believe that a person can force themselves to change so drastically in a period of time like the Crown Isles to Angshire transition. It took me a lot longer, so I suppose “congratulations”.

I also wouldn’t publicly say my old nations (cause of Whole India style forum posts), so I think it’s very impressive that you would do that- especially to the community you wronged. Nice job.

People on the RP mod team seem to have very short memories. I remember you, and I remember the trouble you caused us in TNPRP. You shouldn't be unbanned and it's a shame you were.

Personally I can't help but agree with you on this.

And the fact that instead of working to better one's self and to rehabilitate the tarnished image inventing a new one with a blank slate to get around it shows that its two-faced in my book. Its lying and tricking people, pulling the wool over people's eyes just so they don't have to deal with their own actions.

Back