Primarily a Lurker
TNP Nation
Morover

sc.jpg

Condemn Gatesville Inc
Category: < Condemnation > | Nominee: Gatesville Inc
Proposed by: Bormiar | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Believing that posthumous condemnations ought not to be invalidated by the Security Council for its nominee’s demise, as condemnations serve to recognize and provide an example of unethical actions as well as create a moral basis behind liberations and future condemnations,

Recognizing Gatesville Inc to be the remnants of Gatesville, a militaristic organization zealously devoted to the creation of chaos and misery,

Scolding Gatesville Inc for its perpetration of a month-long coup d’etat of Osiris in 2013, in which Osiris’ rogue delegate, the Dourian Embassy, as a desperate attempt to keep its position and prevent the legitimate delegate from taking power, chose to align itself with Gatesville Inc, who preceded to eject prominent natives, suppress the Regional Message Board which had been dominated by members of the Osiran community and lawful government, replace the distressed region’s flag - a prominent symbol of Osiran culture - with Gateville’s flag, and eventually indirectly destroy the Kemetic Republic of Osiris,

Admonishing Gatesville, the predecessor to Gatesville Inc made up of many of them same members, organizational structure, and leadership as Gatesville Inc, for its roles in promoting the instability of numerous prominent, efficient, and developed regions, such as:
  1. The 2008 rogue delegacy in The North Pacific by its contemporary delegate Lewis and Clark (Westwind), in which Gatesville supported Westwind’s choice to dissolve the constitution, change the communication method used in the North Pacific, disband the North Pacific Army, and establish the “Crimson Order” as the new government. Gatesville threatened to “terminate the interests” of the legitimate North Pacific community, supported the rogue delegate with over 30 endorsements, and even supported attempted invasions of the Rejected Realms and Lazarus (twice) to distract soldiers from fighting for the North Pacific’s freedom,
  2. Threatening the sovereignty of the North Pacific a year before the Lewis and Clark coup in supporting an Emperor Matthius rogue delegacy, in which a group of un-endorsement campaigners depleted the legitimate delegate Great Bright Mum’s endorsements and endorsed vice-delegate Emperor Matthius, illegally forcing it into the delegacy. Emperor Matthius then used this event as a platform to eject its endorsers into the Rejected Realms, move there itself, and nearly overthrow the Rejected Realms’ delegacy,
  3. Causing great fear and consternation in the previously content community of the East Pacific, in which Gatesville provided significant military assistance to the Empire that terrorized the East Pacific for a long and arduous 4 months, ejecting natives and demeaning them through propaganda,
  4. A third major act of aggression against the North Pacific; when Gatesville supported the establishment of the North Pacific Directorate, a coup in which Pierconium seized the nation of Pixiedance, the North Pacific’s delegate, suspended the constitution, and instituted martial law, before the Pixiedance retook control over its nation. When Pixiedance did the exact same thing as Pierconium had previously, Pierconium replaced the North Pacific’s government with a corrupt dictatorship known as the North Pacific Directorate, and Gatesville used its military might to support such,

Disgusted by Gatesville’s meddling hands which attempted to influence the governments of foreign regions via a vast intelligence network which reported confidential information to Gatesville and acted only in Gatesville’s interest, rather than the targeted region’s,

Acknowledging one of the notable spies under Gatesville: Lots of Ants, which, cunningly and with masterful deception, proved to be a useful new nation in the West Pacific, taking on important roles in the region before eventually becoming delegate, at which point the nation mysteriously dropped out of activity. This event, which intentionally and successfully destabilized the West Pacific, was found to have been orchestrated by Darkesia, a prominent member of Gatesville intelligence, but it is entirely unknown as to whether or not Darkesia always controlled Lots of Ants,

Noting that Gatesville acted zealously against the World Assembly, and used its political influence to combat it,

Horrified by Gatesville’s long and appalling history of subverting and bullying prominent and happy regions into submission via dastardly intelligent covert operations and its massive terrorist army, just to satisfy its childish dislike for this Security Council and its own self-interests,

Hereby condemns Gatesville Inc.
Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Last edited:
Aware of the hundreds of invasions perpetrated by Gatesville forces, including massive raids of Palestine and Rajahland involving hundreds of soldiers,
Just to note: this is no longer part of the proposal, because my proposal was over the character limit. So if you're really mad about them raiding those regions and think no condemnation could be without it, you can change your vote :P.

Just to note: this is no longer part of the proposal, because my proposal was over the character limit. So if you're really mad about them raiding those regions and think no condemnation could be without it, you can change your vote :P.
Oops, apologies. I did a copy-paste of the forum post and obviously didn't double-check it hard enough.

I'm against this. Gatesville were a group of toxic assholes and very much don't deserve acknowledgement.

I'm against this. Gatesville were a group of toxic assholes and very much don't deserve acknowledgement.
Well they won't be around to revel in it, will they? This 1) recognizes the actions of them and many relevant contemporaries 2) condemns those actions 3) provides and easily-accessible information about the region.

Well they won't be around to revel in it, will they? This 1) recognizes the actions of them and many relevant contemporaries 2) condemns those actions 3) provides and easily-accessible information about the region.
Whether they're here or not to revel in it doesn't matter. They should be consigned to the dustbin of history like other toxic groups.

Whether they're here or not to revel in it doesn't matter. They should be consigned to the dustbin of history like other toxic groups.
What you think of them OOC doesn't apply to their IC actions. Ignoring their existence leaves a gaping hole in the history of NationStates gameplay and the history of the North Pacific just because you don't like them personally.

In order to fully drill this hole, here's a list of C&Cs you need to repeal:
  1. Condemn the New Inquisition
  2. Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II (second addition)
  3. Condemn Pierconium
  4. Condemn Darkesia
  5. Commend Astarial
  6. Condemn the Dourian Embassy
And ofc those that refer to Gatesville's major actions:
  1. Condemn North East Somerset
  2. Commend Eluvatar
  3. Commend Flemingovia
  4. Commend Westwind
This isn't looking very good for you.

What you think of them OOC doesn't apply to their IC actions. Ignoring their existence leaves a gaping hole in the history of NationStates gameplay and the history of the North Pacific just because you don't like them personally.

In order to fully drill this hole, here's a list of C&Cs you need to repeal:
  1. Condemn the New Inquisition
  2. Condemn Durkadurkiranistan II (second addition)
  3. Condemn Pierconium
  4. Condemn Darkesia
  5. Commend Astarial
  6. Condemn the Dourian Embassy
And ofc those that refer to Gatesville's major actions:
  1. Condemn North East Somerset
  2. Commend Eluvatar
  3. Commend Flemingovia
  4. Commend Westwind
This isn't looking very good for you.
Only if you're assuming I'm arguing against any mention of Gatesville. I'm clearly not, despite how much you'd like me to be.

Only if you're assuming I'm arguing against any mention of Gatesville. I'm clearly not, despite how much you'd like me to be.
Recognition and mention are synonyms. And I don’t want you to be arguing anything because I don’t want you arguing against it at all- not that it matters cause you’re talking out of spite.

Last edited:
Recognition and mention and synonyms. And I don’t want you to be arguing anything because I don’t want you arguing against it at all- not that it matters cause you’re talking out of spite.
I will never understand this habit you have of assigning motive or intent to me. You get it wrong every time, and you really, really don't know me well enough to assume my motives or intent.

It'd be funny if I didn't find it more than a trifle bit annoying. Maybe try cutting down on this habit of yours, just a suggestion.

Still against, Gatesville don't deserve recognition in the form of a condemnation.

I will never understand this habit you have of assigning motive or intent to me. You get it wrong every time, and you really, really don't know me well enough to assume my motives or intent.
Habit? How often do we speak? I’m allowed to state my opinion on your tone, “assigning” suggests I’m being controlling and saying how you feel. So if it’s not spite, why are you calling Gatesville toxic (which by the way includes many current members of NS who TNP should be friends with)?

Just to clarify: we’ve barely spoken. I want another example of me “assigning motive” to you.

Last edited:
So if it’s not spite, why are you calling Gatesville toxic
Because unlike you, it seems, I actually have experience of interacting with the people that inhabited that shithole region?

I am for this proposal. Dismissing an entire group of individuals as "toxic assholes" the way you have is rude at best and straight up hypocritical at worst.

I am for this proposal. Dismissing an entire group of individuals as "toxic assholes" the way you have is rude at best and straight up hypocritical at worst.
You never had to deal with them Crown Isles, I did, so your input on what this entire group of individuals you've never interacted with is frankly as meaningless as your apology.

For. I would first like to applaud Bormiar for submitting a fine resolution.

Having had ample opportunity to interact with Gatesville, I wholeheartedly support the condemnation. That they were militaristic meanies is really secondary to their stated mission of undermining the WA. The most significant clause in this condemnation is, "Noting that Gatesville acted zealously against the World Assembly, and used its political influence to combat it ." Gatesville advertised their opposition to the WA, and recruited on the basis of it. I would urge every WA member to soundly condemn them. Frankly, it's long overdue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back