[SC - Passed] Commend Markanite

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luckily I dismantled both arguments regardless of if you think McM’s is about one region or not. So I digress
Not really sure how you dismantled the argument about commend worthiness, when I've proven this proposal is basically similar to at least one previously passed resolution :p. As for operation numbers, 200 isn't that far behind the NPA's most 324 in operation count. There's not a big difference there. But if you wish to drop this, then that's your prerogative and thanks for the convo :).

Not really sure how you dismantled the argument about commend worthiness, when I've proven this proposal is basically similar to at least one previously passed resolution :p. As for operation numbers, 200 isn't that far behind the NPA's most 324 in operation count. There's not a big difference there. But if you wish to drop this, then that's your prerogative and thanks for the convo :).
I don’t know how you can say that the difference between three-hundred and twenty-four (324) and two-hundred (200) isn’t that much. By your organization’s pace, it’d take your nominee another six years to even contend with the North Pacific Army’s record, and even then that’s assuming the record-holder doesn’t participate in one single operation in the next six years. So even if you don’t like the numbers, let’s measure it by the time. Six years isn’t a big difference to you?

I don’t know how you can say that the difference between three-hundred and twenty-four (324) and two-hundred (200) isn’t that much. By your organization’s pace, it’d take your nominee another six years to even contend with the North Pacific Army’s record, and even then that’s assuming the record-holder doesn’t participate in one single operation in the next six years. So even if you don’t like the numbers, let’s measure it by the time. Six years isn’t a big difference to you?
Markanite is number 36 in the TITO Battle Rankings with 200 operations. There are 35 others higher than that, and 13 members with over 340 operations. Mark isn't an update TITO member, he mostly participates in the Expeditionary Force (EF) when RL allows him to and an EF operation has been ordered by the EF Tactical Officer. If he attended update he would be a lot higher, but he lives in Western Europe and has a full time job like most of us do that prevent update operations. Plus, Western Europe timezones are really update friendly ;).

Markanite is number 36 in the TITO Battle Rankings with 200 operations. There are 35 others higher than that, and 13 members with over 340 operations. Mark isn't an update TITO member, he mostly participates in the Expeditionary Force (EF) when RL allows him to and an EF operation has been ordered by the EF Tactical Officer. If he attended update he would be a lot higher, but he lives in Western Europe and has a full time job like most of us do that prevent update operations. Plus, Western Europe timezones are really update friendly ;).
Pardon me, but that doesn’t exactly answer my question. We have a General named Malphe (you may know him) who’s participated in one-hundred and sixty-nine (169) updates since joining the North Pacific Army. He’s also in a European Timezone and is only ever available for minor update. Rarely can he make a major update because it’s in the wee hours of the morning for him. That’s not considering his mercenary work or his work in other militaries across NationStates. So, by the same token, it 200 and 324 aren’t too far apart for you then I suppose 169 and 200 are even less far apart for you? I get having a life outside of NS R/D and I respect that. But that doesn’t exactly count as a rebuttal to my point.

Thank you for clarifying. If you don't mind, for the sake of my curiosity, what is your current record?
My current record in TITO is at 85 successful operations. While not many, I would like to note that I joined TITO in August 2017, left in December 2017 for health reasons, rejoined in April 2018, left in April 2019 again for health reasons, and rejoined in July 2019. In my time with TITO I've also served a total of 12 months as Delegate of XKI with at least three more months to my current term. I'm not going to hype up my time in TITO, I honestly haven't been able to do as much as I could do and should have done up to this point. I have records outside of TITO as well, and can list ops from that if you wish.

Last edited:
Thank you for clarifying. If you don't mind, for the sake of my curiosity, what is your current record?
I was curious about this too, so I’d be interested i

(EDIT: Oops. Kuriko posted as I was typing this. Thank you for the answer!)

Last edited:
Pardon me, but that doesn’t exactly answer my question. We have a General named Malphe (you may know him) who’s participated in one-hundred and sixty-nine (169) updates since joining the North Pacific Army. He’s also in a European Timezone and is only ever available for minor update. Rarely can he make a major update because it’s in the wee hours of the morning for him. That’s not considering his mercenary work or his work in other militaries across NationStates. So, by the same token, it 200 and 324 aren’t too far apart for you then I suppose 169 and 200 are even less far apart for you? I get having a life outside of NS R/D and I respect that. But that doesn’t exactly count as a rebuttal to my point.
I guess I don't really have much of a rebuttal. 169 is definitely closer to 200 than 324, and I get your point. Mark works a lot in his RL job, so I can't say much beyond that and beyond the fact that he tries to do what he can. He spent 18 months of that 10+ years of service as WA Delegate where he never accrued operation counts, much like I've served 12 months and haven't accrued as much as I could have myself. I guess that's all I got.

I guess I don't really have much of a rebuttal. 169 is definitely closer to 200 than 324, and I get your point. Mark works a lot in his RL job, so I can't say much beyond that and beyond the fact that he tries to do what he can. He spent 18 months of that 10+ years of service as WA Delegate where he never accrued operation counts, much like I've served 12 months and haven't accrued as much as I could have myself. I guess that's all I got.
That’s very respectable of him and it’s cool that he does that for you guys. I’ve enjoyed this exchange today, so thank you for being so willing to have these talks as it’s this sort of discourse that really boosts activity in WAA discussion :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back