"I will be true to you whatever comes."
-
-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
Greetings!
This thread exists to formulate and create literature regarding the political philosophy of the region. I consider this very important work because it provides a unifying principle as to how the region is to function in order to accomplish its goals.

It is my hope that at the end there may be a commentary on this political thought that can be presented to the Regional Assembly to ratify and place next to the Constitution and Legal Code as the backbone of both by which both are measured.

3otEreT-.jpg

The first matter to consider is this: What is the highest purpose of The North Pacific?
The North Pacific Handbook provides a good starting point. Paragraph 4 states:
The North Pacific is the preeminent democracy in NationStates
  • We have a robust and stable government system, with active political institutions. Our Executive, Legislature, and Judiciary are all among the most active and efficient in the game.
  • Democracy is the cornerstone of our system. All of our political institutions and offices subject to strong and effective democratic oversight.
  • Our members are guaranteed broad rights and liberties, and have full suffrage - the right to vote and stand for office.
A simple summary could be: The foremost purpose of The North Pacific is to be the preeminent democracy in the world.

I believe it to be important, if preeminent democracy is in fact the highest purpose, to further define the type of democracy. Reference Types of democracy

Back