Minister of Culture
-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Following the Delegate Directive announcing its creation and the subsequent announcement of its membership, this thread has been created for the Internal Affairs Committee and its official business.

Firstly, we have held a vote for the Chair of the Committee, a position I am proud to be the inaugural office holder of.

If any citizen would like us to bring something to the Ministries we are responsible for, please do not hesitate to reach out to us:

@bootsie (Chair)
@Bobberino
@Trondstorm
@Sanjurika

In relation to the Ministry of Communications, though I think it is maybe too new to assess, I am curious to know if the Minister has any preliminary views as to how effectively the Senior Editing Team is working and about the process of the team in general. In relation to this, whether it is the Minister's intention to announce the work of the SET for the upcoming publications (as they did for the previous ones here: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9189100/page-2#post-10263562)
I think the SET is working very effectively. For TNS XIII, it was great to see errors highlighted and corrected, because it sets the foundations for a successful working relationship between the writers and editors, and builds the experience of the writers whenever they recieve constructive feedback.

As for the process of the team, I usually try to spread articles as evenly between them as I can, so one editor does not have to edit too much and others too little. I'll be looking to expand the team, should there emerge the need to do so in the future. I have many capable candidates in mind who I believe would bring invaluable skills to the editing table.

And yes, new orders for the editing team will be posted soon.

From @Zyvetskistaahn,
I actually don't know all that much about the operations of the Home Affairs Ministry and I assume there are some people in a similar boat to me, so:

What does this "Three lists done and one in the process; a total of 970 rows done" in the Minister's report mean has been done?

Home Affairs periodically releases "lists" of nations that we telegram. These telegrams are meant to provide information about the opportunities a person has in TNP, and to try and encourage people to join the forums, the Discord server, apply for the NPA, etc. For ease, a list is broken down into batches of eight, called "rows". Staffers claim rows, which they then telegram manually, then report back. When every row has been reported to have been telegrammed, then that list is done, and Home Affairs releases a new list.

As the Internal Affairs Oversight Committee has not been reappointed, this thread is closed until the committee becomes functional through Delegate Directive or legislation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back