Formation of the oversight committees

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
I am pleased to announce that the Speaker of the Regional Assembly @Gorundu and I have formulated an agreed upon policy for the committees of citizens that were proposed in my recent election campaign. The overview for these committees and how they will work is available here.

In the coming days, we will be reaching out to individuals to check if they are interested in serving in these bodies. If you are interested, please don't hesitate to contact Gorundu or myself. However, please do check the eligibility requirements to make sure you are able to serve in your desired capacity.

Any questions please ask here!

I'm very interested in seeing how this project goes. The External Affairs Committee could, I think, be a particularly good innovation in an area where the citizenry at large often doesn't have as much engagement and where there are sensitivities around disclosure of information that makes such wider engagement difficult.

I do have a question around the functioning of the Committees. I understand that the minutes and transcripts of the meetings will be released (subject to classification), would it also be expected that the Committees may more formally report their views on or make recommendations about matters in their purview?

I also have a question around the "initial members". Are the Committees are intended to always have "initial members", that is to say, when the initial "initial members" finish their two month term, then replacements will be appointed by the mechanism in 2.1, or is it expected that new members will, other than the "initial members", be "additional members" appointed under 2.6?

EDIT: "2.6" in place of "6.1"

Last edited:
I'm very interested in seeing how this project goes. The External Affairs Committee could, I think, be a particularly good innovation in an area where the citizenry at large often doesn't have as much engagement and where there are sensitivities around disclosure of information that makes such wider engagement difficult.

I agree. I'm optimistic about how this will go.

I do have a question around the functioning of the Committees. I understand that the minutes and transcripts of the meetings will be released (subject to classification), would it also be expected that the Committees may more formally report their views on or make recommendations about matters in their purview?

I would be happy for them to do that. I didn't want to mandate this in the directive as we will see how the committees shape up and interact with the information provided to them.

I also have a question around the "initial members". Are the Committees are intended to always have "initial members", that is to say, when the initial "initial members" finish their two month term, then replacements will be appointed by the mechanism in 2.1, or is it expected that new members will, other than the "initial members", be "additional members" appointed under 2.6?

EDIT: "2.6" in place of "6.1"

Yes, that's right. The Speaker and Delegate would always have the ability to appoint initial members.

I would definitely be interested in participating in this, specifically for the Internal Affairs Committee. I think that this can be a great learning experience for me, especially as I get more involved in TNP government, specifically internal ministries such as Communications and Culture. I know that I'm relatively new to TNP, but I would like to know if I would be allowed to join. :)

Good evening.

The Speaker and I have reached a decision on the initial members.

External Affairs:
@St George
@Marcus Antonius
@Angshire
@Haor Chall

Internal Affairs
@bootsie
@Trondstorm
@Sanjurika
@Bobberino

Congratulations to everyone who was appointed. I’m sure more members will be added in time.

Once they have taken their oaths I will mask them on the executive discord server so they can access their meeting space.

Regards,
McDelegate

For the record, after a period of consultation I have decided that the committees did not work in the present form. As such, I will not be reappointing to these positions.

If there is a desire for the committees to be continued, I would recommend taking legislative action.

For the record, after a period of consultation I have decided that the committees did not work in the present form. As such, I will not be reappointing to these positions.
Greitbart: Delegate forcibly disbands committee to oversee his government after shady dealings and "consultation" in private, more at 11:00.

Back