-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
sc.jpg

Condemn Atlantic
Category: Condemnation | Target: Atlantic
Proposed by: Bormiar | Onsite Topic
The Security Council,

Acknowledging that while Atlantic was originally a peaceful region, it was taken over by Dosopan and Nusseburg and, for the vast majority of its history, was the spearhead of Atlantic Alliance (AA or ACC), a military organization whose large quantity of infamous invasions were based solely on a need for ruthless expansionism,

Recognizing that the regions in which nations are crucial in determining a nation’s life, and the regime which controls the region even moreso,

Appalled by the numerous invasive crimes of the Atlantic Alliance, including:
  • The invasion of the West Pacific upon its creation in April 2003, which included the institution of AA commander Commercial Affairs as its dictator, the branding of The West Pacific as an Atlantic Alliance colony, and the recruitment of nations in the West Pacific for the Atlantic Alliance’s megalomaniac world domination scheme, all of which lasted for a period of 2 months,
  • The invasion of The South Pacific which instated New Ali as delegate-dictator and distracted and overthrew the well-liked native delegate Killer Monkeys from crucial developments such as establishing a charter and a forums,
  • The second invasion of The South Pacific after Killer Monkeys was reinstated, which then horrifically placed AA member The XYZ Affair as delegate, who displaced natives by sadistically ejecting them at random, and continued to contribute to The South Pacific’s disarray and reputation as a warzone. This invasion was contrary to the Atlantic Alliance’s frequently proved erroneous claim to only invade established regions, as, at the time, The South Pacific already had its charter,
  • Obsessively invading the Rejected Realms a total of 3 times, which prevented a regional government from forming and distracted the Rejected Realms Army, a defender organization, from rescuing regions from invasions,

Adamant that controlling these regions revoked its nations’ right to develop and determine the future of its region, and slowed these regions’ cultural and governmental growth via preoccupying its prominent citizens towards regional security and snatching up the region’s new nations to join the Atlantic Alliance,

Aware that, at least for the time, the Atlantic Alliance invaded and controlled a large amount of prominent regions with developed communities, exemplified by:

Further aware that the powerful Atlantic Alliance, despite its large international responsibility, chose to threaten well-established and prominent regions, such as Wysteria and Europe,

Disturbed by the Atlantic Alliance’s childish grudge against the defender organization known as the RRA (due to its founder’s betrayal of the Atlantic Alliance). The ACC not only frequently denounced it, but also placed spies meant to weaken the organization, such as Louldamin and Siggi,

Noting that the Atlantic Alliance was the foundation of modern raiding techniques, as it was not only one of the first regions to learn how to invade by use of endorsements, but was also likely (though much of the history is lost and this cannot be confirmed) the first organization to take over 4 regions in one night and the first organization to use technology for “endorsement tarting”,

Fearfully imagining the tyrannical regime that was the Atlantic Alliance’s vision, which would have full control over the World Assembly and which proposals passed,

Affirms the Atlantic as the foundation of early imperialism, a pioneer of raiding, and, undoubtedly, a truly condemnable region,

Hereby condemns Atlantic

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

A proposal by another citizen @Bormiar! Quite a solid draft for this early stage, thought I'd post it here. If you have any edits or suggestions let him know, or post in the thread and I'll summarise them on the NS forums.

This one's still in the drafting stage, so why was it brought here now? Why not in the WALL subforum? I just saw that there's a lot of drafts in the subforum. Clearly, there's been a strategy change...

I had to look at the wayback machine to make sure the current WFE was similar to the one before 11 hours ago when it was updated to be sure it wasn't responding to the proposal. The current Atlantic is a monument, sure, but, at least according to their WFE, the organizations that actually did the work described are gone.

It's a tough one. I dunno if I'm going to go as far as call this a badge hunt, but it's definitely a deer-in-the-headlights like delay in writing something in reaction to the events described.

Against

Last edited:
This has been introduced now and I’ve approved it.

I think the OP may need to be updated.
Because it's submitted and likely to go to vote, I think I can respond to any comments now, as I really would like to and believe I can as a citizen.

This one's still in the drafting stage, so why was it brought here now? Why not in the WALL subforum? I just saw that there's a lot of drafts in the subforum. Clearly, there's been a strategy change...

I had to look at the wayback machine to make sure the current WFE was similar to the one before 11 hours ago when it was updated to be sure it wasn't responding to the proposal. The current Atlantic is a monument, sure, but, at least according to their WFE, the organizations that actually did the work described are gone.

It's a tough one. I dunno if I'm going to go as far as call this a badge hunt, but it's definitely a deer-in-the-headlights like delay in writing something in reaction to the events described.

Against

Sure, the organization no longer exists, but I fail to see how that matters. Condemnations aren't meant to give the region free recruitment or let them bask in their glory, not that I hope that those still around aren't happy, but are created to make a statement on a region and what actions should be considered against the WASC policy.[1] Moreso, the Atlantic Alliance is a region whose actions were condemnable in itself, but its legacy even more extraordinary. While it's actions may not be of pressing concern (to which I'd argue very little if any condemnations are), these things still happened. I argued it in more depth here: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36344218#p36344218, and don't have a lot of time to talk about it further.

It's not a badge hunt; I already have the badge. And I'm awfully sorry about the delay, but the WASC didn't exist until years after the AA.

I also don't like the metaphor, as the deer hasn't been hit yet, and it never will :P (we can always condemn Atlantic).

Last edited:
For assuming my vote is allowed. I’m still a citizen :p.

WA is not in TNP, vote invalid

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back