-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
sc.jpg

Commend Grays Harbor
Category: Commendation | Target: Grays Harbor
Proposed by: Sargon Reman | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

NOTING the long-term contribution and presence of the delegation of Grays Harbor since December 2002,

OBSERVING that as Delegate of The Heartland, Grays Harbor served the longest tenure in that region’s history for a period of 885 days, and that during Grays Harbor’s delegacy The Heartland enjoyed its highest historical population level,

COGNIZANT that Grays Harbor served as Delegate four separate times while residing in The Heartland, and that during its delegacy The Heartland enjoyed strong diplomatic ties with Wysteria and Texas, fostering the longest continuous inter-regional relationship in the world known as the Triumvate since before official embassies were introduced in 2003,

RECOGNIZING the delegation of Grays Harbor for their seasoned authorship, which includes:

• GA Resolution 71 Repeal: “Protection Of Monuments,” repealing a flawed GA resolution with numerous errors including that personal property was not listed as a protected class of property for historical monuments and that monuments could not be owned privately or by non-profits,
  • GA resolution 73 International Postal Union, creating an international postal system for member states to ensure the safe delivery of parcels, and
  • GA resolution 101 Repeal: “The Clean Water Resolution,” revoking a resolution to create a universal water system which denied compensation to member states and gave agencies unchecked power,

PLEASED that the delegation of Grays Harbor has consistently tried to improve the quality of General Assembly proposals by helping other member states’ delegations choose the right criteria for their proposed resolutions,

RECALLING that Grays Harbor is a seasoned Defender and was one of the first defenders involved in the First Defense of Japan and the First Defense of Ireland, and that as a member of the Texas Defense Force, Grays Harbor has held the rank of Senior Non-Commissioned Officer since 2004,

AWARE that Grays Harbor played an instrumental role in the survival of The Heartland in 2003, cementing a coalition with Texas and Wysteria to protect The Heartland from invasion by the Farkers and liberating the region to preserve it for future generations,

INSPIRED by the 15 years of dedication and skills displayed by the artists of Grays Harbor in the creation of military decorations for the governments of Texas and The Heartland, including a world map created for Texas by the Grays Harbor Design Bureau,

SEEKING to record this legacy as an example for future generations,

HEREBY commends Grays Harbor.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.
Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Another draft that has been sitting around for a while but is getting some attention again. Comments or feedback suggested below will be summarised over on the NS forums.

Personally against, they haven't done anything particularly commendable as an author. And being the longtime leader of a region in of itself isn't commendable.

Good person, but I doubt their commendability (that's a word now).

Against.

Being Delegate of a region for an abnormally long amount of time shouldn’t warrant a nation’s commendation, so I’m not sure what the first third of that proposal aims to do. There are three General Assembly resolutions, but that doesn’t qualify a nation for commendation either per se. I will admit that the last third or so of the resolution is good and makes a good case.

Overall though it seems to be lacking in substance that would be commend-worthy. I’m sure the nominee is a great player and all, but if they deserve to be commended then surely there’s better things to commend them off of them just three GA resolutions and sitting on a Delegacy for years.

(I don’t feel too strongly about this proposal either way, so this isn’t a stout opposition. I considered abstaining personally, but I figured I’ll explain my reasoning at the very least)

Last edited:
After careful consideration, my vote is Against (not that it'll change much now). As for the reason, others have already raised them above, and I couldn't have said it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back