Not open for further replies.

mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
rHNC9qE2JZtbe7s3gaGO3B-Ttj_ryj2Qq0BNw3OafIyopYDv8vjnOhA6b0CDcjwX3ErEIMvypeHbVbNBDBA77AAIsVGKbduNaZ5krGQivFRuo5lEINUTK4ZKk3_KN6kUhImRbLAL

September Executive Staff Meeting

Citizens,

I am pleased to announce that we will be hosting an all staff meeting for members of the executive staff to contribute to the forecasting of the administrations goals and initiatives for the current term. It is my hope that this will provide an opportunity for the executive staff to gain more experience in how priorities are set and organised at the executive level, and for staffers to take ownership of particular project.

The Executive Council and I have formulated an agenda for these meetings, which is available here.

The meetings will be structure into two sessions due to time constraints. The first session will focus on Defence, Radio, Culture and World Assembly Affairs, with the second session covering off on Foreign Affairs, Communications and Home Affairs.

September Staff Meeting (Session 1)
  1. Sunday 30 September 4AM UTC (Other timezones)
September Staff Meeting (Session 2)
  1. Sunday 30 September 10AM UTC (Other timezones)

The meeting will be text based and hosted in the executive staff server.

I hope to see as many members of the executive staff participating as possible.

Kind regards,
McMasterdonia

Hello everyone!

We hosted the September staff meetings yesterday (my time). We covered a lot of topics.

The logs from the conversation are included below. It is quite long and I've done my best to format it in a coherent way.

September Staff Meeting Session 1

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 11:48 AM

@tnp Executive Staff the first session of the staff meeting will be starting in around 13 minutes. You can find the agenda here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n0VxL1dbBDojWMu6OYvMs14zTrzW7x1qWO5uep2WQx0

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 11:48 AM

o7

Darcania Yesterday at 11:48 AM

o

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 11:48 AM

OwO

Wonderess Yesterday at 11:48 AM

understood

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 11:49 AM

Wait, are us deputies & such supposed to show up?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 11:49 AM

I encourage anyone who is interested to attend. It’s open to all staff, not just Ministers and Deputies

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 11:50 AM

cool

Wonderess Yesterday at 11:50 AM

Transparency :heart:

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 11:51 AM

Well, guess I'll be here since my tag raid doesn't appear to be happening

Gorundu Yesterday at 11:55 AM

Motion to require all Executive Staffers to have Anime avatars

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 11:55 AM

:rage:

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 11:56 AM

Mine is close to anime

Thus, motion seconded

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 11:57 AM

The chair does not recognise the motion moved by the representative for Gorundu at this time

Goddess Artemis Yesterday at 12:02 PM

#present

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Alright, let's get this started. Good morning/evening/afternoon everyone and welcome to the first all staff meeting of the executive. I'm excited to hear from all of you and I know that many of my Ministers are also keen to chat about the plans for the term ahead.

Prydania Yesterday at 12:02 PM

I'm here

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Present

Solidair Yesterday at 12:02 PM

Present

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:03 PM

By way of update, the transition for the in-game Delegacy is still obviously ongoing. By our count, we expect this will take another week or slightly longer. In order to assist in speeding it up, we will be launching a special competition on Monday. So stay tuned for that.

The purpose of the monthly staff meetings is ultimately a throw back to the open cabinet meetings we used to hold a few years ago. The idea being that it is always helpful to get more input into our plans. These meetings will assist us in forecasting what our resourcing requirements are going to be for the term and to encourage everyone to volunteer and put their names forward for the tasks we have to get through.

Does anyone @here have any questions before we get straight into it?

Prydania Yesterday at 12:04 PM

I'm good

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:04 PM

Not from me.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:05 PM

Is there anything regarding endotarting that we could assist with?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:05 PM

I think when the event launches, there will be some promoting and stuff that we will need to do. Otherwise if you are tarting in-game, then do include a request to endorse my nation :stuck_out_tongue:

At this point we are really waiting for some nations just to login and see the telegrams they've been sent >.>

Goddess Artemis Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Right :expressionless:

Prydania Yesterday at 12:06 PM

I can get on promotion

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:06 PM

Fair point. We kinda have sent exhaustive TGs. Dispatches the same, I assume?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:07 PM

We are also focusing on using native endorsements, rather than say.. bringing in pilers from other regions. This will make the count more robust and prevent issues we've seen elsewhere where the in-game Delegate keeps swapping between a few nations.

Goddess Artemis Yesterday at 12:07 PM

I’ve sent out two dispatches so far.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:07 PM

Then in terms of telegrams, I've sent quite a few, GBM has sent one for me, El Fiji has sent one, etc.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:08 PM

You can just call me Fiji. 'El Fiji' is a bit excessive.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:08 PM

We have a thread on the transition that I'll ask to be released once it is completed.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:08 PM

TSP and other notable allies have had the NPA pile in the past to beef up their numbers to take the in game delegacy. Did you consider this and/or consult Robes about it?

Goddess Artemis Yesterday at 12:08 PM

I’ve included on TGs during my endorsement runs to endorse McM as well.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:08 PM

I'm gonna call u dumdumface, el fiji

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:09 PM

Yes, I've considered it Bob. My thoughts on this are that we don't need to urgently transition the Delegacy from El Fiji ( :slight_smile: ) to me. By bringing in foreign endorsements, it makes it harder to keep my count above Fiji's when they start withdrawing.

If we get closer, then maybe I'll consider it.

I'll move on now to briefly touch on the Executive Staff matters.

The Executive Staff applications seem to be getting processed quite quickly. So good job to everyone on that. As you would all hopefully know, we have consolidated our records into one mastersheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aaxDTUQpk2DxshnPbmq9cCg9FgEvIdPtQ_Zm-l4t_lU/edit#gid=0

Has anyone had any issues with using this sheet or require any further training from me?

Also while I remember, I still would like someone to help by going through and adding in the discord handles. I think you volunteered for that @Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria :stuck_out_tongue:

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:11 PM

I volunteer bob for that on behalf of the MoWAA

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:12 PM

Excellent

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:12 PM

I'd be alright with going ahead and doing that. Remind me tomorrow when I'm back at my CPU.

Alright, that would be great.

Except WA

lol

tlomz you can do that

u bum

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:12 PM

No

I have DMs for a reason

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Alright onto the next agenda item: Monthly Reports. These are continuing. I will expect these to be out in the next week (likely early October)

Gorundu Yesterday at 12:13 PM

for me to slide into :wink:

Prydania Yesterday at 12:13 PM

will-do

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:13 PM

Each Ministry has done a lot of work even for the first few weeks of the term, so I'm sure there will be plenty to report on.

This closely relates to the next item on the agenda: Committees of Citizens

Prydania Yesterday at 12:14 PM

ewww plebs

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:14 PM

Hi, sorry I'm late

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:14 PM

As you will recall from the platform, we are going to form two committees - one for External Affairs (FA, WA, Defence) and one for internal affairs (Comms, Radio, Culture, HA).

I've spoken with the Rt Honourable Speaker about this already as well, as I said I would.

My intention is to publish a Delegate Directive that will outline how the committees will work. The Speaker and I will appoint two members each (initially) to the each committee. The Committee will elect its own Chair. The Chair will then be responsible for inducting new members into the committee

Then their first task will be to review the reports and if necessary get more info out of the Exec Council

For those unfamiliar with Delegate Directives, they are a little like Executive Orders.

Here is an example from 2012: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/6989372/

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:17 PM

How does that work, legally?

Prydania Yesterday at 12:17 PM

https://tenor.com/view/legal-star-wars-illegal-p-palpatine-gif-13521108

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:17 PM

I can regulate the executive however I wish, as long as it is compliant with the constaychooshun and legal code

So it is fine

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 12:17 PM

Foul! We weren’t supposed to know that was Palpatine at the time Pry!

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:18 PM

^

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Regarding the committees, I want them to have the opportunity to succeed before we take the additional step of regulating them into the law or procedure immediately

If it doesn't work, then we try something else, or some other format

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Im sure lessons can be learned from the way they function so we can learn how to codify it

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Will there be a meetings minutes complied and released at the conclusion?

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 12:18 PM

Regarding committees my biggest concern is that we will have too many people doubling up and not enough newcomers. How do you mitigate that?

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:18 PM

That sounds like something a press sec would do

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:19 PM

First question - I intend to release the logs of this meeting unless we decide that some part of it should be a closed session (unlikely). A summary will also be published.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Who will make up the committees? ie where will you find the staff to populate them?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:20 PM

Regarding your question Ghost, that is a challenge. But I think we have enough people in the region to make some suitable choices. My vision is that no Deputy will sit on a committee that is connected to their Ministry, no senior diplomat on the external affairs committee etc. I've already got some names in mind for each, so I believe it will work.

I don't view the committees as a staffing arrangement. I think it is something people will want to get involved in and my conversations show people are at least moderately excited about it.

First step is to settle on the directive and then I'll make the appointments publicly

I think I'll leave that there and throw over to the @Press Secretary for an update from his office

I'd like to say that I've been very impressed with the work Wonderess has done so far. So good job!

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Genius, to get someone else to write all the TGs I always begrudgingly had to do as delegate.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:23 PM

Would the committees be staffed by existing exec staff members? Or would they essentially be "collectives" of existing ministries?

imagine not saying you enjoy every part of being a delegate smh my smh

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:23 PM

@Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria the committee members can be staff members yes, but not Deputy Minister or Senior Diplomat level for that particular committee.

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:23 PM

The press releases have given a sense of activity in the region. It can't be said that the region has stagnated given all the events and information we have openly publicized to all residents. I happy to report that the releases no longer state they are from HA. I have not been pushed on any government decisions thus far. Sometimes I get TGs asking about getting something done and I point them to the correct minister or the delegate which isnt a problem.

Are there any questions for me?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:24 PM

Do you feel that you are getting enough input from the Ministers to help you populate the releases?

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:25 PM

At this point I mainly just post what the delegate asks of me. I had a discussion with Fiji once which was very helpful for a release related to Radio, but that is the only instance where that was necessary for a release.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:25 PM

What has the response been from the public? Do they like having a more direct line of communication with government, or are extra telegrams felt as an extra burden?

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:26 PM

No one seems to care or comment as far as I can see. I have seen neither positive nor negative reactions.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:26 PM

I have seen positive reactions

In particular with your report on the NPA

I wasn't the only one who was delighted to see you doing the reports in-game.

There has not been any requests to unsubscribe based on the press releases either.

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Tlomz had the idea of doing live press sessions. I wonder what the delegate's opinion on that is.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:27 PM

I should do it just to flex on u

That sounds intriguing; I second such

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:27 PM

How would that work?

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:27 PM

Tlomz had the idea of doing live press sessions. I wonder what the delegate's opinion on that is.

perhaps quarterly

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:27 PM

I could record them?

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:28 PM

Live VC?

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:28 PM

ye

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:28 PM

Haha, that would be interesting.

Ive always had good experiences on our Live VCs in the past

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:28 PM

I have experience with my town halls I used to hold

That would be a good thing for Radio to do

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:28 PM

I'd love to see Wonderess re-direct questions he is unwilling or unable to answer

I think if we drop the formality somewhat it could work just fine

^

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:29 PM

"The Press Office will not comment on on-water matters"

Wonderess , I would be happy for you to do that. I don't expect you to do it, but if you would like to, then please do feel free.

Empress Tlomz /color] Yesterday at 12:29 PM

"The press office will not confirm who Aleppo is at this time"

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:30 PM

"Mr Ben Ghazi is alive and well"

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:30 PM

Oh good Lord monthly reports

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:30 PM

"The Press Office chooses not to comment on the official religion of TNP."

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:30 PM

I would be willing to, but I of course will speak to McM about the logistics beforehand. You deserve to know what your mouthpiece is doing ya know.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:30 PM

Have fun with those, Bluie

No u don't dumdum

do whatever you want

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:30 PM

Alright, well if there is nothing further on the press office, I propose we move on to Culture.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:31 PM

None here

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:31 PM

Yes! We're already 20 mins behind schedule.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:31 PM

That's what happens.

Alright @Prydania over to you for opening remarks about Culture.

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 12:31 PM

El Fiji Grande Today at 11:31 PM

Yes! We're already 20 mins behind schedule.

All according to plan

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:32 PM

C'est la vie, Fiji. This isn't work :stuck_out_tongue:

Robespierre Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Alright... present!

Darcania Yesterday at 12:32 PM

hello

Apologies for being a bit late - the North Pacific Army was out on an update!

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:32 PM

Unfortunately still awake

So fun stuff

Darcania Yesterday at 12:32 PM

doing tests

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:33 PM

@Darcania made me fail :sob:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:33 PM

RIP

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:33 PM

I told you 2+2 = 5!!!

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:33 PM

I am preparing myself for Pry's comprehensiveness

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:33 PM

Same :stuck_out_tongue:

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:33 PM

Hi Robes

Robespierre Yesterday at 12:33 PM

Hello

Gorundu Yesterday at 12:34 PM

Finally here too

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:34 PM

Shuddup dumdum

ur too late

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:34 PM

Finally, the Speaker joins us

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:34 PM

I'm really hungover

Gorundu Yesterday at 12:34 PM

was strategically avoiding questions on committees

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:34 PM

I would like to throw my weight around and tell Bob to knock it off with the dumdums for this meeting

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:35 PM

second

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:35 PM

I swear my headache magnifies every time I read that word

Robespierre Yesterday at 12:35 PM

Yeah, Bob

Just no

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:35 PM

Pry is probably going to cover on every issue in one post

Prydania Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Thank you McM.

So Culture has been off to a great start. We have launched the RP Symposium with our RP allies in GD. Our working relationship with GD seems as strong as ever. The Symposium also seems to be a huge hit. We've not only seen a lot of engagement in the IC sections, but the lectures have all proven to be excellent draws in terms of attendance in VC. More importantly to TNP's interests we've gained a few excellent recruits from other RP regions who have shown interest in joining TNP RP. A few of them have even gotten on various RP maps already.

We are also working to turn the text versions of the lectures into a special edition of the Roleplay Reel, and we are working with Fiji to turn the VC versions of the lectures into NBS shows.

Beyond that we have two interactive initiatives. TNP Fantasy Football has been a great success. We've got people excited and engaged. And the Games Server, a project McM, Darc, and myself dreamt up, has proven to be successful beyond even my wildest expectations.

We have a number of initiatives to get to in Culture, but so far we're off to a productive term.

Robespierre Yesterday at 12:36 PM

Look at all of us government officials sitting around

Online at once

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:36 PM

I agree - the start of the term for Culture has been extremely good

We are benefitted by your continuity in the role as well

Prydania Yesterday at 12:37 PM

thank you

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:37 PM

From what I've seen of the Roleplay Symposium (the first item on our Culture agenda as well), it has indeed been a huge success. Credit to you and your team on that.

We should mention as well that the literature from that event will pay dividends in other areas as we discussed yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

Prydania Yesterday at 12:37 PM

thanks again. it's been great to see the project bare fruit

indeed it shall

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:38 PM

For everyone else here, we are referring to the idea that Culture and Communications can work together to get the most out of our publications. So in this case, the lectures have already been given, so we are hoping to utilise these into a special edition of the Roleplay Reel

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:38 PM

That's already in the works, yeah

Prydania Yesterday at 12:39 PM

We have to gain permission from the non-TNP lecturers to publish their work, but even if they all universally say no (an unlikely event)? We have more than enough material from TNP contributors.

a huge credit to Fiji who continues to make magic happen with the RPR

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Did we want to post RPR on the NS forums?

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Cover preview:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:39 PM

Yep, there is a lot of content. I think it'll be a very interesting edition for the world.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:40 PM

Fiji makes magic happen in general tbh

Prydania Yesterday at 12:40 PM

@Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria that's an interesting proposition, and not one I'm against.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:40 PM

I hope you are training others on that though Fiji :stuck_out_tongue:

Fuck that's gorgeous

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:40 PM

Working on doing so

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:40 PM

One issue we've had with posting RP news on the NS forums is I was warned for it lol

Prydania Yesterday at 12:40 PM

I just get gunshy about the NS forums in general :stuck_out_tongue: on account of them being awful XD

I mean

You're not wrong

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:41 PM

It depends on who the target audience and purpose of the magazine is.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:41 PM

I think we should just do it again

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:41 PM

Talk to McM and Wonderess about it though; it's another good way for publicity is

And see how we go

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:41 PM

If you want to advertise and exposure then sure

In this case, the content is useful for a wide range of audiences

If we're inviting foreign authors they deserve the exposure

I also think it would simply show the other side of TNP

^

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:41 PM

RP Symposium is generating so much content. Kudos, Pry

Prydania Yesterday at 12:41 PM

indeed

we had one RP Symposium visitor who was amazed TNP even had a RP scene

much less multiple RP settings

they seemed to think it was JUST GP

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:42 PM

yeah, it is definitely good for us to be showcasing it

So I think for the next edition we should publish it in our embassy

And then see what the reaction is

Prydania Yesterday at 12:43 PM

slips in an article calling the CoCD poopy headed meanies

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:43 PM

That's somewhat shocking.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:43 PM

Alright, I think we need to keep moving

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:43 PM

They are poopoo headed meanies!!!

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:43 PM

The next item is the Lennarts. Our TNP award ceremony. Basically this is on the agenda, because it takes a bit to run, so we need to get started early in the term.

@Goddess Artemis has the old templates and has said they will be able to update the Lennart Awards graphics for us

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Will there be any new reward categories?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:44 PM

So what we need from the @Culture staff, is some volunteers to come up with the list of awards we'd like to go with. I think some non-canon IC awards could be good?

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Rookie of the year?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:44 PM

Not sure how feasible that is Pry, but you could have like best national leader, that kind of thing.

Obviously non-canon, but people could enter and everyone votes obviously

Prydania Yesterday at 12:45 PM

@McMasterdonia I plan on getting legwork started on the Lennarts as soon as the RP Symposium has finished.

and yeah that sounds like a great category

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:46 PM

Hopefully you can delegate some of the work to the Deputies

Darcania Yesterday at 12:46 PM

hah

delegate

geddit

Prydania Yesterday at 12:46 PM

I already have the Deputy in mind :slight_smile:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:46 PM

And it would be good to have more of a formal award ceremony. Including acceptance speeches. We used to do that, but it kinda didn't happen when I ran it last time

Prydania Yesterday at 12:46 PM

nods

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:47 PM

Alright, next one is Games Week. You've already mentioned how successful the server is, so I was wondering if we wanted to go ahead with doing a more formal launch? Inviting other regions to join in hosting the event? TRR could be a good choice, for instance.

The way I see it too is that the more people we can convince to join it, the more likely it is to keep sustaining itself

Darcania Yesterday at 12:47 PM

it's mainly been successful as a result of the adventure game tbh

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:47 PM

yes

That is very addictive

Darcania Yesterday at 12:48 PM

currently that's petering out so we really need to focus on having a variety of activities going

Gorundu Yesterday at 12:48 PM

like except for adventure

Praetor Yesterday at 12:48 PM

Also, N-Day redirected some focus.

it'll revive again with a relaunch for sure

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:48 PM

MJ talked about planning Secret Hitler and Werewolf timeslots to get the group games going

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:48 PM

If we partner for a formal event with a couple of regions, we could get a lot of werewolf activity going again if TRR was involved

but it always peters out, regardless of N-Day or not

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:48 PM

And yeah we could have specific sessions

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:48 PM

I suggest checking out Wintreath's forums for ideas of games we can run.

Prydania Yesterday at 12:49 PM

A more formal launch where we invite others in could be a huge boon, yes. Games Week was something that I envisioned happening after the nuke event.

I have also envisioned smaller events. Like days where we promote YuGiOh, Secret Hitler, etc....

getting people to show up and use the space

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Good point, McM. TRR has a terrific WW community we could tap into.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Yeah, that's a good idea.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Pokemon showdown anyone? :sob:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:49 PM

Now that nuke day is behind us and we have the server ready, it's probably the perfect time to start doing invites.

Prydania Yesterday at 12:50 PM

@Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria we can look at that once we've gotten things on stable footing. I don't want to expand too fast.

Otherwise we could end up with too many unused rooms

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:50 PM

We could ask TRR to help us host. But then send an invite out to every embassy we have.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:50 PM

Basically all you'd need is the room for discussing the battle tbh

but fair enough

Gorundu Yesterday at 12:50 PM

we could have a just Werewolf festival

Wonderess Yesterday at 12:50 PM

I PRed the discord link and could do another hit along the way

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:50 PM

We could get the Pokebot in there

Praetor Yesterday at 12:51 PM

The adventure game is so addicting some Ministers are paying more attention to it that this meeting.

Prydania Yesterday at 12:51 PM

indeed

ideally I see the server working with a series of events (Game Week where we invite others in, smaller single-game focused events) and the time between these would be like an old school arcade. Once we have a user base used to the server people just come and go to have fun

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:51 PM

yeah, that's right

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:52 PM

look Praetor it's Culture time not HA time

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:52 PM

Alright, we need to keep moving. So I just wanted to touch briefly on N-day. For this, I wanted to say that I'll be publishing a directive that outlines how the pre-planning should go (i.e. involving the Regional Commanders). Otherwise everyone had a lot of fun and that's the main thing

Obviously we were wiped out this year, but that's part of the game.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:53 PM

We need to get a bot in there to stop people from pinging the roles

Darcania Yesterday at 12:54 PM

are people abusing role pings?

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:54 PM

In terms of N-Day, it's best we work that out ahead of time

Yeah we had raider accounts that would spam

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:54 PM

I was out for most part, but I do remember some military guy pinged the entire military portion

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:54 PM

We had a lack of leadership that was on the ground, and that hurt uppercut a ton

I did that to reinforce orders :shrug:

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:55 PM

Not you

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:55 PM

I disagree, I think the leadership was there, but we just got smashed in the end.

Praetor Yesterday at 12:55 PM

I think there's room for a significant amount of improvement.

Anyway I am conscious of time, so we need to keep moving.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 12:55 PM

I would've said it was you if it were you, Bob.

Yes, let's.

@Prydania I've put Themed Thursday on the agenda as well. Basically similar to the Lennarts, we just need to come up with a brief list and a couple of images for rewards to display in signatures

Darcania Yesterday at 12:55 PM

hand it off to the deputies

Praetor Yesterday at 12:55 PM

At times McM, we were asking what we should be doing and either nobody was answering or the person that was was pretty much just saying "give up".

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 12:55 PM

I had someone (who I will keep anonymous, but you are free to guess) comment on how disorganised we were as a faction

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Then the final thing is the 10,000 Islands Event

Darcania Yesterday at 12:56 PM

let's best not dwell too much on it before ghost comes in

Praetor Yesterday at 12:56 PM

yay xki

Not much to say on this yet, except that it will be happening in November. So we will need to start thinking up some ideas of what we'd like to do.

They've proposed some war games, but other than that, I don't have much yet.

Praetor Yesterday at 12:56 PM

raid with them

Alright, @El Fiji Grande over to you.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 12:56 PM

Alright. o7

The Ministry of Radio has really gotten a jump-start these last few weeks. I recruited SillyString and r3n to work on the Ministry symbolism, finalized Ministry organization, and laid out a detailed plan to build the necessary infrastructure to begin standard operations. This included an extensive series of tutorials and a complete set of badges to reward Ministry participation. Recruitment began immediately, with about a dozen people already onboard.

I knew it would take about two weeks to get established. Since May 11th, it’s been just over that amount of time. In that time, the Ministry has summarized the Delegates’ Day show NBS ran at the end of last term, and released one show - the interview with Prydania on the subject of the Inaius Roleplay world. I have also recorded an interview with Kasch as our new Minister of Communications and have done my best to record the RP Symposium Lectures, having so far captured Syrixia, Prydania , Goyanes, and… I think one more. (I’ll have to check.) My hope is that by recording these lectures, people who couldn’t attend the Symposium will have something to accompany the essays each speaker contributed. These shows will be the first to be edited via the shared audio editing program I’ve created, so will likely take some time to be released.

That brings me to staff organization and the shows themselves. Staff members of the Ministry of Radio will be asked to record shows, participate and host, summarize, and almost most importantly help edit them. In order to host a show, a Show Planning thread must be created in The Studio. It shall include the show title, topic list/discussion questions, and list of speakers. Once complete, approval or denial can be given by either the Minister of Radio or the Delegate, in that that the Delegate can override the ruling of the Minister. This is intended to both improve the quality of shows and set a standard for what is allowed on the NBS platform.

As for the task list, most of that I’ve already mentioned or will post soon.

Audio editing:

An Interview with Kasch

Syrixia’s RP Symposium Lecture

Prydania ’s RP Symposium Lecture

Goyanes’ RP Symposium Lecture

There’s also a backlog from last term of RP shows (I have not forgotten)

Beyond that, there’s also an upcoming show I’ve been planning to do with Robespierre on what he sees as the future of the NPA given his and McM’s plans. I also intend to publish a monthly report on Ministry activities starting this Tuesday, the 1st of October.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 12:59 PM

Another Ministry off to a flying start!

It has been exciting to watch you craft the Ministry

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:00 PM

I'm glad you appreciate the work I've done.

Gorundu Yesterday at 1:00 PM

o7

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:00 PM

The Ministry will also need to recruit more staff in order to keep up with its goals this term. So far, only Gorundu has helped with audio editing. My plan is that by continuing to produce interesting shows and encouraging newcomer participation, we’ll ultimately reach the goal of having a dream staff.

On the topic of deputies - if I could pick anyone, I’d pick Prydania and Kasch ovia, but alas, both are currently Ministers. In an effort to abide by McM’s rule that Ministers can’t serve as deputies, I’ll hold off. As for the rest of my staff, I haven’t appointed any of them deputies yet because none have yet shown that they are worthy of that role. If I am to appoint a deputy, I need to be able to rely on them. That requires trust, and I haven’t built that regular staff members in the Ministry yet.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:00 PM

The show about the NPA would be interesting for sure

We could do some in-game promotion for staff for the radio ministry

It would also just build the profile of the Ministry

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:01 PM

Pretty much anything might help.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:02 PM

I'd be happy to host and/or participate and/or edit in that NPA show, fwiw.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:02 PM

Alright.

Does anyone have any other questions on Ministry of Radio affairs?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:03 PM

@here question time :stuck_out_tongue:

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:03 PM

None from me, really. Excellent work thus far.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:04 PM

No questions. Alright brushes trousers I suppose I'm just that good.

Gorundu Yesterday at 1:04 PM

any plans to better encourage radio staff to participate in editing?

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:04 PM

^

Prydania Yesterday at 1:04 PM

no questions from me, great work so far

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:04 PM

I have no questions for now

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:04 PM

Aside from the badges and NS Cards, staff members should know that audio editing is the key to impressing me for a deputy position :stuck_out_tongue:

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 1:05 PM

Does anyone have any other questions on Ministry of Radio affairs?

What's the difference between AM & FM radio

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 1:05 PM

What does MoR need right now

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:05 PM

Modulation

Gorundu Yesterday at 1:05 PM

on the topic of deputies, I don't think deputies for radio has been mentioned at all on the forums

The Ministry needs staff, first and foremost, who are willing to learn and contribute

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:05 PM

Actually....

Gorundu Yesterday at 1:05 PM

perhaps we should make staff aware of that potential opportunity

I addressed the topic of deputies in my wall of text above

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:06 PM

Gorundu that's pretty vague, do you have ideas on how to do that?

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:06 PM

Might be best to ping them about it

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:06 PM

That said, I haven't mentioned that treat as much as that's not what should motivate you to participate

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:06 PM

How can the Ministry of Radio create content with more exposure to it? That is, once a broadcast is edited and released on YouTube, what is being done to better promote the final product and get it in front of the eyes of our residents?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:07 PM

Well for one thing, Fiji has clearly been playing a role as a facilitator. He has been getting residents to engage with the content that is published by asking questions that everyone answers.

Which i think is brilliant

Darcania Yesterday at 1:07 PM

Oh boy

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:07 PM

The way I've been doing that is through the written summaries I've been posting under the Ministry of Radio forums. This link is easily shareable, condenses the video into something easily skimmable, and highlights interesting segments with timestamps.

Darcania Yesterday at 1:07 PM

Video comprehension quizzes

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:08 PM

Should we work with HA and Culture or potentially Comms on promoting that content? @El Fiji Grande

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:08 PM

We can also publicise them in-game as well, through press-releases and telegrams.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:08 PM

And yes, the discussion questions help.

What McMasterdonia said. Promoting those threads will help build our audience and bring attention to the Ministry.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:09 PM

Could do dispatches as well.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:09 PM

And please, I encourage all staff members (not just of Radio, but all staff members) to actively participate by discussing show content in those threads.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:09 PM

everyone else is a bum

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:09 PM

What about the NBS show broadcast list?

Is that being kept up to date since I last tended to it?

Does this fall under MoR’s scope?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:10 PM

>_>

Yes, NBS falls under Radio's scope

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:10 PM

Didn’t know if everything carried over from Comms

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:10 PM

I don't believe I've updated it. That's probably something I should do. I can also work on expanding those threads into dispatches and the like. Thanks for the idea, Bob.

And Robes.

I might like help with that though. Perhaps the press office could contribute to that effort?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:11 PM

You can also give the releases to the Press Secretary, so they can do up the video release, telegram and RMB post all in one

Yep.

I think that would be the best approach.

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:11 PM

I’m happy to help

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:12 PM

If there is nothing else for radio, I think we need to move onto WA Affairs if @Empress Tlomz is still awake

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:12 PM

If you’d like some assistance

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:12 PM

barely

Praetor Yesterday at 1:12 PM

shoot I was going to dibs MoWAA

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:12 PM

Okay Tlomz, can you give your opening for MoWAA

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:12 PM

For shows regarding or targeting a specific audience, did you want HA to do a list? @El Fiji Grande

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:13 PM

Well, for MoWAA this term I have the usual goals of IFV efficiency and WALL cooperation, however this term I am taking a different approach internally with the leadership hierarchy.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:13 PM

I think for the most part, the only specialized shows we've done so far are the RP shows. The RP community is already fairly well aware of them through Pry's announcements in the RP server and from the VCs we often host. In the future, that's something I can keep in mind for other audiences, sure.

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:14 PM

Ive selected 4+ DMs with the intention of training them to be mini ministers capable of adapting the roles of MoWAA as needed. And allowing me to focus more on the intangibles of my role rather than the pedantic paperwork

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:14 PM

How has that been going so far?

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:15 PM

Well, sadly the WA is still on a slow patch for IFV training is benched right now

Gorundu has been trained to send IFVs and Robes will be

That will be gradually expanded over time

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:15 PM

That's good

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:15 PM

They are all accessing the IFV account via my minister account for the IFV platform

Mainly to allow for ease of access and prevent too many users from having personal account access to the main IFV template

WALL cooperation will be harped on in the coming months as the WA gets increasingly busy

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:17 PM

Okay, well it is always a good idea to have more people trained, so you can focus on strategy

Praetor Yesterday at 1:17 PM

Glad the incorporation of WALL went well.

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:17 PM

WALL inc

Speaking of which, I'm interested in looking at what the next step should be for WALL

Honestly activity

One issue is that I think there are plenty of TNPers who don't really understand it or how it works

And I'm keen to look into growing its membership

The WA is very slow right now so its kind of hard to push it

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:18 PM

Do you think your sponsorship program will result in more proposals coming from our end (at least?)

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:18 PM

Well for it to expand members it would need ratification by all signatories

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:18 PM

As WA activity ramps up, did we want to do an HA list advertising that to WADP people?

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:18 PM

and given our numerous geopolitical differences between the regions, that is no easy feat

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:18 PM

That's okay, we just need to take it step by step and cross that bridge when we get to it.

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:19 PM

Perhaps

I do have a keen interest in TSP

But they have been very slow to the punch on a WA ministry

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 1:19 PM

+ Balder rather dislikes them

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:19 PM

^

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:20 PM

We'll see. But basically just flagging that if anyone has ideas for regions that we could look at involving in WALL, I'm keen to hear them.

@Empress Tlomz can you update us on the status of the sponsorship program?

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:20 PM

The current proposals are fairly stalled

Im waiting on a response from the authors

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:21 PM

So they submit a request and then you DM them?

Lady Raven Wing (LD) Yesterday at 1:21 PM

regions that we could look at involving in WALL

Let me regale you with the tale of when Forest attempted (and was rejected) to join... :stuck_out_tongue:

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:21 PM

Yes

Its somewhat informal at the start since authorship can take a very long time

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:22 PM

^

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:22 PM

Once they get a working draft with a timeline we can move forward formally

Thats why you may see some accepted proposals and then hear nothing for months at a time

Hell, my first GA non repeal took 9+ months of drafting

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:23 PM

Yes, I know it takes time to draft.

Gorundu Yesterday at 1:23 PM

do you think we should reach out to TNPers who submitted or proposed resolutions on the NS but didn't go through the WA Ministry?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:23 PM

But you contact them and ask them for their draft? or just their notes and then you help them draft?

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:24 PM

It depends on what help they want. I check in a fair amount but if they are unneeding of assistance then its more of a status update and not a active team work

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:24 PM

Ah okay, fair enough then.

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:25 PM

I could make some more formal updates

but its kinda difficult to gauge

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:25 PM

Does anyone @here have any questions or comments for the WA Affairs Minister before we end the meeting? The Defence portion will be taking place in the NPA server.

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:25 PM

It will?

That’s news to me lol

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:26 PM

Mine have already been answered, thanks.

Gorundu Yesterday at 1:26 PM

do you think we should reach out to TNPers who submitted or proposed resolutions on the NS but didn't go through the WA Ministry?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:26 PM

No, it won't. I said that for no reason.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:26 PM

Why u such a bum

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:26 PM

Ah

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:26 PM

>_>

<_<

>_<

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 1:26 PM

Wait how

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:26 PM

<_>

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:26 PM

It will be in the NPA server :stuck_out_tongue: @Darcania suggested it. Given that most of the NPA are not here.

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:26 PM

@Gorundu Thats been tried in the pass to little avail. I am willing to but they tend to not really learn much or be too young to join discord

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 1:26 PM

But but not all the exec staff are in the NPA server

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:27 PM

Another thing with the WA

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:27 PM

That’s awkward

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:27 PM

I believe I left the NPA server at the start of this term.

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:27 PM

Fiji come back

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:27 PM

We don't need all the exec staff in the NPA server

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 1:27 PM

Yes, Tlomz?

Darcania Yesterday at 1:27 PM

I didn't suggest it but agreed with that solution

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:28 PM

Ideally, Id like to develop my internal team to specialize in various areas. This includes outreach, talent scouting with proposals and authors, and dealing with sponsorships

Praetor Yesterday at 1:28 PM

Oh

@McMasterdonia would you like the aforementioned item brought up now?

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:28 PM

and yeah you're not in that server Fiji

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:29 PM

My internet connection just died

Empress Tlomz Yesterday at 1:29 PM

Impeach!

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:30 PM

Ok I’m still here

Robespierre Yesterday at 1:30 PM

Fiji’s on the NPA server now

(Again)

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:30 PM

Okay??

Anyway to the topic at hand

Thanks for your presentations everyone

The final issue is something we forgot to mention in the culture section

Specifically we are looking into creating a Cards Guild

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1OF1F9wtc2lhs-PbFvZH86PaMeOK2pxuxE04Kxhsoh-s/edit

Google Docs

The North Pacific Cards Guild

Possible name templates (we use guild below as placeholder): Guild Chamber of Commerce Board of Trade Society Union Membership requirements: Be a citizen. Apply on the guild subforum. Register with one nation [TNP nation?] Benefits: Can participate in the card giveaway prog...

Took me a while to find it

@Praetor do you want to talk about this?

Praetor Yesterday at 1:33 PM

Sure.

Essentially, r3n and I have been discussing taking our card program to the next level for sometime. The above document is the result. We have created something which has the goals to get individuals interested in Cards to bring their WA into TNP, become citizens, etc. As well, we have some other stuff which are more culture focused to the casual card player.

We've been seeing other regions move forward with card programs following in our footsteps. This should help us keep ahead of the curve and keep card players and their WAs in TNP.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:35 PM

Any regions in particular, for curiosities sake?

Praetor Yesterday at 1:35 PM

TRR is first to the top of my mind.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:35 PM

Under benefits, what is a "pull event?"

Praetor Yesterday at 1:35 PM

I've also gotten recruitment telegrams offering cards for moving to region.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:36 PM

Huh

I didn’t know TRR had a card program

Praetor Yesterday at 1:37 PM

A pull event is where a true CTE card (a card which nation no longer exists) is put up at auction. This is the only time that card can be found in packs. As such, it's usually a huge rush to open packs and try to find that card. We'd be putting some true CTE cards up at auction eg. HMS Unicorn, fratt, etc.

It's nothing like ours but I've seen them mentioning giving them away.

We have a huge advantage in that r3n is an amazing card farmer.

Really what's limiting other regions is that they don't have someone with 500 puppets who is willing to give away all their cards.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:38 PM

Can SCers participate? :stuck_out_tongue:

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:38 PM

NPA ^

Praetor Yesterday at 1:38 PM

In the Guild? Yes.

El Fiji Grande Yesterday at 1:38 PM

Cool.

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:38 PM

Awesome.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:38 PM

Anyway we intend to push ahead with this idea. If you are keen to help then let Praetor know and I’m sure it can all be worked out

Bob, Deputy Minister of Gloria Yesterday at 1:39 PM

If you need access to the roster for bookkeeping purposes, talk to Robes.

Praetor Yesterday at 1:39 PM

Any suggestions for further programs (subject to budget constraints) would be appreciated.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 1:39 PM

Alright. I’d like to formally end the non-defence component. As we are way over time.

Thank you to all who came and participated

September Staff Meeting Session 2

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 5:50 PM

@tnp Executive Staff the second session of the staff meeting will commence in 10 minutes. This session will focus on foreign affairs, communications and home affairs. The agenda is here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1n0VxL1dbBDojWMu6OYvMs14zTrzW7x1qWO5uep2WQx0

Google Docs

TNP Staff Meeting: September

September Staff Meeting (Session 1) Sunday 30 September 4AM UTC (Other timezones) Attendees Executive Council McMasterdonia , Delegate Artemis, Vice Delegate Robespierre , Minister of Defence El Fiji Grande , Minister of Radio Prydania , Minister of Culture Tlomz, Minister of Wo...

Gorundu Yesterday at 5:51 PM

lol didn't realise they were on the same day

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 5:52 PM

Yay timezones :stuck_out_tongue:

Owen Yesterday at 5:52 PM

Yeah, it's just a different time to make it easier for people like me with timing

Last one was 4am my time

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:01 PM

Alright @here let's get this started then! Some of you may have been here earlier, or may have read the ideas we discussed in the first meeting, this is essentially just the second session of the staff meeting to make allowances for the non-american members of the cabinet and the executive staff. I decided to organise these staff meetings to allow for wider input into the forecasting of government activity for the term and to provide an opportunity to hear your questions and input on our plans.

We will work through the agenda as much as we can. I ask that you keep your questions relevant to the topic at hand. If you have other questions or feedback then please wait till the end of the official agenda.

@Owen @Bluie Gamer @Kasch pls confirm that you are all present and accounted for :stuck_out_tongue:

Owen Yesterday at 6:02 PM

I'm here

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:03 PM

We may have to start with your session first

Owen Yesterday at 6:03 PM

That's fine with me

What time is it for you?

Kasch might have slept in

Bluie was here earlier :stuck_out_tongue:

Owen Yesterday at 6:03 PM

OK, well let's get started with the FA section and we can see how we are going

Please proceed with your opening then, Owen :smile:

Owen Yesterday at 6:05 PM

Okay, so FA has admittedly had a slow start to the term, I appointed three deputies, Brendog, Praetor and Sankurika. These have been assisting with ES applications and the general running of the ministry. The roll call proved useful to see how everyone is going to be active. This allowed me to make changes to postings to reflect this activity

We are in the process of sending the last TNS to embassies.

As well as this I have begun drafting my ideas for how I want to World factbook idea that McM had in his platform together and that should be published in the next week.

Brendog and Praetor have also been tasked with smaller tasks in the ministry to update some of the areas that havent seen many changes in a while, the Diplomatic Protocol and the creation of a training guide

And finally, the regional development ideas, I have been thinking about how it may work and i will be working with me deputies too to get it moving

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:09 PM

I think I wouldn't say it has been slow - some of the tasks you're working on just take a little bit more time. That's perfectly okay as well.

On the first point re: the roll call. Have your newly assigned ambassadors proved more responsive than the last lot, do you think?

Owen Yesterday at 6:10 PM

I think it's hard to say right now because it can take some time to get fully into their positions and settled in their embassies forums with masking and all but I'm confident the new additions will prove responsive

Kasch Yesterday at 6:10 PM

I’m here (sorry!)

Owen Yesterday at 6:10 PM

There will always be a couple that lost activity but I want to be quicker to address this than previous terms

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:11 PM

That's alright Kasch . We will do Comms after the FA session.

Yeah, that's right. TBH I think it has been nice seeing more questions in FA from some of the new appointees, so I feel more confident that they'll stick it out

Owen Yesterday at 6:12 PM

I am too, its nice to get some fresh faces that are enthusiastic about fa

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:12 PM

Looks like most of them are asleep currently :stuck_out_tongue:

Lets talk about the world factbook idea some more

What ideas do you have so far in terms of how to compile it all? Do you have some sense for a timeline for the early drafts for each region?

Owen Yesterday at 6:15 PM

My initial thinking is that when it comes to compiling them after giving the Senior Diplomats a chance to help develop some of the regions, I will look to compile it into a google docs that will be passed along MoFA and the delegate or will take forum as a forum thread somewhere in FA

With regards to timeline, from posting the plan, I hopefully want to have some form of early drafts within two weeks to give time for stragglers

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:16 PM

I think we could probably use google forms to get some of the initial information out of the ambassadors. So then they just need to work through the questions we pose to them

Owen Yesterday at 6:16 PM

So I'm hoping that we should have them all by the end of October as the latest to allow the SDs to look over and develop them

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:17 PM

That sounds good

Owen Yesterday at 6:17 PM

That could work, I hadn't thought about that

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:18 PM

1 other matter is that for the public facing version, I'm going to see if I can work on a spreadsheet where we'd enter the text and it would create a dispatch... so each sheet would be a new dispatch. A bit like the handbook, but for the world factbook.

It would be easier to maintain on the NS side of things that way

Does anyone from the @Foreign Affairs have any ideas or questions regarding the world factbook initiative?

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:19 PM

hmm

I have a question, but not about the World Factbook initiative

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:19 PM

Alright, well lets wait on that one for the moment. We will come back to you.

Lets move onto the regional development matters, unless you have anything further to add Owen ?

Owen Yesterday at 6:20 PM

I dont think so

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:20 PM

Alright, so regional development. The crux of the issue is that it would be good to use our vast resources in a way that creates new relationships and helps our friends to build sustainable and active communities

So for that, some of our tools will be gradually becoming open source and we should utilise this opportunity to seek out potential partners

So really all I'd like FA to do at this stage is to have a think about the kinds of regions we could work with - whether they be old or new, and what kind of support we could provide to export our knowledge and infrastructure to help foster that partnership.

Owen Yesterday at 6:22 PM

That's certainly something I think we can work on

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:23 PM

Alright

@Gorundu what was your question?

Otherwise we can move onto Comms

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:24 PM

:cz_yawn:

I just woke up.

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:24 PM

my question was what is the ministry planning to do about new applicants. since the roster has just been filled back up, would you appoint new applicants to embassy postings?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:25 PM

good question

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:25 PM

and what would you do if you don't give them postings?

my perception is some of the newly appointed ambassadors have not yet introduced themselves to their embassy regions, so could it be possible to remove those postings and transfer them to new applicants?

Kasch Yesterday at 6:27 PM

Or you could assign them as ambassadors in training along with the current ambassador to show them the ropes. Just an idea. That's only if their new to FA.

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:27 PM

^

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:27 PM

I don't think that really works

Owen Yesterday at 6:27 PM

I think that I want to give posting to new ambassadors early and I think that it would be fairly easy to do, a lot of ambassadors have more than one embassy, so I would look to spread them out. I don't think that there is any problem with when they are changed, in my early days I moved around ambassadorships a lot, I wasnt in a role for more than a few months. So I'm not hugely bothered when the changes are made throughout the term. And I eventually want ambassadors to only have one embassy

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:27 PM

I've seen that used before, where we used to send five people to one region for training

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:28 PM

I was actually made an Ambassador-in-training for Balder Under Ghost with Eli as my mentor

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:28 PM

it is pretty simple to be an ambassador imo

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:28 PM

HI SORRY

I JUST WOKE UP

Kasch Yesterday at 6:28 PM

Just set a maximum of two then?

Owen Yesterday at 6:28 PM

With Kasch 's it's hard to find enough people that would actually want to help training

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:28 PM

concur with McM

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:28 PM

:chew:

Kasch Yesterday at 6:28 PM

I understand.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:28 PM

One option could be that we could ask them to help us on our other initiatives - like the World Factbook

Owen Yesterday at 6:28 PM

As a deputy a while ago, I proposed using SDs to train ambassadors as they were most experienced but noone really wanted to do it

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:29 PM

Tbh we may need to consider reforming the SD's at some point. I'm not sure it is working as it was intended.

I think for now unless there are more FA questions though, we should move onto Communications. To prevent this meeting going too far overtime as well :stuck_out_tongue:

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:29 PM

I feel like at the time being SDs are just advisors and more of a honorable role in FA. I’d support making them into mentors.

Oh okay.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:30 PM

You're all good

We could add a secondary category of mentors within the FA corps. Senior Diplomats are not as active most of the time as I'd like.

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:31 PM

Agreed.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:31 PM

Or it is usually they are most active when there is a crisis abroad and we require their intel/contacts

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:32 PM

I feel there are no more FA questions.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:32 PM

Correct!

@Kasch can you do your opening now?

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:32 PM

:unamused:

Don’t steal my catchphrase!

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:32 PM

Aww come on now

You have to share!

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:33 PM

Lol

Kasch Yesterday at 6:37 PM

I believe that we have started the term very well. Firstly, I appointed Marcus Antonius and Dinoium as my Deputy Ministers for the term. Secondly, I've updated the Communications Roster, along with the points spreadsheet, as I hope to continue with the points and rewards scheme. I have contacted all authors that are writing for Comms either for TNL or TNS. TNS XII is just around the corner, and TNL is being organized currently. As for the RPR, I have contacted Prydania and offered him my services should he need them, as the organization of the RPR 3 will be getting under way. In regards to the style guide, that is something we're working on, of course, and once TNL is sorted, we can begin to look at seminars through the University. That is everything I have listed as being in the works currently.

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:38 PM

:booster_WHAT:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:39 PM

In terms of TNL, have you given any thought to what the themes are going to be for the coming term? I know we discussed one on the future of NS, but are there any others?

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:39 PM

May I pose a suggestion for Communications?

Ideally it would be good to plan them out so that we can give the authors more time and we can harass them some more

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:39 PM

Gosh what freaking time zone are you even in Dinoium

Yes dino

I’m in EST/EDT, Ghost

Dino is from Saudi Arabia

sad

Lol

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:39 PM

You’re up way too early

Anyways

So we all know how Comms has a point system?

Kasch Yesterday at 6:40 PM

As for the themes, I believe that is something that we can discuss, definitely. At this current moment, I have no other themes in mind.

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:40 PM

:KappaShrug2:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:40 PM

Did you find the authors for the current TNL edition were responsive to your outreach or are we going to have to drop that theme or find new authors?

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:41 PM

Well what if we were to add a thing to the system where if you recruit someone into Comms, you get like 7-10 points (we can discuss the fixed amount of points in a later time) and you had to post in a thread saying who you recruited, your name, and how? (Like show evidence)

Kasch Yesterday at 6:42 PM

We have two confirmed articles finished. Harmoneia's, and Praetor 's. It really depends on whether we can find more writers, and whether we're happy to publish TNL with just two articles.

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:42 PM

I feel like that wouldn't work very well Dino

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:42 PM

Also yes Ghost. I am only awake due to my allergies and the meeting just so happen to be now.

Why so, Gorundu ?

It might promote Ministerial recruitment

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:43 PM

I think that idea could work to be honest - at least if we are recruiting people for particular themes for TNL

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:43 PM

^

If that is what you meant

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:43 PM

for TNL, I guess it would work

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 6:43 PM

Any chance of teaching staff and/or deputies on how to format TNL?

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:43 PM

And this theme is still the one Comms was developing last term?

Yes, El Fiji has offered to help with training in that respect. As it is too much for him to do a lone.

Yes Ghost

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:43 PM

Well I meant overall but it’s possible to invite someone to help write for TNL.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:44 PM

So from the platform, I made it clear that i intend to help by personally reaching out to authors to get them on board with TNL. So if there are others we have in mind for the current theme, let me know, I'm happy to reach out to them.

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:44 PM

but Dino seems to be talking about general staffers, and I think just recruiting someone in doesn't really show anything - there's a lot of executive staff, but only a relatively small portion of them are active

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:44 PM

True.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:44 PM

Ah, yes.

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 6:45 PM

Writing for TNL is different to writing for TNS.

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:45 PM

While we couldn’t get a commitment from Koth, I think it would still be great to have a prominent R/D player wax philosophical about what was and what can be. But perhaps we should fish in the defender pond instead. I think if you have one big name foreign author that provides that kind of perspective, you could feasibly do an issue with only three articles

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:45 PM

Perhaps Comms’ Minister and Deputies could reach out to new members to help guide them. Only thing is that we won’t use a default template as it’s better to just communicate with that person. They might feel more welcomed.

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 6:45 PM

We have enough staffers for TNS.

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:45 PM

or do we?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:46 PM

Harmoneia is arguably a big name or used to be at least

For R/D, perhaps I could try get Kyorgia to write something

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:46 PM

this edition, I was waiting to see if someone would take up the WA Digest, but no one did

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:46 PM

I know she is. But she didn’t come at it from the angle I had in mind

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:46 PM

What was the angle you had in mind?

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:47 PM

If you stay domestic I suggest two more articles, I just don’t know who would write them

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:47 PM

Lets invite Vinny to write something defender-like for TNL

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:47 PM

That would be fine

Kasch Yesterday at 6:47 PM

TNS is fine with the current people willing to write, as we can see in the roll call I posted, there are definitely enough authors. It would be nice to have newer faces writing for our publications, but right now we do need to focus on the publications at hand. TNL on the hand, is much harder in terms of finding authors.

If he would do it, that could be good

We could get Madjack to write something on how independence is dying

Madjack Yesterday at 6:47 PM

Asking someone arguably more relevant to current R/D than Harmoneia or even Koth might be good bets - maybe reach out to the likes of Roavin or Vinny for a more up to date view from the defender side

(Cause I can see him typing)

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:47 PM

I wanted a long time R/D player to freestyle, so long as they utilized their experience and knowledge of how that worked back then, and possibly how they thought it would evolve in the future

Madjack Yesterday at 6:47 PM

I would be happy to write something about that failed ideology

Kasch Yesterday at 6:47 PM

Great

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:48 PM

Please do! TNL can easily roast our own ideology

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:48 PM

Aaaaand MJ echoed my joke suggestion about Vinny

:stuck_out_tongue:

Alright, lets ask Vinny if he would be willing to write something.

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:48 PM

no, a joke suggestion would be asking Cormac

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:48 PM

I actually brought up trying defenders less then 5 minutes ago :stuck_out_tongue:

If Vinny writes something and Madjack writes his piece, that would be a good edition.

Madjack Yesterday at 6:48 PM

Vinny is a meme and I'm super salty about N-Day but he'd be a decent suggestion

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:48 PM

We can start with the bastards who creamed us on N Day

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:48 PM

Lol

Don't worry boys, you're all good boys. There is no need to compete for affection and praise

Madjack Yesterday at 6:48 PM

XD

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:49 PM

Lol

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:49 PM

Otherwise everything else on the comms agenda is going smoothly. I am a little concerned about publishing things too close together as it can be a nightmare for distribution

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:49 PM

McM will take the angry letters from the penguin readers

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:49 PM

But the coding tool I've created will make it easier to get them ready for distribution at least

Kasch Yesterday at 6:49 PM

Also, how does everyone feel about me doing something Fiji style in designing TNS graphically instead of coding it? I would be more than willing to style TNS every month. It really isn't a big task. I will of course create a template for it and a tutorial.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:50 PM

I would prefer we keep that one simple, like it is now

Given that the audience is different and it is more of a foreign update

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:50 PM

Everyone including Fiji would love someone taking on design and making it replicable

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:50 PM

TNS should stay simple, yes

But that’s a TNL thing

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:50 PM

I'm already worried that the graphic style is not going to be sustainable into the long term

And Roleplay Reel I guess

Kasch Yesterday at 6:50 PM

hmmm

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 6:51 PM

agreed, keep TNS coded

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:51 PM

I’d love to help with the graphics but I obviously don’t have the same program Fiji uses.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:51 PM

I should've volunteered on the design team for the Labor Party. Instead I just know how to use spreadsheets and mail merge for days

Madjack Yesterday at 6:51 PM

we could look to do special graphic editions - maybe as an end of year/end of term thing

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:51 PM

Lol

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:51 PM

That's a good idea

Madjack Yesterday at 6:52 PM

do a best of tnl/tns thing

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:52 PM

well at least the spreadsheet knowledge came useful here McM

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:52 PM

We have tons of sheets and I love it

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:52 PM

I feel like the special graphic editors fit more into CU’s Graphics.

and maybe a new article on a big topic to include in it

Perhaps we could ask CU to help assist us?

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:52 PM

#SpreadsheetGang

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:52 PM

I've also been wondering if the image versions of TNS for instance could be linked to in an online porfolio

*TNL

I love spreadsheets

CU's graphics team are more inactive than i am in RP, but poking them could help

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:53 PM

So instead of actually posting the images on every forum, we'd like to the portfolio and they'd click through each page. But again it comes down to whether or not we believe people will take that second step of clicking another link (possibly not).

Lol Dino heart reacted his own post :stuck_out_tongue:

Ghost (Pallaith) Yesterday at 6:53 PM

If I ever get that Democracy Day swag, I hope to use the little TNL book as a guide for how something like that can work

Madjack Yesterday at 6:53 PM

PDF updates back in the KRO days in Osiris were welcomed

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:53 PM

I should had edited my post instead of reacting

except by defenders

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:53 PM

:wary:

but they're losers

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:53 PM

That's right

I think we ought to move onto Home Affairs now @Bluie Gamer

If there are more ideas and questions, we can hear them at the end.

Kasch Yesterday at 6:54 PM

:thumbsup:

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:54 PM

No? We should talk about the Waifu Affairs Ministry

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:54 PM

>_>!

Kasch Yesterday at 6:54 PM

why did I get pinged about joining the movement or something

nevermind

continue

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:54 PM

Also don't join the movement

if you do, ur fired

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:54 PM

JOIN THE MOVEMENT

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 6:54 PM

I will not bow to the movement

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:54 PM

Good morning/noon/afternoon/evening/early morning everyone. HA has been a lot of work, setting everything up. There have been a lot of things that I wanted changed and modernized, and there are still more to go, like forum mentors. That is why I chose deputies quite late, to give myself time to make these changes. Unfortunately, around the same time, my IRL obligations picked up as well, limiting my time where I can work on HA. You can usually see me online, yes, but that would usually be on mobile, or I'm doing schoolwork and I'm just using Discord to keep from burning out. Nevertheless, I pushed through, and I am quite pleased with the reception. Staffers seem to be content with the new rules, which I made to ensure that I can keep an active ministry, even if it became much smaller. The next goal is the aforementioned revamping of forum mentors. The old thread will be locked and a new one will be made for it. Lastly, I had Deputy applications. Of those who applied, I picked Marcus Antonius and Brendog. I will admit that I haven't delegated much to them yet but that is soon to change once I get HA running up to my standards.

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:55 PM

@Kasch @A dog in a rocket join the movement and be cool like Bluie and Tlomz

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 6:55 PM

NO

Kasch Yesterday at 6:55 PM

no

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:55 PM

And Robes!

Gorundu Yesterday at 6:55 PM

^

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:55 PM

Focus.

Excellent - the mentors seem to be working pretty good so far. It has been nice to see the new members chased up for mentorship.

I've been really pleased with the work you have been doing Bluie

It is a big term for HA!

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:56 PM

^

I’d love a new thread for mentors.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:56 PM

Do you want to touch on the census work too?

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:56 PM

I forgot about that too lol

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:56 PM

Why are we using the thread made by Tomb!

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:57 PM

So here it is: https://www.nationstates.net/page=dispatch/id=1262748

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:57 PM

Here’s a survey idea.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:57 PM

The census definitely needs more promoting. We have very few responses as of now and we of course need a lot more data to work with.

Dinoium Yesterday at 6:58 PM

“Thoughts about N-Day” and all of the questions are “Should we had won” and all of the answers are “yes”.

:stuck_out_tongue:

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:58 PM

I think the survey is going okay tbh. We've had 20 responses so far. Sure, it isn't hundreds, but I've looked at our historical response rate and that isn't too bad

I will ask the GA's to promote it some more though

Praetor has also updated the survey on things to do in The North Pacific

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 6:59 PM

Maybe HA can send out telegrams. I'll look into it

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 6:59 PM

Hmm, not a bad idea.

We are also looking for more volunteers with editing/adding new questions. So see this: https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/9190982/#post-10262684

Please do volunteer @Home Affairs if you are able to do so :stuck_out_tongue:

Madjack Yesterday at 7:00 PM

I can promote it on the RP server if you want

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:00 PM

That'd be handy yeah

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:00 PM

we can probably even promote it on the main server

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:01 PM

Yeah, we should do a second ping about it

Ofc once we have the results for the survey we then have to action it

I expect for telegrams that this will require a fair bit of rewriting

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:02 PM

for the telegrams survey, maybe use sections?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:02 PM

We will likely experiment with spoilers and some of the newer formatting options available for telegrams

When most of them were written, they were pretty plain.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:03 PM

And I still have the telegrams to modernize, to look into having the staffers write their own template for lists, get more involved with GAs and the RMB, etc etc

Madjack Yesterday at 7:03 PM

Or pare it down to what we consider 'essential' questions and then have a link at the end that's like "hey, we've got a more in-depth survey here if you want to take that tooW

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:04 PM

Yeah, we could do that for the other surveys

Not all of the questions are required at least

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:04 PM

Oh I know what's wrong

I forgot to ping about the survey over on TNPMain

Madjack Yesterday at 7:04 PM

smh fired

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:04 PM

I thought you did that

lol

Anyway I think this survey work is really important and the results should be interesting. Where possible, we will be publishing comparative year on year data too :smile:

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:05 PM

I'll do it now

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:05 PM

So the data nerds can get around that

myself especially

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:05 PM

Data... nerds?

:crs:

Madjack Yesterday at 7:05 PM

he means Eluvatar

oh, and himself

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:06 PM

Yay pings

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:06 PM

lol

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:06 PM

No r3n?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:07 PM

Alright, I think you've touched on everything else

on the agenda

raYesterday at 7:07 PM

Good morning, everyone

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:07 PM

https://media1.giphy.com/media/5xtDarwlnNgxVN2oO0U/giphy.gif

The recruitment lists seem to be going well. People are claiming the rows very quickly. The only thing is that some of them don't ultimately do them immediately, so the lists sit there for quite a while

Hi RA

raYesterday at 7:07 PM

Sorry I'm late

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:07 PM

Sup Ra

Madjack Yesterday at 7:07 PM

smh fired

That's alright :stuck_out_tongue:

raYesterday at 7:08 PM

What is the current topic of discussion?

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:08 PM

HA but we’re moving on now

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:08 PM

Home Affairs

Does anyone @here have any questions/ideas for @Bluie Gamer and the HA team?

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:08 PM

and i keeping forgetting to say done on my rows :face_palm:

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:08 PM

@Bluie Gamer who’s Cormac?

:silly:

What? You said you asked Bluie a question smh

Gorundu Yesterday at 7:09 PM

"Several people are typing"

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:09 PM

Lmao

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:09 PM

Thoughts on a channel in the main discord were newer members can ask more in depth questions about the region?

^

I like that idea.

Madjack Yesterday at 7:09 PM

It might be a decent idea to see if there's people who have been in TNP for a while but might want a mentor. I don't know how extensive the mentor program was in the past, but it's possible that maybe some people slipped through the cracks?

Ngl

Gorundu Yesterday at 7:10 PM

off topic, but I'm ashamed to admit, I'm kinda liking this waifu avatar

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:10 PM

No more Waifu comments pls

A channel could be a good idea, or we could make it clearer in the bots welcome message that they can ask any questions in the Agora

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:11 PM

Anyone can ask and anyone can answer. I feel like the agora gets a bit cluttered at times

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:12 PM

Maybe the bot can have a longer introductory message

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:12 PM

Can we move onto the “R3n is underrated” ministry update?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:12 PM

Yes, we can change that to whatever we want re: the bot message

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:13 PM

Like the one after they have set their nation would be good as an introduction instead of just "Nation set."

Gorundu Yesterday at 7:13 PM

that's a good idea

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:13 PM

Yes, that's a good one

Gorundu Yesterday at 7:13 PM

like add something about citizenship

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:13 PM

SMART!

Alright, any other questions or comments? This can be related to the earlier meeting

Given that some of you were not here for that

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:14 PM

Add something that says check out the rules.

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:14 PM

Otherwise, I will close it

Madjack Yesterday at 7:14 PM

Can we coup now?

^

soon (tm)

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:14 PM

will there be a summary of the meetings?

We will also be doing an executive staff satisfaction survey

So you will have the opportunity to roast your bosses

Madjack Yesterday at 7:15 PM

Any update on setting up the RA committee stuff?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:15 PM

I will publish the raw logs and hopefully a summary with action items

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:15 PM

Says that Kasch is doing a very bad job

Yes Madjack !

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:15 PM

HA's summary: "Bluie just complained about everything."

I offered one earlier, but I will summarise it. What my plan is at this stage is to publish a directive that will outline how the Committees will work

For the “Do you have anything else to say” Defense part, I will just reply with:

raYesterday at 7:15 PM

Will the Foreign Affairs team have new chairs in the offices? Mine is making my back crack

:gladio_ree:

Subsequently, I will nominate two members for each committee. The Speaker will nominate two members.

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:16 PM

Oh?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:16 PM

Then once each committee has four members they will elect a Chairperson. The Chair will be responsible for admitting new members into the committee and for managing proceedings

I like this

raYesterday at 7:16 PM

What is the committee about?

For now, we aren't going to legislate it or put it into the rules

Isn’t the new committees the external and internal committee?

As I want it to be a success, so I want to see it grow first

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:17 PM

I forgot what you said in your platform

checks

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:17 PM

I think the best way to do that is to see it organically grow

raYesterday at 7:17 PM

Can someone answer my question? :disappointed_relieved:

You will get new chairs

raYesterday at 7:17 PM

Not that!

That was a joke question!

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:17 PM

Committees

If I am elected, I would propose to work with the Speaker of the Regional Assembly to appoint two informal committees of individuals grouped under the following categories:

“External Affairs” - Foreign Affairs, Defence, World Assembly Affairs;

“Internal Affairs” - Culture, Home Affairs, Communications

The role of these committees will be to ask questions, seek further clarification, and engage with the content of these reports. I believe this will quite clearly reinforce the notion of accountability and transparency to the citizens of the North Pacific. While the Speaker is not personally involved in the executive, I would value their input in the formation of these committees given that all government officials are accountable to the Regional Assembly. I think this would also be a great way to give new members the opportunity to take on a job and to find out more about what our government is doing.

Thanks Dino

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:18 PM

Correct.

raYesterday at 7:18 PM

Ooooh!

Sorry

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:18 PM

“Correct”

Aww Bluie

Gorundu Yesterday at 7:18 PM

Correct

:((

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:18 PM

>:)

So, let's see if I get this straight

This looks similar to Europeia’ executive split idea.

Tbh

It's a concentration of the ministries?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:19 PM

So the Ministers publish reports each month, right?

raYesterday at 7:19 PM

Indeed

So the committees are like an oversight body

They can ask for more information from the Ministers

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:19 PM

I’d like to be in the Committee Ngl

And it is a way of involving the RA in the process - to hopefully kick up some more activity there

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:19 PM

:flushed:

raYesterday at 7:19 PM

It's some sort of "Watch over the watchers" Situation?

Madjack Yesterday at 7:20 PM

It's like how committees work in Parliamentary systems

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:20 PM

Yeah. They basically oversee their assigned Ministries, I think

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:20 PM

I guess. I see it as an opportunity to just really ask more questions, get some more feedback, and to be honest... to actually get some responses to the reports

raYesterday at 7:20 PM

Thanks!

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:20 PM

As a lot of the time the reports were posted and I was the only one replying to them :stuck_out_tongue:

Madjack Yesterday at 7:21 PM

and it helps ensure that when the committees submit a report, someone is actually reading it and question things that need to be questioned and offering feedback and ideas

raYesterday at 7:21 PM

I think I understand now, apologies for asking :relaxed:

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:21 PM

When are we getting our Committee Chairpeople?

:Pensive_cowboy:

Madjack Yesterday at 7:21 PM

the chairponies will be elected by the members of the committees

Ah

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:21 PM

No need to apologise

:facepalm:

raYesterday at 7:22 PM

And how will the members of the committees be chosen?

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:22 PM

when are the first set of monthly reports going to be out?

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:22 PM

By the Speaker and Delegate

raYesterday at 7:22 PM

Interesting!

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:22 PM

The month isn't over yet Brendog I don't want to write mine yet

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:22 PM

“Correct”

If I am elected, I would propose to work with the Speaker of the Regional Assembly to appoint two informal committees of individuals grouped under the following categories:

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:22 PM

please I have three exams this week

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:23 PM

Oh great, random Spanish people are DMing me now like always

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:23 PM

:eyes: this isn't the NPO but I swear I saw a fish

:unamused:

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:23 PM

ill do it for you

raYesterday at 7:23 PM

Hey, as a Spanish person that isn't nice D:

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:23 PM

:heart:

I didn’t mean it that way!

:((

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:23 PM

Dino certainly has access to my campaign

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:24 PM

It’s just that I’m in a Spanish server for whatever reason and they keep randomly DMing me

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:24 PM

Well on that note, I think we can formally end the second session. Final chance for more questions!!!?

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:24 PM

Nope.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:24 PM

Do you have any general comments on any Ministry

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:24 PM

me?

Madjack Yesterday at 7:24 PM

When will you answer my question in the delegates question topic? :P

raYesterday at 7:25 PM

How is the experience as Delegate?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:25 PM

Yeah it was ruined Madjack tbh by other people asking questions

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:25 PM

When are we getting the Ministry of Gameside Affairs?

I wanted it to stew for longer

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:25 PM

:eyes:

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:25 PM

Yes you

I will answer it today

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:25 PM

Are the other ministries going to add their own tab to the executive staff master sheet?

Madjack Yesterday at 7:25 PM

o7

when can I resign?

@Bluie Gamer I think I've offered lots of general comments. And you can never resign.

Madjack Yesterday at 7:25 PM

Oh, I actually did have one defence related question/idea

You're doing a very good job Bluie

Thanks

If I wasn't happy with my ministers, I would fire them

I have no shame

raYesterday at 7:26 PM

Correct

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:26 PM

And I will do it

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:26 PM

Fire me

“Incorrect”

raYesterday at 7:26 PM

Don't fire me D:

@ra the experience of Delegate is really good! But there is a lot to do and I am mindful of all the plans I laid out for the term.

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:26 PM

deletes the entire HA subforum

Do it

Fortunately, I have a good team and I think the executive staff is really switched on which is good

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:26 PM

“Correct”

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:27 PM

I sometimes have a mild crisis of confidence, but overall all good.

It will be nice when the transition can be put to rest

But it has only been three weeks

So not too bad.

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:27 PM

When are we making ABC Minister of Ducks?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:27 PM

Regarding Gameside Affairs, I have no plans for this term to start that Ministry.. Unless something radical happens

raYesterday at 7:28 PM

Can we make a Ministry of Ministerial Ministries?

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:28 PM

abandons the GAs make them a Ministry nao

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:28 PM

McM refuses to answer my question regarding ABC!

Time to file a R4R

:cz_blurry_eyes:

Madjack Yesterday at 7:29 PM

it was brought up to me that NPA high command appears to be "behind on paperwork" - I guess this means the npa sheet maybe? - has the government considered maybe appointing deputy ministers solely concerned with the administrative side of the NPA?

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:29 PM

@Robespierre comments?

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:30 PM

Hey wait, I’m good with administrating!

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:30 PM

I realised I miss some questions earlier

Smh let me do all of the sheets

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:30 PM

why aren't you a DMoD then

Idk I asked Robes but he never told me

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:30 PM

rip should've applied for HA

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:30 PM

@A dog in a rocket yes, I want them to add their own tabs to the Ministry sheet. Particularly for WA Ministry, given that Tlomz is assigning special responsibilities.

Bring back Adjutants!

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:31 PM

so I can deny you >:)

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:31 PM

:(

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:31 PM

cool

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:31 PM

Madjack , as far as I know that is how it is working now. I think the NPA Deputy's just needed some access and some training on how to do it.

Madjack Yesterday at 7:31 PM

nods

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:31 PM

I think Trondstorm is taking care of the paperwork now

Madjack Yesterday at 7:32 PM

Excellent to hear, I saw that he had been active in the application thread

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:32 PM

any plans for an endorsement event this term?

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:32 PM

We are going to launch one tomorrow

That will focus on the transition

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:33 PM

Tomorrow for Muricans, Englishpeople, or us?

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:33 PM

When can Gladio be Delegate again?

A dog in a rocketYesterday at 7:33 PM

knew i read that somewhere

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:33 PM

:paulryandabs:

Jk

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:33 PM

Tomorrow for us

Bluie Gamer Yesterday at 7:33 PM

Coolio

tarts and applies for SC

Dinoium Yesterday at 7:34 PM

Applies for TGW

“Vincorrect!”

McMasterdonia Yesterday at 7:34 PM

Alright, I will formally close the meeting now.

Thank you all for coming along. Thank you all for your hard work in the Executive. We do appreciate it and recognise what you do.

My door is open if you want to chat or complain about the Ministers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back