mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
Hi everyone,

As part of the recent election campaign, I pledged that we'd take a heavy gameside approach and undertake a number of censuses and surveys. My plan is to try to use a number of surveys from previous years, adapt if necessary, and then publish comparative results where possible.

1. The surveys I've started on are listed in this document with some example timelines.

I'm interested in hearing from you if you think there are other areas we should be surveying. One that comes to mind is a survey focused on the regional message board, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Likewise it would be good to have some volunteers to help with working on some of these documents. If you're interested in volunteering, please comment below and indicate which one you'd like to work on.

Thanks,
McMasterdonia

There are a couple surveys I think would be useful, though neither of them are strictly gameside.

1. Survey of all NPAers (not just High Command) about whether NS Cards is something they would like to see added as an award for service
2. Mid-term survey on Ministry satisfaction. I'll happily volunteer for this, as it'll help provide excellent feedback to the Ministry of Radio

Also, McM, you should change your signature to reflect the changes made to the general executive staff badge!

Aside from editing (I noticed one question asks what recruited you to Europeia), I would be willing to work on "Did you know about all there is to do in The North Pacific?" to ensure it covers all the card related programs we have created.

There are a couple surveys I think would be useful, though neither of them are strictly gameside.

1. Survey of all NPAers (not just High Command) about whether NS Cards is something they would like to see added as an award for service
2. Mid-term survey on Ministry satisfaction. I'll happily volunteer for this, as it'll help provide excellent feedback to the Ministry of Radio

Also, McM, you should change your signature to reflect the changes made to the general executive staff badge!

1) I think Robes can do that informally. However, we could in our 'Did you know about all there is to do in TNP' survey, we could ask if cards rewards/other rewards would make them more likely to participate in xyz.
2) That's a good idea - we could do that one of two ways. We could do a forum poll using standard thread features. We used to do that a lot back in the day. Or we could do a general survey like these and send it out region wide. Either way, happy for you to work on this.

Aside from editing (I noticed one question asks what recruited you to Europeia), I would be willing to work on "Did you know about all there is to do in The North Pacific?" to ensure it covers all the card related programs we have created.

Eeek that's awkward. I hope we didn't send it out like that a year or two ago. I've fixed that question.

That would be great! I'll share it with you. DM me your gmail on discord.

This idea is not so much for an in-game survey, but maybe there could be a survey among Executive Staff about job satisfaction.

Also, for the Telegram Quality Survey, I'd note that all the scripted telegrams in this Home Affairs Headquarters subforum, which Fiji put there last term. Maybe there's a possibility to include manual telegrams from the Executive Staff as well? Although that might be difficult since there are many types of these telegrams.

1) I think Robes can do that informally. However, we could in our 'Did you know about all there is to do in TNP' survey, we could ask if cards rewards/other rewards would make them more likely to participate in xyz.
2) That's a good idea - we could do that one of two ways. We could do a forum poll using standard thread features. We used to do that a lot back in the day. Or we could do a general survey like these and send it out region wide. Either way, happy for you to work on this.

Eeek that's awkward. I hope we didn't send it out like that a year or two ago. I've fixed that question.

That would be great! I'll share it with you. DM me your gmail on discord.
Done.

There were a few other issues which will probably be caught when edited but I don't mind giving everything a look over after they're edited.

This question was in the "Telegram Quality Survey", which was a survey that had only been run in Europeia in 2014 or so, and not in TNP. It was among the 1-2 Euro-only I shared with you as examples of surveys we should also do here.

So, we're good as far as past surveys are concerned.

I'd be happy to help update the surveys. I used to keep notes on changes needed for subsequent versions of the same surveys. Some of these notes are very old, given that most of these surveys have not been repeated since 2014, but I can try to dig them up.

Last edited:
This idea is not so much for an in-game survey, but maybe there could be a survey among Executive Staff about job satisfaction.

Also, for the Telegram Quality Survey, I'd note that all the scripted telegrams in this Home Affairs Headquarters subforum, which Fiji put there last term. Maybe there's a possibility to include manual telegrams from the Executive Staff as well? Although that might be difficult since there are many types of these telegrams.

That's a good idea, yeah. Now that we know what our staffing profile is overall too, it will be better for measuring the results.

Manual telegrams from the HA team would be included, other than that are there any in particular you're referring to?

Done.

There were a few other issues which will probably be caught when edited but I don't mind giving everything a look over after they're edited.
And shared!

This question was in the "Telegram Quality Survey", which was a survey that had only been run in Europeia in 2014 or so, and not in TNP. It was among the 1-2 Euro-only I shared with you as examples of surveys we should also do here.

So, we're good as far as past surveys are concerned.

I'd be happy to help update the surveys. I used to keep notes on changes needed for subsequent versions of the same surveys. Some of these notes are very old, given that most of these surveys have not been repeated since 2014, but I can try to dig them up.

I've shared the overall file with you that contains all the surveys. Feel free to add in any more documents you feel are relevant.

As you all know now, the initiative is live. I’ve posted a tentative schedule, that will likely change depending on where we get to with the editing.

Hey Fiji. The mid term is a month away, so it would be good if in the next few weeks you could draft some questions.

Have you had a chance to look at the survey yet? Hit me up if you want to discuss.

As you all know now, the initiative is live. I’ve posted a tentative schedule, that will likely change depending on where we get to with the editing.

Hey Fiji. The mid term is a month away, so it would be good if in the next few weeks you could draft some questions.

Have you had a chance to look at the survey yet? Hit me up if you want to discuss.
I did take a look at it. I think there could be a question asking which card programs nations have heard of.

Prior to making any suggestions I think it may be best to work out if there will be any additions/changes to the current card programs (which I am of course, willing to help out with :P ).

I did take a look at it. I think there could be a question asking which card programs nations have heard of.

Prior to making any suggestions I think it may be best to work out if there will be any additions/changes to the current card programs (which I am of course, willing to help out with :P ).

If there are any changes, I don't think they'd necessarily be significant enough to delay the survey. As it will take time for them to become well known. For now, let's update it to incl

If there are any changes, I don't think they'd necessarily be significant enough to delay the survey. As it will take time for them to become well known. For now, let's update it to incl
Done! I put the question right behind the list of programs run by the Ministry of Culture.

Back