-
-
-
-
TNP Nation
sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett
Following multiple changes to the Security Council membership, the Security Council has discussed a new Line of Succession. We now present the proposed changes to the Regional Assembly.

Line of Succession:
  1. The Vice Delegate
  2. GBM
  3. Pallaith
  4. Siwale
  5. Sil Dorsett
  6. Bootsie
  7. El Fiji Grande
  8. Lord Lore
  9. Artemis
  10. Nessuno
  11. Crushing Our Enemies

The line is generally decided by overall activity, tenure in the Security Council, and delegacy experience. It's supposed to represent who we feel would be best fit to assume the delegacy and keep the government functional if needed.

Border Control powers were a sticking point the last time I discussed it with the Security Council, since the top three below the VD qualify for the power without needing permission from the RA (Nessie). The problem from last time was that Pallaith and I were #2 and #3 in the line after the VD while also simultaneously serving as Delegate and Vice Delegate respectively. With a new Delegate, and with this new order, that vulnerability is resolved.

The top three beyond the Vice Delegate all have completed terms as Delegate. They have experience. It makes no sense for someone like Siwale who served two terms as Delegate to be sitting in the #11 spot.

Last edited:
I get that this line of succession is supposed to last beyond any Delegate's terms, but does it make sense to have the Delegate in the Delegate's line of succession?

I get that this line of succession is supposed to last beyond any Delegate's terms, but does it make sense to have the Delegate in the Delegate's line of succession?

The Constitution requires it.

El Fiji Grande is a Security Councilor. Should Fiji be unavailable to assume the duties of the delegacy, as would be assumed if he was unable to be delegate while delegate, then he's skipped and it would then go to Lord Lore under the new proposed order.

Constitution Article 6: The Security Council:
5. The Regional Assembly may establish a line of succession by a majority vote. The line of succession must always include the Vice Delegate and all current Security Council members, and must always place the Vice Delegate first. If a new member is admitted to the Security Council, they will be automatically added at the end of the current line of succession. If a member is removed from the Security Council, they will be automatically removed from the line of succession.
(emphasis added)

Last edited:
El Fiji Grande is a Security Councilor. Should Fiji be unavailable to assume the duties of the delegacy, as would be assumed if he was unable to be delegate while delegate, then he's skipped and it would then go to Lord Lore under the new proposed order

For note: This was how it was during the last term where Pallith and Sil were both above me in the LoS but where also the sitting Delegate and Vice Delegate. So despite being 4th in the SC LoS I was effecitvely Second after GBM for the time. Its something that happens fairly regularly.

The motion for a vote and a second are recognized.

Voting shall begin in 48 hours and will remain open for four days.

Back