The RIOT Bill

Syrixia

The one, the true, the great.
-
TNP Nation
Syrixia
Discord
TrialByDance#0419
I propose that we pass this bill, amending the Legal Code's section on Celebration Days to read as follows:

Section 10.2: Celebration Days
7. Flag Day will be observed on the twenty-sixth of April, to commemorate the adoption of the flag of The North Pacific.
8. Democracy Day will be observed on the seventh of July, to recognizes the day the Constitution was ratified, and honor the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Legal Code of The North Pacific.
9. Delegates' Day will be observed on the ninth of September, to acknowledge the hard work of delegates past and present and praise their great contributions to the region.
10. NationStates Day will be observed on the thirteenth of November, to celebrate the establishment of NationStates and provide an opportunity to extend fellowship throughout the NationStates communities.
11. RIOT Day will be observed on the twenty-ninth of May, to mobilize, celebrate, and spread the RIOT.
12. Celebration Days may be observed by regional events, festivals, games, contests, or other activities designed to evoke the spirit of the holiday.
13. The Delegate may proclaim additional one-time Celebration Days during the year as desired.

In this way we can spread the glory of the RIOT far and wide and frick the heccing frick out of the pRiViLeGeD fEw.
Section 10.2: Celebration Days
7. Flag Day will be observed on the twenty-sixth of April, to commemorate the adoption of the flag of The North Pacific.
8. Democracy Day will be observed on the seventh of July, to recognizes the day the Constitution was ratified, and honor the Constitution, Bill of Rights, and Legal Code of The North Pacific.
9. Delegates' Day will be observed on the ninth of September, to acknowledge the hard work of delegates past and present and praise their great contributions to the region.
10. NationStates Day will be observed on the thirteenth of November, to celebrate the establishment of NationStates and provide an opportunity to extend fellowship throughout the NationStates communities.
11. Celebration Days may be observed by regional events, festivals, games, contests, or other activities designed to evoke the spirit of the holiday.
12. The Delegate may proclaim additional one-time Celebration Days during the year as desired.

What would this day add to TNP as a whole.
McQ3BBC.png

This day seriously annoyed the Mods and we're going to commend such a thing? It was funny, I admit. But has just not...

This day seriously annoyed the Mods and we're going to commend such a thing? It was funny, I admit. But has just not...
Spoken like a member of the privileged few. How dare you insult the will of our Glorious Leader @Yalkan?

How do you know it annoyed them? They posted a notice sure. That doesn't mean they were annoyed.

The NS mods replied with a message to stop, but did it in a way that was poking fun at the whole thing. I wouldn't say it "seriously annoyed" the Mods.

That said? Look. It was fun. It was an afternoon of goofing off. That's all. Do I think that disqualifies it from this sort of bill? Eh, maybe. A little fun/whimsy never hurt anyone. It was a fun time, that's all. Do what you will from this point onward :P

We have too many holidays as it is. The people must be made to work more, not less.

This does remind me of a time myself, Asta and a couple of others held an occupy protest “occupy #themodcave”. I don’t think the mods mind a joke as long as we listen to their notices and are respectful.

We have too many holidays as it is. The people must be made to work more, not less.

This does remind me of a time myself, Asta and a couple of others held an occupy protest “occupy #themodcave”. I don’t think the mods mind a joke as long as we listen to their notices and are respectful.
I was hoping for more vacation days damnit. Just let this slide. And yes the mods have a sense of humor. Everyone shaped up. It was good fun

The NS mods replied with a message to stop, but did it in a way that was poking fun at the whole thing. I wouldn't say it "seriously annoyed" the Mods.

That said? Look. It was fun. It was an afternoon of goofing off. That's all. Do I think that disqualifies it from this sort of bill? Eh, maybe. A little fun/whimsy never hurt anyone. It was a fun time, that's all. Do what you will from this point onward :P
Yeah you're right. But I still feels a bit strange to make this a holiday. Eh, I'll support it going to vote just to see what happens.

I second the motion for a vote.

Yeah you're right. But I still feels a bit strange to make this a holiday. Eh, I'll support it going to vote just to see what happens.

I second the motion for a vote.
I really don't care one way or another if this is a holiday :P I just thought it was a fun afternoon. Like Yalk said, everyone shaped up once the NS Mods stepped in.

A simple yes or no would have sufficed, not that image. And please remove that image as well.

A vote is scheduled for 5 days following 5 days Formal Debate.

Last edited:
Let's not enforce references to a casual afternoon of fun and entertainment on those who didn't participate.

I’m not really sure why you decided to propose this bill, Syrixia.

From making jokes, to rushing it to vote, I don’t see how you expect it to pass by any margin.

Unless the point of it is to fail, in which case, I’m old and unhip, but you already knew that.

I’ll be voting nay.

From making jokes, to rushing it to vote, I don’t see how you expect it to pass by any margin.

Unless the point of it is to fail, in which case, I’m old and unhip, but you already knew that.

I’ll be voting nay.

h u s h you absolute e l i t i s t

r
i
o
t

Last edited:

I’ll be voting nay.
This young heathen has not yet learned of the beautiful powers of RIOT. Shambolic. Thou shall vote AYE on the RIOT.

As someone who partook in the fun this afternoon?

@Syrixia @Highton @Bobberino

I’m gonna ask that guy all tone it down. Making a scene in the RA isn’t going to do anyone any favours and makes the goofing off I indulged in earlier seem less...fun.

By all means propose the bill, see what happens, but G-ddamnit, control yourselves.

It isn’t spam if it is sanctioned
It isn’t.

Last edited:
It isn’t spam if it is sanctioned
No it is not sanctioned and continued spamming in this thread will not be tolerated. This is a place of business where laws are discussed and have the potential to impact the region. I’m all for spam, but in the appropriate areas. Which the RA is not the place for spam.

Back