FOIA Request: Government Communication with Banned Nations

Discussion in 'Delegate's Government' started by Crushing Our Enemies, May 24, 2019.

1. Crushing Our Enemies

Crushing Our Enemies TNPer - - - - -

Discord:
    COE#7110
    Under the Freedom for Information Act, I would like to request all government records of communication with nations that were banned from the region in the last month regarding their in-game bans. This is to include telegrams, forum messages, discord messages, or any other form of communication between a member of the executive (including the Delegate, Vice Delegate, Ministers, and Gameside Advocates) and a nation that was banned in the last month (including Captain Caspia, Hardonius, Lord Ravenclaw, Eripolis, The Almighty America, Fahrenheit 69, The Hell To You Live, Muxo, Timey, Timeyz, and Gatyistan).

There is no need to include any communications that are unrelated to their in-game bans. This request is made out of an interest in discovering the government procedures regarding notices sent to nations preceding or following an in-game ban.

2. El Fiji Grande

El Fiji Grande Delegrande - - - -

Discord:
    El Fiji Grande #3446
    The only one of those players I believe I have ever spoken to is Hardonius, back when he was a member of the Ministry of Communications back in Siwale's last term as delegate. Since there is no need to include any communications that are unrelated to their in-game bans, then I can confidently say I have no documents to turn over. I have never discussed their ingame bans with any of the individuals mentioned above.

3. Dinoium

Dinoium #WeBelieveWussie - - - -

TNP Nation:
    Dinoium
    Discord:
    Dino#1700
    I will be answering this as I was a Gameside Advocate during the time.

Lord Ravenclaw
    This was before his ban when communications exists. I do not have any Discord DMs conversations with the Ravenclaw at all (before he returns and got banned, during, and afterwards). My only conversations with him were on the Regional Message Board when I was welcoming him back*. He then replied thanking me* and that was that. There also was two conversations on his profile**.

Unknown Conversations
    As a Gameside Advocate, I need to try and enforce the RMB rules and guide people. Probably I had once communicated with some of the following but I can confirm that if I had "unknown conversations", it was not with Raven or Hardy. Me and Hardy barely communicated and our last talks were... I don't know. But it was before their bans. And I never tried to communicate to them afterwards.

4. Sil Dorsett

Sil Dorsett I'm a lot of things. - - - - - -

TNP Nation:
    Sil Dorsett
    Discord:
    Sil Dorsett#5888
    No notification was sent to Fahrenheit 69 when I banned him for spamming. The nature of the spammer's actions didn't warrant notification and they were subsequently deleted by NS mods.

5. Crushing Our Enemies

Discord:
    COE#7110
    Rather than random officials chiming in with their own personal experiences, could I request that a coordinated search for records take place, and a report be compiled and posted here? In cases were telegrams were not cross-posted to the forum, this would necessarily include consulting the members of the previous administration, since we just had a general election. The request was not "how many officers didn't telegram any of the banned nations?" It was for "all government records of communication with nations that were banned from the region in the last month regarding their in-game bans."

Please and thank you.

6. Praetor

Praetor Hoppin' Around -

TNP Nation:
    Praeceps
    Discord:
    Praetor#6889
    Any update on this?

7. mcmasterdonia

mcmasterdonia TNPer - - - - -

No, or there would have been a post saying so.

8. Nessuno

Nessuno Friends call me Nessie (Also spies) - - -

Discord:
    Nessie
    I've got a conversation with Hardonius on monday. Nothing special, just a normal "hi", "how are you?", "How things are going?", Ecc. Before that he warned me against a spammer and asked the reason for his ban.
    Other messages from other banned nations were simple insults, trolling and some admission from ban evaders who moved to other regions.

9. Crushing Our Enemies

Discord:
    COE#7110
    I would like to reiterate this request, since it seems like it hasn't been understood. I am asking for a comprehensive report from the executive as a whole in response to my FOIA request. I do not believe the requirements of FOIA can be fulfilled by a random collection of vague memories from whatever officials happen to glance at this thread. The law requires ALL information I've requested to be provided unless it meets with a narrow set of exceptions. @Nessuno your response demonstrates that there is information that the government is not providing - namely, the telegrams that you referenced. Far from fulfilling this request, your response has only demonstrated that there is at least some measure of non-compliance.

@El Fiji Grande In the three weeks since I made this request, has any progress been made on it? Can you clarify whether you are withholding all information because of a legal exemption to FOIA, or are you still in the process of preparing your report?

10. El Fiji Grande

El Fiji Grande Delegrande - - - -

Discord:
    El Fiji Grande #3446
    @Crushing Our Enemies - I appreciate your patience. I only saw your most recent post and clarification this Monday, and have not had much time lately myself. However, my administration will compile a report to comply with the request.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2019 at 4:07 AM