Malphe for Vice Delegate

Malphe

You dirty rat, you killed my brother!
TNP Nation
Malphe
Discord
Malphe#9949
FfeIkji.png

Hi, I'm Malphe! You may know me as that rat dude. Well, that rat dude is making their first entrance into electoral politics, something they haven't yet touched in TNP and have been meaning to for some time, and they hope they can ensure your vote in this election.

So who am I? Well, I joined TNP halfway through 2016 and have in my time served as a Minister of Defense, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Deputy Minister of Communications twice, Deputy Minister of Defense twice, Lead Gameside Advocate (note: not all for full terms) and more recently have been promoted to NPA General. I have participated in upwards of 140 NPA operations and am one of the longest time members still active. I've been a dedicated member of TNP for a good amount of time and I'd like to think I know the region and it's political players quite well. I also have experience outside of the region, my two tenures as a Minister have demanded I explore the wider NS world.

I haven't decided on this campaign on a whim. I decided to dedicate myself to this a full month ago at the start of April, when I started endotarting- since then I have done so on a regular basis and I'm confident I would be able to meet the endorsement requirements for vice delegate handily. I also intend to accept no jobs offered to me in TNP for the duration of my term, unless I feel that I could reasonably perform both to an acceptable standard, to ensure I don't fail to deliver on any promises in this campaign.
vSx50OT.png
Sounds obvious doesn't it? Well it isn't necessarily a given. I can assure the voting public that I'll fulfill the duties, in their entirety, of vice delegate to the best of my ability.

The Vice Delegate can often be a far less public figure than the delegate, but their role in the region isn't much less instrumental. They ensure the proper workings of the Security Council, the proper vetting of citizens and the proper functioning of the WADP, among other things. If the VD isn't doing their job then large swathes of TNP's inner workings are put into jeopardy; I guarantee I won't let that happen.

Of course I can't honestly ensure something won't come up, either NS or IRL, that would make me unable to properly fulfill these duties; if anything of that sort occurs, I will formally resign as soon as possible, make way for a new vice delegate and do my best to ensure a smooth transition.
OGqpRxk.png

I won't make any wild, unattainable promises in how regularly I'll perform citizenship checks; as easy as it is to try to do that to secure people's vote, I don't intend to say anything in this campaign I'd regret, that isn't the type of campaign I want to run.

No, I won't be able to do them within eight hours or something else like that- I sleep that long, and my memory isn't robotic. But I will be able to perform checks consistently at acceptable times, and my experience outside of TNP will give me a unique advantage in identifying potential security threats to the region (though hopefully I'll not have to exercise that power, for everybody's convenience). I'll get them done within three days (and hopefully less) and I'll consult the SC with any concerns around an applicant.
1jxwEf2.png

The painful truth I've observed in my time in TNP and NS is that what goes up usually must come down. If the NPA's numbers go up, you shouldn't be surprised if they go down the next term, and the same goes for the endorsements at home. I've spent almost all of my time in TNP in the NPA, I've rarely had much time to get to know the ebb and flow of the endorsements so I can't confidently promise that I'll get the Security Council's endorsements up to any given number. I'm aware 900 has been cited a lot.

However, I will endeavor to increase Security Council endorsement numbers (including my own) to the best of my ability and at the advice of other people with more experience in these areas. Which nicely leads to my last point.
KLSrs0q.png

I'll be the first to admit that I'm making a leap into uncharted territory for myself here. I think it needs to be done, I think I have more than enough experience to succeed- if I didn't I wouldn't be running- but I'm not some former delegate or vice delegate coming back for another round in my area of expertise.

Therefore, and I can't stress this enough, I'm open to any and all suggestions on how to do my job and potential projects to embark on. I don't care if you've joined the region five days ago or five years ago, I don't care if you've never served in government or if you've graced most of the positions, if you think there's something I'm not doing properly or something I ought to be doing, or ought not to be doing, I want to hear it. As a matter of fact, I'm counting on it. That extends to this campaign- I want to hear what you have to say.

In summary, I'm standing for this position because I believe I can reliably deliver everything required of the Vice Delegate - timely citizenship checks, increasing endorsement counts and a spirit to incorporate additional ideas and projects to help keep TNP secure, vibrant and engaging. As such, I hope I can receive your vote in the upcoming election. Feel free to ask me anything in the meantime!

Signed,
Nzafw1s.png

I've also made this badge thingy, if any of yall want to put it into your signatures.
RzPpDf4.png

FWvGgm5.png

nAaDvK0.png

Last edited:
Should foreign voices, such as from Gameplay, be considered when evaluating the security risk of a nation applying for citizenship?

What constitutes a risk to democracy in the North Pacific and how will that apply to your evaluation of citizenship applicants?

Is there anything you think could be improved from the current term?
Not especially, from what I've seen of it. Sil has done a stellar job, they've fulfilled every mandated duty effectively and I've been especially impressed by the handling of the activities in relation to NS cards. I'll have to put in some effort to ensure I'm up to date on all of the projects the VD is currently involved in, gonna have to get used to a lot of stuff pretty quickly ^^
Should foreign voices, such as from Gameplay, be considered when evaluating the security risk of a nation applying for citizenship?

What constitutes a risk to democracy in the North Pacific and how will that apply to your evaluation of citizenship applicants?
That's a big one. Well, starting with the first question, I do believe they should to some extent. If regions of significance to TNP (allies, embassies, etc) are among those foreign voices then I do not believe we should shrug them off. Potential FA ramifications ought to be considered in these things, not necessarily just the potential security risk posed (though that should be the primary factor obvs)

Aaand the second one. I've done a lot of thinking about that since the two controversial citizenship apps we've gotten recently, and I now think that it should strictly be one that poses a tangible direct threat to the security of the region (e.g. threat to the delegacy, high risk of crimes such as espionage, etc) or poses a very real threat to the continuity of the community, or both. I don't know how this weighs up with other rationales previous VDs have used for this issue so it is prone to change as I get more experience in the role but that's what I think right now.

Last edited:
Do you think you are Delegate material?
Easy answer: I don't know yet. I don't know the full responsibilities of delegate, I don't know the exact workload I'd have as a hypothetical delegate, all things which I hope to get a little more knowledgeable on as vice delegate. I can say right now with absolute certainty that I'm not intending to use VD as a stepping stone to the delegacy, or any other position; IDK what I'll do after this.

EDIT: note that this doesn't mean I don't know what the delegate does. I have a good idea, having worked with a good few in gov, I just think I'd need to see the role in more personal focus to know for certain if I'd be capable of it rn :D

Last edited:
Easy answer: I don't know yet. I don't know the full responsibilities of delegate, I don't know the exact workload I'd have as a hypothetical delegate, all things which I hope to get a little more knowledgeable on as vice delegate. I can say right now with absolute certainty that I'm not intending to use VD as a stepping stone to the delegacy, or any other position; IDK what I'll do after this.
This is concerning, especially since the Vice Delegate is expected to step up in the absence of the Delegate. How can you assure us that you will be able to fulfill this role if the need ever arises?

That last part about you being open to advice is very reassuring. I would say that in itself would make you an excellent candidate as we are always learning no matter what position we may serve in.

This is concerning, especially since the Vice Delegate is expected to step up in the absence of the Delegate. How can you assure us that you will be able to fulfill this role if the need ever arises?
Ah right, I thought your question was whether I'd be willing to run for delegate. In that case I'm confident I could fulfill the role, I'm confident I could keep the region running smoothly as a delegate and do my job. I'd be able to do it in the case of such a scenario, I have more than enough experience working with previous delegates in government, but I probably wouldn't directly run for delegate at this point. Big difference between picking up the slack from a resigned or otherwise removed delegate as vice delegate and constructing an entire campaign for your delegacy, I'm confident I could perform the former.

I like what I'm seeing so far!

What do you think of the current performance of the Security Council? What areas (if any) do you think should be improved or emphasized upon?

I can tell you've put a lot of thought into making this run, and that you have the passion to go for it all and win. Best of luck to you!

I have a few questions:

1. From a citizen's perspective, did you find the weekly SC endorsement statistics to be useful? Would there be anything you'd change about it, like tracking additional things or not tracking others? Would you continue with publishing a weekly check to the public?

2. What do you consider to be a good measure of a Security Councillor's activity? Is the Endorsements Given statistic enough? What other things matter to you?

3. What is your general impression of the Card Lottery program?

4. Which do you think is a better method of promoting an SCer and getting more endorsements for them? Mostly Telegrams, Mostly Dispatches, or a 50/50 mix?

5. Be perfectly honest with this one: Knowing only what I disclosed in the debate thread, do you think I made the right decision in failing Cormac's security check? If you think I wasn't correct, then where did I go wrong, or how would you have handled it?

6. Can you explain what you mean by "very real threat to the continuity of the community"? Is the reaction of the NSGP community important in deciding whether the Regional Assembly should be given a chance to stop someone's citizenship application?

When I first learned that Malphe was going to be running for Vice Delegate, I was very excited to see him put his ring in the hat. The Vice Delegate, in my opinion, needs to be someone with a security focus in mind. They can definitely be there for the Delegate, but at the end of the day, their responsibility is the security and safety of our region. This is a very similar idea to that held by the North Pacific Army, an entity that Malphe has served and led. I can see him using his security and update knowledge in the event that something happens this term.

I wouldn’t say he’s got everything figured out, but he’s got a good foundation, and that’s something I want to see in a candidate. Like I said, he reached out to me prior to even running to get my thoughts, my advice, and anything else I wanted to blabber on about. I feel confident in the fact that he was Vice Delegate, he’d also come to me asking for advice, or guidance, or what have you.

So as someone who’s been through the office twice before, I officially endorse Malphe for Vice Delegate. Let’s go Team Rodent! :P

Although I like the majority of your campaign, one area of it troubles me somewhat.

I do not believe that outside voices, those from nsgp, should have a role in our citizenship applications process. I believe that, should outside scouting be necessary, it should be done through the usual channels, a study of what the applicant has done during his or her ns career that may have a bearing on whether they pose a serious threat to the continued stability and prosperity of the region. Accepting submissions from outside of the region risks creating an atmosphere in which outside voices can effectively block individuals who they have had bad experiences with from citizenship here, simply by making a very persuasive case: I do not feel that this should be the route our region goes down, nor do I feel it would benefit anybody within it.
I will likely support you in this election, however I would ask that this concerning area of your policy proposal be changed.

If you received a credible threat stating that TNP would be couped unless a particular individual were denied citizenship, and supposing that you had no reason to consider that individual a security risk, what would be the first five things you would do in response?

oml so many questions. Alright, deep breath
Although I like the majority of your campaign, one area of it troubles me somewhat.

I do not believe that outside voices, those from nsgp, should have a role in our citizenship applications process. I believe that, should outside scouting be necessary, it should be done through the usual channels, a study of what the applicant has done during his or her ns career that may have a bearing on whether they pose a serious threat to the continued stability and prosperity of the region. Accepting submissions from outside of the region risks creating an atmosphere in which outside voices can effectively block individuals who they have had bad experiences with from citizenship here, simply by making a very persuasive case: I do not feel that this should be the route our region goes down, nor do I feel it would benefit anybody within it.
I will likely support you in this election, however I would ask that this concerning area of your policy proposal be changed.
I do absolutely understand your perspective here, and I do agree that there's a very real risk of the security check effectively becoming an NS wide popularity contest if we go this route. However, I never said we should listen to NSGP in particular. It's not really a secret faux outrage is GP's bread and butter, personally I'd just ignore what isolated voices in gameplay have to say about security checks, but the issue is that gameplayers aren't very often isolated to gameplay. They're members, government members and even delegates of regions that we hold relations with and have clout on the world stage, and my concern has always been about them and the potential FA damage completely discarding their opinions about this stuff might cause. I think they're worth considering, those are the people I think we should at least listen to.

But the SC and the actual citizens of TNP's word come first by a long shot.
I can tell you've put a lot of thought into making this run, and that you have the passion to go for it all and win. Best of luck to you!

I have a few questions:

1. From a citizen's perspective, did you find the weekly SC endorsement statistics to be useful? Would there be anything you'd change about it, like tracking additional things or not tracking others? Would you continue with publishing a weekly check to the public?

2. What do you consider to be a good measure of a Security Councillor's activity? Is the Endorsements Given statistic enough? What other things matter to you?

3. What is your general impression of the Card Lottery program?

4. Which do you think is a better method of promoting an SCer and getting more endorsements for them? Mostly Telegrams, Mostly Dispatches, or a 50/50 mix?

5. Be perfectly honest with this one: Knowing only what I disclosed in the debate thread, do you think I made the right decision in failing Cormac's security check? If you think I wasn't correct, then where did I go wrong, or how would you have handled it?

6. Can you explain what you mean by "very real threat to the continuity of the community"? Is the reaction of the NSGP community important in deciding whether the Regional Assembly should be given a chance to stop someone's citizenship application?
Will go through these one by one.

1. Looking through it, it seems fully comprehensive and personally I do think it's useful, at least to some people. I defo wouldn't remove any, more ground covered the better for the kind of people who might find it useful. I think I would continue it, but I'd have to ask more about it and how much effort they take to publish to come to a decision. You better wish you're elected and not me, cuz I'd totally bombard you with questions for weeks on end, @Gladio knows the pain :>

2. The question of how active a SCer should be, or how inactive they can afford to be if you're more pessimistic, has been on my mind. You know, after the whole recall Roman business earlier. In my opinion there shouldn't really be one single measure of an SCers activity; general gameside/offsite activity, endorsements given, frequency of endotarting, engagement in SC and TNP projects and regularity of logging in should all be considered, the role of a security councillor is definitely too nuanced to be defined by one single metric. But I'd consider their day to day activity the most imperative, not much use in a crisis of regional security if it's difficult to reach them fast.

3. I'm not really very active with cards but personally I love it, and if I were elected I'd defo support keeping it going! Such an interesting idea, adds that much extra depth to the region imo

4. We do have to be careful not to spam people's inbox with SC telegrams, but telegrams always did stick out to me more as the more effective method. I'd go for a 50/50 mix, enough telegrams for it to be functional but not so much that people get too sick of them. Unless people got very sick of that too, in which case I'd roll them back a bit more

5. That's a big one. I've already touched upon that in the answer to GVH's question, but after thinking about it a bit, I do think you made the right call in denying the security check. The denying of Corm's citizenship was legitimate; he says a lot of things and does a lot of things, ICly you could probably make a good enough case to deny him entry to just about every GCR under the sun for his shenanigans.

6. Answered the latter bit of this question in GVH's response, but to the continuity of the community question, will this player rupture the community in a severe way? As in, are they a threat to not just the laws/delegacy but also the wellbeing of the community? This is kinda loose, and I don't mean to say that I'd support denying people just because we think they'd be a hassle to deal with (that's way beyond the scope of the check imo), but I'm not sure probability to attempt a coup/commit a crime (latter was on display with the whole andrew thing a while ago) should be the sole factors. I do think lots of people brought this same idea up with Cormac's application too.

note: this probably wouldn't ever actually be used. If somebody could be considered such a threat, they could almost certainly also be considered a threat to the delegacy and/or laws.
I like what I'm seeing so far!

What do you think of the current performance of the Security Council? What areas (if any) do you think should be improved or emphasized upon?
At the moment I can't really think of any. We have regularish telegrams in relation to the SC, an active membership with plenty of newer and and aspiring members and a roster that I'm confident could defend the region in any crisis.

I need to hit the sack pretty soon and all of this text is hurting my brain. Will respond to @King SillyString's question once I get the chance!

Do you see an importance with coordinating with the Speaker in regards to your legislative ideas as Vice Delegate and prior to failing an application for citizenship?

How would you go about this?

If for you were to become delegate in the future, who would your dream cabinet picks be?
Not even not running for delegate saves you from the inevitable question.

MoD: Gladio or Zazumo or Bobberino or Lozinak or Darcania
MoCU: McM or Artemis or SillyString
MoCO: Fiji or Brendog/Rocketdog or Kasch
MoHA: BMW or Siwale or Mall
MoWAA: Sil or Ghost or Tlomz or Toast
MoFA: Ghost or Plemby or McM or Gladio
If you received a credible threat stating that TNP would be couped unless a particular individual were denied citizenship, and supposing that you had no reason to consider that individual a security risk, what would be the first five things you would do in response?
Had to put some genuine thought to this one. I wouldn't deny citizenship to the particular individual, for starters. I don't think bending the rules and denying citizenship for a reason totally unrelated to the reasoning for any of the checks is really ethical n stuff. Hm.
1. I'd look through the endorsement stats in the region. Is anybody endotarting past or close to the limit? Most likely no threat from this area, with the amount of infrastructure we have to prevent people just endotart-couping, but it's worth ensuring that venue is clear.
2. I'd check with the SC over the matter. They'll collectively know more stuff about the potential ways in which the coup could occur, and how to prevent them, and their advice would be invaluable.
3. Also, I'd warn the delegate of the threat. Not totally impossible they'd be in on it too, if so they're just hearing what they already know, and if they're not then they can offer their advice and exchange thoughts with the rest of the SC too. I don't think I'd tell anybody else beyond these people at the time.
4. Make sure I have contacts for all the military org leaders + I'm in all the servers of the ones I may want to contact in case of an actual coup.
5. Brace for impact. If I'm being threatened over a coup like that then it's almost certainly hot air, or they're confident enough that they're willing to make it public. We should sooner assume it'll be the latter, and not be taken too aback if the delegacy is actually taken by whatever means. Avoiding a coup is all well and good but we're well equipped to combat one too, and the longer the coup is going on the more the region is disrupted so time in reclaiming the delegacy is off the essence.
Do you see an importance with coordinating with the Speaker in regards to your legislative ideas as Vice Delegate and prior to failing an application for citizenship?

How would you go about this?
Don't mean to answer a question with a question, but wdym by legislative ideas? Anything in particular or just a hypothetical legislative idea?

Last edited:
Don't mean to answer a question with a question, but wdym by legislative ideas? Anything in particular or just a hypothetical legislative idea?

Hypothetical legislative ideas, such as ones that might effect the citizenship process.

From what I've seen, this looks like a very well thought-out run by a loyal, friendly, and competent citizen. You have my support :)

Hypothetical legislative ideas, such as ones that might effect the citizenship process.
Ah, makes sense. I'd definitely check up with them about that stuff to make sure it goes smoothly, especially with any denial of citizenship apps. I've never really hidden that the legislative stuff does kinda intimidate me so I wouldn't try to solo it, and even if I were super well versed in that I wouldn't just lump the baggage onto the speaker without a word.
If I were to propose any legislative stuff myself I'd work very closely with the speaker to make sure it's done properly and it'll run properly, and before any denial of any cit apps I'd check up with them about what exactly is going to happen if I deny and how to go about it properly. woo

btw thanks for the support @abc + @bootsie! Plus anyone else. I have no idea if I'll win this election but it's nice that I'm getting support, defo good experience for the future even if I lose rn ^^

Why are you running for this position? The more detailed, the better.

Edit: thought of another question
The Delegate is the head honcho when it comes to decisions regarding our region. Do you plan in being intimately involved with all his decisions?

Last edited:
Why are you running for this position? The more detailed, the better.
For ages I've had the mentality that I'm available to take up a gov office if I'm needed, but if I don't absolutely have to then I'll leave it to someone else. That mentality worked well enough at first, and ofc meant I never bothered with elections because almost always there will be somebody competent running for a position so why volunteer myself to do a job already bound to be done? Definitely applies in this election.

I decided I needed to start more actively seeking out jobs, mainly for my own enjoyment of the game and to get more experience in TNP and NS in general. That meant elections. I had thought about running for justice in the last election but decided I wasn't ready, I didn't think I was prepared to run a campaign for delegate, I had to learn how about the legal system if I were to run for AG or speaker and in general I don't think I'd be the best speaker. So VD was the obvious choice. I'm only running for this because I am confident I could do it, and I want to broaden my NS career. Also, you know, fun, if that's at all a factor. Cuz at the end of the day the whole "I'll do it if I'm *needed*" thing just doesn't work out ultimately if you want to at all really get anywhere in NS politics stuff.

I think I could be a good VD that could fulfill all my promises and improve TNP that little bit, I want the experience I could get from being VD + running for VD and I'm actually enjoying this election way more than I expected to. That's pretty much it.
Edit: thought of another question
The Delegate is the head honcho when it comes to decisions regarding our region. Do you plan in being intimately involved with all his decisions?
I would prefer to mostly stick to my own VD responsibilities but I'm not picky, that's the delegate's discretion. If they want me more involved in their cabinet business then sure, if not then that's good too.

Last edited:
How open do you plan on being to cheese bribes?
Not saying anything but if the choice is between Stilton for flagrant espionage and no Stilton?

Well I really like Stilton.

Last edited:
Malphe, Vice Delegate is a crucial role in this region. I don't like to think that you're running because you want to challenge yourself and jump into a very senior elected office for the variety in your game experience. From your answer on your motivation for running, you make it sound like you settled on Vice Delegate by process of elimination. You are campaigning to hold the chief security office in this region, the chair of the Security Council. It is also the next in line to the Delegacy in the event the Delegate leaves the office for whatever reason. One of those reasons may be because you have to see to their ouster due to a security threat.

Can you picture that situation? Do you have what it takes to confront a rogue delegate, even if it's a friend, someone you respect, get along with?
Could you do the same with a potential citizen applicant who is likely to be a security threat, but is perhaps popular or someone you personally are fine with?

Continuing the thought about the Vice Delegate being next in line, you indicated you did not feel prepared to pursue the Delegacy. You asserted that there's a difference between being elected to the job and taking over when a Delegate is removed. This is true, but when you assume the office, you assume the responsibility, and everything that comes with it, until another delegate is elected. For the time the office is yours, you have to be up to the challenge. Sure, most vice delegates never have to cross that bridge, but they have to have the right stuff in case they do.

If the challenge was thrust upon you, would you be up for it?
Do you have enough self-confidence and faith in yourself that you are prepared for that responsibility should the need arise?
And if so, why not run to hold on to the position in the subsequent special election?

The Vice Delegate has to be concerned with the security of this region first and foremost. As you know from your work with the NPA, many times you work with a team but in the end speak with one voice to implement the Delegate’s military policy. Regardless of your opinions, in the end your voice is not your own, but that of the elected government.

If you are elected to chair the Security Council, you must work to implement the Security Council’s collective vision. You cannot speak off the cuff or too carelessly, particularly at this level, when you are our key security official. You cannot speak publicly on the privately expressed opinions of Security Councillors without their express permission to do so. I must confess this is a real concern for me given your previous public remarks about NPA High Command disagreeing with the Delegate’s public stance on a military conflict. That cannot happen again.

How would you manage a scenario where there is increased public attention upon a matter before the Security Council and there are lots of individuals asking you what is going on, what the SC is thinking, who is on their side and who is not?
What strategies would you put in place to ensure that you will be more careful with the dissemination of private discussions than you have been in the past?

You're a fun guy, a great guy. People here and people in other regions love you. But you can't keep everyone happy all the time. This game gets nasty sometimes, and sometimes TNP itself gets scrutinized. That's not always fun, and I know that it takes a toll. In your case that toll can sometimes be a very heavy one. TNP's security is not determined by an international committee, by a popularity contest, or even by public consultation. Last term Sil had to handle a lot of that. It's something every Vice Delegate must be prepared for. You have to be certain that you can do it.

Are you prepared to make people unhappy, and endure withering criticism or complaints?
How would you manage a situation where a popular but risky individual has applied for citizenship and you know that you will come under considerable criticism if you do deny their application?

I know I put a lot out there but I also would like to throw out this quick series of additional miscellaneous questions.

Aside from standing SC recommendations, what criteria would you consider for potentially rejecting citizen applications?
Do you feel the 3 day period for the VD check is sufficient, or do you support the discussed effort to extend the length, or make the VD check conditional on the other checks?
Do you have a higher standard for activity in the SC than what is currently being enforced? Can we expect support for legislative changes or further recalls of SC members who fall below certain metrics?

Of course I want to see new fresh talent in this office. We have to, as with any office. This is a significant position to jump into if you have not considered all of the possible risks and how you will strategise to handle them. There is a a good culture and support structure in place. I hope you will be relying on it. That is fine, so long as you’re prepared to take on the role and face its challenges. Are you?

@Pallaith Sorry it took me so long to respond! Kinda intimidating amount of text + I was and still am a bit ill. I'll do my best to go over it. Since there's so many questions here I'll probably miss a few if I don't think there's much to say/don't think they were phrased like a question, if you want them answered then just tell me

First of all, I actually really appreciate this. To be totally honest when I first started reading it I thought it would just be paragraphs of you saying I shouldn't have the role cuz I wasn't prepared, etc etc, and I'm glad it wasn't that. Way more constructive than that. I'll go over the main body of the text first, then go through the few questions at the bottom ^^

I'm fully aware of the implications of the office I'm running for and I know that it's not all sunshine and rainbows for the VD. It would be hard for me to not know that, after all of the drama surrounding it recently with the applications of Corm and Raven (who withdrew his app but it still fanned a *lot* of flames outside the region) it would be hard not to. Yeah, I don't tend to like being confrontational and stepping on peoples toes, but going in I knew fully well that I'd have to stand up for the region at times and there's no way I'd come out of it without some people annoyed at me/downright pissed. That's just part of the job and I've never been under any illusion that I could just be friendly to everyone if my job is security. It would be especially tough if I ended up pitched up against a friend in a matter of regional security but I'm still convinced I could handle it; all IC, so if somebody lets it strain their OOC relationship with me then that's on them imho.

I did consider running for delegate before, and yeah the main thing that put me off was the campaign. Having to stick to the promises in the campaign and deliver them whilst being the very top of the region's government who everybody below looks up to is something that I don't feel as confident in doing as I do running for VD. Even if I did pull it off I reckoned it would still be too stressful and hectic for me to justify it, but if it so happened that as VD I needed to take the delegacy I'd be willing to go through the stress. Mainly because no campaign to worry about and it's more crucial of a service than running for delegate.

About the whole espionage issue, I have been more mindful since that to make sure I mind what I say since then.

"How would you manage a scenario where there is increased public attention upon a matter before the Security Council and there are lots of individuals asking you what is going on, what the SC is thinking, who is on their side and who is not?" That's honestly I think the biggest challenge I'd have as VD. I know in the case of a controversial application, and other stuff like that which may get a lot of attention from GP/other regions I'd probably get more stuff in my DMs than Sil because more people outside TNP know me. I'd absolutely defer mostly to the SC in that situation, I'd have to say no to a lot of people requesting more info or requesting any given action.

"Do you feel the 3 day period for the VD check is sufficient, or do you support the discussed effort to extend the length, or make the VD check conditional on the other checks?" Presently I think 3 days is sufficient for an appropriately active vice delegate.

"Do you have a higher standard for activity in the SC than what is currently being enforced?" There's absolutely a debate to be had (and that has been had) about what is active enough for the SC. I currently think the current accepted activity requirement is sufficient. "Can we expect support for legislative changes or further recalls of SC members who fall below certain metrics?" If an SCer were to be so inactive as to be effectively absent I would consider recalling, but only very carefully.

Back