Inauguration of Andrea Lacasa as President of the Republic of Cojedes {Open}

Alexey

TNPer
Flashback to 3/5/2019:

“Luca Cambeiro had just gotten off the bus that lead to Indepenence Square in the Puerto Madero District of Rosario and thousands were already gathering. He overheard a security guard say that 25,000 people had already gathered in the Plaza de la Independecia and more were expected. Luca had been the first person at Polling Precinct #22 in the Saavedra District before heading to work in the La Boca Barrio. After the work day was over, Luca and two of his friends decided they would go to Independence Square and hear the electoral commission address the nation. Luca noticed quickly that people from both sides of the political spectrum were there and were supporting both of their candidates all the way.”

*Members of the Electoral Commission come onto the stage. Commissioner Alejandra Artiza leads the way with Victor Carballar, Isidoro Sanz, Armando Gayoso, Eliana Fernandino, and Constanza Prats following behind.

Commissioner Alejandra Artiza: “Buenos Noches! Ladies and Gentelmen, thank you so much for gathering here tonight for the announcement of the results of the Presidential Election. I am proud to say that I live in a country where democracy is at the top of our values and that we are able to go out as citizens and vote as we do. Today, we undertook what could possibly be the most important election in over 20 years. Here are the results of the Presidential Election:

In total, 28,730,216 people voted in this election, the largest number we have ever seen in Cojedan history. The results are as follows:

Salvador Arrabal of the Liberal Coalition has received 12,066,691 votes, the equivalent of 42% of the electorate
Andrea Lacasa of the National Conservative Union has received 16,663,525 votes, the equivalent of 58% of the electorate.

Therefore, per the Constitution of the Republic of Cojedes and by order and certification of the Electoral Commission, Andrea Lacasa of San Luis Province is hereby elected as President of the Republic of Cojedes!”

*The crowd goes wild and begins to celebrate the results of the election. Some of the gathered of the Liberal Coalition even began to cheer. For Luca and his friends, it is a day of pure joy and happiness as the three of them have been supporting the National Conservative Union for years. A reporter for Rosario Today comes up to Luca and asks to interview him.*

Cristina Pareja, reporter for Rosario Today: “We have just found out that Senator Andrea Lacasa of San Luis Province has been elected as President of Cojedes, becoming the third woman to be elected as President. Joining me right now is Luca Cambeiro who has been here for over three hours waiting to hear the election results. Luca, how do you feel about the election results? Are you pleased or are you upset by this result?”

Luca: “First thank you so much for asking me to be interviewed by you all at a great time in our history. I have to say I am pleased with the result of the election. From the minute that Senator Andrea Lacasa threw her name in the ring for the election, I thought she would make a great President. I fully believe that she will do a great job for our country.”

Cristina Pareja: “And Luca, you told us that you live in the Saavedra District, the northernmost of all of Rosario and one that is mostly populated by the lower and middle class. What do you hope that the election of Andrea Lacasa can do for people in your district? And what do you wish to see her do in Rosario in general?”

Luca: “I am hoping that she will be able to reach agreements with companies here and abroad to create more jobs in the Saavedra District. Several people in our District have to go to the other districts here just to be able to work. I for instance have to go all the way to the La Boca Barrio, which can sometimes take over an hour to get to. So I am hoping that she can firstly create jobs in our district and in other districts to make it easier for people, but also that she can work with our Mayor and create newer and more efficient modes of transportation in our city.”

Cristina Pareja: “Thank you Luca so much for giving your opinion to us. I hope you enjoy the rest of your night here...Well ladies and gents, a new day has dawned in Cojedes and Andrea Lacasa is slated to become the 3rd Female President of the Republic of Cojedes. We at Rosario Today wish her all the best and we will bring you live coverage of the Inauguration ceremony on Saturday.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
March 9th, 2019 9 AM

Location: Plaza de la Independencia (Independence Square), Rosario

People have been gathering for nearly two hours now for a seat to watch the Inauguration of the President which is taking place on the steps of the Rose Palace. People have come from all across the country for the inauguration of the 3rd female President of the Republic of Cojedes. Security forces are already on scene and President-Elect Lacasa and her family are already in the Rose Palace meeting with local, provincial, and federal officials. People began arriving at 5 AM, including Mateo Palacio and Alexander Magrina, who are brother-in-laws and have traveled all the way from Heravion Province to be here. We spoke to them and they had this to say:

Mateo: I am so glad that we made the journey from Heravion to be here. We left Wednesday night and arrived here on Thursday at noon and got to see some of the sights before we get to see the inauguration take place.

Alexander: No matter who won the election we were going to come out to see the inauguration. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity and I am pleased that I get to be here today to see Andrea Lacasa sworn in as the President of Cojedes!”

------------------------------------------------------------
March 9th, 2019 12:00 PM

Location: Rose Palaca, Plaza de la Independencia (Independence Square), Rosario.

Officials have traveled from far and wide to be here today. Cojedan officials and foreign officials, along with citizens of Cojedes have gathered for the inauguration and speech of President-Elect Andrea Lacasa. Chief Justice of the Supreme Court Valeria Garcia and Chief Justice of the Constitutional Court Nikolai Rodriguez have both joined together to prepare to give the oath of office to President-Elect Andrea Lacasa. All of the sudden, people start cheering as the Speaker of the House, Chairman of the Senate, members of the House and Senate, and President Irene Molina walk out onto the balconies of the Rose Palace. After all take their place, Speaker of the House of Representatives Catalina Jose Maria Estavez steps up to the podium and states proudly, “Ladies and Gentelmen. Honored guests, members of the National Assembly, provincial Governors, citizens of Cojedes. It is my honor to present to you a dear friend and colleague of mine, President-elect Andrea Lacasa!”

The crowd goes wild as the President-elect and her family walk out onto the steps of the Rose Palace. The family waves out to the people as the Vice President’s Aitana Morterero and Antonia Navarro walk out behind them with their families to join the inauguration. Both Chief Justices step up. Chief Justice Nikolai Rodriguez is holding the Presidential Bible while Chief Justice Valeria Garcia steps up and tells President-Elect Andrea Lacasa to raise her right hand and place her left on the Bible. The Chief Justice then gives the oath of office and tells the President-Elect to repeat after her.

“Juro solemnemente que ejecutaré fielmente a la Oficina del Presidente de la República de Cojedes, y haré lo mejor de mi capacidad para preservar, proteger y defender la Constitución de la República de Cojedes. ¡Así que ayúdeme Dios!"

“I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of the President of the Republic of Cojedes, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Republic of Cojedes. So help me God!”

People across Independence Square begin cheering while the two Chief Justices congratulate the President on her new position. Former President Irene Molina then comes forth and hands the new President the Scepter of Justice and the keys to the Casa Rosada.

President Andrea Lacasa steps up to the podium to give her first speech as President before the nation:

“Ladies and Gentlemen, friends, family, honored guests, members of the House and Senate, citizens of Cojedes, it is my honor to stand here before you today as President of Cojedes! We have fought the good fight over the past three months and we have won a great victory. Many said it was impossible and yet, here we are today. I am grateful to all the people who believed in me and I am thankful to my family and friends who supported me every step of the way. While today marks a huge day in our history, there is still more to come. Over the course of the next few weeks, months, and years, we will be working towards the goal of making healthcare more affordable, granting more economic stability for our citizens, helping our farmers, and ensuring that people feel safe and secure in Cojedes. This week, the Cojedan House and Senate took a great step in pasing a bill that will open Phase 3 of the Cojedes 2050 Strategy. This bill will not only help make our transportation greater and safer, but will also help cut travel times, better connecting our country. Next week, I will be going before a joint session fo my opening address to the National Assembly. During this speech, I will be requesting for the two houses to take action to help our farmers and also ask them for funding for vertical farming projects and to increase tax aide to our nations farmers. In this speech, I will across ask the members to pass resolutions allowing the Department of Health and the Department of Human Services to tackle issues including the rising cost of healthcare and the need for better patient representation. We have been through so much over the years and yet we have always come out on top. It was 530 years ago that Cojedes declared the foundation of the Presidency. I am proud to now be counted among the numbers of great men and women who have been leaders of Cojedes. From a Kingdom to a representative government, Cojedes has had its fair share of leaders. I think back to the final years of the Cojedan Council of State when they elected Sebastian Belmonte to become our first President. He stated in his speech thanking the Council for their trust, “Cojedes is in a state of war. We are fighting a war against both of our neighbors. Instead of fighting among ourselves, we should fight together as brothers to achieve the common goal of total indepenence for our country.” This goal of working together as one still remains in our hearts and minds today. It is what makes our people true Cojedans. In the past few decades, we have seen the rise of women who are taking roles all across the country. Today, I have become the third female President, following in the footsteps of Gloria Rodriguez and Evita Arias and I am proud to be able to follow their lead. I am also proud to count the Speaker of the House and the Chief Justice of the Supreme Court as two of my greatest friends, both of whom I have worked with all these years. I look forward to working with them both in the coming times. Together, we can make a difference for the future. Whether you are a Liberal or a Conservative, we can come together and work for the common goal of helping make our country great. As our anthem says, “Let us live crowned in glory or let us swear to die with glory!” Let this be a motto for all peoples in our nation. I thank you all for allowing me to speak here before you today. Thank you Cojedes for putting your faith in me to become leader of our country. Let us continue to fight the good fight and may we never lose the passion that makes us who we are! Thank you, God Bless you, and God Bless the Republic of Cojedes!”

As the President and her family wave out to the crowd, people across the square clap and cheer as the new President has finished her speech. President Lacasa has promised major changes to the way things run in the country and has pledged to work with members in the House and Senate to make this reality. A new day has dawned for the nation and its people.

Last edited:
To the Government of Cojedes,

While the relations between our countries have been rocky in the past, we are looking at the present and the future to maintain friendly relations as one of your close allies. On behalf of the Ninhundish Government, I congratulate President Andrea Lacasa and her Government and wish the best for the Repulic of Cojedes.

Brent Fauchern
Leader of the Social Democratic Party, Prime Minister of the Federal Republic of Ninhundland

Norberg was in attendance at the ceremonies, and he saw this change in leadership as an opportunity to increase the already extensive bilateral relationship between Cojedes and Goyanes. Sat in the second row, among governors and other political figures of Cojedes, they had certainly given him quite the impression. The ceremony was quite nice, he thought. Goyanes didn't have an equivalent. You just get summoned into the palace, and you come out as the Prime Minister. The yearly opening of the parliamentary session though is another story for another day.

When the ceremony was over, he was eagerly greeted by members of the press, both from home, and from around Gothis and Cojedes. He had a statement prepared in his head.

"Attending this ceremony was a great experience, and I'm honored to have been invited. I greatly look forward to expanding our economic and diplomatic ties in the near future with this new administration under Madam Lacasa. The future certainly looks good for our nations, and it's already evident. The Nyhett General index was up on election night, so let's see if that's a forecast for what's to come."

Back