-
Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
Hello everyone!

In an attempt to give as much competition to this election, I am running for Justice.

I have served on the Court before, under Chief Justice Zyvetskistaahn, and have a wide knowledge of the law.

I believe both of the reviews this term were written well and quoted all relevant laws and previous reviews. The thing I think the Court could improve on is communication. The Court should relay to the citizenry if there are delays and give a good timeline as to when the review will be out, since from an outsiders perspective, they can’t see that anything has been done.

Feel free to ask any questions.

What are your thoughts on Justices being appointed by the Delegate and confirmed by the Regional Assembly for a six month term?

What are your thoughts on the perennial concern that reviews take a significant amount of time to finish?
Do you believe the CRaP should be updated to consider a more realistic time frame?
Do you believe the period for submitting briefs should also be extended to give those more time to be drafted as well?
Do you believe the Court should endeavor to check in with the public review thread with updates on a regular basis?
What are your thoughts on the idea that the Court rarely sees new faces on the bench?

What are your thoughts on Justices being appointed by the Delegate and confirmed by the Regional Assembly for a six month term?

I think the Court being elected is a better method for getting our Justices into office. While I can see why you’d want them to be appointed, we’ve had Delegates come before the Court before, and we’d have to have a brand new Court made up by THOs should the Delegate (or really any executive council member) be taken before the Court. In regards to a longer term, I think if it isn’t broken, don’t fix it. A Justice could theoretically hold office forever provided they kept the Assembly pleased in the last term.

What are your thoughts on the perennial concern that reviews take a significant amount of time to finish?
Do you believe the CRaP should be updated to consider a more realistic time frame?
Do you believe the period for submitting briefs should also be extended to give those more time to be drafted as well?
Do you believe the Court should endeavor to check in with the public review thread with updates on a regular basis?
What are your thoughts on the idea that the Court rarely sees new faces on the bench?

1. From my experience, a number of factors come into play with reviews, such as researching past reviews, discussing relevant laws, and actually writing the Court decision. As Justice, I’d make sure that we cut that time to as little as possible while also writing a fluent decision.
2. I’d definitely be open to discussing that, considering most do tend to stretch longer.
3. I think things should be taken on a case by case basis. If the Court expects a lot of briefs, the brief submission period should be longer.
4. Yes. I’d like to see the Court give more than vague "we’re still working on this" and more "it’ll be about a week until we’re done, ran into a few issues". Having the Court being bumped multiple times for a response is unacceptable.
5. We hold elections three times a year. The saying "be the change you seek" is very much true. And if citizens know that incumbents will run, they need to run a platform that is capable of winning over the incumbents’ voter base.

Back