Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
B7lzsYs.png

Breaking News:
The North Pacific has decided to change its name, what citizens end up choosing will shock you!

Airstrip One, Oceania
The Twenty-Sixth of February, Two Thousand and Nineteen

After numerous attempts to fight unethical and corrupt leadership, the Regional Assembly has almost unanimously voted to rename the region to Oceania.

While the rest of the RA voted for this proposal, lone Nay voter @Syrixia had this to say: “What? I thought it was kinda funny! Guys? Get it! xD”

The leader of the new government, Big Brother @Pallaith, was quick to point out that there was no such thing as giraffes and wanted to know who this mysterious Syrixia was. Though we tried to follow up with Syrixia again, no records could be found of his existence.

The Ministries will also see a renaming, with the creation of the Ministries of Peace, Plenty, Love, and Truth. A new column will be added to The Northern Lights called Two Minutes of Hate, which will just be logs from the Agora Discord Channel.

wWxcL22.png

The Ministry of Peace’s latest show of peace.
Surprisingly ethics enthusiast, @Wonderess, has been appointed as leader of the Ministry of Truth, getting praise from many of his supporters that he was the best man for the job. Almost immediately, he put up a proposal to rename the Ministry again, this time to the Ministry of Veritas.

While it was a tough call to make, with the name being in existence almost as long as NationStates itself, the Assembly could not bear with the fact The North Pacific was a colonizer name with racist undertones that hurt the native population. Oceania beat out other contenders such as The New Ethical Order, Death Star III, Asta’s World, and The People’s Republic of North Pacifica.

aNFH7q0.png

The New Government Logo

Reacting to the name change, one of the Ministers, who asked to be kept anonymous said, “It was so corrupt and unethical under The North Pacific name. I was scared that the Bill of Rights was going to be violated at any moment. Now, under the new name, it’s so freeing. It’s as if a weight was lifted from my shoulders. It’s a new dawn for The North—I mean, Oceania.”

Others were not impressed, such as @Darcania, who said “the government should be ethical regardless! Changing the name should have nothing to do with how ethical it is!” Miniluv quickly took care of the dragon, inviting him into Room 101 for some tea and biscuits.

neTlxf3.png

Guslantis’ New Flag Is Definitely Watching Us.

Stay tuned for more, and remember, War Is Peace, Freedom Is Slavery, and Ignorance Is Strength.

Last edited:
YOU CAN'T SILENCE THE TRUTH

WAR IS MEMES
FREEDOM IS MEMES
IGNORANCE IS MEMES

Back