The Future of Lumigaj

TNP Nation
Demescia
Katja Seppä sits quietly in the bustling conversation pit of Kjirsson International Airport, the sun’s setting rays glistening through the tall picture windows. She checks her watch; they should be arriving soon to discuss the details of their offer.

Seppä had grown Lumigaj Teknologioj, once Lumiga Nordoriento, from the fledgling up since 2000. Her younger brother Dano, wanting to focus more on his nuclear family, gave the company to her. At the time, it operated mainly as a mobile network operator, managing cell sites across the north. It wasn’t until 2001 and under her leadership that it expanded into the internet service industry, being one of the first Demescia-based ISPs. She began investment in not only third generation cellular service but WiMax towers and DSL throughout Demescia. Now, thanks to eighteen years of Seppä holding the reins, they stand as the largest mobile carrier and the second largest internet service provider.

The future of the company, as Seppä sees it, will perhaps arrive in a plane from Guslantis.

The Guslant plane jetted through Demescian air, headed toward its final approach. The aircraft’s body was painted white, with "thomas" written in light blue on both sides of the plane.

Inside, Felicia Scott was on her Azulscape, video chatting with Ralph Sørenson, Ryo Koizumi, and Orso Abelli.

"I will assure you, Ms. Scott, after witnessing the disgraceful performance of Tundra electric race cars, Project Nexus will be up to our high standards of excellence," said Sørenson.

A flight attendant approached Scott and tapped her on the shoulder.

"We’re beginning our descent, for your safety, please put your tablet away," she said, before moving toward the front of the aircraft.

Tablet, she grumbled, this was no tablet. It was a computer. Regardless, she might want to respect the crew’s wishes.

"I will get back to you after my meeting. In the event you need guidance, Ryo is in charge," said Felicia, turning off the Azulscape and placing it in her bag.

"So, which company are we buying now?" asked Hachiro, who was sitting across the aisle.

"Lumigaj. Basically Demescia’s version of Virizion," she answered.

"Then why aren’t we just buying Virizion? Orso already does what we want him to do," commented David Mitchell, who was seated toward the front of the cabin.

Felicia really had to fight to convince her colleagues that she was making the right choice in almost every situation. She wasn’t Alicia Burns. Where as Burns could rally the team, they almost never followed Scott’s guidance without giving their own two cents.

"Virizion is very central to Guslantis. Lumigaj isn’t going to compete with Virizion, it’s going to be our chance to make an impact in nations beyond our borders. Trust me on this one," said Felicia.

The plane taxied,the trio walked into the airport, and approached Seppä.

Felicia extended her hand for Seppä to shake.

"Nice to meet you. Felicia Scott, Chief Executive Officer of the Thomas Corporation. This is my Operations Lead, David Mitchell and the Head of Research, Dr. Hachiro Yamasaki. I’m excited to discuss this opportunity, for both of our companies."

Back