Escade

TNPer
TNP Nation
Isabel Escade Montresor
Discord
Escade
z6XGxR9.png

Forum | Discord | Dispatch

Introducing a monthly NationStates gameplay magazine focused on social stories told through the lens of GP culture, celebrity, and style.

~​

Issue 1

January 10, 2019

In this first issue of the magazine, we sit down with two NationStates personalities working on UCR projects. Cormactopia Prime, is the current delegate of Pacifica and is up for a WA commendation. Then, The Grim Reaper is the founder of Greater Azhukali, a roleplay themed region. Both UCRs are looking for new players so check them out!

Next we looked at art and culture, first by examining the Synthwave avatar\pfp trend on NS Discords started by NationStates moderator and Roleplay mentor, Kyrusia. Then we looked at the redesign and rebranding of The East Pacific focusing on the lotus and its symbolism and history.

Contents

Arts and Culture: Let the Synthwave Take Over
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Cormac
Forum | Dispatch

Arts and Culture: A Lotus Blooms
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: The Grim Reaper
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees and to Kyrusia, Tim, August and Salvarity for help with aesthetics!

~

Issue 2
February 3, 2019

In this second issue of the magazine, we sit down with four NationStates personalities. First we interview the vivacious delegate of Lazarus and eminent artist Imkitopia. Then we met up with Jamie, one of the notable players who has made a return to NationStates after a hiatus. Next, we sat down with NS Moderator and Senior Roleplay mentor, and WA delegate of Greater Dienstad Lamoni. Finally we had an in-depth interview with the recently WA commended, former delegate and writer of an amazing book Xoriet.

For this month's art and culture study we examine tattoos in honor of Imkitopia and Rigels Light along with several other NSers who have tattoos or are in the process of getting them.

Then we introduced a new section Happenings which highlights GP community events and projects. Finally, we looked at what several NSers are reading - which is Webtoons!

Contents

Featured Personality: Imki
Forum | Dispatch

Arts and Culture: Inkredible Tattoos
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Jamie
Forum |Dispatch

Arts and Culture: What We're Reading
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Lamoni
Forum | Dispatch

Happenings: Highlights from the Gameplay World
Forum |Dispatch

Featured Personality: Xoriet
Forum |Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees for being patient with me (and helping with edits) and to Rigels Light!

Issue 3
March 9, 2019

In this third issue of the magazine, we sit down with three NationStates personalities. First we interviewed whistle blower and dog aficionado Arkadia Universalis. Next we met up with Kyrusia, Senior Game Moderator and Roleplay mentor, and one of the best writers I've seen on NS! Finally we had an interview with Miss Madeline, a vibrant and highly creative and capable player who it is always a pleasure to Voice Chat with!

For this month's Happenings which highlights GP community events and projects we looked at The West Pacific's transition to an Imperial Chinese based theme, the continued success of The Rejected Realms weekly PopMaster event, and a tantalizing preview into The North Pacific's Card Giveaway event that is soon to be launched.

For this month's art and culture study we looked at five games that NSers are playing now and recommend that you check out to!

Contents
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Ark
Forum | Dispatch

Happenings: Highlights from the Gameplay World
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Kyrusia
Forum | Dispatch

Arts and Culture: What We're Playing
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Maddiefayee
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees as well as to Bran, Halo Rahl, Ghost, and Altmoras!

~

Issue 4
April 12, 2019

In this fourth issue of the monthly magazine, we sit down with four NationStates personalities. First we interviewed owl fan and outgoing delegate of OsirisAltino. Next we met up with Fedele, one of the founders of Lone Wolves United and current delegate of the East Pacific. Then we interviewed Kortexia a XKIer with a penchant for tinkering with Discord bots. Finally we had the pleasure of interviewing Reploid Productions, an NS Senior Moderator and Game Administrator and all around cool person!

For this month's Happenings which highlights GP community events and projects we looked at an upcoming music festival being co-hosted by The West Pacific and the
Contents
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Altino
Forum |Dispatch

Happenings: April 2019 Highlights from the Gameplay World - Burning Marsupial Festival
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Fedele
Forum | Dispatch

Happenings: April 2019 Highlights from the Gameplay World - Factions: A GP Proposal
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Kortexia
Forum |Dispatch

Arts and Culture: Fantasy and Our Love of Game of Thrones
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Reploid Productions (Reppy)
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees Reppy, Kortexia, Altino, and Fedele! Special thanks to Xoriet, Tim Stark, Altmoras, Marrabuk, Svezjacael, Alantica, Todd McCloud for fantasy and GoT discussions as well as some editing help <3 '>The East Pacific from April 11-14th, and encourage NSers to check out theFactions proposal in technical promoted by Koth to revive gameplay.

For this month's bite sized art and culture studies we looked at the genre of fantasy in honor of a genre many NSers love to read and watch and because Game of Thrones is coming back for one last season!

Contents
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Altino
Forum |Dispatch

Happenings: April 2019 Highlights from the Gameplay World - Burning Marsupial Festival
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Fedele
Forum | Dispatch

Happenings: April 2019 Highlights from the Gameplay World - Factions: A GP Proposal
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Kortexia
Forum |Dispatch

Arts and Culture: Fantasy and Our Love of Game of Thrones
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Reploid Productions (Reppy)
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees Reppy, Kortexia, Altino, and Fedele! Special thanks to Xoriet, Tim Stark, Altmoras, Marrabuk, Svezjacael, Alantica, Todd McCloud for fantasy and GoT discussions as well as some editing help <3

~

Issue 5
May 18, 2019

In this fifth issue of the monthly magazine, we sit down with three NationStates personalities. First we interviewed TNP delegate and marvelous ghostly presence Pallaith. Next we met up with the effervescent and starry Rigels Light. Finally, we interviewed Community a TPer with a passion for community building and Kpop!

This month, in a brand new food inspired section, we're featuring a culinary delight by showcasing a delicious recipe from Kyrusia's wood burning stove!

Finally, a contest! In honor of Grumpy Cat passing away yesterday and in celebration of meme culture - submit your designs for NS inspired memes. Check out the post for more contest info and guidelines!

While this season of Game of Thrones may make you roll your eyes at the suckage, at least summer is here!

Contents
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Community
Forum |Dispatch

Culinary Delights - Kyru's Spaghetti with Red Sauce and Meatballs
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Ghost (Pallaith)
Forum | Dispatch

Creative Contest: Meme-ify NationStates
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Rigel
Forum |Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees Ghost, Rigel, and Community! Special thanks to Xoriet for awesome recs, the Montresor family for dealing with all my randomness, and Kyru for sharing his best recipes <3 and everyone else who made this issue possible even with finals upon us!

Issue 6
June 16, 2019

In this sixth issue of the monthly magazine, I just want to thank everyone who has worked with me on these issues and also the readers. When I first envisioned this project, I didn't expect to keep going. That we've reached six months feels good. Thanks Montresor family and everyone else who responds to my DMs and helps edit. You are beloved <3

In this edition, we sat down with three NationStates personalities. First we interviewed NationState's own Captain America, TWP delegate Halo. Next we met up with the hilarious and erudite McStooley. Finally, we interviewed Salaxalans, a Spiritusianite, with a passion for potatoes and good books!

Contents
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Halo
Forum | Dispatch

Arts & Culture - Developing Culture and Communities in NationStates
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: McStooley
Forum |Dispatch

Happenings: June 2019 Highlights from the Gameplay World - TEP\TP Roleplay Festival
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Salaxalans
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees Halo, McStooley and Salaxalans and to everyone else who proofread and helped spiffy this issue up!

I really like the interviews you conduct. Really helpful to get insight and background into various peoples' NS experiences and personalities. I'm really glad you asked Salaxalans about the origins of the Spiritus potato meme; I've been wondering about that for years. Great job - I'm already looking forward to the next Issue!

Issue 7

July 10, 2019

In this seventh issue of the monthly magazine, we sit down with four NationStates personalities. First we interviewed fastest defender of all time, Altmoras. Then, we met up with the creative and craftsy Bran Astor. Next, we sat down with the perceptive and delightfully snarky Erastide. Finally, we interviewed the erudite and eloquent Josh.

This month, we continue a series on developing communities and culture in NationStates (and beyond) by focusing on knowing and engaging with your players.

We also have a culinary delight recipe for strawberry lemonade, only the best form of lemonade hands down.

Finally, we look at recent happenings in gameplay (shocking I know, somethings did happen).

Contents
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Altmoras
Forum |Dispatch

Arts & Culture - Developing Culture and Communities in NationStates
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Bran Astor
Forum | Dispatch

Culinary Delights - Strawberry Lemonade
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Erastide
Forum |Dispatch

Happenings: July 2019 Highlights from the Gameplay World
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Josh
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to all my interviewees especially with editing help! <3

Out of curiosity, why do you always post the last issue when a new issue comes out?

Issue 8https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?p=36062481#p36062481
August 7, 2019

In this eighth issue of the monthly magazine, we sit down with four NationStates personalities. First we interviewed a long time player and Harry Potter enthusiast, Cain. Then, we met up with sweet and stylish current delegate of The North Pacific, El Fiji Grande. Next, we sat down with the graceful and loquacious Kshrlmnt. Finally, we interviewed former delegate of Osiris, the gentle and humorous Lynxi.

This month for arts and culture we looked at the rise of eGaming and leave readers to wonder what the future of gaming looks like. Imagine if NS was an eSport and had a World Cup tournament? :P

Then, we imagine NSers as Cookies from the delightful game Cookie Run: Ovenbreak and suggest a potential NS mini-game that, instead of involving nukes or zombies, was all about raising money (through baking of delightful items) for politics.

Finally, in this issue's opinion piece I covered a topic that I, and I'm sure others, have been thinking and talking about in NationStates for some time. My hope is that players will be proactive about actually protecting our players (all of them) and help end the cycle of politicization of OOC matters.

Contents
Forum | Dispatch (Index of Issues)

Featured Personality: Cain
Forum |Dispatch

Arts & Culture: The Rise of eSports and eGaming
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: El Fiji Grande
Forum | Dispatch

Opinion: How to Move from "Protecting Our Players Accord" to Actually Protecting Our Players
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Elindra aka Kshrlmnt
Forum |Dispatch

Style: NSers Cookie Run Edition
Forum | Dispatch

Featured Personality: Lynxi
Forum | Dispatch

Special thanks to Xoriet, Jar Wattinree and to all my interviewees especially with editing help! Special thanks to future interviewees who have been helping with this issue as well <3

Back