TNS - Jan 2019 General Elections (Draft suggestions)

El Fiji Grande

Over 38000 km and counting
-
-
-
Pronouns
he/him
TNP Nation
El_Fiji_Grande
Discord
El Fiji Grande (#3446)
January 2019 General Elections
by Marcus Antonius, Deputy Minister of the Ministry of Communications

The January 2019 elections were a spectacular event with a large turnout of candidates. Eluvatar and Owenstacey served as Election Commissioners.

Delegate Results
sc4-darth-vaderjpg.jpeg

The candidates for Delegate were St. George, Bluie Gamer, abc, Bobberino, BMWSurfer, Pallaith and Praetor.

St. George (Mad Jack) once served as Delegate previously in Osiris in 2012, but has been DOSed from NS for the last several years. Following his successful appeal with the NS mods, there was significant hype around the potential for his campaign for the delegacy. His platform was impressive and certainly gave Pallaith a run for his money in gaining 36.36% of the region's voters.

Bluie Gamer was going to run in the last election but was struck by the 'forum apocalypse'. He ran a joke campaign in which he advised the region not to vote for him, but still succeeded in securing a solitary vote.

abc has been a member of TNP for two years and has held the positions of Speaker and Minister of Home Affairs. He received some criticism from his term as Speaker when he 'vanished,' leaving Wonderess to essentially take over the office. This may reflect why voters only gave him the one vote.

Bobberino ran a joke campaign in which he declared himself 'Spammer in Chief!'. He still managed to attract four votes.

BMWSurfer, our hard working Minister of Home Affairs, Deputy Minister of World Assembly Affairs and relative 'newcomer' to TNP, managed to sway six votes despite having quoted on his campaign that “Some people will be on my cabinet, some animals.”

Praetor's campaign was well thought-out, and provided a deep level of suggestions for future delegates. It was intended to be a model campaign. Praetor withdrew his bid for Delegate on the first day of voting as apparently he never intended to actually run.

Pallaith, the in office Vice Delegate and Security Councillor, was always going to be a very strong contender for the Delegacy. His commitment, work ethic and the fact he has been Delegate on two previous occasions, proved a popular choice for the voters. He claimed victory with 52.73% of the vote.

At the end of voting we have a new Delegate of TNP in Pallaith, who secured 58 of the 110 total votes cast.
St. George came second with 40 votes. BMWSurfer, third with 6 votes. Fourth place went to Bobberino with 4 votes.
The last place positions were shared by abc and Bluie Gamer with 1 vote apiece. There were 7 Abstains.

Vice Delegate Results
180403_3694909_Staying_Alive_anvver_1_1500x844_1206807107660.jpg

The candidates for Vice Delegate were Brendog, Sil Dorsett, SiberianFedRep, Bobberino and Bootsie.

Brendog - a former Minister of Home Affairs - has previously pursued the Vice Delegacy. He provided a sound but intriguing campaign in relation to the running of the Security Council. This achieved him 14.16% of the vote.

SiberianFedRep received no votes. He should not take this to heart. A brave attempt is better than no attempt at all. Syrixia gave him some sound advice “I think it's great that newer users are trying their hand in the political process. The ability for users like you to do this is what makes TNP great. That being said, I highly recommend you get involved in the Executive Staff and other theaters of government before putting your hat in the ring for top dog jobs, so you learn and gain more experience.”

Bobberino not only threw his hat into the Delegate race, but also the Vice Delegate race as well. He did not submit a campaign thread for the VD race, but still managed to achieve 9.73% of the vote.

bootsie has been on the Security Council for three years and has served as Vice Delegate. As Sil Dorsett, a fellow Security Councillor,
was running for the Vice Delegacy as well, bootsie tactically withdrew from the contest so as not to split the votes between them.

Sil Dorsett is a current server on the Security Council and 'father' of Madeline, the Discord Bot. He has been involved in TNP for over two years and has served as Minister of Foreign Affairs and Minister of World Assembly Affairs. TNP voters agreed that he was indeed 'The Right Person in the Right Job.' With the withdrawal of bootsie, the race for Vice Delegate was left open for Sil Dorsett to bring home 76.11% of the vote.

At the end of voting, Sil Dorsett is the new Vice Delegate with 86 of the 113 votes cast. Brendog came second with 16 votes, and Bobberino gained third place with 11 votes. There were four abstains.

Attorney General Results
maxresdefault.jpg

There were only two candidates for the position of Attorney General: Yuno and Crushing Our Enemies.

Yuno is relatively new to TNP but she didn’t want COE running against himself. To prove herself knowledgeable and understanding of TNP's Legal Code, Yuno summarized the aforementioned document in her campaign. This impressed some voters as she achieved 27.96% of the votes.

Crushing Our Enemies was the sitting Attorney General and was seeking re-election to the office. Four months ago, he promised to center his work as Attorney General around the values of Compassion, Objectivity, and Efficiency. The voters of TNP acknowledged his appeal and he won, accumulating 67 of the 93 cast votes of which there were 23 abstains.

So, Crushing Our Enemies has been re-elected as the Attorney General.

Regional Speaker Results
Perros_de_reserva-647440198-large.jpg

Wonderess (the former Speaker) as well as Artemis and Dinoium entered the fray for election for Speaker. This particular race was to become very interesting and controversial.

Wonderess just completed one term in the position of Speaker after succeeding ABC for the role in the last election. He was very keen to be re-elected as he would like to publish a successor to the Regional Assembly Digest.

Artemis (also known as Oracle and as Sundred) currently serves as a member of the Security Council, Election Commission, Deputy Speaker, and is a former Minister of Culture. He fully intends to surround himself with active Deputy Speakers, and hopes to blend the make-up of the Deputy Speakers with experienced members as well as newer individuals to help train future speakers.

Dinoium has had experience as a Deputy Minister of Communications, Deputy Attorney General, Ambassador and has served on the Speaker's Staff. When the voting started, it became obvious that it was going to be a very close race indeed. At the cease of voting, there were only four votes separating the first and last places.

Wonderess was defeated, taking 34 of 108 total votes. There were nine abstains. Artemis and Dinoium could not achieve a clear majority with 36 and 38 votes achieved respectively at the cease of the voting period. This then led to a runoff vote, which is further described in the section below.

Speaker Runoff Results
4592d073168663d9499b1f7c1535fb32.jpg

The runoff vote between Artemis and Dinoium got off to a good start and very quickly it appeared as though Dinoium was going to secure the victory. However, a few days into the campaign, Dinoium had a change of heart having been dropped as a Deputy Minister of Communications. Preferring to once again pursue that role, he wished to concede the Speaker race. While there was some speculation as to his intent, given that such an action is illegal. A candidate cannot concede once the voting has started. Dinoium would have had to drop his citizenship or not take his oath if elected. If he dropped his citizenship, the voting process would have to be re-started. If he was victorious in the voting and was awarded the Speaker position and then not taken his oath, this would have triggered a Special Election a week after the Oath Taking period had lapsed. All that said, Dinoium later stated he merely attempted to admit defeat and encourage his supporters to shift their votes to Artemis. Whatever the case, this situation did not result in a legal dilemma, as at the close of voting, the votes were as follows: Artemis: 44 and Dinoium: 30, with one abstain.

Artemis is the new Speaker.

Last edited:
He is very keen to be re-elected as he would like to publish a successor to the Regional Assembly Digest .
Artemis also known as Oracle to some. He currently serves as a member of the Security Council, Election Commission, Deputy Speaker,
and is a former Minister of Culture. He fully intends to surround himself with active Deputy Speakers.
I did some editing.
He is very keen to be re-elected as he would like to publish a successor to the Regional Assembly Digest.
Artemis also known as Oracle to some. He currently serves as a member of the Security Council, Election Commission, Deputy Speaker, and is a former Minister of Culture. He fully intends to surround himself with active Deputy Speakers.

Also as an note, when I said I conceded, I was aware I couldn't drop out. What I meant by conceding was I admitted defeat and encourages my supporters to vote for Artemis so I couldn't win. I would had withdrawn if ai could but that is not possibly until I withdraw my Citizenship.

Back