Not open for further replies.

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
del_seal.png

For the third time, you have done me the honor of making me your Delegate. I never take this trust lightly, but especially now. Not only is this an interesting, unpredictable time in NationStates, but TNP is a region that values pulling up the new generation and constantly renewing itself, and that usually comes in the form of electing newcomers to the office. I may not be new to the office, but my efforts in the term ahead will be toward meeting the needs of the game as it is today and refreshing the goals that I set out to accomplish the last time I was in this position.

I have never been about clinging to the old ways or the assumptions that dominated how this game should be played. I have always believed that NS is dynamic and that the players who have only known the game in recent years have the power to challenge those dated beliefs and ancient grudges. I have seen many of those old lines that have defined alliances and demand our attention come to the forefront in recent months, and know first-hand that trust can sometimes be misplaced. But that does not mean that we should be afraid to draw new lines, forge new bonds, and surprise people. That is the challenge for TNP in the months to come. It is my hope we will stay true to our values, hold fast to our convictions and do right by our friends, but be willing to recognize what opportunities we have to look beyond our bubble and our comfort zone.

We are the largest region in size and in WA votes, but we cannot expect that alone to define us and signal success in this game, especially if we never make use of this fact. Everyone knows that TNP has an opinion on almost everything that happens, and yet they are left to assume what it is. To hear us speak for ourselves, or to even speak at all, should not come as a shock, and yet as of late it certainly seems that is precisely the response that we have received from our friends, neighbors, and rivals. If we want our views to matter, if we want to change this game in a positive way that embodies the values we cherish, we must be more than an example to be glimpsed from afar. We must continue to advocate for them in the WA, in the forum, through our statements and the projects and operations in which we participate. We must build on what Siwale has started, continue to make our voices heard, and do so consistently.

We pride ourselves on our democracy in a game that makes effective and meaningful democracy so difficult, yet we share so little of what it produces, and instead leave the curious around us to observe at their leisure. There’s a vibrant culture here, full of thoughtful scholars, imaginative creators, skillful debaters, and curious adventurers. TNP is what it is because of them, because of all of you, and it is a shame that too often it is not recognized for that, not because the people and places around us cannot or refuse to see, but because we don’t show them. TNP has fantastic people and ideas and we could do a lot of good by spreading them as far and wide as possible.

That is why I have focused so much on Culture this term, and why our University is at the center of those plans. We have veteran gameplayers, roleplayers, and WA nations, and they have a lot to teach the new generation of players. I believe in them and the vision they have for their respective areas, and believe it is one worth sharing with posterity. They can encourage and inspire new politicians, roleplayers, and authors, who can go on to do great things here and abroad. Our vote in the WA is the largest and can turn the tide of any vote, but it and the tools we have to back it up can also be a source of support and strength for others. And the effort to shape resolutions begins long before the votes are cast. There too we can lend our support or urge changes that may make resolutions better, and be a part of the community.

Helping me in this mission are the following:

Foreign Affairs: Brendog

Defense: Darcania

Home Affairs: BMWSurfer

World Assembly Affairs: Tlomz

Culture: MadJack

Communications: El Fiji Grande

I am very excited about the days ahead. It feels to me like anything can happen, and we might as well aim high. It will take a lot of effort and enthusiasm to get the best results, so I hope I can count on all of you to jump right into it with me. Let’s start the new year not with a bang, but with a boom. If you’re on board, sign up for executive staff, join the WA, join the NPA, and when we start a new activity, volunteer, take part, help organize and set it up. If you’re on the RMB but haven’t explored anything else, hop on Discord, join the Forum, become a citizen. If you’re off the site but haven’t checked the game in a while, stop by the RMB, answer a poll, join in a game. You’re in TNP, where the democracy is strong, the debate robust, and the rum plentiful! So join in, drink and be merry, you’re here to have fun!

Last edited:
Very much looking forward to the accomplishments that you and your team will make happen this year.

Congratulations to all those appointed!

I feel like you keep finding ways to be my boss :P

Heres to another term working directly with you mate

Absolutely loving those appointments, especially Defense and Culture!

Congratulations, and here's to a successful term!

Congrats to all appointed! I'm sure Darc will do a fantastic job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back