Notice of Error and Ballot Correction

Notice of Error and Ballot Correction
January 2019 General Election

ec_seal.png

It has come to our attention that while curating the list of candidates prior to voting and in posting the ballot (and sending it by private message) for voters, the Supervising Election commissioners and @Eluvatar specifically made an error in retaining SiberianFedRep in the list of candidates for Vice Delegate. SiberianFedRep lost citizenship (time=1546641422), a bit over 30 hours prior to the opening of voting.

The law requires that we promptly restart voting if a candidacy becomes invalid during a voting round. However, SiberianFedRep wasn't a valid candidate when voting began.

The most relevant precedent appears to be a Request for Review on an Election Commission's decision to edit the posted ballot to include the omitted option of "Abstain" without restarting voting. We are notifying the voter who voted for an invalid candidate and updating the posted ballot. Votes for SiberianFedRep will be treated as abstentions.

Respectfully,
@Eluvatar,
@Owenstacey

It's good that this was taken care of. Imagine the collective regional groan if we had to start the whole election over again, seeing how many people voted.

Thank you for taking care of this Elu and Owen.

I echo Syrixia's relief in not having to restart the voting, especially seeing as how we may already be heading to a runoff.

I echo the concerns of the following people. I want to thank the Election Commissioners for them taking action. :)

Glad you decided to take that action. I would have lost my shit if we had to restart the election because some guy nobody took seriously got one or two invalid votes. If anyone actually voted for him, I'd suggest considering editing your ballot (preferably to me.)

Back