COE to Remain AG

Discord
COE#7110
Four months ago, I promised to center my work as Attorney General around the values of Compassion, Objectivity, and Efficiency (C.O.E.) I come to you again to ask for your vote on that same basis.

I made no promises regarding output from my office, because the job of the Attorney General is not to obtain convictions, or to have laws and policies overturned. Rather, it is to advocate for justice, and seek clarity in matters of law. I have no quotas to meet, only values to uphold. Nonetheless, it is with humility that I admit I have not done all that I set out to do four months ago. I cannot blame the abbreviated term; I have been distracted from my purpose. I have legal questions that I wish the court to resolve, but have not yet posed. I am behind where I would like to be on other duties of the office as well.

As we enter a new year, I resolve to be more proactive in my work, and humbly ask for your vote in order to realize that goal. I welcome your questions.

Hey there, I've read your campaign, and despite that we're opponents for this election cycle (which is great,) I wish you best of luck for this election! Now, onto my comments,
I think you're downplaying yourself a little. You've been a reassuring and reliable presence and gov official for these past terms and served TNP for a long time. In response to your campaign: there's no requirement to pose legal questions you wish the court to resolve, but you do it to improve the Court. That's wonderful. What type of legal questions are they?
You're not really behind your other duties either, or people would have complained, but I haven't seen any and I think you've fulfilled your job well :)
Now, good luck and hope for the best ^-^

Will you appoint any new Deputies though to the office only having one Deputy at the moment, keep your current Deputy, or appoint a whole new Deputy team

Hey there, I've read your campaign, and despite that we're opponents for this election cycle (which is great,) I wish you best of luck for this election! Now, onto my comments,
I think you're downplaying yourself a little. You've been a reassuring and reliable presence and gov official for these past terms and served TNP for a long time. In response to your campaign: there's no requirement to pose legal questions you wish the court to resolve, but you do it to improve the Court. That's wonderful. What type of legal questions are they?
You're not really behind your other duties either, or people would have complained, but I haven't seen any and I think you've fulfilled your job well :)
Now, good luck and hope for the best ^-^
Thanks for the vote of confidence (if not your actual vote ;)). Best of luck to you as well! As for what legal questions I would like the court to resolve, I think there is a need for clarity on how our laws apply in our discord servers. It wasn't very long ago that we were on IRC, and the only regional chat was #tnp, all in one room, everyone just having casual conversations. Authority over the channel was in the hands of Thel D'ran, and the ops appointed by him (or other ops). Every visitor was on equal footing, and no government authority was recognized there - in that way, it was outside the law, and considered unofficial. Now, our regional chat server includes channels for the legislative branch, the security branch, and the judicial branch, and we have a whole separate server for the executive branch. All of this is under the same supervision as the official government forum. The traditional perspective that people in the regional chat are not exercising government authority (and thus, that the chat is outside the law) has been strained, to say the least. It is almost as if the chat has become an extension of the official government forum itself. Our laws have no provision for this scenario, and there are several areas of the law that were previously very clear that have since become...murky.

Will you appoint any new Deputies though to the office only having one Deputy at the moment, keep your current Deputy, or appoint a whole new Deputy team
My personal policy is to neither hire nor dismiss deputies without cause. I will keep you on unless you give me cause to dismiss you, and will refrain from hiring more deputies unless I'm in need of further assistance. I hope that this term will be a significant enough undertaking that I will find myself in need of at least one more deputy, but I will not appoint one immediately (or I would have done it already).

Last edited:
Back