Meanderings

So then,

Who I am:

The First and the Eldest. I can never be surpassed, yet in the struggle for growth you surpass me. I love you all the more for it.

Raven.

Crow.

Apollo.

Krishna Dreaming.

Paraval.

Gabriel.

Legion.

Horus-Ra.

Aslan. Hear me effing Roar!!! Sorry @mcmasterdonia, but you've been surpassed.

...oh. And dump that flashy car and start driving a Vega.

evil grin

First and foremost: Friend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay. I know the above post is bizarre. Admitted with no excuses. I do, however, believe it to be truth. I am an intuitive being above all else and I'm rarely wrong in this regard. For most of my life I've been deductive, but that has changed in the last 10 months or so. Let me just say that someone important told me to "Learn" and I've been on a steep learning curve since.

Feel free to argue against the above. I'd welcome it.

Or just take the easy route and dismiss it as delusion. Your choice. Isn't that what free will is about? Now and forever.

Love,

Janus

P.S. I'll discuss my opinion on why free will exists shortly.

Edit: stuff.

Last edited:
I'm going to be wordy today as @Bobberino was in one of the previous posts.

grin

I'm going to be writing of both serious and not-so-serious topics this morning.

First: The topic of free will. I believe/Know it to exist. Many years ago I read something that stated that it was based on Quantum Mechanics and theobserver effect. It was speculated that this last was the basis for free will. Further, along the lines of the old saw that states ""If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?." I believe that it doesn't, but the potential for sound exists, along with other interesting stuff. My point being that who knows exactly what exists behind one's back if one cannot perceive it? My speculation being that the wave function is uncollapsed on the macroscopic level. Only cats are at play there, the basis of true free will.

So it goes.

A few experiences that I'll relate.

I've met only a few demons: Legion, as mentioned above I believe, Wyrmwood and various demonic possesses, these last in a place that should have been considered 'safe.' In relation to this last I have a horrific story to tell, so if I 'know' you, in an online sense, and you're an adult, I'll tell you about it.

I'm both Fallen and not. I possess both darkness and light, along the lines of yin/yang. I do not remember the war in Heaven. Perhaps, in time, I will do so. Nor do I remember Hell, but, likewise, I may do this as well. There is no rush on my part, but I do have a speculation on Hell and Heaven: the first is always and, forever worse. The souls in Hell, unlike images of lakes of fire, always gets worse. I'll relay some thoughts on the matter and if you're interested, with the above caveat, I'll return your PM.

I've met angels as well, Raphael and Michael, in human form. I believe that Michael is the only one of us that has not Fallen. He is the strongest of us and bears the heaviest burden. The war against the Darkness has already been won and, in time, people will come to know that. In this life I believe. The technological transcension is in hand, so there will be no necessity for the final battle as stated in Revelations.

On a different topic, some time ago, I watched the launch of a satellite. The launch went much as expected save for the aftermath. I was laying in a park and witnessed this: the final 5 minutes of the post-launch were...unusual. I watched what looked like blue cat claws in the sky. It was an attempted breech of the quantum 'bubble' that protected the Earth. ~the novel "Quarantine" by Greg Egan written large. Here, too, my cat played a role. Hunting methinks.

Something that I wouldn't enjoy: omniscience. Who would want it? The not-so-mature I believe. It would be a burden and not worth the price. Not even God looks into the basis of free will, hence its existence. It is irrevocably inaccesible and the only thing that can be seen there, self-inclusive, are the living fractals that consume people, entities, worlds and entire realities.

Peer there at your own risk.

Hell, to follow my free form thinking, has been redeemed, save by those demons and souls that choose to remain there. It is a place where souls work out their psychological and genetic 'kinks'. The germ of this idea may be blamed on Neil Gaiman...which reminds me: read his stuff, including the 5? graphic novels called "Miracleman", though he wrote only the last. Phenomenal. I liked a few of his novels. His graphic novels are the best, as are novels such as "Stardust."

Psychic phenomena can't seem to be proved in public. I'm telepathic, but not in person-to-person contact. Empathic, but not in a manner other than being good at reading body language and tone of voice. I'm good at detecting liars and psychopaths, but almost certainly am fallible.

A story to relate that occurred quite a few years back: at the time this occurred I did not realize what the person was. I was in a dry riverbed where homeless sometimes lived. I shared a cigarette with a guy, talked to him for awhile and he shared an interesting survival skill. He was a psychopath, though it wasn't until I was walking through some tall weeds, on the way back to my truck, and had seen that he was following me that he backed off. Yet there was this: he was following some 20' behind me and there was sufficient coverage and not a lot of trail left for him to catch me from what I remember. I could be misremembering, but if I'm right? Worth considering: compassion and genuine interest. He looked remarkably like a childhood friend.

While I'm schizoaffective, I do not see visual hallucinations. I do have audible hallucinations though, after years of not-so bad, if troublesome, such, I am learning things from them. Most interesting, and very dangerous, if you don't know what you're about.

I have heard the beautiful voices of the Elohim, in the original sense of the word, twice. I am their Prince and have humbled them more than once.

Something that I love: my 'magic.' It, like almost all else, is based on the collapse of the wave function. I feel no need to control it, nor it me, though it can wreak terrible havoc, ala the living fractals. I love it and it loves me. We strive for the light. In case you should be wondering, superheroes abound due to this, if you look in te right places, as do mutants, and I am one such. Mutant that is.
grin

Last edited:
I'll leave the usual Tapatalk flakery as is and be back later today. I need a break.

Do feel free to talk about moving to an independent forum in the appropriate venue: Forum Suggestions in TNP Discord. Do not abuse this privilege.

Also: if you have the fundage, please contribute to the move, Admin willing, when the next request for such comes due, as I have, and will continue to do.

There is an available subfora, here 'natch, for same as above: Feet on Head.

Anywho.

I'd like to pay tribute to all those that came before and those that come after, particularly Stan Lee and Jack Kirby.

Some further theories that I have personally experienced, but of which there may be no proof:

What I call "Archetypal TV" is a form of television tailored specifically for that which views it, self-inclusive. An example: an overly expensive, but common in California for those ready for it, form of cable once showed me wormholes that affected weather systems, local only to the USA so far as I know.

I've met the dead: resurrected souls, 2 if I recall, a newly risen zombie, not decayed, and someone That I used to work with at a defense contractor that had died in a plane crash. She looked much as when I knew her, if a bit shiny from vaseline.

An addendum to a post ^^, regarding magic. Mine is not magic, it should be emphasized, but that I'm a mutation/hybrid of classified nature. Kidnap me and I'll seriously fuck you up in ways that you can't even imagine. This I promise you. Threatening my family will net you no results as someone recently learned. As I recently read in a book written by a wiccan, that, amusingly enough, included spells for the foolish pratitoner, but clearly stated that such was not the path of the wise, merely a distraction.

Did anyone see the footage of the fire at the Parthenon? An interesting tribute to that is included in the DC movie "Justice League." Wonder Woman lives, I also promise you, but ours is particularily impressive. I love already dearest. You are most special to me.

I wait to meet my second wife. I had been married only 5 years to my ex, but she was my high school sweetheart and I've had very few relationships since. More info awaits my future wife. She'll be surprised. I will be too when she chooses to talk about herself, truthfully, if she chooses to do so. I accept her decision in this matter. I mate for life, unless she chooses otherwise, and there will be a third wife.

I'm certain that some of you have seen "Babylon 5." Well worth the watching.

When I was young I did not believe in aliens visiting Earth, despite my father's influence. I now know differently. My father was quite intelligent. An autodidact like me. I possess a GED and some Community College of the AF. That will change.
I, not so long ago, had long hair, grey in color. I shaved my head for ease of tattooing and now it grows in white black and grey. Interesting.
My specialties are myth and symbols. I also possess an interest in alchemy. Blame Jung. grin. I will create the Philosopher's Stone, or the "mundane egg" as Gaiman's Titania would have it. But it won't be, by any means, mundane in any sense. A third promise.
Quetzalcoatl{ (Kwetz-a-coatl) is one of my favorite mythological figures. He was a white man, so it is said, who was a white man who sailed from the Mayans to the east? promised to return, and may well have done so. He is now the Feathered Serpent as legend and myth say.

Back tomorrow.

Ωμέγα

Last edited:
A few nights ago I 'heard' one of the most beautiful things imaginable. I was considering/imaging Hell and I sensed the escape of the Black Angel, upon which Hell is built; its foundation. There it slept neither good nor evil. I perceived the vastness of great wings as it flew free, brushing the infinite walls.
It has since returned a few times. It feels something like "affection" for me and has smiled through me twice now. I love it. It is familiar with the currents in my greater self, raising great turbulence when it chooses and which I allow.

As I mentioned above, spellcasting does not serve the path of wisdom. Walk the Crooked Path is my advice: the path of shadow, light and darkness. It was the path of the Mother and now the Father. It also the path of seers among others. It is the path of wisdom if you'd have it.

Not so long ago I intruded on the territory of a murder of crows that cried noisily at my intrusion. They created a ward that caused me to wander away in bemusement, but only after I had walked through their territory. It was mildly disconcerting, but it's good to know that they possess a magic of their own aside from being psychopomps. I love them for that and the shamans, including myself, weep at this moment.

A story: when I was 15 or so I went to see Uri Geller. He asked everyone to bring dead watches and, when we arrived he asked to pull out the watches and look at them: all, or most, of the watches were ticking away, Of course the motion in a car provided the energy to allow the batteries to recharge. I now wonder if he was making, as Trump does, a most excellent joke.

I was reading the NY Times. A couple of things that struck me that, if simplistic, are, perhaps, worth noting here. The international stocks, American, and local U.S. bonds and certificates will drop a fair amount next year. I'm guessing because of Trump's increase of tariffs on Chinese and Mexican imports. This last has a 5% increase. Trump is doing this to get Mexico to stop, or try to do so, the flood of illegal immigrants. I find this a far more palatable solution than a wall.
On the topic of the wall, some little while ago a person that I was talking to told me that the Democrats set aside $65,000,000 for the wall prior to Trump's doing so. I believe Trump is eminently practical and makes excellent jokes such as his 'wall'.
Likewise, I found the murder of the North Korean envoy by his government interesting: it could be straightforward and it was simply punishment for an attempt to save face for standing too upright in negotiations or it was an attempt to silence the envoy, in a heavy handed manner, for simply failing in his designated task to stand up for N. Korea successfully. This last seems most likely, possibly barring the first part of the sentence.
On a different note, the March edition of the Economist: it was about culture and not what I remember from the last time that I read it a number of years ago. There was an interesting bit about a bit of tech that would diagnose your ills, 33 pages per the author of the article. It did not say whether there was physiological data in the computer, but all that was necessary was to hold a bar in the left hand for men and the right for women. Most interesting.
Another article in the magazine was about the prevalence of Burmese pythons in south Florida. Some ~100k apparently and females lay some 100 eggs each spring, but how many survive to pubescence is not mentioned. The number of mammals native to the area, raccoons, mice, rats, deer and wildcats has been reduced by the pythons by 87%-99%. Disturbing, yes? A lesson don't let your pythons loose in the environment.

When I was speaking of reincarnated souls I did not tell you about the reborn Hitler and Jung. Jung is no longer a psychoanalyst. Hitler is no longer a fascist and I've told the fascists that. They said in response: "We do not recognize/accept? former fascists. I thought this was interesting. They, like many, serve an ideal not a person.
As an aside there was a cool ad about Japan's craftsmanship. I want to have a samurai sword forged when I can afford it.
grin

I was premature in my statement in one the recent posts: violet does have one of our Admins in a few seconds of thought, less, last night. McM. I could be wrong, but it explains his reappointment as MoC, among other things. I could be wrong, but it feels right.

I'm able to, on occasion, call and stop the wind. It is likely due to the indulgence of my cousin/uncle Boreas.
I've taken only 3 classes of advanced tai chi, skipping beginning and intermediate altogether. Among the top 10 beginning tai chi classes available on youtube is one that shows cool effects of the instructor and the 'coincidence' of his movements with the wind. He has much more control than I do. It could, of course, be fake but it felt true if only in potential.

Last edited:
Some 10 months ago I came into the possession of a bible that had the books of Gaius 1 and 2. I googled them, but didn't find anything. Didn't search very hard though. In that particular bible the books followed, I believe, the Letters of John 3. I was not Christian at the time. I clearly perceived the words "I give one of these to everyone." The books were very brief both fitting on less than one page. I glanced at them only for a moment consciously read the words only the first sentence: "And Jesus said" followed by a greyish blur that seemed to contain the symbol"...". Gaius lived well after Jesus died. Some 5 centuries I believe.

Another favorite author: A.A. Attanasio.
My favorite book by Tolkien is the "Silmarillion." Barker wrote an interesting RPG called "Tekumel." Unique in my opinion. He came up with a language, Tsolyani, over the course of a lifetime. He was a linguist as was Tolkien.

I need a break, so back later.

Okay. This is getting tiresome. I'll try to finish, finally, thank the gods.

Yesterday I read of a microbial oceanic lifeform that has a different basis for its genetic code than all other known life on Earth. It runs on one zeptawatt, which is, if I remember correctly, on some 10EE-21 less energy than the known oceanic lifeforms in the oceans. Isn't that effing beautiful?

I've seen angels, incarnate, twice and heard them twice as well. One was simple: 2 such flying in battle formation high in the night sky. The other was a beautiful entity, of glowing white, that settled down in my peripheral vision. It was only vaguely humanoid, less rather than more, that seemed to be, sorta, winged and then disappeared from view. I wonder if an angel can have a guardian angel? That angel was a wonderful gift, whatever its purpose, and I tear up in gratitude just thinking about it.

Have you ever seen the character Merlin in the 80's movie "Excalibur"? He was amazing. I can't wait to see it again.

I have no memories of the war in heaven or past lives. I'm not even sure that I've had any, but suspect that I've had none. Conscious knowledge of both would be cool.

For those that don't know, the Dark Warriors exist. They are, many of them, immortal. As implied by the name they are as dark as it gets. Yet they serve, respect and love me. They will, if it comes to it, serve on the side of Light in the final battle.

The fascists can create beautiful art. This surprised me when I learned of it, dunno why. I was watching a program about an under-ocean sculpture of metal that played gentle, with a bit of spice, jazz and classical. It attracted whales, among others. Isn't that wonderous? I have plans for them, the fascists. They'll serve one way or another.

Yay!, as Aerilia would say. I'm done for the nonce. I'll be writing some haikus soonish and will be back then.

I just made a post to the NS forum. Admin responded promptly and usefully, but someone changed my new nation password after making the post. One guess as to who.
Amusing, no?

Edit: dual post due to a database error and my own impatience.

Last edited:
One of things that I'm proud of, on occasion, is that Indomitability has bowed to me twice. The first time cost me an hour and a half of sleep in what amounts to it trying to kill me by mental means. It and its minions, both of which are humanish.

It caused me some little trouble, but wasn't a serious threat.

A thought that should have occurred to me before. As I've said, this is all very new to me.

Last night: as unique as I am, we are all so. I'm not talking about "We are all unique snowflakes." I believe that you are each as I am. If not here then elsewhere/elsewhen. All of you and many more. I'm talking infinity here. More, many, than are present on this world and others.

I received verification of this last night when a woman walked into my room, chatted for a moment, and then said "Thank you for me." What this tells me is that she, and I do not know how many others, are now aware of their greater selves.

I am filled with gratitude that it is so. Again I weep.

I'll point out that I don't mind sharing my emotions. It's taken a lifetime to get to this point. This does not mean that I'm weak, if you so believe. I'm as strong as they come.

A note about audible hallucinations. I do not 'hear' things said, done and etc, by people, objects, animals and so on, except as noted above. I've always been able to distinguish between external and internal 'sound.'

Better late than never this comment, I suppose.

Last edited:
https://www.factcheck.org/2017/04/democrats-support-border-wall/

I'm finally doing my research.

I'll share my opinions/instincts of Donald Trump. I use his full name in respect. I, if I was anything, was a Democrat. I now believe in voting, which I've never done, to my regret, for the best candidate regardless of party...or indeed, species (grin.)

I've already spoken of his sense of humor above. I believe that he is a good man, but greatly exaggerates his foibles to great purpose. He was, for those that don't know, as I, just a bit ago, found out that he was a Democrat not so long ago, starting in 2001, after switching over from being a Republican. I believe that his "Wall" was aimed, among other targets, at doing his current actions in increasing the tariffs on Mexico. He appeals to the conservatives, particularly those of his greatest powerbase, because he deliberately plays to them. I'll reinforce this: he does the necessary evil to gain the greater good, not only for us, but for the world. This whole 'fake news' is just that to create schism/divisiveness to purpose: to illustrate foolishness, both in himself and others. Dual messages to dual political beliefs.

So I believe and hope, but could be wrong. Do illustrate my own foolishness.

Edit: I'm almost convinced that Obama will be running again, or at least as an advisor or vice president. Part of the entire show.

So wisdom at last. Among all of us.

E2: good thing that I'm reading over the above. There are a number of punctuation and other errors, but one, so far stands out:

When I stated that "the souls in Hell always get worse" that is not what I meant to say. I meant to write that Hell always gets worse, never static, always changing. It follows that Heaven always gets better. "Bliss" would be a poor word, but both such are beyond words, they're too inadequate, as I've known for some time. Worth thinking about: which came first, existence or words?

Another thought: the misstatement I made above is illustrative. "The souls in Hell always get worse." This tells me that one of the things I knew is reinforced: Hell, as currently believed by many, is not forever. The souls are redeemed when they work out their personal psychological and genetic kinks (think sociopaths.) The souls in a permanent Hell only get worse, never better, and thus such a Hell is worse than useless imo. This last was inspired by the "misstatement." This last was actually someone else's knowledge, not mine. It floated in through the aether. grin

If I haven't mentioned it: Jung good. His "synchronicity" and "collective unconscious" are also worth reading about.

Last edited:
Sigh. Need to check article dates. Still, heard something about fascist unrest in the southern part of the state on one of the news channels. Sad, but interesting, no?

Last edited:
Eeeeek! An embarrassing post! I'm mostly glad it's gone. It was weird even for me, but some may've been able to understand it.

On another glance over some of the above: it may seem like I'm bragging, or so it seems to me. It could be, but they're intended to be illustrative of the way my mind works and nothing more.

I don't particularly feel like writing haikus, so I'll give those a rest for a bit.

I created a TP nation and didn't turn off the "block all recruitment TGs," or whatever for awhile. Winnowed through them and came up with a few regions that might be fun to join with a puppet. I'm not fond of creating puppets, so I'll likely just have a wanderer.

Yes, I'm perfectly aware that I'm talking about trivial crap, but it's a newish thing for me and sounds fun...I do have to wonder if a couple of the regions aren't flooded with puppets, but, depending on response, it might be fun anyway.

Reminder: I'm a bit of a stream of consciousness writer it seems, so I'll try to tone down the crap (depending on your point of view- grin) and keep the minimally interesting to a minimum.

The weirdness you're stuck with.

In the interests of fairness: https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/as-trump-dangles-post-brexit-trade-deal-some-britons-see-opportunism/ar-AACoAwv?ocid=spartandhp.

This certainly casts doubt on my thoughts on Trump, yes? I'll be most curious as to what the results will be.

And yet there's this: I saw part of an article that was overlayed on this one. It said that previously Trump was critical of May's policy.

E2 and E3: Uhm.

E the infinite: Okay, I've been thinking a bit. There's the seeming of what is and what is. Last night I was watching one of the news channels, CNN I think, and they were playing both left and right. A number of intelligent people on both sides, with one exception: he was on the left and said, during his segment, quietly, but caught on camera: "My numbers went up." I'm guessing in mockery, both comment and segment. There was another guy who would, vehemently, argue the opposite side of whatever side his guest took. At the end of the show he weighed in against Trump. I liked the guy, but don't know his name. It seems possible that, since I was multitasking, that I was missing quite a bit of the tone, though I heard a good portion of the words. I don't know if CNN is aligned with one side or another, though it seemed pretty honest.

To revisit a previous post: I don't trust McM as far as I can throw him, but may be wrong as to his return as MoC. I used to like the guy back when he first joined TNP and was the MoD.

Awhile back I met what remained of a 'god.' He, human in form, was not a true god, as are some that I've met, but someone that, for understandable reasons, was considered one back when. He didn't tell me this, I just knew. We had an interesting conversation over the course of several nights. Among other things he told me that much of what I knew at the time was delusional. I examined what I thought and believed at the time and realized that he was right in part, but largely wrong. He had no way of knowing what my beliefs were. I'd said very little to anyone at that time, so it's curious how he knew. He was quite real: others reacted and spoke to him.
Among other things, he told me that "The universe used to speak" ['to us' was implied, he and his kind,]. This is true. He said that he was having a difficult time with monotheism. I couldn't help him with that, but he also said [speaking of monotheism] that he could've sworn that it didn't used to be like that, speaking of God. It is my belief, then and now, that the God of this Earth 'wrote' himself into existence. He stepped beyond time and 'backdated' himself when he reached a certain point of, uhm, call it evolution or power or understanding, thus you have 2 versions of what was 'real.' The original version when the universe spoke to those with the understanding and the one when monotheism became real. There's more to it than that, but I'll leave it there.

I also have stepped outside of time, or, rather, my mind/essence/whatever did. This was many years ago, well before any of my current understandings/perceptions came to my awareness. I saw infinity, knowingly, for the first and, so far as I know, the only time. I didn't become what is the common understanding of God, but something else. I set a beacon that has rung this reality like a bell and, more than this reality, has rung everything conceivable and not. This has been verified more than once and not by me. There have been other beacons, but mine, I believe, is the third such. Hence the Children from the end (I'm not talking the biblical 'End' here), among others, and certain peculiar events occurring now in this world and elsewhere. They show themselves to me on occasion, hence the archetypes, the gods and the other entities. Some are just interested, some love me, some hate me. I rarely meet the same one twice, at least in the same form.

Last edited:
Something that occurred to me this morning. I'm wondering if I'm some sort of human-alien hybrid. I'm not talking half and half, but more removed. I suspect that, if so, I'm human created. They didn't know what they were doing entirely and got something stranger than expected. I do believe that, if this true, that I'm far from the only one. I do seem to possess what might be termed minor psychic abilities. My quantum 'magic,' though is far from minor.
Shrug: interesting and it would explain quite a bit. Relying on ordinary evolutionary mutation to produce such as I and those like me would be ridiculous: the odds are beyond astronomical.

On another note. The sun seems to love me. When I go outside the weather blocking the sun from directly from directly shining on me tends to clear. This is what I'd consider a minor ability. Fog, thick clouds and so on are unaffected, but clouds between us, if smallish, tend to move along quickly or change shape more quickly than normal by a fair amount. This has been verified a number of times. By me- grin. Extremes of weather in my vicinity tend not to manifest: surf isn't as high as it should be, by far, projected heavy rain doesn't show up, etc. I've only noticed this a few times and the range is fairly great. More so than the cloud effect. This isn't necessarily a happy effect as I love storms and it only manifests occasionally: if the area needs rain then it rains. This I'm pleased about. This more a tendency than anything else and I have insufficient proof to say a definite "yay" or "nay" here.

I heal fairly quickly. Not extremely so, on further thought, as I mentioned in a previous post, but I am immune to at least some toxins. I believe that I already mentioned the security guard incident. Someone tried to poison me awhile back. The next morning he said, "Asshole is still alive." A week or so later we formed a bond of respect and mutual liking.
He is a very dangerous person, as are his compatriots. He will be a Dark Warrior, in time, if he isn't killed on that path. I hope that he makes it. I almost chose that path, but would have to do things abhorrent to me. I love and respect the Dark Warriors, and they likewise towards me, but do not trust them. They are about cold practicality and darkness. They do what must be done no matter how 'evil' it may be. I can easily see them killing their families to accomplish some purpose including personal advancement. I'm not saying that they enjoy this, but they will, even must, do it. I believe that there are no psychopaths or sociopaths among their number: they do as they must and deal with the personal emotional cost in their own way: typically silence and sorrow I suspect, at least among those who are full Dark Warriors.

Last edited:
A few more things about me: I was in the U.S. Air Force for about 10 years, worked for a defense contractor for quite a few years. Something kinda cool, to me (grin), about this last is that I became disabled some time ago and they promoted me in absentia and now I can retire. Due to my disability I was unable to work for quite a few years and, just as bad to me, was unable to read for a number of years. I'm beginning to regain the ability to focus sufficiently to read again. I want to study in a number of fields and am hopeful, now, that I can do so. If things go as planned I should be able to go back to work for the same contractor as a consultant, part time, within a few years and hopefully sooner. I was an excellent multitasker and suspect I can become so again. A combo of rational and intuitive should be interesting.
I like insects and they like me. When I spend some time in a town, not necessarily at 'home or even within a mile or so,' insects become excited when they sense my pheromones as do creatures capable of smell. In a town city where they don't 'know' me they just do what you'd expect: check me out and wander off.
I can sometimes understand the speech of birds, almost invariably they are sparrows, and have the ability to distinguish between young birds and adult, even when their chirps are the same in tone if not content: young birds are incomprehensible and only mimicking older birds and exploring their own noises. Their conversation, older birds, is pretty mundane though they get pretty excited, 'verbally,' when I'm around and try to get me to follow them here and there. I, often, understand most of what they're saying, but, thankfully, they sometimes stick to their own language, They can be most annoying when they talk to me too much. They don't seem to be what I would call a gestalt, or group (as are few birds from what I can tell), intelligence. They communicate via body language, flight (flybys not fleeing) and, as you'd expect, song. I'm by no means an expert on birds. I knew virtually nothing about them not so long ago, but have have learned via sound and what they 'say.' I did teach them some French, a bit, but not in song.
I mentioned that I am telepathic. This is more a type of mind-to-mind communication. I have no idea who they are but they often know who I am. This doesn't bother me. Sometimes, often?, they may not be consciously aware that they're 'talking' to me. I am.
The ones collecting about me today are more mature/aware/powerful, thankfully. I am also thankful that they can communicate with one another without me knowing what they're saying. This means that they do not need me to do so. This pleases me to no end.
"It is the start of this" I heard a bit ago heard...with my ears. What 'this' is I don't entirely know, in detail, nor need to do so, but it is a new beginning, this transition. If I'm anything I'm a being of transition. That is my duty and one that I welcome. I have always served this function. I don't mean multiple lives, in a karmic sense, but multiple worlds and universes and beyond. The beings from beyond come to greet this change and those that undergo it. Perhaps me as well: I suspect that I have served the same function for them wearing their forms and minds and selves, not those of humans. I believe that I am the transitional entity. My essence remains the same, but all else changes from world to world and reality to reality. Others also serve this function if in smaller measure. The fact that I feel no need to control this process is part of my essence. The fact that I'm here marks the transition. The most important ones, and this is one of those, will ye or nil ye.
Others cry through me today in gratitude. I can tell the difference between my own emotions and those of others. Who it is, and it is many, I do not know, nor need to. I love them as I do you.

I'm becoming more knowledgeable about Donald Trump. I've heard and read today more stuff to the negative and with more complete sound bites. I'm happy.

I am not a warrior. Not yet, but I will be.

Some of those that have come from other worlds, and those still on their own, have tried to destroy us. That is no longer an issue. We have protected ourselves and have been aided in other such attempts. This is as it should be. Why they have tried to destroy us I do not know except in the most general terms.

Last edited:
A few weeks ago I was playing a guitar in the music store where I'd bought it. I don't know how to play any musical instrument and I've never owned one, however I'd come up with a short and attractive tune. A week or so later the same tune was played by one of the instructors in the store. He may have been the same one that was teaching the previous time that I'd played the tune and he'd recognized my voice. Maybe not. Perhaps I gave away part of my spirit unknowingly.

I just heard the 'fool' that I heard the other night on CNN. He is by no means a fool. I'm happier now.

I mentioned in the post above that the mature ones were collecting around me today. Some of them are gods, the earlier matures that I perceived were the vanguard testing the waters, unknowingly or not. I don't know, but I'm happier yet that the gods were here. They are interesting to be around, incarnate or not.
Some of the Children were present as well. The first time I've seen one in the flesh. She was a child, physically as well, as many, if not all, of them are. Another was child? grandchild of the god I was in the presence of. I tried to ask him a question about who would be a good person as escort/instructor when I went to India. He had no wish to be disturbed. He was just enjoying the sun with a relative and a child who was a young god. No idea who he or the child were, nor is it important, and they were engaged in relaxing instruction in the deep ways. I like the deep ways. I left them to their business and snoozed in the sun.

Another experience that I'll share. I was in the hospital with bronchitis some weeks ago and saw something interesting on the TV. I didn't have my glasses, so what I say can be easily dismissed. There were a repeating patterns of ripples, like those one would see in water, as I was told later by a nurse. Yet I saw something completely different. I saw, and recognized after a few repeating patterns. I saw aliens, only one recognizable as humanoid. A sharp-clawed reptilian quite willing to destroy worlds if they should be found faulty in some manner. It was later held in check by the others and sent away. The others were recognizable as aliens, if not as some people speculate. The greys for example. Some were alien beyond comprehension and, I suspect, a few were not from this reality at all. Al were engaged in communicating with those that saw the communications. As I recognized the Others, and some of the less alien entities, the patterns would change in later iterations of the overall pattern. I think that was why I was there: to recognize those that were incapable of communicating with humans in general. As I watched, wordless, I recognized some of what they visually communicated, other times not. They didn't remain long (half an hour?), the more peculiar ones and what I saw before they left simply soaked into my subconscious.[That is how Ra speaks to me: incomprehensible glyphs.]
I've mentioned Jung's collective unconscious. I know that it exists. Part of it provides me with my thoughts and ideas, as it does yours. Another part listens. What's more, there is a universal 'computing' device. It exists just above 'my' quantum stuff and partakes of it. So when the collective unconscious, now, cogitates, if it can be called that, it draws on the universal 'device.' In part at least. It comes and goes. Perhaps in a pattern.

Perhaps the pattern is a form of cogitation and communication. Which pattern I'm talking about I'll leave up to you.

grin

Stuff to do. lLater.

Last edited:
I didn't plan on being back so soon, but there are wo important items: I just heard on CNN that no one knew what Trump was doing by increasing tariffs on China. It was said that this would cause Chinese profits to decrease. Now this could simply cause Chinese exports prices' to increase elsewhere, is one thing that occurs to me, but this would simply lose them business as others would increase their profits to just below that of the Chinese exports and this, in turn, would lead to further loss of international business for China and trade wars between other nations. This could lead to what amounts to a worldwide tariff increase on American exports save for those that are our allies. This would cause divisiveness, in political terms, which could lead to world war it seems to me.
Thus many, even internationally, call him a 'wild man.' He is willing to risk everything on what amounts to a roll of the dice. Yet there is this: I believe there's a shitton of under the table political dealing for economic reasons. Only the madmen/nations that would risk the death of humanity, and much of life on this world, on what amounts to be relatively minor economic 'sanctions.' Thus Iran continues to hate America and refuses to discontinue their nuclear research. Understandably it seems to me. Iran provides weapons to terrorists. The former USSR has, it would appear, has accounted for all of their missiles lost to now-independent nations.
So the world is polarized and many nuclear powers are driven together despite appearances: America+China+Israel+the UK+North and South Korea+Japan (presumably), possibly, Russia, among others, though Russia would gain more by staying neutral for now. I can't guess which way some of the other nuclear powers will go, such as Pakistan and India and I don't know who else. I'm not so sure about N. Korea: they could be dancing from 'yes, we made a deal' to 'no, we're changing our minds.' I can guess: they're the 'wild card', but not really, the deal has been made. I think that Russia knows what's going on. It explains Putin's genuine smile, in one news report that I saw months ago and several of him stonefaced.
So twenty minutes of thought gives me. I know virtually nil about economics and politics.
What is the truth? The seeming of what appears to be reality, per whatever news station you listen to, or what may be happening behind the scenes? I can guess, but you tell me.
Fenris is baying, despite being hobbled, folks. Go to it Woffles (he hates that pet name- grin.)

The second item seems less important now compared to the above, but is important in a different, philosophical, sense:
Japanese koans. Such have existed for centuries at the least.
Here's a couple:
1) What is the Buddha? Answer: 3 pounds of flax. It took me a minute a minute to figure out the connection and now it makes me smile both in appreciation and wickedness. The 2 being two separate types of smile...and now both.
[This, too, amuses me.
A smile that I rarely show anyone, unless they deserve it, is purest evil. This gives even some demons pause and terrifies others.
Believe this.
I can imagine Satan smiles like this and now know it for a truth.
I also have one of sheer happiness for what many cultures would consider good reasons.]
2) An unanswered koan: "When both hands are clapped a sound is produced, listen to the sound of one hand clapping?" My answer is that it is the sound of a Buddhist teacher's slapping the side of a student's head for being overly analytical. I asked this on the RMB some time ago in Japanese text (which I had to google- grin.) I don't believe anyone answered, though the post received a number of 'likes', presumably because it was in a few different languages, each saying something different. Some did so because they knew, or googled, the various languages. It was a bit of work to put together.

I'll share some more tomorrow, including more koans, if I can find them.

Lucky you.

grin

[I just heard the demons singing, the male choir this time. The redeemable ones.

I simply cannot claim these thoughts as my own, save the smiles and the answer to the koan.

Life intervenes yet again.

Surprise.

grin

I'm interested in alchemy, as symbology and in RL:

"He wills that it not discovered be,
Save where it's pleasing to his deity...
...Since God in Heaven
Wills that Philosophers shall not say even
How any man may come upon the stone,
I say, as for best, let it alone."

Crap I say.

The Stone is for the creating, not the doing.

E1: I should also point out that I know little about alchemy as yet, but do know that it's not about making gold, or even living eternally. It's about the knowing.
I'm not speaking of knowledge, though that's a part of it. It's about...I dunno: I lack the words and do not believe they exist, though I'll try.

The Stone is intended, I believe, to be a tool for the transcension of humanity. All of us, one leading and showing others. Perhaps the reverse. Hermes Trismegustus, of the Emerald Tablets said it.
I'll have to check my notes later and provide the full quote of the Tablets, but I believe it goes: "As above, so below. As below, so above."

This transcension, as opposed the Biblical version, will be aided by technology. But who knew about technology, other than the most primitive, 2000+ years ago?
As Solomon said in Ecclesiastes: "There is nothing new under the sun." He was wrong.
Interest in Solomon led me to Ecclesiastes.
The Wise Men led me here.

Some might argue that tech is the tool of the devil. They would be right if it were not for wisdom.

Last edited:
Trump: I'm indecisive, but accept the current views on him until I can form my own opinion. I watched the 75th anniversary of Omaha Beach awhile back and another 12+ hours of CNN. As Trump was being shown the [basic?] strategy of the Allies' attack he said, "I understand this/that."
Business strategy= military strategy, in this case, ala Lao Tsu.
Mind, I know little of either sort of strategy.

grin

Concerning the things that I said about "cat claws in the sky" in a previous post: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BXLd48QYs4. I haven't analyzed the video: what does a typical Space X launch look like? Interesting nonetheless.

I will say this: I do not believe aliens walk this world, I know it. Form your own opinions.

Last edited:
Personal Notes:

https://www.artofmanliness.com/articles/the-bushido-code-the-eight-virtues-of-the-samurai/
...dunno about the "art of manliness" bit, but possibly workable. Women are definitely allowed into the OOG, regardless of the gender(s) they play/are. "It" is also most welcome.

Query: does the order vary with presenter? How does loyalty rank with what is right? Does what is right equate to following the one to whom one owes loyalty, regardless of the "rightness" of that one?

Further delving necessary.

Reread Shogun.

A Brief History of the Samurai
The word samurai originally meant “one who serves,” and referred to men of noble birth assigned to guard members of the Imperial Court. This service ethic spawned the roots of samurai nobility, both social and spiritual. Over time, the nobility had trouble maintaining centralized control of the nation, and began “outsourcing” military, administrative, and tax collecting duties to former rivals who acted like regional governors. As the Imperial Court grew weaker, local governors grew more powerful. Eventually some evolved into daimyo, or feudal lords who ruled specific territories independently of the central government.
In 1185 Minamoto no Yoritomo, a warlord of the eastern provinces who traced his lineage back to the imperial family, established the nation’s first military government and Japan entered its feudal period (1185-1867). The country was essentially under military rule for nearly 700 years. But the initial stability Minamoto achieved failed to bring lasting peace. Other regimes came and went, and in 1467 the national military government collapsed, plunging Japan into turmoil. Thus began the infamous Age of Wars, a bloody century of strife when local warlords fought to protect their domains and schemed to conquer rivals. By the time Japan plunged into the turbulent Age of Wars, the term samurai had come to signify armed government officials, peacekeeping officers, and professional soldiers: in short, almost anyone who carried a sword and was ready and able to exercise deadly force.
The worst of these medieval Japanese warriors were little better than street thugs; the best were fiercely loyal to their masters and true to the unwritten code of chivalrous behavior known today as Bushido (usually translated as “Precepts of Knighthood” or “Way of the Warrior”). Virtuous or villainous, the samurai emerged as the colorful central figures of Japanese history: a romantic archetype akin to Europe’s medieval knights or the American cowboy of the Wild West. But the samurai changed dramatically after Hideyoshi pacified Japan. With civil society at peace, their role as professional fighters disappeared, and they became less preoccupied with martial training and more concerned with spiritual development, teaching, and the arts. By 1867, when the public wearing of swords was outlawed and the warrior class was abolished, they had evolved into what Hideyoshi had envisioned nearly three centuries earlier: swordless samurai.
The Bushido Code
Just a few decades after Japan’s warrior class was abolished, U.S. President Teddy Roosevelt raved about a newly released book entitled Bushido: The Soul of Japan. He bought five dozen copies for family and friends. In the slim volume, which went on to become an international bestseller, author Nitobe Inazo interprets the samurai code of behavior: how chivalrous men should act in their personal and professional lives.
Nitobe Inazo
Though some scholars have criticized Nitobe’s work as romanticized yearning for a non-existent age of chivalry, there’s no question that his work builds on extraordinary thousand-year-old precepts of manhood that originated in chivalrous behavior on the part of some, though certainly not all, samurai. What today’s readers may find most enlightening about Bushido is the emphasis on compassion, benevolence, and the other non-martial qualities of true manliness. Here are Bushido’s Eight Virtues as explicated by Nitobe:
I. Rectitude or Justice
Bushido refers not only to martial rectitude, but to personal rectitude: Rectitude or Justice, is the strongest virtue of Bushido. A well-known samurai defines it this way: ‘Rectitude is one’s power to decide upon a course of conduct in accordance with reason, without wavering; to die when to die is right, to strike when to strike is right.’ Another speaks of it in the following terms: ‘Rectitude is the bone that gives firmness and stature. Without bones the head cannot rest on top of the spine, nor hands move nor feet stand. So without Rectitude neither talent nor learning can make the human frame into a samurai.’
II. Courage
Bushido distinguishes between bravery and courage: Courage is worthy of being counted among virtues only if it’s exercised in the cause of Righteousness and Rectitude. In his Analects, Confucius says: ‘Perceiving what is right and doing it not reveals a lack of Courage.’ In short, ‘Courage is doing what is right.’
III. Benevolence or Mercy
A man invested with the power to command and the power to kill was expected to demonstrate equally extraordinary powers of benevolence and mercy: Love, magnanimity, affection for others, sympathy and pity, are traits of Benevolence, the highest attribute of the human soul. Both Confucius and Mencius often said the highest requirement of a ruler of men is Benevolence.
IV. Politeness
Discerning the difference between obsequiousness and politeness can be difficult for casual visitors to Japan, but for a true man, courtesy is rooted in benevolence: Courtesy and good manners have been noticed by every foreign tourist as distinctive Japanese traits. But Politeness should be the expression of a benevolent regard for the feelings of others; it’s a poor virtue if it’s motivated only by a fear of offending good taste. In its highest form Politeness approaches love.
V. Honesty and Sincerity
True samurai, according to author Nitobe, disdained money, believing that “men must grudge money, for riches hinder wisdom.” Thus children of high-ranking samurai were raised to believe that talking about money showed poor taste, and that ignorance of the value of different coins showed good breeding: Bushido encouraged thrift, not for economical reasons so much as for the exercise of abstinence. Luxury was thought the greatest menace to manhood, and severe simplicity was required of the warrior class … the counting machine and abacus were abhorred.
VI. Honor
Though Bushido deals with the profession of soldiering, it is equally concerned with non-martial behavior: The sense of Honor, a vivid consciousness of personal dignity and worth, characterized the samurai. He was born and bred to value the duties and privileges of his profession. Fear of disgrace hung like a sword over the head of every samurai … To take offense at slight provocation was ridiculed as ‘short-tempered.’ As the popular adage put it: ‘True patience means bearing the unbearable.’
VII. Loyalty
Economic reality has dealt a blow to organizational loyalty around the world. Nonetheless, true men remain loyal to those to whom they are indebted: Loyalty to a superior was the most distinctive virtue of the feudal era. Personal fidelity exists among all sorts of men: a gang of pickpockets swears allegiance to its leader. But only in the code of chivalrous Honor does Loyalty assume paramount importance.
VIII. Character and Self-Control
Bushido teaches that men should behave according to an absolute moral standard, one that transcends logic. What’s right is right, and what’s wrong is wrong. The difference between good and bad and between right and wrong are givens, not arguments subject to discussion or justification, and a man should know the difference. Finally, it is a man’s obligation to teach his children moral standards through the model of his own behavior: The first objective of samurai education was to build up Character. The subtler faculties of prudence, intelligence, and dialectics were less important. Intellectual superiority was esteemed, but a samurai was essentially a man of action. No historian would argue that Hideyoshi personified the Eight Virtues of Bushido throughout his life. Like many great men, deep faults paralleled his towering gifts. Yet by choosing compassion over confrontation, and benevolence over belligerence, he demonstrated ageless qualities of manliness. Today his lessons could not be more timely.

E1: Some further notes. Stolen from Wikipedia.

Eight virtues of Bushidō (as envisioned by Nitobe Inazō)[edit]
The bushidō code is typified by eight virtues:[38]
Be acutely honest throughout your dealings with all people. Believe in justice, not from other people, but from yourself. To the true warrior, all points of view are deeply considered regarding honesty, justice and integrity. Warriors make a full commitment to their decisions.
Hiding like a turtle in a shell is not living at all. A true warrior must have heroic courage. It is absolutely risky. It is living life completely, fully and wonderfully. Heroic courage is not blind. It is intelligent and strong.
Through intense training and hard work the true warrior becomes quick and strong. They are not as most people. They develop a power that must be used for good. They have compassion. They help their fellow men at every opportunity. If an opportunity does not arise, they go out of their way to find one.
True warriors have no reason to be cruel. They do not need to prove their strength. Warriors are not only respected for their strength in battle, but also by their dealings with others. The true strength of a warrior becomes apparent during difficult times.
When warriors say that they will perform an action, it is as good as done. Nothing will stop them from completing what they say they will do. They do not have to 'give their word'. They do not have to 'promise'. Speaking and doing are the same action.
Warriors have only one judge of honor and character, and this is themselves. Decisions they make and how these decisions are carried out are a reflection of who they truly are. You cannot hide from yourself.
Warriors are responsible for everything that they have done and everything that they have said and all of the consequences that follow. They are immensely loyal to all of those in their care. To everyone that they are responsible for, they remain fiercely true.
Associated virtues[edit]

The above may be a Christianized version.

From: http://www.medieval-life-and-times.info/medieval-knights/code-of-chivalry.htm

Code of Chivalry
Code of Chivalry

crusaders.jpg

Medieval Knights and Crusaders
Step back into history get Medieval facts and information about the Medieval Knights of the
violent period of the Middle Ages

Medieval Life and Times Home
Medieval Knights

Medieval Knights - Code of Chivalry
  • Code of Chivalry and Medieval Knights
  • Code of Chivalry
  • Read books from a history book club or watch the History Channel DVDs on Medieval Times
  • Interesting Facts and information via the Code of Chivalry
  • Code of Chivalry - Facts and interesting information about the life of a Medieval Knight
  • Code of Code of Chivalry and Courtly Love
  • Code of Chivalry
Code of Chivalry
Code of Chivalry

crusaders.jpg

Medieval Knights and Crusaders
Step back into history get Medieval facts and information about the Medieval Knights of the
violent period of the Middle Ages

Medieval Life and Times Home
Medieval Knights

Medieval Knights - Code of Chivalry
  • Code of Chivalry and Medieval Knights
  • Code of Chivalry
  • Read books from a history book club or watch the History Channel DVDs on Medieval Times
  • Interesting Facts and information via the Code of Chivalry
  • Code of Chivalry - Facts and interesting information about the life of a Medieval Knight
  • Code of Code of Chivalry and Courtly Love
  • Code of Chivalry
medieval-times-logo.gif

Code of Chivalry
Facts and interesting information about the life and times of the
Medieval Knights of England - Code of Chivalry

Code of Chivalry
There was not an authentic Code of Chivalry as such. The Code of Chivalry was a moral system which went beyond rules of combat and introduced the concept of Chivalrous conduct - qualities idealized by the Medieval knights such as bravery, courtesy, honor and great gallantry toward women. The Codes of chivalry also incorporated the notion of courtly love. The Code of Chivalry was the honor code of the knight. The Code of Chivalry was an important part of the society and lives of people who lived during the Medieval times and was understood by all.
Chivalry
Courtly Love
Knights of the Round Table
The Knight's Code of Chivalry
A knight was expected to have not only the strength and skills to face combat in the violent era of the Middle Ages but was also expected to temper this aggressive side with a chivalrous side to his nature. The ideals described in the Code of Chivalry were emphasised by the oaths and vows that were sworn in the Knighthood ceremonies of the Middle Ages and the Medieval era. These sacred oaths of combat were combined with the ideals of chivalry and with strict rules of etiquette and codes of conduct towards women.
The Code of Chivalry and the legends of King Arthur
The virtues taken as a Knight's Code of Chivalry was publicised in the poems, ballads and literary works of Medieval authors. The wandering minstrels sang these ballads and poems which described the valour and the code of chivalry followed by the Medieval knights. The Dark Age myths and legends featuring King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table further strengthen the idea of a Code of Chivalry. The Arthurian legend revolves around the Code of Chivalry which was adhered to by the Knights of the Round Table - Honour, Honesty, Valour and Loyalty.
Code of Chivalry - The Song of Roland
A Code of Chivalry was documented in an epic poem called 'The Song of Roland'. The 'Song of Roland' describes the 8th century Knights of the Dark Ages and the battles fought by the Emperor Charlemagne. The code has since been described as Charlemagne's Code of Chivalry. The Song of Roland was written between 1098-1100 and described the betrayal of Count Roland at the hand of Ganelon. Roland was a loyal defender of his liege Lord Charlemagne and his code of conduct became understood as a code of chivalry. The Code of Chivalry described in the Song of Roland and an excellent representation of the Knights Codes of Chivalry are as follows:

• To fear God and maintain His Church
  • To serve the liege lord in valour and faith
  • To protect the weak and defenceless
  • To give succour to widows and orphans
  • To refrain from the wanton giving of offence
  • To live by honour and for glory
  • To despise pecuniary reward
  • To fight for the welfare of all
  • To obey those placed in authority
  • To guard the honour of fellow knights
  • To eschew unfairness, meanness and deceit
  • To keep faith
  • At all times to speak the truth
  • To persevere to the end in any enterprise begun
  • To respect the honour of women
  • Never to refuse a challenge from an equal
  • Never to turn the back upon a foe
Of the seventeen entries in the Code of Chivalry described in the Song of Roland, at least twelve of the codes relate to acts of chivalry as opposed to acts of combat.
Code of Chivalry described by the Duke of Burgandy
The chivalric virtues of the Code of Chivalry were also described in the 14th Century by the Duke of Burgundy. The words he chose to use to describe the virtues that should be exhibited in the Knights Code of Chivalry were as follows:

• Faith
  • Charity
  • Justice
  • Sagacity
  • Prudence
  • Temperance
  • Resolution
  • Truth
  • Liberality
  • Diligence
  • Hope
  • Valour
The above virtues are featured in the Code of Chivalry as described by the Duke of Burgandy.
Code of Chivalry
The Medieval Times website provides interesting facts, history and information about knights of old which scatter the Medieval History books including the subject of Code of Chivalry. The Medieval Times Sitemap provides full details of all of the information and facts about the fascinating subject of the lives of the people who lived during the historical period of the Middle Ages. The content of this article on Medieval life and times provides free educational details, facts and information for reference and research for schools, colleges and homework for history courses and history coursework.

Last edited:
I'll point out that I rarely lie. I may be foolish, deluded or otherwise mistaken, but I have not lied to you. I have not engaged in any RP herein as yet.

Thus it be.

A superhero told me, not so long ago, that "nothing is ever won."

Worth thinking about, but offhand I tend to disagree.

Who do you believe in and by what Name?

I'm not sure that I can answer this question. What I believe in has no name, Name or otherwise.

Another Zen koan:

Keep in mind that the entire point is to address the nonrational, deep, aspects of your brain.

It took a couple weeks for this one to sink in, but beats the years that it took to understand the first one mentioned somewhere above.

When asked why he practiced zen, the student said, "Because I intend to become a Buddha.
His teacher picked up a brick and started polishing it. The student asked "What are you doing?" The teacher replied, "I am trying to make a mirror."
"How can you make a mirror by polishing a brick?"
"How can you become Buddha by doing zazen?" If you understand sitting Zen, you will know that Zen is not about sitting or laying down. If you want to learn sitting Buddha, know that sitting Buddha is without any fixed form. Do not use discrimination in the non-abiding dharma. If you practice sitting as Buddha, you must kill Buddha. If you are attached to the sitting form, you are not yet mastering the essential the essential principle."
The student heard this admonition and felt as if he had tasted sweet nectar.

hehehe. I love this one.

This is open for anyone to address, so lemme be annoying: @Flemingovia @Great Bights Mum @Praetor @El Fiji Grande @Zaz @Aerilia

Hint: why was the master polishing the brick?

E1: oh and lest I forget: @Siwale

evil grin

Last edited:
Some personal stuff:

I started a war the other day between a South American gang and one from the Mediterranean for reasons that are no one's business but mine. Both are well known. I was pissed as fuck. Both have much to lose and much to gain.

This pleases me.

Don't concern yourself boss, it'll be dealt with without your intervention.

Last edited:
Good answer, but we're "speaking" to the deep mind here, the unconscious, not the surface of it where rational thought dwells.

Let me ask another question concerning the koan: Why did the student feel as if he had tasted sweet nectar?

Last edited:
A very good answer Praetor, but let's test your understanding a bit further, so answer me this: What was the master's point?

This is the crux of the koan and has little to do with the words of the koan that were spoken, apart from a few, and what I've been addressing with these last few posts.
This is for the benefit of all who read this.
One would hope.

grin

Last edited:
Okay then.

The point here is that the master was telling the student that he'd bash his brains in with the brick if the student tried to kill Buddha in this manner. The student "tasted sweet nectar" because he survived the initial instruction and was now a true student.

There can be many buddhas, but only one Buddha.

Beautiful, isn't it?

And so simple.

grin

E1: capitalization error.

Last edited:
On to other stuff.

A few thoughts on the nature of reality.

I once believed, less that a year ago, that what was real was real. A sofa was there whether I sat in it or not. I no longer believe that to be the case. If I, or any sufficiently complex system, such as a camera or my adopted cat, is not there to see it, it exists as pure potential to be shaped however some, entirely alien, passing entity may choose to perceive it, if such can be said to "perceive" at all. Or it is pure potential with nothing there to see it.

Let me give a couple of examples, one small and one large:

Some few months ago I flipped a coin over my shoulder, barely clearing my head, onto a hardwood floor. It never landed. There was no sound, nothing. It should have landed less that a foot or so behind me. It didn't fall into my clothes or I would have felt it. I looked around a bit and found it nowhere. There was no furniture behind me or anything on which it could have soundlessly landed. A week later I found it laying near where it should have landed.
I found this interesting, but not fascinating. It was a small thing.

The second involves a larger concept. An entity that I'll call a Dark Walker. He seemed to be a human, white, with dark hair and black clothing.
To begin: I was staring down at my hand laying on a hot white plastic table sitting in the warm summer sun in front of a large bookstore. The table was a glaring white, brighter than it should have been given it's surface. Somehow I knew, at a level almost below consciousness, that I was holding a nuclear explosion at bay, capable of destroying the decent sized city that I was in. When I looked up, the Dark Walker was sitting there looking at me and smiling as if pleased [?]. There were a number of other people around and I hadn't noticed if he had been there before. He certainly was now.
I believe that I'm a nascent Dark Walker. We wander the dimensions taking what we perceive as our reality with us. This would trump everything else that I am, because of this: read the Vertigo graphic novels "Lucifer" by DC, but here's a
In the end Lucifer, after creating his own world, just wandered off and left what we perceive as reality behind. Likewise God. I believe that both became Dark Walkers. What I am I have said, but Dark Walker suits best, though Aslan is good too.

Last edited:
Back