-
-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
Campaign.001.png

Wonderess for Speaker: Continuing the Vision
Greetings to you, the citizens of our great region! It has been a great honor to serve the region as Speaker of the Regional Assembly these past months, and it is my hope that I may continue to do so. From where I stand, the term has been successful despite a late start due to the forum transfer as well as some errors that have occurred in the office. I hope to now give to you my insights into the Speakership so that I can put forward why it is I think I should have a second term.

Reliance: One thing I learned early on is that despite my tendency to want to do the work myself, trust of others in the office and giving others the chance to serve alongside me greatly increases the range of the office, builds a working bond between fellow citizens, and allows the office to set it sights on other projects besides the daily record work. I want to thank very much @Prydania and @Artemis for their patience, eagerness to learn, and excellent work. I truly could not be here before you in one piece if not for their help.

Regarding the Speaker's Staff: Currently, the Speaker's Staff consists of @Bobberino, @Yuno, @Dinoium, and @abc. I did not know how to best utilize the staff at the start of the term and actually considered disbanding it. I decided to cease the production of the Regional Assembly Digest because it was mainly a list of things that were easily accessible to the public and it in no way was adding the the conversations that illumine the Regional Assembly. Public opinion also seemed to be apathetic towards its publication which all led to my ending of that document. Currently, the staff is working with the citizenry, that is right, you, to create the first edition if the Digest's successor which shall be a collection of scholarly insights into legislation that is facing and recently has faced the chamber. This will not only inform the region of what is going on in the chamber but also adds to the conversation in a respectful and insightful way. Whether I am reelected or not, I do hope this project can come to fruition.

What Has Excited Me: There have been some developments in the office that have really given me a joy for the job that I do. Firstly, I have loved the two assemblies we have had through the Voice to Excellence Program. Hearing citizens provide feedback and speak as a community to help improve legislation in a respectful way is exactly the type of moments I hoped for when I first considered running, and I am happy I could be a small part of allowing more opportunities for that to happen. I am also very impressed with the amount of activity that has graced the Regional Assembly these past months, though I cannot say that it is because anything I have done. However, I have enjoyed reading the many points of view and ideas that have come from it. This office is a union of record keeping and fostering community and I have enjoyed both these aspects immensely.

Citizenship Checks: The Christmas season seems to have brought more applications which is an excellent sign of growth in the citizenry. Thanks to @Siwale now those faithful members of the region who frequent the Regional Message Board have the opportunity to become and remain members of our regional family and take part in the discussions and elections that define our region's future. Purges currently occur every other day which allows time for them to build um while not allowing them to just sit in the roll for too long. I find this is a good balance that once again Artemis and Prydania have been very helpful with.

We Go On: Above all, I want to continue to serve the region because I love what I do and I believe that I can continue the trend of increasing dialogues within the RA. I know not everything has been perfect, but these mistakes have helped me to be a better public servant. Please ask any questions or voice your concerns below. It is mainly by interacting with you the people I serve that I become a better Speaker and a better citizen so please don't be shy. I hope that your new year may be excellent!

In faith to The North Pacific,
Wonderess

eg37np.png

Last edited:
You have my vote. Your programs and diligence have revitalized the Regional Assembly in my opinion, and you've shattered the Speaker's Curse. Here's to another term!

You are a good Speaker :) Keep up the good work

"you've shatteredthe Speaker's Curse."
oh c'mon, Abc wasn't bad either, he did good too with opening/closing votes and Digests.

Good luck. That seems like an effective campaign, and you seem to have taken on board lessons from your time as speaker.

You have my vote. Your programs and diligence have revitalized the Regional Assembly in my opinion, and you've shattered the Speaker's Curse. Here's to another term!

You are a good Speaker :) Keep up the good work

"you've shatteredthe Speaker's Curse."
oh c'mon, Abc wasn't bad either, he did good too with opening/closing votes and Digests.

Good luck on your re-election!

Good luck. That seems like an effective campaign, and you seem to have taken on board lessons from your time as speaker.

Thank y'all for your kind words.

@Owen The Administration must first do their checks. Legally, you are a citizen though a failed check would cancel it.
Could you clarify this post from the Citizenship Application topic. The law on this matter is quite clear and it seems to indicate a rather startling lack of knowledge on your part, which is unfortunate, because I think you've been an interesting speaker.
5. Forum administration will have 14 days to evaluate the citizenship applicant and verify that they are not using a proxy or evading a judicially-imposed penalty. The Vice Delegate will have 3 days to perform a security evaluation and pass or fail the applicant. The Vice Delegate must consult the Security Council if there is reasonable concern as to whether an applicant should be admitted.
6. The Speaker will reject applicants who fail an evaluation by either forum administration or the Vice Delegate.
7. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by the Vice Delegate, the Regional Assembly shall immediately debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. The vote must begin two days after the rejection occurs.
8. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote.
9. The Speaker will accept all other applicants with valid applications.
10. The Speaker will process applications within 14 days. If an applicant has not been approved or rejected within that time, they will be automatically granted citizenship.

Could you clarify this post from the Citizenship Application topic. The law on this matter is quite clear and it seems to indicate a rather startling lack of knowledge on your part, which is unfortunate, because I think you've been an interesting speaker.
While I am not the candidate, the same question was asked in TNP's Discord server and the candidate in question answered there. Here is the conversation on the subject for those interested. Times are GMT-7.
tl;dr: The candidate made an error and learned from that error.
[9:11 PM] Wonderess: @Erastide because they are a citizen according to the language and application date.
[9:12 PM] Wonderess: The citizenship is dependent on the passage of checks but I believe it is granted the moment the Speaker's check is achieved
[9:12 PM] Erastide: no
[9:12 PM] mcmasterdonia: Wow
[9:12 PM] Erastide: way to open yourself up to lawsuit XD
[9:12 PM] mcmasterdonia: The Speaker cannot give citizenship unless the Vice Delegate and admin have passed their checks. Or the time period has lapsed.
[9:13 PM] mcmasterdonia: You can say their citizenship is conditional upon x and y
[9:13 PM] mcmasterdonia: That means they don’t get citizenship until the other criteria are met
[9:13 PM] Wonderess: Then why is the roll date showing time of application rather than time of all checks passing?
[9:16 PM] Erastide: lol
[9:17 PM] Erastide: law vs spreadsheet
[9:18 PM] Wonderess: This is the operative clause
6. The Speaker will reject applicants who fail an evaluation by either forum administration or the Vice Delegate.
[9:18 PM] Wonderess: I reject citizenship of those who fail the check
[9:19 PM] Wonderess: Though is there not a clause that states absolutely when citizenship is granted?
[9:20 PM] Erastide: applicant /=/ citizen
[9:20 PM] Sev: TO THE COURTS
[9:20 PM] Darcania: Worth noting, Eras, the sheet isn't wrong. The date of application field is in the pending sheet. The sheet containing the Speaker's official registry lists that column as the date the nation gained Citizenship.
[9:20 PM] Sev: RFR
[9:20 PM] mcmasterdonia: So you accept it and then reject them after you’ve already given them citizenship, Wondo?
[9:21 PM] mcmasterdonia: Assuming you’ve given them citizenship before the other checks have passed.
[9:21 PM] Wonderess: I don't know, that was my impression because I thought the Speaker's check was the line.
[9:21 PM] mcmasterdonia: That doesn’t sound right
[9:21 PM] mcmasterdonia: It’s not based on what the law says
[9:21 PM] Wonderess: I think the line is worth defining in any case though.
[9:22 PM] mcmasterdonia: The line is defined
[9:22 PM] Wonderess: If not in the law then where?
[9:22 PM] mcmasterdonia: It’s once all the checks have passed or the time has lapsed
[9:22 PM] mcmasterdonia: It is in the law
[9:23 PM] Wonderess: Then we need to consider the case of a Speaker moving a nation to the citizenship list before checks are completed.
[9:23 PM] mcmasterdonia: It says you will accept all other valid applications
[9:23 PM] Wonderess: I thought in the past that has granted citizenship.
[9:23 PM] mcmasterdonia: The citizenship list is just a list
[9:23 PM] Wonderess: The list is the ultimate authority on who is a citizen
[9:23 PM] mcmasterdonia: They should not have citizenship rights until they fully meet the requirements(edited)
[9:23 PM] Darcania: an official list enshrined in law under legal code 6.2 clause 11
[9:24 PM] mcmasterdonia: Adding people to the list who shouldn’t have citizenship does not automatically override the other requirements
[9:24 PM] mcmasterdonia: That is illogical
[9:24 PM] Wonderess: I swear I thought I saw a court case that talked about this
[9:24 PM] mcmasterdonia: If you’ve been editing the list too early, that’s your fault.
[9:24 PM] Wonderess: Well I have not as this is a hypothetical to help shed light on our previous points
[9:25 PM] mcmasterdonia: But it doesn’t mean someone is legally a citizen
[9:29 PM] Wonderess: Here is a relevant discussion https://forum.thenorthpacific.org/topic/7103606/
[9:⁠30 PM] mcmasterdonia: From 2013. The law has changed since then.
[9:⁠30 PM] Wonderess: oy
[9:⁠30 PM] Wonderess: Silly String asked me about a couple of cases last election cycle and one of them had to do with citizenship checks.
[9:⁠31 PM] Artemis: That was at a time when the RA and citizenship were separate as well.
[9:⁠31 PM] BMWSurfer: 6 years is an eternity in NS
[9:⁠33 PM] COE: They are not a citizen until they pass all three checks. The citizenship date in the rolls should be the date they passed the third check
[9:⁠33 PM] COE: I invented the concept of conditionally admitting applicants as a way to streamline the process, so that I did not have to wait for admins to check applicants before evaluating their application
[9:⁠34 PM] COE: But the only effect is the order in which the checks are done
[9:⁠34 PM] COE: It is true that the speaker's announcements of citizenship are performative - that is, someone becomes a citizen when the speaker says they're a citizen
[9:⁠35 PM] COE: But saying "they're a citizen conditional on passing the admin check" means that they will become a citizen when the admin check is passed, not before
[9:⁠35 PM] mcmasterdonia: yeah and it meant we could mask them right away
[9:⁠35 PM] COE: exactly
[9:⁠35 PM] mcmasterdonia: Rather than doing the check, returning to the thread, and remasking
[9:⁠36 PM] Wonderess: @COE that explains the language then which sheds light on the situation. Thanks.
[9:⁠37 PM] Wonderess: The comment has been edited to account for this, though the inquirer has already passed all checks.

5. Forum administration will have 14 days to evaluate the citizenship applicant and verify that they are not using a proxy or evading a judicially-imposed penalty. The Vice Delegate will have 3 days to perform a security evaluation and pass or fail the applicant. The Vice Delegate must consult the Security Council if there is reasonable concern as to whether an applicant should be admitted.
7. If an applicant is rejected for failing an evaluation by the Vice Delegate, the Regional Assembly shall immediately debate the rejection and will hold a majority vote on whether to uphold it. The vote must begin two days after the rejection occurs.
8. The Regional Assembly may overturn a previous decision to uphold the rejection of an applicant by majority vote.
9. The Speaker will accept all other applicants with valid applications.
10. The Speaker will process applications within 14 days. If an applicant has not been approved or rejected within that time, they will be automatically granted citizenship.
There has just been a discussion of this topic on Discord. My understanding was that the Speaker's check in itself granted citizenship while failing checks would then revoke it given the language of the checks and the fact that the date of application itself is the start date of citizenship according to the Citizenship Roll.

@Crushing Our Enemies explained that the "conditional" language was utilized to allow speaker checks to occur before the other checks though he states that the Speaker's Check is "performative" and citizenship is granted when the speaker says so. It was this concept that I was drawing on for my statement but the knowledge about the order change and why that language is used showed me the more nuanced reality. Regardless, the statement has been edited to be correct though the inquirer has already passed all checks and has been granted citizenship.

the fact that the date of application itself is the start date of citizenship according to the Citizenship Roll.
Hate to interject again:
[9:20 PM] Darcania: Worth noting, Eras, the sheet isn't wrong. The date of application field is in the pending sheet. The sheet containing the Speaker's official registry lists that column as the date the nation gained Citizenship.
Column B, "Date of Application", of the unofficial Pending sheet does list the date of application, due to the time limit for the various checks (3 days for the Vice Delegate, 14 days for forum administration and the Speaker). However, the official Citizens sheet has column C, "Date joined", which lists "...the day that they have gained citizenship ... in GMT." The spreadsheet does not, at least in my view, imply that the date of application is the date an applicant gains Citizenship.

Hate to interject again:

Column B, "Date of Application", of the unofficial Pending sheet does list the date of application, due to the time limit for the various checks (3 days for the Vice Delegate, 14 days for forum administration and the Speaker). However, the official Citizens sheet has column C, "Date joined", which lists "...the day that they have gained citizenship ... in GMT." The spreadsheet does not, at least in my view, imply that the date of application is the date an applicant gains Citizenship.
Well, then I don't understand the purpose of the column other than just as a record unless some check in the past has referenced the column. Also, should we then consider recording the actual date that citizenship is granted?

Well, then I don't understand the purpose of the column other than just as a record unless some check in the past has referenced the column. Also, should we then consider recording the actual date that citizenship is granted?
I am not the Speaker, so that would be more up to you. Column C is meant to list the date citizenship is granted for various record-keeping purposes, including the Election Commission's candidacy cutoff date. As such, at least in my eyes, keeping that column accurate according to its purpose would be best.

Considering you still remain uncertain at best regarding several nuances of the Speakership, would you endeavor to appoint an experienced Speaker from the past to either your Deputies or your staff, rather than filling it entirely with people who are either new to the office or who have never had direct experience with it?

I am not the Speaker, so that would be more up to you. Column C is meant to list the date citizenship is granted for various record-keeping purposes, including the Election Commission's candidacy cutoff date. As such, at least in my eyes, keeping that column accurate according to its purpose would be best.

Considering you still remain uncertain at best regarding several nuances of the Speakership, would you endeavor to appoint an experienced Speaker from the past to either your Deputies or your staff, rather than filling it entirely with people who are either new to the office or who have never had direct experience with it?
I believe any citizen who fills this office will have to learn in it. I assure you my knowledge of the office is not complete though I endeavor to diminish that reality. I would very much like to have a veteran in the office. Last time around, many were in the Executive which made them ineligible, and another I had discussed the matter with left NS before I had the chance to talk further about it.

start do to the
small nitpick: due

Regarding the Speaker's Staff: Currently, the Speaker's Staff consists of @Bobberino, @Yuno, @Dinoium, and @abc. I did not know how to best utilize the staff at the start of the term and actually considered disbanding it. I decided to cease the production of the Regional Assembly Digest because it was mainly a list of things that were easily accessible to the public and it in no way was adding the the conversations that illumine the Regional Assembly. Public opinion also seemed to be apathetic towards its publication which all led to my ending of that document. Currently, the staff is working with the citizenry, that is right, you, to create the first edition if the Digest's successor which shall be a collection of scholarly insights into legislation that is facing and recently has faced the chamber. This will not only inform the region of what is going on in the chamber but also adds to the conversation in a respectful and insightful way. Whether I am reelected or not, I do hope this project can come to fruition.
This turned from the Speaker's staff into your Digest successor project really quick there. It still sounds like you give little regard to the staff, seeing as you barely mentioned them. What where the difficulties you experienced with your staff (in more detail, please) and how will you improve upon it?

This turned from the Speaker's staff into your Digest successor project really quick there. It still sounds like you give little regard to the staff, seeing as you barely mentioned them. What where the difficulties you experienced with your staff (in more detail, please) and how will you improve upon it?
...wau ;)

Well, Artemis and Prydania have done everything that I have told them to do. I struggle to see the full point of the Speaker's Staff when I already have Deputy Ministers aiding me in my duties. I decided to keep the staff around and employ them for the sake of the RA Digest's successor. There have been deadlines related to this project and I am still waiting for @Dinoium to report what I have asked of him. I am unsure of the reasons why he has not reported as of yet, but I still expect the staff to do its job until the new Speaker enters office whether it is me or someone else.

At least for me, I saw the Speaker's Staff as a gateway to being in the office; a way to train future Deputies. Would you agree with this description and if so, what steps would you take to make the Speaker's Staff an effective and helpful part of the office?

At least for me, I saw the Speaker's Staff as a gateway to being in the office; a way to train future Deputies. Would you agree with this description and if so, what steps would you take to make the Speaker's Staff an effective and helpful part of the office?
I see the speakership as something that does not change often enough to have like 5 "crown princes." I think Deputy Speakers are the ones considered ready to take the helm and then their deputies thereafter. The Staff's main use would be to help with publication production. I have Prydania and Artemis each mentoring one, and I have been present to see them train their assignees in VC. So there is definitely a learning aspect but maybe for the sake of becoming a Deputy Speaker and then Speaker.

Wonderess, it is no secret that you and I do not see eye to eye on many things. It is also no secret that I supported your opponent for this office in the September election, despite the fact that he resigned in the middle of his term after leaving his deputy to do all the work for weeks before a recall as initiated the last time he was Speaker. To every extent possible I have tried to keep such disagreements from coloring my impression of you in this role and separating them from the political disagreements within the region which obviously are of a very different nature. I have not always been successful, and you may think my post here is evidence that I am unsuccessful in that effort once again. I do hope you see this as coming from a good place, and from one that has nothing to do with my view of you outside this game. Sometimes the outside stuff bleeds in, and sometimes it cannot help but bleed in when it speaks to someone's worldview and how they engage with other people, but I know you make the same effort and I appreciate that you try.

With all of that said, now that I have been able to evaluate an elected term (albeit abbreviated) in office, I must say that I find it rather lacking. This is a job that I held, and one that I took pride in. I stand by the work I and the rest of the Speaker's Office accomplished in that term, and I managed to do all of that as a complete outsider to the office, having not been a deputy prior to my election. I had access to the exact same documents you did, the laws were virtually the same then as they are today, the standing procedure you use was last edited by me, which means that it was the same as when I was Speaker. And yet somehow you continue to be caught unaware by how to perform the tasks that you must do. You have stated that it is a learning process, and you are right. Things come up and sometimes they have to come up before you can even know how to handle the situation. No two Speakers face the same set of challenges. But I feel the problem with you is not the specific mistakes and misjudgments you have made, but the underlying cause of those misjudgments. Part of the learning process involves learning, which means gathering the facts and studying the issue before you apply what you have learned. Making mistakes is one way we learn, but it doesn't have to be the only way. In many cases asking for help or advice, particularly from former Speakers, would have saved you a lot of grief. A second Wonderess term I hope would involve a lot more reliance on people who could help you figure out potential problems before they happen and would involve a lot less reversal. This is an important and complex job, you are not expected to immediately know exactly how to do everything and to do it alone.

Okay, now I will briefly cover your platform. You are extolling the fact you perform "purges" (which are really just the second type of citizenship check, but I grant he word isn't a huge deal) every other day. You don't want them to build up too much, but you want to make sure you get a nice list of names when you do check I guess. The thing is, there is literally no reason why you cannot do these every day, especially with two trained and capable deputies. As far as I am concerned, the law expects you to do these as soon as practicable, and purposely choosing to look the other way every other day is needless and arguably disregarding the law. Checking applicants can also be done every other day using the exact same logic, but you wouldn't do that would you?

The Speaker's Staff is something I pioneered, so it's something I really take an interest in. I really liked the concept but the execution is always difficult, because only deputies can do your duties, and the staff was conceived explicitly for people who would not be deputies, but would perform non-essential tasks for the office. In practice this meant writing and releasing the digest and freshening up FAQ and RA information. This was probably the more important thing I wanted from my staff, but it never bore fruit. The kind of thing you appear to be working on, in my view, marries the two into one project. I think it has a lot of potential and I would like to see how it pans out. It isn't surprising you had trouble putting the staff to work given how little there is for them to practically do, but you're underestimating the utility of the staff for the longevity of the office. It is good you tasked deputies with mentoring the staff, because the staff is the future of the office. This is not a job that is for everyone, and it is very tough for newcomers to get their bearings. That is why mentoring is vital to a successful deputy and future successful speaker, and why someone who was not previously a Deputy Speaker typically doesn't win the election. The original staff included abc and Yuno, both of whom eventually went on to become deputies and in abc's case, Speaker. And they had a better understanding of the work they would do as deputies because while they did not perform the tasks, they were trained in how to perform them and were tested. Maybe a future Speaker can find a more interesting or effective way to handle this training, but I think it's good and should be pursued.

I won't rehash your errors, you know what they are and you won't (I expect) be making them again. But with them in mind, I'm curious, given that you as the Speaker can modify a great deal of procedure all by yourself, are there any standing procedures you would consider altering to nip some of these issues in the bud? Or maybe something you just think may be problematic or in need of updating or changing? Obviously changing standing procedures wouldn't have changed...well, probably any of the mistakes you did make. But it is conceivable it can avoid (or cause?) future problems. In any case, is that an area you considered exploring?

Have fun with all this, and good luck.

@Pallaith Thank you for your detailed and truthful response to me. I think your critiques are all valid. When it comes to my errors, I do think that they have occurred because of a failed dialogue with the law as in something is present by nuance of the law and not explicitly so such as in the case of the wording for the vote that followed the failing Vice Delegate check. I was once asked if the Speaker's Office had a legal advisor to help understand the law and its principles regarding the Regional Assembly and Speakership and I said no. I may appoint a Deputy Speaker next term whose soul purpose is to play that role and also be very familiar with historic court cases having to do with the office. The Executive has the Attorney General so I think it could be beneficial to have an informal equivalent.

When it comes to the removal of inactive citizens I must push back. I do citizen applications daily because I know the eagerness of waiting to become a citizen and dedicated member of this community officially. There is no one excitedly waiting to lose citizenship on the other hand. Might I add that I legally have 14 days to do citizenship checks for admission which I argue is more readily important than the removals.

The Speaker's Staff can be very helpful with publications and the secondary work of the office and I have no issue with keeping that body around to learn about the office as a whole and continuing this function.

I do not plan to change any procedures. I feel like there is a train wreck in there ready to happen so I am not taking the chance of altering any procedures lest it end up clashing with a law or causing unforseen confusion. My area of strength is communal facilitation and providing the incentive and opportunity for continuing dialogue. So I am doing the legally necessary operations of the office, but I am also focused on the legally unnecessary which I think has equal importance to the former.

Overall, I know that my time has not been perfect, but I think what I have started to build should be seen to completion in term two and I honestly believe that the RA, region, and office of Speaker will be better for it.

What do you see being your biggest challenge for the next term if elected?

What do you see being your biggest challenge for the next term if elected?
Of the ones I can see, I believe my current legislation which would bring the Executive to the RA for questions and informing the citizenry of ministerial actions. I think I can make it a reality, but I will need to have an open and lengthy dialogue with the next government and the citizens to get it just right. I think this is a step in the right direction that will provide the RA with more consistent activity and an education on the functioning of our government. Voice to Excellence and the record things are pretty stable and predictable so I don't see much issue coming from them. I also need to assess what the makeup of my next office will look like.

Well, Artemis and Prydania have done everything that I have told them to do. I struggle to see the full point of the Speaker's Staff when I already have Deputy Ministers aiding me in my duties. I decided to keep the staff around and employ them for the sake of the RA Digest's successor. There have been deadlines related to this project and I am still waiting for @Dinoium to report what I have asked of him. I am unsure of the reasons why he has not reported as of yet, but I still expect the staff to do its job until the new Speaker enters office whether it is me or someone else.
I apologize for asking you a question so late and only you. However, this statement jumped out at me.

Dino is your staff member, you may hire and fire as you please. If he has posed such an issue, it would be up to you to address it and investigate why he is not performing up to par. If he does not respond, given his activity, it would seem quite logical to dismiss him. It seems strange to me that you would have a single staff member (not even a Deputy) hold up the successor to the RA's Digest.

Why are you blaming your staff, singling out a particular individual, for a failure on your part to managing a project?

I apologize for asking you a question so late and only you. However, this statement jumped out at me.

Dino is your staff member, you may hire and fire as you please. If he has posed such an issue, it would be up to you to address it and investigate why he is not performing up to par. If he does not respond, given his activity, it would seem quite logical to dismiss him. It seems strange to me that you would have a single staff member (not even a Deputy) hold up the successor to the RA's Digest.

Why are you blaming your staff, singling out a particular individual, for a failure on your part to managing a project?
I would liek to note that I am very busy at the moment and unable to get the part of it. You have two other Staffers who you can assign it to or not publish that part anyways. I am also unsure of how it mostly works. You had a deadline set and neither me and Bob were able to finish by then. You should still have 2 more staffers. Why are you pushing the deadline more and more or assign it to someone else?

Bob and abc are also assigned parts of the project, Praetor. I will consider the status of Dino's place in the staff after the election if I remain. Removing anyone from the office for any reason at this time would not be a wise decision in my eye so I have decided not to consider personnel changes until after everything is settled and decided.

I would liek to note that I am very busy at the moment and unable to get the part of it. You have two other Staffers who you can assign it to or not publish that part anyways. I am also unsure of how it mostly works. You had a deadline set and neither me and Bob were able to finish by then. You should still have 2 more staffers. Why are you pushing the deadline more and more or assign it to someone else?
I did not imagine finding two people who would agree to write would be that hard a task. Regardless, I will reassert the assignment from scratch after so that there is no confusion and so that it can get off the ground and out to the people in an efficient timetable.

I did not imagine finding two people who would agree to write would be that hard a task. Regardless, I will reassert the assignment from scratch after so that there is no confusion and so that it can get off the ground and out to the people in an efficient timetable.
Alright. I also don't want to hold up your project. I want it to come out. It's just I don't have the time at the moment.

Anyways, I wish you good luck on the election once again!

Bob and abc are also assigned parts of the project, Praetor. I will consider the status of Dino's place in the staff after the election if I remain. Removing anyone from the office for any reason at this time would not be a wise decision in my eye so I have decided not to consider personnel changes until after everything is settled and decided.
I remain confused.

In your original post I referred to, you specifically singled out Dinoium for not completing his tasks. Were bob and abc unable to complete their assigned tasks as well?

I do not understand why you would specifically single out certain members of your staff and place blame on the project not reaching fruition on them, and not accepting responsibility yourself.

I do understand the decision to not make any changes in staff at this time.

I remain confused.

In your original post I referred to, you specifically singled out Dinoium for not completing his tasks. Were bob and abc unable to complete their assigned tasks as well?

I do not understand why you would specifically single out certain members of your staff and place blame on the project not reaching fruition on them, and not accepting responsibility yourself.

I do understand the decision to not make any changes in staff at this time.
Bob was able to complete the assignment and give me two names. Abc came to the staff in the middle of the assignment so I allowed him to wait until the other two gave me their names so he wouldn't end up asking the same people to write for the project.

It's sad to see that you didn't make it to the runoff vote but I would like to thank you for at least running. You were a great opponent this election. :)

a0vxvn.png

A Thanks and Continuance
My dear friends of the region, I want to thank you for allowing me the opportunity to serve as your Speaker this past term. It has been an experience that I am proud of. How many can say that they served as Speaker for the largest region in NationStates? I feel so privileged to have been a part of this region's history and to have done what I can to help its continual success. I know the future of the office shall be in good hands no matter who serves it.

To @Dinoium and @Artemis I would like to say a few particular words. The Speakership is a beautiful thing that must be treated well and given the fullness of your ideas and passion in NS. I ask that you do not just think of it in terms of records or procedurally starting and ending votes. Rather see it all in the context of what it is you can do to foster the community of TNP, the good of each nation/person, and the betterment of the Speakership itself by your actions and ideas. Too often do people go through the motions and lose sight of the magnificence in what their job in government is and its place in the whole. I hope and pray that you may never lose sight of that.

I would like to tell you my plans for the future here in the region. I will continue to be a devoted citizen of TNP, and I hope to find those capacities in which my gifts and talents can be best utilized. I currently have my bill on the RA floor that I will continue to work with as well as a story to tell in Sutherland, my role play nation. What I prize most about this regional community of ours are the interactions. It is the human aspect of what we do that truly makes everything we do here even more special. That being said I am looking forward to laughing with you, thinking with you, celebrating with you, and making the most of the time we all share together here in TNP. If we stand to make something of it all, then I know that great good will ensue. Thank you all once again for believing in me and this opportunity. May God be with you always.

In faith,

Wonderess

You were undoubtedly the best speaker we've had in years. Your term will be remembered.

Wonderess,

Thank you for your service to the North Pacific this past term as Speaker. Thank you for taking the chance and appointing me as a Deputy Speaker during your term. I have learned much about the office and its duties thanks to you. I look forward to seeing what you do next.

Back