-
-
-
TNP Nation
Xagill
Discord
Rocketdog
ox0m5e6.png

Today I humbly ask for your vote for the Vice Delegacy. As your former minister for Communications and Home Affairs, I hope that these positions of leadership help me learn the office of the Vice Delegate. I am going to make my campaign short and sweet!

There are two major goals that I wish to achieve during my term, getting the all Security Councillors to a minimum of 850 endorsements and potentially 875 by the end of the term. To achieve this through the WADP, endotarting and SC alerts. Furthermore I am hoping to organise an endorsement even for Security Councillors only. This will further help with my second goal as well, greater activity and presence by Security Councillors

To help with this, I am hoping to do a monthly Q and A with various Security Councillors to ask questions both about the Security Council and the background of Security Councillors. I hope this will allow people on gameside, not interacting with the forums to interact and ask questions. To complement this I am hoping to do theme days/weeks, I know this has been said in the past, but I am interested in seeing this idea to work.

Lastly on the finer points of making the office work. I am hoping to make Vice Delegate checks as soon as possible with a maximum 8hr wait. WADP awards will be released on time – the last day of every month. Finally, if there is time still left, I will try to make threads from the Security Council disclosed to the public, with the permission of the Security Council of course.

As always, I am open to questions and concerns about what I planned if I get elected.

Good luck Brendog!

I know this is cliche, but I feel it really applies here: If at first you don't succeed, try, try again!

You, good sir, have my vote. You are highly-qualified, of unassailable integrity. You are the man for the job. Good luck! :tnp:

While I don't myself have experience with regional security, I find your ideas not only sound but intriguing. Your campaign promises seem achievable and well-grounded.

Brendog, I'm glad to see you pursuing this office again. We were opponents, just as the VD before me was an opponent of yours. I am sure those campaigns and observing the terms that passed after them were a big help for you figuring out what a prospective VD needs to do this job well, and I think it has polished your campaign a bit compared to the first time. Of course your opponent this time is another member of the SC who has really sunk his teeth into he job, so you still have your work cut out for you. I want to give you an opportunity to really flesh out not only your proposals but your knowledge on these matters generally. I would say my vote for VD is probably locked in, but I'm always open to being surprised and swayed by someone's argument, so bear with me, these may be a bit long but I would love to hear your responses.

As the current occupant on his way out, this job is near and dear to my heart. So I would like to know what your intentions are regarding the weekly endorsement checks that are currently performed by the VD. Will you continue them, change them in some way?

One of your goals is to get the SC endorsement levels between 850 and 875. This is reminiscent of Deropia's old goal of hitting 900 consistently. As the weekly checks have shown, there is a lot of fluctuation, and without active endotarting numbers trend downward pretty quickly. The alerts have a clear effect of boosting those levels, but it's very brief. The number of endorsements for most SC members most of the time tracked has been between 800 and 900, with most consistently falling between 830 and 875 endorsements. In other words, your goal is arguably status quo, so I assume then that what you're aiming to do is change the baseline which is basically 800, and get it moderately higher as opposed to the height Deropia had sought. I'm not really sure there's a question in here, but you could share your knowledge/thoughts on these facts, as I feel they will play a big role in how you pursue this goal if you are elected.

I like the idea of theme week and am intrigued by this SC-only event. How would that work just loosely off the top of your head? Considering endotarting is part of our regular job, and we can win the achievements the WADP just established, what other incentives or rewards do you think would be possible to put stakes on the competition?

As for disclosure, it comes up a lot and the VD ultimately doesn't throw the doors open. You say you would do it with the SC's permission, which is good because they will not be shy about saying no if they don't like the proposal, but I just want to know, what is the criteria for you personally? What situations or discussions would you feel should be or shouldn't be disclosed, or do you have no limits in mind at all? Is the current amount of disclosure insufficient, is there information that you think is missing, or is it more of a general changing the process, broadening the access compared to what we have now?

Finally, given how much you have pursued this office, have you ever considered seeking a position on the SC itself?

Brendog, I'm glad to see you pursuing this office again. We were opponents, just as the VD before me was an opponent of yours. I am sure those campaigns and observing the terms that passed after them were a big help for you figuring out what a prospective VD needs to do this job well, and I think it has polished your campaign a bit compared to the first time. Of course your opponent this time is another member of the SC who has really sunk his teeth into he job, so you still have your work cut out for you. I want to give you an opportunity to really flesh out not only your proposals but your knowledge on these matters generally. I would say my vote for VD is probably locked in, but I'm always open to being surprised and swayed by someone's argument, so bear with me, these may be a bit long but I would love to hear your responses.

As the current occupant on his way out, this job is near and dear to my heart. So I would like to know what your intentions are regarding the weekly endorsement checks that are currently performed by the VD. Will you continue them, change them in some way?

One of your goals is to get the SC endorsement levels between 850 and 875. This is reminiscent of Deropia's old goal of hitting 900 consistently. As the weekly checks have shown, there is a lot of fluctuation, and without active endotarting numbers trend downward pretty quickly. The alerts have a clear effect of boosting those levels, but it's very brief. The number of endorsements for most SC members most of the time tracked has been between 800 and 900, with most consistently falling between 830 and 875 endorsements. In other words, your goal is arguably status quo, so I assume then that what you're aiming to do is change the baseline which is basically 800, and get it moderately higher as opposed to the height Deropia had sought. I'm not really sure there's a question in here, but you could share your knowledge/thoughts on these facts, as I feel they will play a big role in how you pursue this goal if you are elected.

I like the idea of theme week and am intrigued by this SC-only event. How would that work just loosely off the top of your head? Considering endotarting is part of our regular job, and we can win the achievements the WADP just established, what other incentives or rewards do you think would be possible to put stakes on the competition?

As for disclosure, it comes up a lot and the VD ultimately doesn't throw the doors open. You say you would do it with the SC's permission, which is good because they will not be shy about saying no if they don't like the proposal, but I just want to know, what is the criteria for you personally? What situations or discussions would you feel should be or shouldn't be disclosed, or do you have no limits in mind at all? Is the current amount of disclosure insufficient, is there information that you think is missing, or is it more of a general changing the process, broadening the access compared to what we have now?

Finally, given how much you have pursued this office, have you ever considered seeking a position on the SC itself?
Thank you for queries! I always like answering questions as it always helps other citizens who have similar questions but afraid to ask them.

1. I do hope to continue the weekly endorsement checks that you have started. In my opinion, it is fine as it currently is. I will obviously consider any ideas to improve it people suggest them.

2. I think we are on the same lines. I am trying to get the base endorsement from ~800 to a minimum of ~850. As you said earlier these endorsements fluctuate. I am hoping to use my proposed theme days/weeks combined with a SC-only event to increase the 'base endorsements'

3. The theme week and the SC-only event will be happening around the same time. Obviously, during these theme weeks, a particular SCer will be promoted. During these themed weeks a number of events will happen, depending on the activity of the SCer. I can be a AMA on the RMB, answering questions from nations that endorsed them during the event. There will probably be more awards depending on the theme. In terms of the WADP rewards maybe some competitions like best endotarting telegram as selected via the SC or some other body. Honestly, some competition that gets the community involved and honours nations that otherwise may not be in the top 10 or even top 50 lists of a category.

4. I obviously haven't seen how sensitive some topics are in the Security Council. I think all threads containing votes on the admission of a candidate to the SC should be public. I am willing to publicise discussions about candidates provided that some parts are redacted if needed. I believe that the current amount of disclosure can be increased, broadening access to more topics, even if parts of it are redacted.

5. I have considered becoming a SCer when I was a minister. I, unfortunately, did not have the endorsements and influence due to my commitments to the NPA. Regardless of this election I definitely am planning to apply to the SC in the near future.

As always I am open to further questions if you want more in-depth analysis.
Will you commit to pushing through more funding from the TNP Government to renovate the Security Council's secret prison camp and reeducation facility?
I have not seen such I think yet. I will determine my actions depending on the situation.

It's good to see you running Brendog :D Good luck!

You, good sir, have my vote. You are highly-qualified, of unassailable integrity. You are the man for the job. Good luck! :tnp:

While I don't myself have experience with regional security, I find your ideas not only sound but intriguing. Your campaign promises seem achievable and well-grounded.
Thank you peeps!

Back