Status
Not open for further replies.

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
The Security Council previously nominated Nessuno for a seat on the Security Council. As the nomination has not been revoked, the Chair now presents this nomination to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

Given that that nomination is from 2015, and it was 2 Ayes, 1 Nay, 4 Abstains, and 3 Not Voting, I would be interested in hearing the Security Council's current opinion on Nessuno.

I would like to ask a few questions of Nessuno:

Why do you wish to serve on the Security Council?

If there is one thing that you could improve about the Security Council, what would it be?

Do you think there should be any amendments to the Security Council Procedure?

What is the best type of dog?

What other regions are you currently involved in? What positions do you hold in other regions?

What past regions have you been involved with? What positions did you hold in those regions?

On a scale of 0 to Artemis, please rate your friendship with McM.

Nessie is a long-time member of TNP who maintains a strong presence across all community platforms. He has served in a number of government positions; most notably as the current Lead Gameside Advocate and a former Security Councillor. It is clear that Nessie isn't in it to boost his resume. He is here to help his community in any way he can and have fun in the process. For example, through his work as Lead Gameside Advocate, Nessie was instrumental in launching Meet the RMB, a program which brought government officials from all branches of government to the RMB to address questions (both silly and serious) and engage with the greater gameside community. One quick glance at just about any of Nessie's RMB posts shows you just the kind of person he is: caring, thoughtful, and level-headed. He goes out of his way to provide newcomers with advice, treats all nations with respect, and handles RMB rule-breakers in a professional and just manner. Nessie has also proven to be an effective endorsement gatherer through consistent endorsing of new WAs in the region. He currently has a endorsement count of 710 that continues to trend upwards and an influence level of 263,786 that follows a similar trend.

Nessie is what I consider to be a model applicant for the Security Council. The unique balance between gameside and forumside activity, current and former government experience, rich endotarting history, and a strong personality makes him a highly qualified candidate. He has my full support.

Last edited:
Given that that nomination is from 2015, and it was 2 Ayes, 1 Nay, 4 Abstains, and 3 Not Voting, I would be interested in hearing the Security Council's current opinion on Nessuno.

That is a crazy vote margin... lol.

Anywhoodle. I support Nessuno, for the reasons Siwale outlined.

I have come to know him since he joined The North Pacific all those years ago. I have found him to be enthusiastic, kind, hardworking, and dedicated to our region and community. I look forward to having particularly his gameside presence and ideas on the Security Council.

Well, first of all i would like to thank Siwale and McM for the nice words, you truly make my day :)
Also sorry for not having answer this before, i wasn't sure i have to post in this (and I'm still not sure about it now), but anyway here's the answers:
I would like to ask a few questions of Nessuno:

Why do you wish to serve on the Security Council?

If there is one thing that you could improve about the Security Council, what would it be?

Do you think there should be any amendments to the Security Council Procedure?

What is the best type of dog?
1) I would like to be more active in the regional politics, helping more and getting border control to kick trolls out of the region.

2/3) As of right now i don't think there's need to any improvments or amendments, everything is fine as it is.

4) I'm more of a cat guy, but i like the bull terrier. I find them pretty.
What other regions are you currently involved in? What positions do you hold in other regions?

What past regions have you been involved with? What positions did you hold in those regions?

On a scale of 0 to Artemis, please rate your friendship with McM.
1) I'm not involved in any other regions nor in their politics. The only thing is my puppet who is currently in TSP doing nothing.

2) I was ambassador in the United Kingdom back in 2014-2015, can't remember the exact date.

3) Is Artemis 10? If so i think i'm 8, maybe 9? Probably is better to ask him.

1) I would like to be more active in the regional politics, helping more and getting border control to kick trolls out of the region.

The legal code limits Border Control powers to the top 3 Security Councillors in the line of succession. Is it your hope that over time you would eventually make it there or was Border Control power something you expected to be granted on arrival to the Security Council? Do you think the law should change?

The legal code limits Border Control powers to the top 3 Security Councillors in the line of succession. Is it your hope that over time you would eventually make it there or was Border Control power something you expected to be granted on arrival to the Security Council? Do you think the law should change?
I wasn't sure to be granted with, it would have been too easy :p
I'll just hope i Can make It there.
Also no, i don't think the law should be changed. It's right that the top 3 SCrs have Border Control.

Well if discussion is ending, I would like to offer my view. I think there's a world of difference between the Nessie who served on the SC previously, and the one who would serve now. I think Nessie's record is stronger now and I have no doubts about their loyalty or ability to do the job and be a vocal, present, and engaged member of the SC, since they are already all of those things as a GA and member of our community.

The motions are seen and recognized. However, I do not think it wise to begin a RA vote in the middle of an election since everyone's attention lies elsewhere. Therefore, I intend to wait for all election results to be certified before scheduling a vote whether that be the duty of myself or my successor when it comes time. I will entertain thoughts and questions on this decision here if there are any.

I fifth the motion.

The elections are not considered holidays as part of our Constitution, so I think we need a vote.

The motion requires 1/3 of quorum with that being 8 in favor of the motion to force an immediate vote. 6 have been counted thus far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back