RolePlay Moderator
-
Deputy Speaker
-
-
-
Pronouns
He/Him, They/Them
… I’ve been here for years. Four years in fact. It’s been, to the day, four years and three months since I got an e-mail from NationStates stating:

You have been declared Delete-on-Sight due to your continued rules violations and failure to change your behaviour. You are no longer welcome on NationStates, and any nations you create will be deleted.

And I will admit once again, as I have several times, that I fully deserved to be made Delete-on-Sight. I broke the rules repeatedly and paid the price. I stayed in TNP though, I stayed in TNP and ran the RP map and helped out in Culture and built what I firmly believe is the best and most talented GCR RP community that’s ever existed. I’ve seen RPers like Prydania and Darcania develop and surpass myself in terms of writing ability, I’ve seen talented worldbuilders like Goyanes and Nightsong and Syrixia and so many others come into the region and find a place where they can develop a living, breathing world that’s detailing in both the macro and micro scale. In Lord Lore we discovered someone who has single handedly kept the Eras RP map running for near to three years now - complete with fixing my mistakes! It is truly my greatest achievement in NationStates and in TNP.

But it seems that life gives us second chances. Milograd, another superb RPer I saw develop first hand who became a superb NSer in general, had his Delete-on-Sight overturned recently and it got me to thinking, nothing ventured, nothing gained. I originally wasn’t going to try, but the rumour mill seemed to think I already had done. So I did.

I took a chance, and earlier today, I received an email from NationStates moderation. I won’t share it here because really there’s not much to it, but the subject line made me broke out in a pretty big smile that I’m sure the rest of you will share:

NationStates DOS appeal granted

That’s big news, and I’m sure it will just fuel further rumours of a potential January delegacy run. On that subject, I think some people might be expecting too much, too soon.

But I will say this, I can see some clear areas for improvement in the way the region is currently going. Some of these I’m sure others can see as well. There is our largely uncompetitive election cycle, where the same candidates compete for the same positions. I would like this to change, and plan to introduce legislation to make it easier for nominations to be reopened in the event of single candidate races, and to hold candidates in those races to the same kind of competitive standard we saw in the recent Attorney-General election between COE and Goyanes.

Our Foreign Affairs seems to be more concerned with not upsetting people that it has missed opportunities to speak out when it should, even as we - to the credit of Siwale and Pallaith - expand our horizons beyond our traditional comfort zone. We shouldn’t be afraid to tell our allies what we think of their actions, to hold them to a higher standard and to say, publicly, that during those times they have crossed the line, that we think they have crossed the line.

I’ve often, seriously and humorously depending on the time, said that TNP has an oligarchy and one can’t succeed without their support. I’m not here to rehash those arguments that I’m sure many of you are well aware of, but there seems to be a worrying development in the way access to the delegate has been invested not in the ministers that are appointed to run the government and are subject to TNP laws on their conduct, but in advisors that currently operate outside the law and aren’t subject to recall or oversight by the Regional Assembly. I should well know that - I served as an advisor to two delegates. I plan to, upon receiving citizenship, start a process in the Regional Assembly to amend our constitution to include government advisors as government officials, and make them subject to the oversight of the RA like all government officials should be, especially ones with such unparalleled access to the delegate.

This shouldn’t be considered an election platform, but I think it is a platform that I should be held to, so I will be using this topic to, over the coming days and weeks, to update the region on the progress I make on these topics and any others that I start and come across. I welcome suggestions on that front and on responses to what I’ve posted.

And I’ll finish by saying… it’s good to be back, bruh.

I think I can speak for the region when I say we're glad to have you back. While I have never known you while you were on NS, you were always a positive person in the region—especially in the roleplay region.

Welcome back.

:grouphug:

Welcome back to the gameside, MJ. I know we've had our bouts in the past, but you are a great person. Good to have you back home, fully.

Thanks for the shout-out! :P I was very excited to see that you're finally, truly, back in the game.

Welcome back! :clap::ya::tnp:

so is madjack coming home
THREE PUGS ON A SHIRT
SHITPOSTS BEING DELETED
FOUR YEARS OF HURT
NEVER STOPPED HIM DREAMING

HE'S COMING HOME
HE'S COMING HOME
HE'S COMING
MADJACK'S COMING HOME

Ooooh, congratulations! :D

(Milograd had his DOS overturned? Where will he spread fun now? *hopes it's TSP again*)

I remember seeing Milo's thread on GP about his return, and then asking MJ if he would return to NS if he had the chance like a day before or something :P

Welcome back, MJ.

Edit 2: [snipped extraneousness]]

Edit:
P.S. Just noticed that I'm gravedigging somewhat. I still need to look in the Agora and RA fora for contributions.

P.P.S. [snip again]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back