Citizen Petition

BMWSurfer

Some random groundhog idk
-
TNP Nation
Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965
COE has petitioned us to review his removal from the ballot upon the restart of the election. In keeping with section 6 of the rules of the election commission, we must review this decision made by the Election Supervisors and vote to either:

a. Uphold the decision of the Election Supervisors

b. Overrule the decision and continue the election

c. Overrule the decision and restart the voting period

d. Overrule the decision and restart the election

COEs original petition may be viewed here.

Voting will be open for 5 days, unless all Commissioners vote before that time.

Last edited:
Just to state for the record, I am the Supervisor that posted as the Voting Booth announcing the close of the Declaration Period & Denied COE's name on the ballot as he had accepted the his nomination for Attorney General. His acceptance of the nomination came nearly 16 hours after the Candidacy Declaration Period, where the petitioner states "I humbly accept, if I'm not too late."

As discussed with my fellow supervisor and the Chief Election Commissioner, we felt it best to completely restart the election from the beginning without taking into consideration candidates of the previous iteration of this election with the intent that this was a new election on a new forum.

I do concede the fact that we have loss (temporarily hopefully) the use of the time code which helped translate the official time to the local user's time. Unfortunately that is not currently an option with the current forum, therefore the current format in the Election Declaration thread was used.

I will vote to Uphold the decision of the Election Supervisors. As the voting period is slated to start within the next I would ask that my fellow Commissioners weigh in on this petition promptly.

I agree with this - I vote to uphold the decision of the Election Supervisors

I think the time confusion is pretty critical - *I* can't tell what time anything is supposed to start or end. It's phrased as GMC/UTC -6, but GMC experiences daylight savings while UTC does not, so those aren't the same time right now.

Given that we are in a forum access emergency, and that there was little notice about when the forum would come back, and that it was not known far in advance if the whole election would be restarted or just voting, and given that COE was a candidate before and wanted to stay on the ballot, I vote to overrule the decision and restart the voting period.

I am... uneasy with this whole thing. However, I do feel it is fair given the complex time stamp and forum access issues to overrule the decision and restart the voting period.

For informational purposes, voting will close in approximately 3 days, 18 hours. That puts us at Friday, October 12th at 6:18 PM US Pacific Time, 9:18 PM US Eastern Time, 2:18 AM (on Oct. 13th) London time (which is observing DST), and 1:18 AM (oct 13th) UTC/GMT (which does not observe DST).

If you require this time in your local time please contact me ASAP.

@Crushing Our Enemies @Malphe still need to vote, and if they do the vote shall conclude early. To my best knowledge they may also record an abstention here which counts as a vote.

I've stared at this for about 20 minutes without really leaning any way.
*flips a few coins*
I vote to overrule the decision and restart the voting period.

Having reached a majority regarding this decision, this vote is now closed.

The Election Supervisors are directed to promptly restart the election with the petitioner on the ballot. Messages should be sent to all citizens again informing them of the situation and correcting the ballot.

Back