Pallaith for Vice Delegate

Pallaith

TNPer
-
-
-
-
Hello TNP. It’s been some time since I’ve come before you to ask for your vote, and in fact this is not a time when I thought I would. But here we are. We have had to recall the Vice Delegate, one of our most active and promising players. Half the term is gone, and there is a lot to catch up on. We have many talented members of our community, people ready and willing to step up to this vital job in our government, and I look forward to seeing them contribute. But I do not believe now is the time for that, not in the midst of a forum change in the middle of the term. Instead, I would like to offer my services and seek your vote for Vice Delegate. I believe I have the credentials for the role, and am the perfect candidate for the office at this particular time.

I am a current member of the Security Council and have been for a year now, so I know my way around the institution and know what to expect from its members and how to work with them. I am third in endorsements in-game, so you can count on me to keep up with endotarting and make sure I keep my numbers up. I have served two terms as Delegate, so I would be able to step back into that role if needed. I also served a term as Speaker, a job that required regular citizen checks. Performing that duty would be entering familiar territory for me, and as I did then I can be counted on to visit the citizenship application thread daily and get those checks done. But in this particular case, I believe my experience as Minister of World Assembly Affairs makes me uniquely suited to be Deropia’s successor.

Deropia and I worked together in World Assembly Affairs, the ministry I am currently running and have run under Plembobria. I looked forward to continuing that partnership with the WA outreach that the Vice Delegate’s office planned, and was disappointed that it never came to fruition. If I am elected, I will work to implement a voting component to the WADP. Nations who cast a WA vote will be on the census and win awards, regardless of if their vote matches that of the IFV. This will be intended to encourage greater participation in WA votes and hopefully greater membership in the WA, while MoWA continues to advocate how the votes are cast. This is not a new idea, and came up not only in the May campaign but during Gladio’s and my own delegacy. Deropia was the first Vice Delegate I can think of who was previously Minister of World Assembly Affairs, and he had an appreciation and understanding of the value of this change that many other Vice Delegates likely wouldn’t have considered. This was the most innovative thing he hoped to accomplish, and I am particularly interested in seeing it though.

Every recent candidate for Vice Delegate pledges to enhance endorsing and I believe the WADP update will aid in that effort. There is of course the oft-cited TNP for #1 event, which I will seek to reintroduce just as Deropia would have. He planned for it in July or August, I’m not sure how feasible July will be by the time this election is over, but I’ll see to it it’s launched before the end of the term. Deropia had also planned to raise the endorsements on all Security Council members to 900. Many of them are already there, most of the others are close. I believe this is an achievable goal and, since Deropia aimed for it and was elected with this in his platform, I will do my best to carry it out. Endorsement saturation I hope will be improved along with Security Council endorsements, the new WADP, and the TNP for #1 event. If we still need a little extra help in that effort, I will hit the pavement on the RMB. I do not know how effective a direct appeal on the RMB will be, but I don’t think it will hurt our efforts or relationship with the region for the Vice Delegate or even members of the Security Council to engage with TNP at large.

I’m sure you have questions, both about what I have stated here and, more likely, what I haven’t. I hope I address them to your satisfaction, and make a successful case for why you should choose me as your next Vice Delegate. Thank you for taking the time to read all that, and thank you in advance for your vote.

I would be lying if I said this was going to be an easy election. The Regional Assembly needs an active Vice Delegate to carry us to the September General Election. As a member of the Security Councillor, and as a former Vice Delegate, I know what it takes to get the job done. Many see the Vice Delegacy as a stepping stone to the Delegacy, and that couldn’t be further from the truth. The Vice Delegate must be committed to security, to being active in both their duty as checking citizens, but also being Chair of the Security Council.

When I heard that Pallaith was running for Vice Delegate, I knew that our region would recover from the inactivity the office has had these past few weeks. Pallaith has never been Vice Delegate, but he has been Delegate, and a damn good one at that. He will make sure our region is secure, and will keep up the endorsements necessary to remain the in-game Vice Delegate.

Pallaith is dedicated, especially when it comes to endorsement gathering. Despite being Minister of World Assembly Affairs, Pallaith has maintained a high endorsement count, second only to McMasterdonia and Siwale. He has shown incredible skill in multitasking, so I know he can fulfill his duties as Vice Delegate with grace.

The Vice Delegacy is one of the most strenuous jobs, if not the most strenuous job in The North Pacific. We need an excellent candidate, and I think Pallaith fits this role perfectly. To summarize, he is active, great at multitasking, and can maintain both the influence and endorsements needed to be our Vice Delegate.

It is with these things in mind that I formally endorse Pallaith for Vice Delegate, and encourage everyone to vote for him in this special election.

-Boots

Best of luck. You're probably one of, if not the, most qualified citizens for the position right now.

You have the exact same campaign as the other Vice Delegate contenders (except me of course). Holy hell that is boring. What makes you not boring?

Mall:
You have the exact same campaign as the other Vice Delegate contenders (except me of course). Holy hell that is boring. What makes you not boring?
I’m a ghost.

Pallaith:
Mall:
I’m a ghost.
We already have a regional ghost, so that's no good.

Mall:
Pallaith:
Mall:
I’m a ghost.
That may be so, but that ghost isn't more interesting than I am. I haunt the Discord as well as the forum. You've clearly never been to Poolside. :shifty:

This ghost has a Darth Vader avatar and is a practicing sith lord. I can even tell you my lightsaber is between shades of blood and currant. When asked to identify their lightsaber color, the other candidates will shrug and say red, or may even have some dumb jedi color like blue or green. :voldy:

Pallaith:
Mall:
Pallaith:
Mall:
I’m a ghost.
That may be so, but that ghost isn't more interesting than I am. I haunt the Discord as well as the forum. You've clearly never been to Poolside. :shifty:

This ghost has a Darth Vader avatar and is a practicing sith lord. I can even tell you my lightsaber is between shades of blood and currant. When asked to identify their lightsaber color, the other candidates will shrug and say red, or may even have some dumb jedi color like blue or green. :voldy:
Yeah but you don't play me in chess like the other ghost does. Also you being a ghost doesn't seem related to your platform. Will you implement a ghost theme to your VD?

Mall:
Pallaith:
Mall:
Pallaith:
Mall:
I’m a ghost.

Yeah but you don't play me in chess like the other ghost does. Also you being a ghost doesn't seem related to your platform. Will you implement a ghost theme to your VD?
Oh my I was not expecting germane questions from you. Being a ghost sith makes me more interesting than the other candidates. My platform on the other hand is simply superior, not more interesting.

As for the theme, I have actually implemented a ghost theme, my campaign is the "Ghost of Deropia."

How do you see the working relationship with your peers and fellow government officials being? For instance if there is a disagreement between you and another security councilor, how would you resolve it?

Pallaith:
If I am elected, I will work to implement a voting component to the WADP. Nations who cast a WA vote will be on the census and win awards, regardless of if their vote matches that of the IFV. This will be intended to encourage greater participation in WA votes and hopefully greater membership in the WA, while MoWA continues to advocate how the votes are cast. This is not a new idea, and came up not only in the May campaign but during Gladio’s and my own delegacy.
I'm a bit confused as to why increasing WA voting participation is a large component of your Vice Delegacy platform, yet was never even touched upon in your opening address as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. It seems to me like this would be a project that the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs would want to heavily promote considering the ministry functions to educate voters and encourage voting participation. Why are you making this a major goal in an office primarily concerned with regional security? What steps have you taken to make this program a reality during your time as Minister?

Wonderess:
How do you see the working relationship with your peers and fellow government officials being? For instance if there is a disagreement between you and another security councilor, how would you resolve it?

I have been a member of the Security Council for a while now and I respect the collaborative consensus that is a hallmark of the body. I'm going to try to resolve any disagreements that may ensue and see if we can't find a solution that works for most of the group. I don't expect there to be too many though, we've worked well together and we don't tend to vary a great deal. I don't exactly plan to throw any curveballs at the Council. Obviously I have also been in the cabinet the whole term, and to the extent I will be working with them I don't expect things to change much. We've all gotten along and have good rapport, that's part of the advantage of the experience I have working in regional government.

Siwale:
I'm a bit confused as to why increasing WA voting participation is a large component of your Vice Delegacy platform, yet was never even touched upon in your opening address as Minister of World Assembly Affairs. It seems to me like this would be a project that the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs would want to heavily promote considering the ministry functions to educate voters and encourage voting participation. Why are you making this a major goal in an office primarily concerned with regional security? What steps have you taken to make this program a reality during your time as Minister?

Increasing WA participation is always something I'd like to see happen, but you're right, it was not covered in my opening address. I suppose that is a basic ongoing, never-ending goal and so I didn't really consider tackling it specifically. I had anticipated working closely with the Vice Delegate this term not only to update the WADP but to have joint outreach campaigns to increase WA membership. I could have gone that second part alone, it is fair to say, and I did not. All I can do now is move forward in what with what is left of the term.

Regional security is obviously enhanced by a greater number of endorsements being traded. The WADP is a joint program but it has tended for a while now to be considered more of a security program and handled more directly by the Security Council. If the Security Council is going to be involved this is to be expected, but that doesn't mean that it is just about security. If we're going to further develop the WADP the Security Council should be involved, since it's a joint effort, but this element of the program would obviously lean more toward the WA ministry. Having said that, I do not believe the World Assembly ministry would be a good fit for taking on this project alone because WADP for the most part emphasizes the endorsement aspect of WA, whereas MoWA is about participating in WA votes and amplifying our vote in the WA. Increasing the number of WA nations would enhance this, and it is true that MoWA could have done more to increase WA membership. But I believe the WADP is a better way to do that and will have more success than campaign telegrams and posts made by MoWA staff.

I really want to emphasize, though, that I am not forsaking regional security concerns by doing this. The Vice Delegate, and even the Security Council as a whole, would be involved, but this will not be a significant focus of our efforts. This idea is the most innovative and concrete of the things I have mentioned, but it will not be the only thing we work on. I could have gone at greater length explaining my idea for RMB outreach and encouraging the Security Council to spend more time doing so. This could take the form of benchmark goals for every member to reach, kind of like the goal of 900 endorsements per person, or it could become a compulsory duty, though I would prefer not to go that route first thing. We could accelerate and multiply TNP for #1, but I had hoped to run it again and see how it did, and compare that run to the last one and see what worked and what didn't. I gave special attention and mention to this idea because it's been in gestation for a while now and because as the Minister of World Assembly Affairs I felt I had a better eye for this than other people in this role would. I didn't intend to give you the impression it is my primary focus or the secret weapon that will do the job in lieu of everything else, and I hope this clarifies that I do not see it that way.

This quickly became a star wars thread but time to make it alive again..

Do you plan to run again in September if you win and if so, would you continue for one more term?
Constitution:
12. The Delegate and Vice Delegate will be elected by the Regional Assembly by a majority vote every four months. No person shall be elected Delegate to a full or partial term in three consecutive election cycles.

Dinoium:
This quickly became a star wars thread but time to make it alive again..

Do you plan to run again in September if you win and if so, would you continue for one more term?
Constitution:
12. The Delegate and Vice Delegate will be elected by the Regional Assembly by a majority vote every four months. No person shall be elected Delegate to a full or partial term in three consecutive election cycles.
I think it was plenty alive before your post, but okay.

In terms of running again, my plan is to achieve the goals I have set out to do. I don't have much time to do that this term, but if I am successful I would consider myself to have a lot more flexibility about future plans. I would say realistically, it is likely I would seek re-election simply because I want to see these projects through and I don't believe they will be by the time September comes around. The way you phrased the question suggests that you want to know if I would actually serve if elected in September, but I think you were getting at, would I run again in January? If that's what you meant, I would say that's quite a ways away and I couldn't give you an answer now without knowing what's going to happen between now and then. But if you did in fact mean, would I serve a term if elected in September, yes. If I was not able to I would not run, or later on, if I was unable to continue serving in that capacity, I would respectfully resign the office.

I am glad to see you in the race. You are undoubtedly experienced and qualified, but I do have some issues with your platform.

As I have stated privately to the Security Council, I will state here now: I am against using the Vice Delegacy or the Security Council as a platform to promote an agenda that is the responsibility of the Executive Government and specifically the World Assembly Affair's Ministry. There are plenty of opportunities for WA voting awards to be featured through the regular information for voters campaigns and through dispatches. I think it is unnecessary to bring the Security Council into what is ultimately an executive agenda that is not relevant to our endorsement goals. Increasing voter engagement of existing members will not enhance our security.

You have stated that the goals of the Ministry of WA Affairs is participating in WA votes and amplifying our vote in the WA. Wouldn't incentivising WA voter participation fall most clearly within the guidelines of the World Assembly Affairs Ministry? It could have been implemented quite neatly into the existing information for voters telegram campaigns and it would highlight the importance of these IFV's getting out as early as possible, so that nations may be well aware of the awards.

I do not think the Vice Delegacy can be approached as a part time security job, part time WA Affairs Minister position. The positions are clearly intended to be very separate. Would you ask the Delegate to allow you to stay on as WA Minister if you are elected?

There is of course the oft-cited TNP for #1 event, which I will seek to reintroduce just as Deropia would have. He planned for it in July or August, I’m not sure how feasible July will be by the time this election is over, but I’ll see to it it’s launched before the end of the term.

Are you referring to the "TNP for #1" event that has been through a planning process with the Delegate to be a multi-regional event? Or are you referring to an additional supplementary endorsement event?

I just want to be clear as this event has been in the works for some time and I understood it to be Executive Council policy. I updated the Cabinet on this within the last two weeks and the Delegate expects it to go ahead as soon as possible. I will also ask your competitor this question as I'd be keen to avoid unnecessary duplication or competition between the two planned events.

mcmasterdonia:
I am glad to see you in the race. You are undoubtedly experienced and qualified, but I do have some issues with your platform.

As I have stated privately to the Security Council, I will state here now: I am against using the Vice Delegacy or the Security Council as a platform to promote an agenda that is the responsibility of the Executive Government and specifically the World Assembly Affair's Ministry. There are plenty of opportunities for WA voting awards to be featured through the regular information for voters campaigns and through dispatches. I think it is unnecessary to bring the Security Council into what is ultimately an executive agenda that is not relevant to our endorsement goals. Increasing voter engagement of existing members will not enhance our security.

You have stated that the goals of the Ministry of WA Affairs is participating in WA votes and amplifying our vote in the WA. Wouldn't incentivising WA voter participation fall most clearly within the guidelines of the World Assembly Affairs Ministry? It could have been implemented quite neatly into the existing information for voters telegram campaigns and it would highlight the importance of these IFV's getting out as early as possible, so that nations may be well aware of the awards.

I do not think the Vice Delegacy can be approached as a part time security job, part time WA Affairs Minister position. The positions are clearly intended to be very separate. Would you ask the Delegate to allow you to stay on as WA Minister if you are elected?

There is of course the oft-cited TNP for #1 event, which I will seek to reintroduce just as Deropia would have. He planned for it in July or August, I’m not sure how feasible July will be by the time this election is over, but I’ll see to it it’s launched before the end of the term.

Are you referring to the "TNP for #1" event that has been through a planning process with the Delegate to be a multi-regional event? Or are you referring to an additional supplementary endorsement event?

I just want to be clear as this event has been in the works for some time and I understood it to be Executive Council policy. I updated the Cabinet on this within the last two weeks and the Delegate expects it to go ahead as soon as possible. I will also ask your competitor this question as I'd be keen to avoid unnecessary duplication or competition between the two planned events.
I’m glad you’re happy I’m here. I am not surprised you have issues with my campaign, I knew you would. As we have both said, this is not a new debate. What is new, however, is the approach I would take to the updates to the WADP. I am concerned that your difference in opinion on this comes strictly from a philosophical and unyielding view of security. That is, anything that does not have as its primary effect the increasing of our security should not be pursued by the SC, period. Perhaps even, is a waste of time. I take a wider view of this.

WADP is a joint effort, after all. It has security and executive components. This proposal beefs up the executive end in order to have a supplemental effect on security. I do not believe the security benefits will be massive or game changing, but I believe this approach would contribute to our goal of making the region more secure by increasing endorsements. I can appreciate why you might decide this effort isn’t worth the hypothetical and likely minimal supplementary benefits. I disagree. I think there will be a boost and the boost comes from better utilizing one of our best programs in this region.

I will grant you that this will have a more noticeable effect on MoWA’s mission, but this is not inherently wrong since this is a joint program and isn’t entirely about security. I do highly value the security aspect and believe the Security Council should be involved in discussions around this program, so anything we change needs to loop them in. That’s why I’m talking about it in this campaign context, because that is something I will pursue and bring to the SC (though again, it’s been on the table for a long time).

I recall a major concern was that if this change was more in line with the executive, it would drag the SC into politics. That’s why the approach I am advocating strictly encourages voting in WA and doesn’t direct people to follow the recommendations. Convincing people to vote a certain way is the job of the WA ministry. The addition of encouraging voting is only about voting. We would have additional statistics measuring the voting and of course new awards.

Could the WA ministry have done a program like WADP but for voting? Yeah, it’s been in development since the first time I was Minister. We didn’t do it because it would duplicate the WADP and quite likely cause both programs to become less effective. R3n and I recognized that a single program enhancing TNP’s WA participation was a more effective way to do this. You may recall he used the term synergy to describe how combining these efforts in a comprehensive program would improve the results of both. As Delegate I strived to create synergy between the different ministries, and I think I was reasonably successful.

This is not to say, as I tried to point out to Siwale, that this is going to be my primary focus as Vice Delegate. I wouldn’t say the WADP is the main job of the Vice Delegate, and all this endeavor would do is add a new component to the WADP. Because it’s only encouraging WA members to cast a vote but is not concerned with how they vote, there is no inserting myself into WA affairs. I would also point out that we still have parallel campaigns to increase WA membership despite the WADP doing that. Efforts on the part of MoWA to get out the vote can still happen and wouldn’t need to involve me specifically in my capacity as VD.

I get the impression that you think somehow I’m getting my head stuck in the clouds and obsessing over WA stuff, I’m not. This would add one page to the WADP dispatches and a few more charts and another award table. It won’t take any more time or effort on the part of the SC to do any of this. This job is more geared toward security, I understand that and I count on that. You can count on me to do the work I’m tasked with doing, and count on me not to change the SC’s focus. Updating one program we are not wholly responsible for running in the first place to include one more metric and goal is not changing the duties of the SC.

If the Delegate feels he cannot find a more suitable person to run the WA ministry I would be willing to continue to serve in that capacity. I don’t believe that is the case, however, and if it isn’t I wouldn’t want to double up, as I have said many times in the past. I wouldn’t have the VD be one of my ministers if I could avoid it, and I feel the same being on the other side of the coin. But like I said, I believe this question comes from an assumption that I have a lot of focus on WA matters when I really don’t. This change is the centerpiece of my campaign, but is not and could not be the centerpiece of my work as VD, because it’s just one small component of one of several projects and duties that I would have to do.

As for the TNP for #1 thing, I was referring to the same event you brought up McM. In my view we hadn’t settled on anything firm yet. I meant to convey my intention to pursue some version of this program, whether it’s just us like it was last year or something more substantial. I do not intend to double up on this campaign, it should, in my view, be done repeatedly, but not twice in the same window.

Thank you for clarifying which event you meant. I won’t reapond in great detail to each of your points about WADP but I appreciate it that you took the time to respond so comprehensively.

Are there any active members of TNP that are not currently on the Security Council that you would like to see join? How would you approach this?

mcmasterdonia:
Thank you for clarifying which event you meant. I won’t reapond in great detail to each of your points about WADP but I appreciate it that you took the time to respond so comprehensively.

Are there any active members of TNP that are not currently on the Security Council that you would like to see join? How would you approach this?
Sure thing. I’m sure you don’t want to turn this thread into another debate about that, and there will be plenty of time later. ?

I have to honestly say I don’t see anyone who is active and I would like to see join. There are some people I think could be a good fit, but they may not be able to serve in this role right now. If such people existed, I would approach them and gauge their interest in joining. I would encourage them to apply, and if they did, I would bring that application to the Council for consideration.

Back