[SC - Passed] Liberate Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc.jpg

Liberate Boston
Category: Liberate | Nominee: Boston
Proposed by: Lenlyvit | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Noting that the region of Boston has had a troubled history of being raided after its founder entered the void of nothingness;

Observing that at this current time Boston is under occupation by a coalition of regions, including at least one Nazi/Fascist region and one internationally blacklisted region;

Believing that no region deserves to become a wasteland trophy of Nazi ideology or Raider propaganda;

Determined that the international community should do everything in its power to prevent innocent regions from becoming trophies of fascists, nazis, or their collaborators;

Hereby liberates Boston.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2018_06_25_liberate_boston[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2018_06_25_liberate_boston[/wavote]

Boston is a region that will always be culturally significant and a prime target for raids due to its name. The recent invasion was assisted in part by Nazi-affiliated regions and the occupying force failed to remove them from the region when they had ample opportunity. Regardless of any dispute over whether the Nazi involvement is completely fair, liberations ought to protect communities from total destruction when no other option will succeed in preventing that destruction. Size and geopolitical significance are irrelevant. As long as there are displaced natives wishing to save their region, a liberation ought to be supported. For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the resolution.

I don't like the way it's written, taking the Nazi-blame way out while not actually out lining any significance or reason for it to be liberated is lazy. Using 'raider propaganda" is not going to help the case at all. Taking shots at very powerful groups is stupid regardless of how much you dislike them.

Currently against

Tlomz, your argument barely makes sense to me. Taking shots at powerful groups is stupid? That’s not a reason to oppose something. The question should be, is this true? If it is, what other reason do they need for this? This doesn’t strike me as being particularly poorly worded either.

The occupants of the region claim disassociation with Nazi groups but haven’t lifted a finger to free themselves of them. I fear they doth protest too much.

For

Taking arbitrary shots at the raider voting bloc is less than a smart move. The only presented argument coming from this liberation is that a fascist or nazi group may have helped pile for the raid. This group is KR which has been heavily debated and observed to not currently be nazi. The use of the claim makes perfect sense as the author of Liberate Boston is also the author who began the preemptive liberations later taken on by LN.

Why kick pillers from your region after a completed raid? They claim to not have any relation and there isnt a counterclaim besides lack of trust. Which seems to be a rather weak argument.

I'm going to break this tie and vote FOR.

If the majority opinion shifts the other way, I will adjust my vote accordingly.

Against
This region's history shows nothing but tumult since the founder CTE'd. It's been a revolving door for over a year-and-a-half, and there doesn't seem to be any real sense of loyalty to the region among natives (or former natives). The region 'Boston in Exile' only has five members, and the apparent spokesperson was only a 6 month resident. In the 18 months since things went off the rails, why is this call for liberation coming only now?
I get the impression that if there are natives seeking to return, they are few, and factional. I'm not convinced that a liberation will pave the way to a stable rebuild of the region. Seems to me a pointless exercise.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back