[Complete][SC - Passed] Commend Guy

sc.jpg

Commend Guy
Category: Commendation | Nominee: Guy
Proposed by: Marilyn Manson Freaks | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

Notes that Guy has been a prominent force for good for more than nine years. During this time the nation has been held in great respect across the ideological spectrum of NationStates.

Recalls that in 2009, Guy joined 10000 Islands and within a short period of time received one of the highest honours of TITO, becoming a TITO Knight. In addition to this esteemed honour, Guy served two terms as 10ki Senator and one term as WA Delegate.

Observes that during Guy's service as Delegate of 10000 Islands, Guy led efforts to collaborate with World Assembly resolution authors and clearly delineated the position of 10000 Islands' WA nations on major topics before the consideration of the World Assembly. This watershed moment facilitated the greater engagement of subsequent 10000 Islands Delegates with the NationStates Forums and resolution authors, with the region quickly becoming a leading voice on World Assembly matters.

Appreciates Guy's expertise in military leadership, intelligence gathering, and regional security, as demonstrated through regional service as the Chief of Defence, Arch Chancellor, and Intelligence Minister of the Founderless Regions Alliance.

Applauds Guy's many years of commitment to the defence of regional sovereignty and the rights of natives to self-determination. Guy's leadership on the international stage in advocating for the defence of natives has led to the defence of more than 1000 regions, including the masterminding of the liberation of Lazarus from the control of the New Pacific Order.

Believes that another prime example of Guy's military excellence is the liberation of India. India was a region colonized by The Dominion, and was only freed thanks to the fact that Guy had sleepers in the region. Thanks to Guy, defenders were able to quickly refound the region when the founder went inactive.

Affirms that Guy's service as Speaker of the Assembly of the Rejected Realms has facilitated significant legislative improvements to the Laws of the Rejected Realms, assisting in the minimisation of legal loopholes and bureaucracy for a more efficient and effective legislative foundation for future nations of the Rejected Realms.

Commemorates Guy's longtime service to Spiritus as Chief Justice, RA Representative of five terms, Vice President, and as Minister of Foreign Affairs. Guy was also awarded the Exaltation of Spiritus for their service, which is one of the highest awards a nation can receive.

Admires Guy's remarkable diplomatic skills, as evidenced by the negotiation of major interregional treaties during their lengthy tenures as Delegate of the Rejected Realms, Delegate of 10000 Islands, Minister of Foreign Affairs of Spiritus, and by their service as Minister of Foreign Affairs of the North Pacific and as Foreign Affairs Officer of the Rejected Realms. During their time as Foreign Affairs Officer of the Rejected Realms, Guy oversaw the development of a distinct foreign policy, facilitating close ties with regions and organisations across the ideological spectrum.

Acknowledges Guy's contribution to the activity, culture and community spirit of the Rejected Realms, as demonstrated through Guy's multiple terms as Delegate, three terms as Speaker, and six terms as an Officer where the growth and development of the Rejected Realms was fostered.

Contends that Guy's contribution to the multiverse is exceptional and worthy of praise.

Hereby commends Guy.

Co-authored with McMasterdonia.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Guy is a notable and respected player within NS and TNP who has made major contributions to TRR, 10000 Islands, and the greater NS community. Guy has worked with various authors and major players extensively within the World Assembly to refine and enrich the community as a whole as well as leading a charge to build up defensive forces which he used to protect regions and national self determination.

For the reasons stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote FOR this commendation.

For

We have a co-author who is a prominent member of our community commending someone who has been closely affiliated with our community and is still a friendly presence here. On top of that, this is some good stuff. I see no reason not to support this.

In view of his insults to me for my conservative views and positions, I vote very much AGAINST that wretched proposal! :no:

Syrixia:
Unequivocally against.
He is not qualified for such commendation. Before looking into his clearly commendable acts, look first into his uncommendable acts. And, in my opinion, there's a lot of subject matter right there. I couldn't care less if he shared his opinions carefully and respectfully, without insulting people he disagrees with. If he didn't insult me for being conservative, voting against could be an insult to him as well. And I disdain insulting people. According to an informant of mine (Mzeusia, I believe), he had no guilt in what he did to me. And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make enemies. I will abide by my opposition, even if it means being insulted by the others! You, sir, made the right decision!

Kinda crass to be against this non-gameplay reasons but considering who its coming from, unsurprising.

I'll choose to ignore that piece of flagrant slander.

EDIT: Drusselstein, I did not vote against because of you. I voted against because of me, and because of other TNP conservatives. You are not alone. Guy is the poster child of liberal flamebaiting. I don't care what they did in NS politics- someone like that is entirely undeserving of a big white badge.

Syrixia:

EDIT: Drusselstein, I did not vote against because of you. I voted against because of me, and because of other TNP conservatives. You are not alone. Guy is the poster child of liberal flamebaiting. I don't care what they did in NS politics- someone like that is entirely undeserving of a big white badge.
Trust me, I have had many disputes with him. However, his work in NS is undeniable. I can see the good in his accomplishments in NS despite his unsavory ideology.

Syrixia:

I know. Nevertheless, he does not deserve such commendation. I also did not vote for those stupid and unintelligent insults, but because of his tendency to insult anyone he disagrees with. My vote against is for those who he may have persecuted for disagreeing with him. I couldn't care if he is a liberal, I would definitely vote to commend him for an undeniable experience in public service. However, that seems undoable.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back