Wonderess

"I will be true to you whatever comes."
-
-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
The delegate has appointed three citizens to the Election Commission. Per the Legal Code, Chapter 4 Clause 11, these appointments are subject to RA confirmation. The confirmation will follow non-legislative procedures. Here are the appointments:
Delegate Siwale:
I hereby appoint Eluvatar, Brendog, and Artemis as Election Commissioners, subject to confirmation votes by the Regional Assembly.
These appointments may be debated in this topic. Once a motion to vote is seconded, a vote may be scheduled.

Brendog and Artemis: do you feel sufficently conversant in the duties required of a EC, as well as the EC's own internal precedures (if those have yet been made available to you)?

Do both of you, as well as Eluvatar (if not reselected as Chair), believe you will have the available time required of all EC Supervisors, should you be chosen, as such, during all scheduled elections during your entire term?

Eluvatar: you have a tendency to let your citizenship (un)intentionally. Do you foresee that as a possible recourrence during your next term on te EC?

Regarding special elections: are all of you prepared to be able to spend the necessary time required at such short notice?

What are the minimum endorsement accounts required of an EC? What are your current countys? Do you have the time and willingness to attain the necessary count in a relatively short period of time?

Sufficient questions for now. Possibly more later.

Isimud:
Eluvatar: you have a tendency to let your citizenship (un)intentionally. Do you foresee that as a possible recourrence during your next term on te EC?

What are the minimum endorsement accounts required of an EC? What are your current countys? Do you have the time and willingness to attain the necessary count in a relatively short period of time?

Sufficient questions for now. Possibly more later.
Thank you for the questions Isumud.

Brendog and Artemis: do you feel sufficently conversant in the duties required of a EC, as well as the EC's own internal precedures (if those have yet been made available to you)?

Quite. I have read over several times the legal duties of the Election Commission in our Legal Code as well as the Rules of the Election Commission

Do both of you, as well as Eluvatar (if not reselected as Chair), believe you will have the available time required of all EC Supervisors, should you be chosen, as such, during all scheduled elections during your entire term?

Election Commissioners time requirements are quite lax as they elections only regularly happen every two months. I check in on the forum at least once per day, if not more than that. As part of the Election Commission one must be willing and able to administer the election alongside a colleague. If during a given election someone is not able to, obviously they will not be chosen to administer the election.

Regarding special elections: are all of you prepared to be able to spend the necessary time required at such short notice?

This question ties into the previous question. Am I prepared to? Yes.

There is no endorsement counts required of an EC.

I support the three candidates seeing that they prove to be committed to the region and the foundations of its electoral system.

With two motions to vote, a vote has been scheduled to take place in two days.

Seeing as questions have been posed to the appointees, I think it would be appropriate to see those questions answered before a vote takes place...

Agreed: Two days have been provided for that opportunity. However, it is unwise to allow confirmations to become backlogged.

Isimud:
I don't supervise elections, typically, but I do review the votes and comment as appropriate to help review the work of election supervisors. I have done so consistently, I believe.
Isimud:
I don't generally intend for my citizenship to lapse. It's conceivable that I won't have time to rewrite my autologin program to work in the next few weeks, but I don't think I'll wait too long to log into my nations manually this time.
Isimud:
I think so.
Isimud:
There are no endorsement requirements for members of the election commission.

Back