NationStates Karaoke

arietti

the sentient Ry Bread, at your service!
Hi guys! Ry/Arietti here, with a new game for you! I present to you... drum roll please... drrdrrdrrdrrdrrdrrdrrdrrdrr

The Karaoke Game!

Basically, this game is a chance for you to express your musical interests with the other people on the forums, thus allowing you to make new connections and possible new friends, while teaching people more about your nation and its people in a fun and creative way. For this game, your objective is to write parody lyrics of the song given to you. But here's the catch- the parody must be about something revolving around your nation. Whether the lyrics are about a character, an event in your nation's history, a place, or anything else you can think of, it must be related to your nation in some way.

The instructions are pretty simple, as long as you follow them you'll do great!

1. Click on the link of the song posted above you and listen to the song. Get a feel for the melody and the lyrics to better aide you when you begin writing.
2. Take the lyrics and rewrite a parody of the lyrics about a subject relating to your nation
3. Post the complete set of lyricsin the thread under the person above you. (What I mean is, if you wrote them on something like Google Docs or Office 365, do not just post a link to the doc. Post the complete set of lyrics.
3. Chose any song of your liking and post it underneath the lyrics you wrote. This will be the song that the next person has to write a parody of.
And there you go! you've successfully played!

There are a few rules you must follow to ensure that we stay within the guidelines of the forums and respect the people playing, but I promise they're not too overbearing or anything! :D

1. Only use the song that the person above you posted.
2. You may only participate once each round, to ensure that everything is fair and equal.
3. When choosing a song for the person under you, make sure the theme/topic/subject of the song is nothing inappropriate.
4. When choosing a song try and find one with no cuss words, or a clean version of a song with them.
5. When writing your lyrics keep cuss words out of it to respect the various ages of the people on the forums
6. Bashing or hateful comments towards people's work and their song choices will notbe tolerated, and if you are caught doing so then you willbe disqualified.
7. Collabs are in fact allowed, but no more than you and 2 other people. If doing a collab, make sure to note the people who helped you and have them comment that they helped you so that they receive proper credit
8. Bribery to the judge of any form will not be tolerated, and will result in an immediate disqualification from the game

When I feel as if we have received enough entries I will let everyone know that the game is closed, and I will read over all of the entries and chose anywhere from 1 to 3 winners (depending on the number of participants we have). The winner will be announced on the forums and will receive an award banner as a prize.
note: if we have enough players then instead of having one overall winner there will be a first, second, and third place winner.

As a starter, here is the song the first person participating must use!!: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zYxkezUr8MQ

Good luck to all who chose to participate and I hope you all have fun!

Back