Embassy Review Thread

Owenstacey

TNPer
TNP Nation
HuksGares
Due to large amounts of inactivity of some regions embassies on our forums we have decided to open up to the Diplomatic Corp a consultation on the potential closure of some of our embassies. The regions we are considering the closure of are:
  • Equinox (No post since October 2016)
  • Lone Wolves United (No post since September 2016)
  • Nationstates (No post since January 2016)
  • The Allied States (No post since October 2017)
  • The Black Hawks (No post since May 2016)
  • The Britannian Kingdom (No post since October 2017)
  • The Communist Bloc (No post since May 2016)
  • The Independent Order (No post since November 2016)
  • The Union of Democratic States (No post since September 2017)
Peoples opinions are encouraged, we want ambassadors to have a say on regions before closure. If anyone believes there are other regions that should be considered then feel free to mention them, and they could be added to the discussion

I don't think we need to worry too much about the activity or inactivity of forum embassies. It is really for the most part a symbolic representation of the regions ability to communicate with us, should anything important arise. I'd rather we leave it open for more significant communication, than expect them to routinely post in it.

Perhaps we could get in touch with some of these regions and let them know that their Embassy is inactive and that we'd hope to hear from them soon?

If there was some insistence that they needed to be closed, then of those regions listed, I'd suggest we keep open LWU, Nationstates (it's mainly an in-game region anyway - but still), and the Black Hawks. I have no preference on the others.

I agree with McM here. Sending out messages directly to foreign ambassadors and ministers seems like a good first step, rather than outright closing them.

Now while i recognize that we haven't be active in our embassies with the listed regions, I don't think hope is lost for these embassies, if we end up getting more Diplomats, were gonna to need to have some embassies for them, and for diplomats who want to be Ambassadors to other regions, we'll need more...
My opinion is to keep them open unless the listed regions don't want to continue communications with TNP and theirselves..

Back