sil_dorsett
Discord
sildorsett

sc.jpg

Liberate The Conservative Christians
Category: Liberation | Nominee: The Conservative Christians
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

COGNIZANT that The Zealasian Subject of Aspies is a vassal state of Zealasia, which - under the banner of Christadelphia - has forced at least two dozen regions into their vast and inactive empire (including those regions that could have otherwise been prized for their names, like The Holy Quran, Hindu, and The outremer);

BELIEVING that The conservative christians (TCC), although its name is nowhere near as globally recognised, deserves to be protected against these invasive forces (for reasons that will be outlined below), which cannot realistically be achieved without Liberation;

NOTING that, on the 14th of November 2017, Aspies proclaimed their intention to refound TCC, not officially as a military mission but "so that it has an active founder able to evict raiders" (and other, somewhat more unsavoury elements). It is worth remembering that Zealasia refounded Christadelphia under false pretences that February, claiming that "Normal services will be re-established as soon as possible" before going on to keep the region as their main military headquarters;

ALSO AWARE that, by the 22nd of January 2018, Aspies started to put their plan into effect, which was meant to take two weeks to evacuate the entire population to refound the region but which has not yet been completed due to the bold refusal of St Theordos (the last native standing in TCC) and Princi - which were falsely accused of being raider nations conspiring with the Black Hawks - to co-operate with them;

RECOGNISING the support of St Theordos, see above, to a Liberation of their homeland;

ABHORRED by the state that TCC is in today, with only one native and two invaders remaining, a proud declaration on the now-defaced World Factbook Entry that it "has been seized in the name of Zealasia, and is awaiting destruction," and the regular gagging of native forces (as well as the deletion of the invaders' own messages), which stands contrary to TCC's long-standing value of free speech - a state that the region would have more than likely never been in without intervention by Zealasia and their acolytes; and

AFRAID that, unless action is taken immediately to stop this, The conservative christians will fall to Zealasian deception to become yet another brick in the metaphorical wall of utterly lethargic military trophies built up by Christadelphia:

HEREBY LIBERATES The conservative christians.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

Upon recent events, the natives have brokered peace with the invading faction and have begun the rebuilding process of the region. As quoted from the regional world factbook entry, "This region is in the process of rebuilding and as such is implementing password protection. If you wish to join or are a previous member, send me a message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible." The current leader of the region may institute a password to temporarily prevent raids until more natives return to provide better security for the region. Due to these happenings, the current liberation at vote is now no longer needed.

Not wanting to hinder the rebuilding process of the region and for reasons stated above, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote Against this liberation.

Against
Well this may be a glorious region, the raiders could gain more regional influence and boot and only native left there, thus if we liberate it, the region will be locked and the raiders will safe there from raiders..

Dinoium:
Against
Well this may be a glorious region, the raiders could gain more regional influence and boot and only native left there, thus if we liberate it, the region will be locked and the raiders will safe there from raiders..
A liberation will remove the password and mean that it cannot be locked.

Against.
This region appears to have been initially targeted for invasion because its members held extreme right-wing and intolerant/hateful/bigoted views. We are very quick to condemn regions that identify as Nazis, so why take any different view towards a region that holds a similar position on the political spectrum, and similar anti-social views, but falls short of identifying as a Nazi region? Zealots by any other name are still zealots, and it is the ideology that is the problem, not the flag they fly.
I'm all for free speech, even when it is uncomfortable to hear, but I'm not about to go out of my way to provide a region like this with an amplifier and microphone. Let them stay in their limbo.

I know I am not a member of TNP, and that my opinion does not hold any weight here whatsoever, but I believe that this region is being mischaracterized by the raider to make it look like a bad region and he's succeeding in tricking you into believing what he wants you to believe. Earlier this morning the native posted in the on-site thread trying to dismiss these false accusations, and I think it should be noted that the newb raider is lying through his/her teeth.

If you look at the embassies in Christadelphia you'll see similar messages pasted on this persons conquered regions, all along lines of hateful speech, especially aimed towards followers of the Koran. I would ask you to reconsider your votes, especially since this person and their friends seem to be on a mission to suppress any religions or regions they don't agree with and label those regions what they are not.

Edit: Native post is the first post in this page https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=442800&start=25

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back