Eras Society of Honorable Nations

“Sir, you spoke of your doubt that Benolia will support your efforts to hold territories farther inland. What exactly would this support entail for us? Despite what you may beleive, it is in Benolia’s interest to have order and law restored in the entirety of Ereion. If we were to support you in this, what would be done of the remnant government? In your eyes, have they lost all legitamacy to govern in a future stable Ereion state?

On an unrelated note, the Republic confirms our support for the full admissionon of the Crowned Republic of Highton.”

"As does Valland." The Vallish delegate noted, concerning Highton's admission.

"I doubt you would aid pirates is what I meant. I among many others among my rank and file have debased ourselves to survive. however, among the bay we have started our own government of sorts, its not rock solid or anything but it gets done what we need to get done, provisional if you want to use the term. we have rules and we expect the residents and visitors of the bay to follow them. I may be the guy who everyone listens to but it is still a group effort, and our system is equal, we aren't quoting paragraphs and subsections but our rules are common sense and decency. What little we have left anyway." he raised his hands and motioned them down towards himself in a 'look at me' way.

"I used to be an Admiral, I like my rules, they ensure an efficient fleet. the ships you face are my Sailors, my skippers, MY ships. If you can manage to get us what we need we would no longer need to raid you: I no longer need to send my crews out to potentially die to a Commonwealth Ship to Ship or Air to Ship missile. I can't speak for other factions however. BUT, if you support us in our pushes inland we may be able to stop those as well. and Ereion will be a lot more whole for it.

In terms of your Remnant Government, it was weak and debased. it got greedy and in time it paid for that greed. WE paid for its greed. I would rather bury them alive in whatever hole they hide in than give them the chance to take back power. they don't deserve it and they are not what we need. literally anyone would do the job better. to put it short, if my men encounter Government troops we aren't saving the ammo."

“How would you describe the relationship between Ereionese pirates and inland warlords? I don’t beleive my government will be keen to deploy forces against openly hostile factions inland, especially those armed with advanced military equipment. Do you beleive a peaceful resolution is plausible with these factions? If not, would foreign intervention be neccissary to effectively neutralize the threat?”

"There can't be and never will be any kind of peace between the Warlords, or the warlords and the other factions. they want to intall their own governments in Ereion, like everyone. but these people are going hard for it. and I doubt you want commies, fascists and other bad ilk taking power over the whole state. and yes, I do in fact believe the only way the warlords will be pacified is through foreign efforts. or we get access to some really big guns."

Thank you for your time Mr. Adonis. I assure you that all you have said will be considered with the greatest respect when our opinions are fashioned. It is now time to hear from our third and final guest who shall act as an objective voice so that we can hear the point of view and insights of an uninvolved third party. The Society requests a representative from The Kingdom of Prydania to act in this capacity. Mr. Adonis you are allowed to remain to ask questions as one of the involved parties even though you do not hold membership in this society. I ask that you remain cordial and only ask questions and not take the opportunity to display or legislate an opinion.

Societal Observation 001:
1oYB1U4.png

Societal Observation 001: On the Issue of Ereion Pirate Activity in Regard to the Infringement on Benolian Productivity

The Question at Hand: Does Benolia have just cause to capture pirates who have acted against them that do not hold citizenship within their nation and try them according to Benolian Law? Equally pressing, is Benolia's expansion of maritime territory within the Genovian Strait justified if it is for the capturing of pirate actors who have caused damage to Benolia's economic wellbeing and providing of basic goods to the citizens under their jurisdiction?

Inquisitive Actions of the Society:
1. The Society has requested the presence of a representative of the Benolian government in order for the full understanding of the situation to be realized.
2. The Society has questioned Mrs. Castalia Boulou of Benolia on the Benolian perspective.
3. The Society has requested the presence of a representative of the opposing pirating faction for the purpose of understanding a contrary perspective.
4. The Society has questioned Mr. Adonis on the pirate perspective.
5. Now requested is a representative of the Kingdom of Prydania to put forth an analysis through questioning as a third party.

Last edited:
letter:
[img=367,120]https://i.imgur.com/jFkOXMh.png[/img]​
The government of the Kingdom of Prydania will accept the invitation of the ESHN to act as an arbitrator in the ongoing crisis regarding the Republic of Benolia and the pirates operating in the disputed territories of Ereion. I have dispatched Ambassador Kjeld Svane to oversee the dispute.

Sincerely,
6pZSS83.png

the Rt. Honourable William Aubyn
Prime Minister to King Tobias III of Prydania​

A Letter of Thanks:
1oYB1U4.png

Sub Servant for ESHN Affairs Tanya Burding Representing the Sutherland Federation

To the Right Honourable William Aubyn of Prydania,

On behalf of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations, I thank you for taking the time and effort to answer our request. This shows your commitment to finding a just solution for the parties involved even if it is no direct gain to the Prydanian state. We assure you that the enlightening words put forth by Ambassador Svane will be considered very thoughtfully and very carefully. We hope that the relationship between ESHN and Prydania may continue to flourish so that a thoughtful, just, and united Eras may be the fruit.

In honor,
Tanya Burding
Chancellor of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations

Last edited:
“Sir, has Prydannia encountered a circumstance in which their economic or political security was threatened from the outside? If so, how was this situation handled? Was force used, or perhaps diplomatic negotiations?”

Kjeld Svane was a man in his mid 40s. He'd spent the Prydanian Civil War in the FNU diplomatic core, working under Magnus Brandt to secure what support he could from the outside world.
His own attire was...not dishevelled exactly. His tan suit wasn't crisp. Rather it had a soft, worn look to it. Brown rimmed glasses matched his short cut hair, with cool grey eyes peering out from them.

He had already read up on his briefings the flight over, and so his folder was off to his side. Bits worn, indicating that they had previously been thumbed through vigorously.

"Our government inherited a state in the midst of collapse thanks to our Civil War" he said, leaning back in his chair.
"We deal with pirates along our coast, bandits who take advantage of roads we, for the longest time, were unable to patrol. I would say" he indicated to the Benolian representative, "that we've had experience dealing with these sorts of threats."

He took a sip of water before continuing.
"We found it best to localize the problem. Pirates, bandits, gangsters. These people are, by their very nature, anarchists to some degree or another. Local groups have their own hierarchies they are extremely loyal to, but the chafe at the idea of oversight. Unifying pirate groups, for example, will never happen above local levels because the mentality needed to make such a venture succeed is antithetical to that of being a pirate."

"So as I said, we localized the problem. Some groups are willing to be negotiated with. Some can even be turned in service of the state, provided they're given enough space to not feel put upon. Others though...others will likely demand force. If only to deal with the groups who are in opposition to the earlier groups you're able to make peace with."

"Do you think the fact that these are Ereion pirates invading foreign shipments may complicate this situation and dialogue, Mr. Ambassador? I find that these pirates as a significant force vying for territory in Ereion may be of a special class all of their own. Furthermore, how would you suggest that this national barrier be breached?"

Katja spoke up after her long silence. "I know I am not ambassador Svane, but I most be the voice of warning here. We are talking about people and factions with nothing to lose and everything to gain, and have the desperation to make those gains. I find the situation in Ereion to be similar to that of the Norsian Civil war in this regard. all factions have nothing to lose but what they gain from their victory is total.

On top of this, I don't think it is fair or wise to label the Ereionese pirates as just your typical pirate faction, as I see it. Mr. Adonis has managed to bring several pirate groups under his umbrella and unite them into a larger faction that he now uses as his hand, his fist and his sword. and Even the Pirates in Ereion seem to have long term political goals and ambitions where normal pirates would not.

I am of the final conclusion even if my opinion matters none to the ESHN in an official capacity that Ereion is currently benefitting from a VERY fragile truce between all of the factions in play. some border skirmishes here and there to keep pressure but the overall fighting is none existent. BUT we may be as close as one single spark setting this entire powder keg off with a bang.

It is my opinion that Ereion in its current condition is on the brink of a total war between all of the factions. and that its brutality and ruthlessness will be roughly equivalent to that of the Norsian Civil War. We are talking victory by any means necessary, including dirty bombs and Weapons of Mass Destruction.

it is my final opinion that informal intervention through aid only delays the inevitable and amplifies the final result. that inevitably to secure the future of Ereion forceful Foreign intervention by military means is in fact required."

Svane listened, nodding.

"If this 'Adonis' has aspirations above mere piracy then that could be used to our advantage. If he has aspirations for territorial control then he, by necessity, has aspirations for some form of recognition and support. Be it informal or formal. I would recommend that the ESHN reach out to him, and see what he willing to negotiate for. Ideally you'll be able to trade support and international recognition for his aid, or at the very least, non-intervention, in attempting to counteract pirate raids on Benolian shipping."

He thumbed through his notes...
"To the issue of crossing national barriers. It would depend on whether or not we agree there's even a national barrier to cross. Ereion exists in a state of anarchy. The only faction that currently claims to be a government is functionally deposed and limited in scope. Ereion exists as a place on a map, but I dare say that there are no 'borders' to violate. Which is where Adonis' faction is useful."

"If he has higher aspirations then he'll want support and recognition, as I said. The ESHN reaching out to him will effectively establish his growing coalition as one with diplomatic recognition, meaning you've essentially created those boundaries. Boundaries you will be able to negotiate favourable terms of access with."

“Perhaps it is wishful thinking to believe that all these pirates will from us is diplomatic recognition. Mr. Adonis made it very clear that foreign military intervention will be needed to ensure the success of his coalition in the event of a war. Is it of your opinion that Benolia or other foreign states would be justified in supplying arms to the pirates, or perhaps even engaging their enemies directly?

Secondly, do you see any hope of a peaceful resolution to the situation in Ereion?”

The waiting period has passed and a majority of members have approved Highton's application to enter the society. It is with great pleasure that we officially welcome the Crowned Republic to this society of honorable nations.

Svane nodded at the Benolian representative.
“The goal should be to avoid direct military intervention. A war like the one brewing in Ereion is a graveyard for foreign soldiers. Ideally the goal should be to negotiate with Adonis and provide him with what he needs to build a coalition without getting involved directly. That’s the only way to secure any sort of stability for your interests in Ereion. If a war happens? The best you can do is stay out of it, while doing all you can to ensure your man is in the best position to win.”

“Thank you, Ambassador. The Benolian delegation has no further questions.

I would like to motion for the commencment of the Societal Observation drafting process.”

Societal Observation 001:
1oYB1U4.png

Societal Observation 001: On the Issue of Ereion Pirate Activity in Regard to the Infringement on Benolian Productivity

The Question at Hand: Does Benolia have just cause to capture pirates who have acted against them that do not hold citizenship within their nation and try them according to Benolian Law? Equally pressing, is Benolia's expansion of maritime territory within the Genovian Strait justified if it is for the capturing of pirate actors who have caused damage to Benolia's economic wellbeing and providing of basic goods to the citizens under their jurisdiction?

Inquisitive Actions of the Society:
1. The Society has requested the presence of a representative of the Benolian government in order for the full understanding of the situation to be realized.
2. The Society has questioned Mrs. Castalia Boulou of Benolia on the Benolian perspective.
3. The Society has requested the presence of a representative of the opposing pirating faction for the purpose of understanding a contrary perspective.
4. The Society has questioned Mr. Adonis on the pirate perspective.
5. The Society has requested a representative of the Kingdom of Prydania to put forth an analysis through questioning as a third party.
6. The Society has questioned Ambassador Svane representing Prydania.
7. This society now commences the formulation of opinions not to be released until complete.

Last edited:
1oYB1U4.png

Official Opinion of Societal Observation 001

0WM3R0c.png

The Sutherland Opinion of Societal Observation 001
Preamble: In the spirit of all that is honorable, fair, and just I, Tanya Burding, a servant of Sutherland and of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations do speak out on behalf of the Sutherlan people and for the benefit of all parties in dispute of this societal observation. I swear to provide an opinion which is reasoned and meant to be fair to all involved for a better Eras.

Question 1: Does Benolia have just cause to capture pirates who have acted against the state but do not hold citizenship within their nation and try them according to Benolian Law?

Opinion 1: Under normal circumstances, those who commit crimes against others while in another country are tried according to the rule of law in which the crime has been committed. However, the crimes in question of the Ereion plunderers have taken place in open waters not being controlled by any one nation. A logical course of action would be the beginning of a dialogue between the states of Benolia and Ereion, but be it noted that the instability of governance in Ereion makes that an impossible end. Therefore, this member of the society see it reasonable to consider those vessels plundered through the act of piracy as an extension of the territory by which they receive their origin. Therefore, any vessel that has been attacked in the Genovian Strait by the pirates gives the national origin of the attacked vessel the authority to try such attackers by their own law. This right does not only exist for Benolia but any nation that has been a victim of these plunderers.

Assisting Points to Question 1:With this opinion, it is important to also remember some points when dealing with the prosecution of the Ereion nationals. The human dignity must always be remembered during legal processes. Even though the plunderers are not citizens of those countries they offend, they must be afforded the same rights as a citizen would hold during the deliberative legal process. Theft is a serious crime but not one that deserves hasty action by the state such as execution, mutilation, or extensive torture. Furthermore, if imprisonment is the cost of their actions, let they be treated as equally as any prisoner that holds citizenship of the offended state. It is just also that precautions are taken within the prisons to ensure the safety of the pirates so that individuals may not take liberties to infringe on their rights in the fashion of a vigil ante for the law of the state is certainly for all and not just the privileged.

Question 2:Is Benolia's expansion of maritime territory within the Genovian Strait justified if it is for the capturing of pirate actors who have caused damage to Benolia's economic wellbeing and providing of basic goods to the citizens under their jurisdiction?

Opinion 2:As aforementioned in Opinion 1, there is not justification of territorial expansion within the Genovian Strait. Benolia and any other nation that sends vessels through the strait for economic or diplomatic purposes has the right to protect its possessions by use of defensive force with and only with the intent of defense. A neutral strait allows all nations to freely defend what is theirs.

Assisting Points to Question 2:It is necessary to deal with the problem between Benolia along with other esteemed nations and the pirates of Ereion. A suggestible course of action would be to provide humanitarian aid to the pirate communities because their acts are obviously out of a need to survive rather out of spite or hate for Benolia. The providing of humanitarian aid should not include military supplies or arms that could effect the fragile balance of power that plagues Ereion currently. Any attempt to influence the internal structure of Ereion would be a grave overreach of any nation’s power. Therefore, may humanitarian action be the seed by which prosperity and the betterment of Ereion conditions comes about. It is important that this action of humanitarianism is not seen as an act of blackmail by the pirates. The Ereion community is in great need of prosperity and a return to societal stability and an act of charity can be the beginning rather than an act of selfish influence or power hungry desire.

Conclusion: All of these points have been approved by both the Arc-Wonderess and Arc-Regent of Sutherland. This opinion has no political authority over any nation within or external to the Eras Society of Honorable Nations but rather acts as an advisory document in the hope that it may aid all involved nations in the formation of their very important decisions concerning the matter. May endless good come from it.

Signed in faith and peace,

VERITAS

Last edited:
Qpbm0ww.png

Following the favorable reports of Representative Katja Knacke. I, Direktor Gregori Knacke on behalf of the nation of Norsia do formally submit this application. Norsia hereby requests admittance to the Eras Society of Honorable Nations as a full member. we find this society true to its word and the results its already produced Gratifying.

If accepted; representative Katja Knacke will stay in her current position as Norsia's representative within the society for the foreseeable future.

Gregori Knacke
Direktor of Foreign Affairs of the Norsi Völker společenstvi

The Norsian People's Commonwealth has applied for membership to this honorable society. I bring to order a vote on the application. If there are any objections then let them be voiced also. The vote shall conclude either when one result has obtained a majority of votes which is currently (3) or Friday September 7th if a majority of members have voted by the end of that date.

From the Office of Foreign Relations and Trade in the RM

The Republic of Mondari formally applies for observer status in the ESHN. The Mondic Government doesn't have an inclination for or against the ESHN, however, the Mondic Government wishes to sit in on topics of interest for the ESHN. Therefore, we believe that becoming an observer could allow the Government to come to a decision on whether full status in the ESHN would benefit the RM.

Anthony Brooks

Secretary of Foreign Relations and Trade

Preston Milton

President of the RM

Last edited:
The Vallish Confederation votes aye on the admission of Norsia as a full member.

National request of admittance:

As head of international affairs and head councilmen of Tommatito I, Thomas Nelson, request to re-join your society. After our previous confusion and chaos we are offially reformed to our previous state. We would like to be apart of this great association once again. We eagerly await for your response.

Signed,
Thomas Nelson

The Norsian Peoples Commonwealth votes Nay on the admission of Tommatito. We believe Tommatito to be too unstable at present time despite their claims otherwise. They should nail down their internal affairs before looking towards guiding others in the external. Tommatito needs more time.

The Federal Republic of Ninhundland would like to join the ESHN as an obverser state as it would give us a chance to grow our diplomacy.

Observer Status:
1oYB1U4.png

On the Observer Status of Ninhundland

We as a body welcome you the leaders and people of Ninhundland to this society as an observer. We cannot deny the regrettable history that has been connected to your government, but we stand here as a body willing to see when a nation wishes better for both itself and the world. Therefore, we cannot deny you the simple right of being here among us and being a part of the conversation. If in the future, your nation shows that it is taking acts to better itself, then may membership then be considered a possibility.

In honor,
Tanya Burding
Chancellor of the Eras Society of Honorable Nations

Last edited:
Back