Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965

sc.jpg

Commend Solorni
Category: Commendation | Nominee: Solorni
Proposed by: HMS Unicorn | Onsite Topic

The World Assembly,

Notes that the government of Solorni also controls Swift Sure.

Acknowledges Solorni's fundamental contributions to the establishment of Balder. During Balder's early days, Solorni was instrumental in guaranteeing the security of the region. Solorni was one of the main coordinators of first constitutional convention of Balder, which established a sovereign and democratic government for the region that continues to this day.

Highlights Solorni's service as WA Delegate and Queen of Balder. Solorni achieved unique levels of support among the region, as evidenced by record endorsement numbers and longevity. During Solorni's delegacy, Balder has experienced unprecedented levels of activity, and prosperity. Solorni has encouraged development and innovation in Balder, ensuring that the regional government constantly evolves to serve the needs of its community.

Admires Solorni's contributions to the security and stability of Balder. Solorni serves as the chief administrator for the regional forum. Solorni oversaw the creation of the Royal Council and its transformation into the Monarchy, institutions dedicated to protecting Balder from external threats and safeguarding democratic governance. Solorni has been a member of both institutions throughout their existence.

Applauds Solorni's work in Europeia, where they served multiple times as President and Cabinet member. Solorni's second presidential term marked the foundation of modern Europeian foreign policy, resulting in increased interregional prominence for the region. As Grand Admiral of the Europeian Republican Navy, Solorni instituted systematic training and recruitment programs, resulting in record deployment numbers and transforming the Navy into an interregionally respected military force. Solorni has been one of the most prolific regional recruiters, introducing numerous nations to the Europeian community and, through transformative contributions to the Europeian Citizens' Assembly, encouraging their engagement.

Appreciates Solorni's contributions to the historic region of Empires of Earth, where they served in multiple cabinet offices. Solorni led the revival and refounding of the region as Queen and Empress, securing its history for future generations.

Recognizes Solorni as a world-renowned diplomat. Solorni has negotiated treaties resulting in long-lasting alliances between regions such as Balder, Europeia, Lazarus, Osiris, The East Pacific, The Land of Kings and Emperors, The North Pacific, and The West Pacific. Solorni has been an active contributor to the successful multi-regional organizations of the World Assembly Legislative League and the GCR Sovereignty Accords. Solorni has been a committed proponent of the ideology of Independence, advocating for a pragmatic approach to diplomacy that prioritizes regional interests.

Acclaims the charismatic leadership style of Solorni, characterized by a strong emphasis on community building and active communication. Solorni has consistently striven to raise awareness about important issues through publications whose reach extends beyond regional borders. In all regions they were involved, Solorni facilitated the successful integration and mentorship of numerous new nations, many of which have continued on to serve as regional leaders.

Hereby commends Solorni.

Co-authored by McMasterdonia.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2018_04_24_commend_solorni[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2018_04_24_commend_solorni[/wavote]

This proposal commends Solorni, a prominent ally of The North Pacific. Solorni, the Delegate of Balder, negotiated and enforced a mutual-protection treaty with The North
Pacific between Balder. Furthermore, she co-founded the World Assembly Legislative League, an alliance which The North Pacific is a founding member of. Solorni has defended The North Pacific from hostile forces numerous times over the past 4 years.

For these reasons the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote for the proposal.

While I understand that many here like Rach (and I , in fact, used to myself), a few things worth considering:
- In Balder, among the residents, Solorni has always represented herself as a single nation player, loyal only to Balder.
- In Balder, there was never any formal announcement to the thousands of residents, that a move to Monarchy was being considered - not a single telegram on the issue was sent. Not a single post in the RMB. The vote was held among a very small cabal of players in the region, on the DL, and they have, right up until last month, refused to share information, publicly, on the number of people who voted.
- Those in Balder who wanted a dictator for life (and that's what we got) represented less than 1/8 of 1% of the entire population of the region. Not because people didn't care (which is what we were perpetually encouraged by our goverment, to believe) but because a handful of players didn't deem it necessary to bring anyone else into the process - a problem that remains in the nation to this day. Balder is, and has since the transition, been an oligarchy, not a Democracy.
- Solorni has been all but an absentee over the last 1.5 years in Balder. I can't recall a single time during that period when she actually cast a vote on a WA issue. There was a period of nearly 8 months, when there was absolutely no moderation on the RMB, and it was over-run by a few trolls who decimated regional chat. The boards went from 20-30 posts daily, and dropped to nearly zero. The RMB never fully recovered.
- My dissatisfaction in the region aside, there were several times over the last 2 years when residents/citizens in the region raised issues over the highly restrictive endo-cap (15) which many saw as not a measure to secure the region (since it was mathematically impossible to get as many as Rach and NES), but yet another effort to suppress free speech. And the discussion of ideas outside of the status quo in Balder has always been forbidden.
- Over the last year in particular, the government in Balder had moved almost exclusively to Discord. There was practically no activity on forum, and 80% of the 'elected' officials, Rach herself, Alvalero, and NES were 60-90 days without logging into the game. Under Balder's own rules, this lack of visitation to the forum should have voided their citizenship and their positions. They made some extrajudicial decisions to usurp their own rules. A common practice in Balder.
- This ongoing absenteeism, double-standard with the rules of the region, off-shore/arms-length governance, and absolute disrespect for residents/citizens of Balder is what eventually cause me to speak up/speak out on behalf of residents. This is why I was ejected from the region: I had the audacity to point out that they were basically running the place into the ground.
- There is little or no Democracy in Balder. WA members are not made aware of or encouraged to vote on issues. Elections are not announced on the RMB. The views of nations are dismissed, and the government is utterly corrupted.

It's a whole lot different on the inside than it may appear from a distance, and ultimately, that tone is set by the Monarch.

I will vote Against.

I was going to vote For, but Bowloftoast has shared some shocking revelations that I think reveal how undeserving of a commendation Rach really is. She's deceived us all. AGAINST

Syrixia:
I was going to vote For, but Bowloftoast has shared some shocking revelations that I think reveal how undeserving of a commendation Rach really is. She's deceived us all. AGAINST

Syrixia they are unfounded allegations that are not supported by any evidence. I wish I had time to refute them but some of them are truly ridiculous.

For example, Rach votes on almost all WA resolutions and is one of the most active members of WALL.. Secondly the allegation that she didn't log in for 60-90 days is absurd. If that was the case, she would have ceased to exist. She is also on the forum every single day. The claims are not based on anything.

mcmasterdonia:
Secondly the allegation that she didn't log in for 60-90 days is absurd.
That claim caught my eye so much that I personally went to the Balder Forum while not logged into an account. Just from the public areas visible by guests. From January of 2017 to today. There is a drop off in July (2017), Early to Mid-January (2018) and February (2018) every other month had somewhere between 2-10 full pages of posts.

I don't really want to touch on whether or not I deserve a commendation but I do want to touch on Balder. As a sinker, Balder has struggled at times with resources compared to the feeders and large user created regions. So, there are a few qualified statements I want to make that shows both our successes and challenges:

We have the highest average activity on our forums compared to all the other sinkers by a large margin. This doesn't mean that we always have the activity we want so this is always a challenge for us. Our average activity over our history has been about 55 posts per day.

So on the one hand, Balder has done very well in relation to it's peers but on the other hand we all want it to be more sustainable, consistent and stronger. THX and I share this concern. It's a difficult challenge because we need to create solutions that have simply not been created yet.

I'm on my phone, but I do want to say that I am sorry for what happened with you THX. I had been dealing with a very difficult personal issue that month with a stalker and my activity did dip because of it. It really hurt me and it hurt me that what happened with you. So I do hope you are doing well here and I am really happy to see that you are still around because I considered you a friend. If you ever want to talk to me, you can always TG or even PMe here.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back