Deropia
Discord
Dero#2736

sc.jpg

Commend Alasdair I Frosticus
Category: Commendation | Nominee: Alasdair I Frosticus
Proposed by: Tinhampton | Onsite Topic

THE SECURITY COUNCIL:

RECOGNISING The Holy Empire of Alasdair I Frosticus (a nation better known as the Holy Empire, hereinafter THE) to have been founded around March 2003 - or at least what many nations consider to be March 2003, since time is non-linear in THE - and THE's territory, The Holy Monastic Republic of The Archregimancy (TA), to have been founded in August 2005;

NOTING the existence of a football World Cup (WC) first organised in antiquity, widely considered the world's premier sporting stage, with 79 editions played and hundreds of nations served over the past 14 years. THE was one of the 32 nations that played at the 1st WC, one of only two now extant (with Ariddia), and the only one playing at the 79th WC;

INSPIRED at the effort consistently put in by THE for the WC throughout history, including:

• []*hosting four WCs (plus one as TA), an achievement few other nations have rivalled: hosting the 2nd WC alone, the 28th (as TA) with New Montreal States, the 34th with Ariddia, the 50th with Krytenia, and the 69th with Apox;
  • making the WC final eight times (and winning it at the 48th, 60th, 62nd and 69th WCs), no doubt aided by THE's dedication to attacking football;
  • playing at 50 WCs proper (including all WCs between the 32nd and 73th editions), more than any other nation (even despite not playing at all between the 8th and 24th WCs); and
  • induction into the World Cup Hall of Fame after the 45th WC, thus securing THE's legacy as one of history's great football-playing nations;
RECALLING the following facts about the many creative scenarios that have involved THE in past WCs:

• THE has fielded a diversity of squads in the past: from humans to jumping foodstuffs to refugees from the Land of Faerie to the Fog-Thing of Antiquity, and most latterly intergalactic zombie space pirates;
  • THE's coach, Juan Tzimisces, has stayed in his role for the last 54 WCs; he also led a brave defence of THE's Black Gate for 100 days during The Event, which ended before the 48th WC;
  • As a nation in The Dreamed Realm, THE is accessible solely by portal (and not by what many nations would deem to be normal transport);
  • The long-running World Cup Show with Basil and Theo is renowned as a snarky highlights show covering games that THE has recently played; and
  • When THE played at the 45th WC and made the final (losing 4-1 to Candelaria and Marquez), despite never making the semifinals before, THE fielded a team of cavemen who eschewed normal footballs for spherical rocks. The team captain, Ug-Ug, kept a monosyllabic diary throughout said WC, retiring after the 48th WC;
UNDERSTANDING, therefore, that THE is a nation with much experience and knowledge of world football, which is thankfully passed onto football associations the world over in the form of guidance and stabilisation;

IMPRESSED at how, via TA, THE's various general debaters have been consistently relied upon for dialogue on matters historical, archaeological and political; being well-respected by many other debaters, and regularly ranking highly in debating awards ceremonies;

BELIEVING that the achievements and continued presence of the Holy Empire/Alasdair I Frosticus - which have taken up the better part of the world's existence, but have led to respect from countless nations, and inspired more still to engage in general debate and the football World Cup - deserve recognition by this august body:

HEREBY COMMENDS The Holy Empire of Alasdair I Frosticus.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2018_04_16_commend_alasdair_i_frosticus[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2018_04_16_commend_alasdair_i_frosticus[/wavote]

This proposal commends a prominent player in the NS Sports community. We believe that nations who contribute massively to the community should be commended and that the target nation deserves this commendation.

For these reasons the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote For the proposal.

Not a big fan of sports commendations, but it has other stuff that makes it bearable. FOR

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back