-
-
Pronouns
he/him/his
TNP Nation
Siwale
Discord
siwale
The Security Council has nominated r3naissanc3r for a seat on the Security Council. The vote for his admission was unanimous, with 6 ayes, 0 nays, 0 abstentions, and 4 non-voting members.

The Chair now presents this to the Regional Assembly for discussion.

I have absolutely no issue with him being a member of the Security Council, in fact, you'd be hard-pressed to find anybody more qualified for a seat.

I concur with Kasch - R3n is as qualified a candidate for the Security Council as there is.

I think anyone would be hard pressed to find any reason to object to r3n joining the Security Council. R3ns contributions to the community are far too numerous to list here. Full support.

This can be fixed.

Answer me these questions three:

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Who is Robert Stadler?

If the Delegate has 1000 endorsements, the Vice Delegate 950, and a nation has 900 endorsements for six months, how much of the Delegate's influence would it take to eject and ban that nation? How much of the Vice Delegate's, assuming the Vice Delegate has border control powers as a Security Councillor? How long would it take them to recoup the lost influence?

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Apparently depends on the continent of origin of the bird.

Who is Robert Stadler?
Assuming you aren't talking about the owner of the eponymous gmail account (ahem), I believe it is a character in Atlas Shrugged. Unfortunately, I've never read this book, so I don't know much more about the character.

If the Delegate has 1000 endorsements, the Vice Delegate 950, and a nation has 900 endorsements for six months, how much of the Delegate's influence would it take to eject and ban that nation? How much of the Vice Delegate's, assuming the Vice Delegate has border control powers as a Security Councillor? How long would it take them to recoup the lost influence?
I assume that the "six months" applies not only to the to-be-ejected nation, but also to the delegate and vice delegate. I also treat all months as having 30 days. And finally, I assume that the delegate and vice delegate continue to have the same number of endorsements after the ejection.

Base influence calculations
Delegate's influence: (1000 endorsements) * (6 months) * (30 days) * (2 updates) = 360000
Vice delegate's influence: 950 * 6 * 30 * 2 = 342000
Nation's influence: 900 * 6 * 30 * 2 = 324000

Case 1: Ejection by the delegate
Cost to eject and ban using delegate controls: (324000 influence) / 2 = 162000
Cost as percentage of delegate's influence: (162000 influence) / (360000 influence) * 100 = 45%
Time to recoup lost influence: (162000 influence) / [(1000 endorsements) * (2 updates)] = 81 days

Case 2: Ejection by the vice delegate
Cost to eject and ban using border controls: 324000 / 2 * 2 = 324000
Cost as percentage of delegate's influence: 324000 / 342000 * 100 = 94.73%
Time to recoup lost influence: 324000 / (950 * 2) = 171 days

Will he take this oath this time?

If not, would that make it the fourth time he's failed to do so and thus vacated the office of Security Councillor?

Back