Wonderess

"I will be true to you whatever comes."
-
-
TNP Nation
Castle in Confidence
Discord
.wonderess
In light of the current climate of mystery and instability that plagues the world of NationStates, this body instructs the Minister of Culture and the Minister of Foreign Affairs to work together in accomplish the following:

1. First Directive:The Minster of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of Culture shall use the resources of their ministry to organize The World Expositions of Regions of 2018.

2. Time and Duration: This event is to take place over the course of a month beginning June 1st 2018 and concluding June 30th 2018.

3. Location: The Exposition shall take place in a new forum created for the occasion, but in official capacity the host of the exposition shall be the The North Pacific

4. Purpose: This exposition shall be a cultural center by which The North Pacific and her allies shall reaffirm their relationships by sharing ideas, culture, and fellowship.

5. Organization of Leadership: 1. The head of the Exposition shall be jointly the Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of Culture. 2. The joint heads shall jointly nominate a chairperson of the Exposition who shall hold the official capacity as a member of both the Ministries of Foreign Affairs and Culture. This chairperson shall function as an ambassador to the Exposition and shall be the prime representative of The North Pacific during the Exposition. 3. The joint heads and the chairperson shall be administrators of the Exposition’s forum.

6. Organization of the Exposition: The Exposition shall have seven pavilions that represent seven distinct areas of conversation concerning the world of NationStates. These pavilions are The Pavilion of the World Assembly, The Pavilion of Participation, The Pavilion of Security, The Pavilion of Cultures, The Pavilion of Regional Relations, The Pavilion of Role Playing, and The Pavilion of Regions. Each pavilion will be open to topics and discussions to improve the stated topics.

7. Instrument of Affecting Change: Other than the pavilions, there shall be a section of the Exposition named Exposition Center. This center shall be a place for regions to speak bilaterally and multilaterally in order to formulate treaties or agreements for the betterment of all.

8. Representation: The Delegate of the North Pacific along with his or her cabinet are allowed to deliberate which regions to invite to the Exposition. It is highly recommended that both regions with and without embassies of The North Pacific are considered for participation. The Pavilion of Regions shall be the location of individual regional pavilions which shall be the center of representation for that invited region.

9. Hosting: The Minister of Foreign Affairs and the Minister of Culture along with the Chairperson of the Exposition are the executive board of the Exposition. However, the board is allowed to delegate management of the pavilions or other relevant tasks to others who they can deputize in an official capacity.

10. Conclusion of the Exposition: The Chairperson of the Exposition is to create a report that documents the advancements and outcomes of the Exposition that concern The North Pacific which shall be presented to the Delegate, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and the Minister of Culture. All appointments made for the purpose of serving the exposition shall be disbanded including the Chairperson of the Exposition after the presentation of the report.

11. Nature of this Legislation: This document is not to be included in the legal code of the North Pacific nor any other document of law. Therefore, it shall exist independently until the close of the Exposition. Thereafter, the Regional assembly may choose to keep this document for another year by which this event shall occur in the year of 2019 by a majority vote. Otherwise, this legislation shall be struck from the law of The North Pacific after accomplishing its task.

This is interesting in that it gives the Regional Assembly a second chance to review what exactly the Regional Assembly can and cannot propose. I listed a bunch of powers that I found within the constibilicode in the last thread where something like this appeared, and once again I'm not sure where this fits, except for one small quirk...

The list:

an act to enact, amend, or repeal a law,
a motion to declare an emergency,
a declaration of war,
an override of the Vice Delegate's rejection of an applicant,
an override of a Delegate's veto,
a confirmation of a government official which requires confirmation,
a motion to remove a Security Council member,
a motion to remove a government official,
a motion to recognize a treaty,
a motion to allow the Serving Delegate to assign Border Control powers beyond the three member limit,
a mandate to the NPAF,
an override of an NPAF deployment,
a motion to edit the line of succession,
+ a non-effective resolution (as it in has no legal standing) to state a view or make a recommendation.[note]http://forum.thenorthpacific.org/single/?p=10123265&t=9126183[/note](from Zyvet, click the link below)

In the beginning it sounds like the last part of that list, a non-binding resolution, and instruction to the executive of what we would like to see done. Clause 11 calls that into question. So my question to the proposer is this... Is this a non-binding resolution or is it binding law that you are proposing? That'll determine whether we'll need to review the legality of this.

I could see this being reworded into a non-binding resolution if it isn't already, a way for the RA to tell the executive that we would like to see this done.

The other question I would then have is... How would this event be distinguishable from the NationStates World Fair?

Firstly, I would say that in order to avoid legal hurdles, this will be a non binding resolution that is just an advisement.

Secondly, great question! This is an Exposition hosted by The North Pacific with the interests and role of The North Pacific at the forefront of the Exposition's vision. I believe this is necessary in order to remind the world of The North Pacific's role and wellbeing despite the turmoil that surrounds the other large regions currently.

Also: I have been advised that it would be best to consider bringing this proposal to an official vote after the next general election as to allow for a smooth development process and stable ministry without needing to worry about the transfer of power. Thoughts?

If you want TNP to host an NSWF, bring it up with the government; all we gotta do is ask those who are choosing where it's being hosted to host the next one here.

All this is is NSWF but always in TNP.

No.

Syrixia:
If you want TNP to host an NSWF, bring it up with the government; all we gotta do is ask those who are choosing where it's being hosted to host the next one here.

No.
I understand your concerns, but I respectfully disagree. The region could learn so much and also grow by hosting a great meeting of its neighbors and allies. A generic World's Fair would take The North Pacific's role out of the event by focusing on the world as a whole. Plus, there would be no way to know or regulate who is coming to such a fair. I've noted the weakening of participation in Foreign Affairs and Culture. What better way to energize participation than to create the event of the year that solidifies our relationships with other regions and even creates new ones. Trust is a commodity that can be hard to come by today. It is my hope that the Exposition could increase the treasury of trust while also spreading the culture, values, and success of The North Pacific even further. Another word I have heard thrown around when discussing The North Pacific is "stagnation". I believe that this comes from a lack of exploration, communication, and association with entities outside TNP gates. Not only can we help others, but others could be given the opportunity to grow and strengthen our government, role plays, and culture. This is a celebration of The North Pacific as a hallmark of regions and a region that can be trusted to aid its allies and even listen to their ideas from time to time.

Syrixia:

No.
NSWF was a coughs minor diplomatic incident last year. Not quite sure we want to organize another one

This may be a dead proposal now, but if not: I really don't believe there will such a vast amount of participation, particularly given what happened at the last such similar event TNP was involved with, that 7 pavilions will be necessary, 8 including the Exposition Center which, in itself, would seem to be a duplication of the Pavilion of Regional Relations. You might do better to have 3 pavilions or thereabouts.

It might also be a good place to reinforce our Admins findings regarding that last incident, I use the word 'reinforce,' because I would hope that not only would a formal apology/explanation from our Admins be issued to all that were directly involved, regions and nations, but that such an apology also be made on the main NS forum.

This thread hasn't been posted in for 2 months. If you have a concern or suggestion for the TNP admin team, you should really make it in the appropriate forum for that. This is for RA business.

Back