Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965

sc.jpg

Liberate “The Communal Confederacy”
Category: Liberation | Nominee: The Communal Confederacy
Proposed by: La Navasse | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Observing that The Communal Confederacy, a revolutionary leftist region, once had over forty nations in its youth;

Noting the region’s decline and inactivity, especially after the Founder, The FAJ Federation, ceased to exist;

Distraught at the current occupation by the fascist KAISERREICH, who has locked down the region;

Appalled by the high number of “Colonies”, or trophy regions, that the invading region possesses;

Highly Disturbed by the near certainty of regional destruction and a refound of The Communal Confederacy by KAISERREICH;

Distressed by the actions of the recent foreign delegate and current Homeland Officer, Fox Mulderss, and the "Additional Necessary Duties" Wanton Disregard towards destroying the region;

Believing that the region will not reach its fullest potential, which it had barely shown in its youth, without a SC Liberation;

Hereby Liberates The Communal Confederacy.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2018_03_05_liberate_the_communal_confederacy[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2018_03_05_liberate_the_communal_confederacy[/wavote]

I’m not 100% sure about this, as far as I know there are no active natives to return to the region. I’ll vote For for now, but I’m still skeptical

Currently have yet to see any community wanting to return. Would therefore be a pointless offensive liberation. Should the facts about change. I will reconsider.

Against

After further consideration I intend to vote Present

I'd say FOR cause I could see TRF and/or other anti-fash fighting to take it from KR for any natives that might want to return or other people that might wanna start something. I also just dont like fascists like KR.

Much as I dislike the author, I am FOR this. I don't know if any natives are interested in coming back but some regions may be interested in at least preventing it from becoming a fascist refound.

For

Against

I have been moved by Prydania's testimonial on this vote. I tend to be open-minded and wary of painting with too broad a brush. I am still very much of the opinion that Nazis and right wing extremism should be fought at every turn where it exists. But when fighting these things, we should take care to make sure we do not fight indiscriminately. It can be hard to draw that line, and perhaps this is because I have been in this very situation before, and gave the benefit of the doubt to people no one else did but who proved to be worth it, but I am willing to change my vote in this case.

So I know this won't change much, but I thought I would speak up anyway.

Normally I try to avoid the Raider/Defender debate, but this one caught my eye. A lot of this is a re-post from a post I made in the NS WA SC forum thread, but meh. If it's worth saying once...

First off, I'm well aware of KReich's history working with Nazi Europe. I'm aware of the history. I'm not debating the history. Also? Anyone who knows me, or who has followed my admittedly sporadic posts in the WA, will know I have no tolerance for fascism or Nazism. It’s an issue that’s very dear to my heart. So much so that I would fully support purging overt Nazism from the game entirely.

That being said? I mostly got the feeling from KReich that they were just Imperial German fanboys and fangirls. Monarchists? Yes. Conservatives? Probably, for the most part. Nazis though? I don’t get that feeling from the current group of people running things. And due to how serious I take Nazism and fascism? I like to think I’ve developed an effective sense for sniffing out their bs. I just don’t find much here.

Now I’m not a naive person. I know that Imperial German symbolism has been co-opted by Nazis and fascists. And that these symbols are often used to provide cover. So it’s because of those concerns, and the concerns over a very tasteless joke made by their Kaiser, that I reached out to someone from the region to ask them about my concerns.
I don’t claim to be the final arbiter of who is and isn’t a fascist or Nazi, but over the course of my discussion with this person via TG? I can say I never got the sense that the racist and destructive world views inherent in Nazism were present in KReich.

They’re just people who like the German Empire of 1871-1918. And I’m not comfortable watering down the labels of “fascist” and “Nazi” by applying it to them.

I feel I have to vote against this, as I don't feel comfortable branding a region as "fascist" when I don't believe the term applies to them. I admit my vote won't change anything, but I felt the need to say my peace after communicating with individuals from KReich who took time to address the concerns I had.

Against.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back