Discord
BMWSurfer#1965

sc.jpg

Liberate Westphalia
Category: Liberate | Nominee: Westphalia
Proposed by: Etlara | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Noting Westphalia’s long, eventful, and treasured history as a region,

Appreciating the steps it has taken to bring nations together, through the creation of a constitution, a map, its own government, and many other efforts made to strengthen their community,

Remembering when Westphalia was once a massive region, with over six hundred members,

Acknowledging that Westphalia is currently in a state of rebirth after losing its Founder, and was, until recently, re-electing its own government and forming countless regional alliances,

Reminding the international community that Westphalia is easily one of the largest openly Defender-oriented regions,

Recognizing that Westphalia has recently been invaded by a massive coalition of eight infamous invader regions,

Saddened that such action would be initiated by these raider groups during a time of Renaissance for the region of Westphalia,

Observing that the amount of Raiders easily outnumbers Westphalia’s long-time protectorate, SWORD, which was formerly known as FORGE,

Worrying that the raid destabilizes the region so soon after a recent upheaval, which including the loss of its Founder,

Understanding that Westphalia has been targeted entirely for symbolic purposes, to serve as a rallying cry for further Raids, and finding this resolution necessary to send a message against such provocative and disruptive action by the raiding community upon significant Defender regions,

Believing that if this resolution were to pass, that it would give more time for defenders to muster a force to liberate the region,

Hereby liberates Westphalia.

Co-authored by The Grand Puffle Republic

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2018_02_04_liberate_westphalia[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2018_02_04_liberate_westphalia[/wavote]

Westphalia is a major and very old defender region who, among other things, founded FORGE – one of the biggest defender alliances in NationStates. However, they have broken our recruitment policy in the past by trying to recruit nations from The North Pacific. Furthermore, the Ministry would note that a password has not been imposed on the region, and appears unlikely to be imposed in the future as the influence levels of the natives in the region have considerable regional influence making a refound extremely difficult. Thus, making this liberation unnecessary.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends a vote against the resolution.

If those posting against could explain why (same for everyone else really), that'd be great. :P

Edit: especially as it's three members of the WA Ministry - including the minister - and a recommendation is yet to be published.

St George:
If those posting against could explain why (same for everyone else really), that'd be great. :P

Edit: especially as it's three members of the WA Ministry - including the minister - and a recommendation is yet to be published.
Well, my reasoning is that since Westphalia has violated our recruitment policy and has therefore acted against our interests. It's my understanding that from a Foreign Affairs perspective, we're not that fond of Westphalia.

Strongly Against. I've heard some very bad things about Westphalia's attitudes to other regions, and they've violated our recruitment policy in the past. I don't see why we should be voting to liberate them.

I don't particularly care for this liberation, but does anyone have a copy of this alleged "violation of the recruitment policy" or is dog piling just the flavor of the month ;)

Altmoras:
I don't particularly care for this liberation, but does anyone have a copy of this alleged "violation of the recruitment policy" or is dog piling just the flavor of the month ;)
Unfortunately, I don't have access to the recruitment TG they sent out as I believe this was some time ago.

BMWSurfer:

sc.jpg

Liberate Westphalia
Category: Liberate | Nominee: Westphalia
Proposed by: Etlara | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Noting Westphalia’s long, eventful, and treasured history as a region,

Appreciating the steps it has taken to bring nations together, through the creation of a constitution, a map, its own government, and many other efforts made to strengthen their community,

Remembering when Westphalia was once a massive region, with over six hundred members,

Acknowledging that Westphalia is currently in a state of rebirth after losing its Founder, and was, until recently, re-electing its own government and forming countless regional alliances,

Reminding the international community that Westphalia is easily one of the largest openly Defender-oriented regions,

Recognizing that Westphalia has recently been invaded by a massive coalition of eight infamous invader regions,

Saddened that such action would be initiated by these raider groups during a time of Renaissance for the region of Westphalia,

Observing that the amount of Raiders easily outnumbers Westphalia’s long-time protectorate, SWORD, which was formerly known as FORGE,

Worrying that the raid destabilizes the region so soon after a recent upheaval, which including the loss of its Founder,

Understanding that Westphalia has been targeted entirely for symbolic purposes, to serve as a rallying cry for further Raids, and finding this resolution necessary to send a message against such provocative and disruptive action by the raiding community upon significant Defender regions,

Believing that if this resolution were to pass, that it would give more time for defenders to muster a force to liberate the region,

Hereby liberates Westphalia.

Co-authored by The Grand Puffle Republic

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

I would choose to abstain since I don't have a ready opinion on this matter, not knowing Westphilia's history aside from the information provided by TNP delegates in the WA. I'm also curious to know why preemptive military action cannot be taken against aggressors/raider regions that destabilize regions. Especially since our delegates always know what they are planning. Raiders seem to be an endemic and perpetual threat in NationStates.​

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back