Veniyerris
Discord
BMWSurfer#1965

sc.jpg

Liberate Iran
Category:Liberation | Nominee: Iran
Proposed by: Feux | Onsite Topic

The Security Council,

Noting Iran has a treasured history that is important to the international community,

Regretting that the natives were misled by an invasion which ultimately resulted in the region's destruction behind a password,

Observing the similarities between the invasion of Greece, which resulted in Security Council Resolution #29, and the invasion of Iran:

August 5/7, 2013: Gharechi (also known as Avalonian persia) and Persepolis the great appeared in Iran. Persepolis the Great had been founded that very same day. Gharechi released a dispatch that day explaining their "intentions" for moving to Iran. This group antagonized the regional community while making false accusations against the native delegate.

December 8 2014: Baharestan took the delegacy with the support of Gharechi and Persepolis the Great and promptly ejected and banned natives. Natives were encouraged by Baharestan, Gharechi et al. to leave Iran for a backwater region named Shahish Empire that was controlled by Persian Empire (which directed the occupation of Greece). The reason given for this policy - to conserve regional influence - was plainly false. Presumably, the real intent of the policy was to mislead natives from the region to accelerate its abandonment and annihilation.

May - August 2014: Persepolis the Great replaces Avalonian Persia as delegate, who replaced Baharestan.

August 15, 2014: Persepolis the Great alters the password of the region.

September 8, 2014: Twenty four days later, Persepolis the Great resigns from the World Assembly.

Recognizing that a native at the time, Iramerica, attempted to save the region with a liberation proposal on May 12 2014, though the nation was temporarily removed from the World Assembly for plagiarizing Security Council Resolution #29, “Liberate Greece,” putting the community at a further disadvantage,

Believing that this honored council has failed the community of Iran and ought to do everything in its power to promote security, growth and stability in the region to correct this wrong,

Encouraging interested parties to ensure the security of the region upon the passing of this resolution so that a community can develop,

Hereby Liberates Iran.

Voting Instructions:
  • Vote For if you want the Delegate to vote For the resolution.
  • Vote Against if you want the Delegate to vote Against the resolution.
  • Vote Abstain if you want the Delegate to abstain from voting on this resolution.
  • Vote Present if you are personally abstaining from this vote.

Detailed opinions with your vote are appreciated and encouraged!

[wavote=the_north_pacific,sc]2018_01_23_liberate_iran[/wavote]
[wavote=world,sc]2018_01_23_liberate_iran[/wavote]

“The region of Iran was invaded 5 years ago and was left to die behind a password. Although a significant amount of time has passed since the region was passworded, this should have no effect on whether or not a region is worthy of liberation. The nations currently occupying the region are under the control of a puppetmaster, so the liberation will most likely be successful. Additionally, the author of the proposal reached out to former natives of the region, and there was at least one native that was interested in returning. The Ministry believes that so long as there is at least one native willing to return to their home, that a liberation is worthwhile.

For these reasons, the Ministry of World Assembly Affairs recommends voting for the resolution."

Against. This liberation comes far too late. I don't think there's a native population left to protect.

Pallaith, Yuno, Darc and Sil have made some very valid arguments, I'm changing my vote to For

The founder CTE'd a decade ago, and they waited 5 years to try another liberation attempt. All sympathy is gone. Against.

Did you literally have to wait like half a decade to try another liberation? Besides, this is very old. Against.

This is an old region that falls under the category of significant names, and thus would likely be a favorite target for invasion. The method employed to destroy this region was rather impressive, if not diabolical. And it's achieved its aim of keeping the region in a bad state as so many are convinced there is a statute of limitations on liberations. If no one cared, and no one from the region cared to make an effort, I would be inclined to agree. However, from my reading into the matter, that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't agree that there is a statute of limitations on liberations, and history has shown other regions in a similar boat and with similarly significant names to have come back from the dead.

Liberations can always be repealed. If the trying yields something, if a tiny sliver of natives get to come home and the region sees new life, then I don't see how this could be considered pointless. There's a lot that can go wrong, a lot that may or may not happen, but the fundamentals are the same. This region would have been liberated years ago. Maybe I'm in a good mood or something, but I don't see the harm in doing this. Justice doesn't have a time limit.

For

My opinion is that I would want to vote "For" this.

My reasons are:
That RMB hasn't been posted in at least 3 years 79 days ago.
The "residents" are nothing but a Puppet Script holder, hoarding a good region name locked.

Even if this region "gets raided", it'll be more activity than three years of nothingness. But with proper gameplay planning, that region won't necessarily get raided, it could also be built into a successful region by Iran-enthusiasts. You wouldn't know the outcome without giving it a chance, but it's better than leaving the region locked up for another decade of zero RMB posts. And probably only 1 person with 18 puppets in there.
I think I'd support this Liberation.

If you look at the region yourself https://www.nationstates.net/region=iran and see the password that killed the region, you'd want to get rid of the password.

There's also a chance that the fake natives forgot the password too, if it's a Hidden password.
Better to remove it.

There are little if any tangible harms that would come of voting in favor...the overarching ideas of the arguments against the proposal are that "well it has been much too long" this argumentation is flawed in that it doesn't actually engage with the burden of showing an individual as to why the proposal is bad. At the best case scenario, a form of peace is granted to the natives, at it's worst case scenario nothing changes. Insofar as the manifestation of benefits is more likely than the manifestation of harms...

The stance is: For.

For. One would think this Liberation means someone is up to something. Let's find out if this decade can end.

For. Never too late to help a native return home, and there's support in the drafting thread from one of the previous Iranian WA delegates.

Voting on this resolution has ended.

Thanks to those nations who cast their votes. Your participation is a great help to the region.

This topic has been locked and sent to the Archives for safekeeping. If you would like this topic to be re-opened for further discussion, please contact the WA Delegate, a Global Moderator, or an Administrator for assistance. Thank you.

Back