Amendment Section 3.2 of Legal Code

Dinoium

Legal nerd
-
TNP Nation
Dinoium
Now today i here to help amend Section 3.2 of the Legal Code, it says
Section 3.2: Appointment of Hearing Officers
4. A conflict of interest occurs when a Justice or Hearing Officer has a vested interest in a matter before the Court, or when they are otherwise unable to rule in a fair and unbiased manner.
5. Justices and Hearing Officers are required to recuse themselves from matters where they have a certain or potential conflict of interest.
6. If one or more Justice positions are vacant, or any Justice is absent or has recused themselves, the remaining Justices will promptly appoint replacements from among available citizens to participate as temporary Hearing Officers.
7. If all Justices are vacant, absent, or have recused themselves, the Delegate will promptly appoint the needed Hearing Officers from among available citizens with the agreement of the Speaker.
8. Any recusal or absence of a Hearing Officer will be treated as a vacancy.
9. The Court may recuse any Justice or Hearing Officer by majority vote.
10. The Court must hold a vote on whether to recuse a Justice or Hearing Officer when publicly requested by the prosecution, defense, or petitioner in any matter before the Court.
Now i am here to add an amendment to this section, now read Part 7 of Section 3.2, you see that it says that the delegate will promptly appoint the needed Hearing Officer from among available citizens with the agreement of speaker, now i know the delegate should be active all the time and not be absent for appoint a Hearing Officer but if this does happen, then there's where my Amendment comes in.

1) If all Justices are vacant, absent, or have recused themselves and if the Delegate has been Absent or Recused, the Vice Delegate will promptly appoint the needed Hearing Officers from among available citizens with agreement of the Speaker.

if Vice Delegate is also off the table, then here comes once again anther Amendment.

2) If all Justices are vacant, absent, or have recused themselves, and Delegate has been Absent or Recused, and the Vice Delegate has been Absent or Recused, the Speaker will promptly appoint the needed Hearing Officers from among available citizens with agreement of the Security Council.

this is my Proposal for the two new Amendments, please, if there's anything wrong with it, tell in in the replies.

I don't see this amendment as necessary - due to Article 3, clause 11 of the Constitution, the only time we would ever be without a serving Delegate due to absences or vacancies is if we have no Citizens remaining in the region at all, an unlikely scenario.

There's also the matter that this amendment would specify what to do if the Delegate recuses themselves but the law currently does not specify any scenario when the Delegate would need to.

Darcania:
I don't see this amendment as necessary - due to Article 3, clause 11 of the Constitution, the only time we would ever be without a serving Delegate due to absences or vacancies is if we have no Citizens remaining in the region at all, an unlikely scenario.

There's also the matter that this amendment would specify what to do if the Delegate recuses themselves but the law currently does not specify any scenario when the Delegate would need to.
:headbang: DANG IT!!
well alright then, i am going to go work on some new ideas for other stuff for region assembly then..

Back