mcmasterdonia

Just like a queef in the wind, so is life
-
-
-
TNP Nation
McMasterdonia
moce_seal.png

Today I am announcing a restructure of the roles within the Culture executive staff and a re-evaluation of current members. I have been disappointed with the relative lack of input from Executive Staff that I have received into the ideas put forward for the Cultural Ministry's consideration. Partially for this reason, and with a goal of accomplishing more in the limited time that we have left I will be organising the Culture Staff into four key areas of focus.

All Executive Culture Staff will be required to post in this thread and nominate up to two areas that they wish to focus on for the remainder of the term. While it may seem like you wish to do everything, experience has shown that there is simply not the time to do this. Staff will have 36 hours to sign into this thread and to select their areas of focus, otherwise they will be dismissed from the Culture Staff. These changes will also be reflected in the Executive Staff application thread once the audit has concluded.

1. Event Management - led by Deputy Minister SillyString.

Event management is a huge part of what the Ministry of Culture has been known for since 2012. Events require careful planning and implementation, and require significant time and staffing resources. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and SillyString on the following projects in the coming term:

• TNP Public Holidays
  • TNP NS World Fair booth/hosting application
  • Christmas/New Year Event planning

2. Games and Entertainment - led by Deputy Minister Yukkira.

Another very important area to the Culture Ministry, this is also to serve as the preliminary announcement that Yukkira will be joining as a Deputy Minister responsible for this area of work. For the Friendship Fair, Yukkira has already hosted a number of activities including movie watching, card games, among others. For the remaining part of the term, we will be hosting the 2017 Lennart Awards, organising regular games and entertainment on discord, community VC sessions, and carrying out the flagged review/additions to other key areas of the forum. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and Yukkira on the following projects in the coming term:

• Discord games/entertainment: movie watching, cards against humanity hosting, other activities.
  • QandA Seminars and VC sessions
  • 2017 Lennarts implementation
  • Review and additions to games and arts activities.
  • Review and additions to university discussions

3. Roleplay Events and Promotion - led by Deputy Minister Goyannes

The Ministry will continue to work with St George and other RP moderators in promoting all that our regional roleplay community has to offer. In addition, the Ministry will conduct a recruitment effort of leading RPers to bring them into the Culture Staff to assist in implementing this promotional agenda. We will revise guides currently in place, with a particular focus on the national information subforum in order to encourage it's greater use. Aside from continuing the operation of the Stories of the North Pacific award program, we will also be exploring a flagship region wide roleplay event, to allow RPers to participate as characters from nations, instead of as nations exclusively. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and Goyannes on the following projects in the coming term:

• Promotion of the RP community in-game
  • Recruitment of RPers to Executive Staff for Culture
  • Development of guides for factbooks (easy conversion for on-site content to forum side content).
  • Hosting of region wide RP event
  • Launch of Eras Magazine
  • Continued operation of Stories of the North Pacific

4) Graphic Design - led by Deputy Minister Artemis.

An important supporting role across all areas of the Ministry - Graphic Design! Artemis has been doing a fantastic job but also has a busy schedule, and would love some helpers. Staff involved in this area will have the opportunity to support the work of myself and Artemis on the following projects in the coming term:

• Design of badges and graphics for the World Fair
  • Design of Lennarts Awards
  • Supporting role to other Ministry items
  • Assisting with Eras Magazine Template

Your swift response is appreciated.

I wish to focus on Event Management and Games and Entertainment for the remainder of the term.

Thank you for accepting my application!

I want to focus on Event Management, and Games and Entertainment, that's it.

I wish to focus on Graphic Design as I have in the past as a GD Officer.

I'm here a bit confused but I'll focus on Games and Entertainment and Roleplay Events and Promotion.

Thank you to all have responded. I will be organising you into teams and distributing key tasks (based on the OP) for the weeks ahead.

I have put out a final call to staff who wish to stay on, otherwise I will being the process of pruning.

Event Management, but honestly I'm mostly here because of democracy day, which isn't until July (though planning will begin in March). If you want to remove me, feel free; I'll just have to reapply next term.

Back