Pronouns
They/Them
TNP Nation
Guslantis
Discord
bootsie
[img=300,68]http://i.imgur.com/7V4UONf.png[/img]

Introduction

In March, Thomas revolutionized the phone industry with the creation of a new flagship brand, which we named Azul. In the months after, the devices in the brand grew from two to four, with the launch of our small but powerful Azul S and our powerful 2-in-1, the Azulscape. We have continued to grow with the industry, and owe our success to our partners, such as Virizion, and of course, consumers like you. Between now and 2018, we have decided to make some monumental changes to our brand, and we hope you enjoy what we have to announce today.

Project Gemini

One of the things that Thomas has heard about the most is that many consumers are excited for the second-generation of Azul phones. We have come to announce today, there will be two more Azul phones to join the brand in early 2018. While they're still being designed and perfected, we wanted to give a sneak-peek into what you can expect from the next generation of Azul. Firstly, these phones are part of an entire project, one we call Project Gemini. By mixing the best of hardware and software, these phones are on track to becoming the best phones on the market. They'll be slimmer, they'll be faster, and most importantly, we'll show you why two is better than one.

Prydania Bound

We are excited to announce that because of Thomas, another nation is able to grow and thrive. Residents of the Kingdom of Prydania will soon be able to purchase phones from a local Thomas retail store or center in their area. The largest Thomas location that will soon be built is Thomas Beaconsfield, a retail center in the capital city that will not only be home to all of Thomas' devices and services, but also will be a monument to the successes of technology in Guslantis and the world. It will be constructed of only the best materials, and will be a postmodern design. It will feature an Ayuda chatbot, and will be operational in just a couple of months. In addition to Thomas Beaconsfield, we'll also be building much smaller retail stores in Hadden, Keris, and Haland. The city of Alaterva has been selected to house our operations center for Prydania.

Corporate Restructuring

From its founding, Alicia Burns (later Durand) has graciously served as Chief Executive Officer of Thomas. Unfortunately, due to her public service as Chancellor, she has not been able to perform both duties to the best of her ability. It was agreed among the Board that control would be transferred from Mrs. Durand, and a new CEO would be selected to better represent Thomas. It was decided that Felicia Scott, the current GusNet Development Coordinator, would be promoted and given the title of Chief Executive Officer of Thomas. Her previous position of GNDC will be dissolved, and replaced with a Regional Development Supervisor, who will be over not only GusNet development, but all technologies that Thomas produces. Dr. Hachiro Yamasaki will be in this role, and have all of the Regional Development Coordinators reporting to him. Mrs. Durand will remain on the Board and a majority shareholder, and will continue to appear in Thomas merchandising. The rest of the executive staff of the subsidiaries will be unaffected by this change in leadership.

[img=150,209]https://i.imgur.com/llEaTbt.jpg[/img]​

Rebranding

On their own, the logos of Thomas Inc., Ren Industries, and Telogy Inc. look very classy. However, when you look at them together, they do look like three very separate and conflicting company logos. Our design team's goal in our rebrand was to simplify the logos and truly create a brand that represented all entities within our domain. They've also made it a point to really shorten the names of the companies, creating Thomas, Ren, and Telogy, three distinct companies, with one goal: to provide the best technology to everyone. We're proud to introduce these logos to you today.

[img=206,70]https://i.imgur.com/6ltLkCR.png[/img]
[img=206,73]https://i.imgur.com/1nWhgaq.png[/img]
[img=206,57]https://i.imgur.com/lAHcvvO.png[/img]

Amica Consortium

Project Gemini is not just about new phones and GusNet updates, no, its part of something larger than just the boundaries of companies. We at Thomas are striving to bring technology to everyone, including those who may not be the most tech-savvy. That's why we're taking the retired AI, Amica, and attempting to incorporate it into as many non-tech industries as possible. We're partnering with Alef Incorporated, Ör, MedCojedes, and PharmaCojedes to form the Amica Consortium. As we add new companies to the consortium, our goal is to break down boundaries between companies and let consumers decide what is best for their needs. Soon, these companies will be able to use one AI system so that Ayuda or the Robotic Home Buddy can find you the nearest doctor, recommend the best athletic equipment for your next soccer game, or help diagnose common symptoms, and in the future, who knows the infinite number of possibilities. The limit is only on which companies join us, so if you're interested in joining, let us know! The future of technology is now!

A New Headquarters

We've been so thankful that the government of Guslantis has been behind us this entire time as we've grown and progressed. Currently, most of our work has been shared between the Thomas Building, which we get our name, and the Worley Research Center. We've decided to acquire the research center, and officially name it as the headquarters for Ren. As for Thomas, all operations will be handled through a new headquarters, one we decided to name the Horizon Tower. Standing at exactly 1,324 ft above the ground (paying homage to the release date of Azul, 3/24) the Horizon Tower will be located near the Worley Research Center in Carrotopolis. Construction will begin shortly, and we hope to move into the building as soon as we can.

[img=300,315]https://i.imgur.com/EPleqym.jpg[/img]​

We hope you enjoyed hearing about these new changes, and thank you for choosing Thomas!

Felicia Scott
CEO of Thomas

Josh Douglas
CEO of Ren

Georgo Chancel
CEO of Telogy

ynTNLrO.png

[img=300,102]https://i.imgur.com/6ltLkCR.png[/img]​

Ms. Rielle,

We at Thomas are committed to providing the best in technology, and we understand Anglis' interest to promoting not only the best for their nation, but more importantly, Eras. We hope to reiterate that the consortium is something we hope will tear down the competitive boundaries between companies in hopes of truly generating a system like no other.

We are happy to welcome Anglis Furnishings & Appliances into the consortium with open arms, and we hope to see what what your company can do with the power enabled by an Artificial Intelligence such as Amica. It would go without mentioning that we hope that you'll tap into voice control as well, and we definitely recommend Ayuda for this task. Ren has spent years constructing this voice assistant from scratch, and the two bots integrate well together. We'll leave how you want to incorporate AI into your furnishings and appliances, we're a technology company, after all.

If you need anything further, do reach out to either myself, or Dr. Yamasaki.

Sincerely,

Felicia Scott
Chief Executive Officer, Thomas

Dr. Hachiro Yamasaki
Regional Development Supervisor, Thomas

Official Letter from the Ministerial Office Consortium

To whom this may concern,

The Ministerial Office of Mistress Yashimoto wishes to introduce Mistress Yashimoto to Thomas.

Mistress Sai Yashimoto, Noble of the House of Yashimoto, is the CEO of the Megacorporation, Macro-Engineering Inc. Macro-Engineering is responsible for the Telecommunications, Information Technology, and Electronics industries of Yukkira, among other industries as charged by the Imperial Court of the Most Glorious Principality of the State of Yukkira.

Mistress Sai wishes to inform Thomas that she wishes for Macro-Engineering Inc. to become associated with the Amica Consortium. By associating with the Amica Consortium, Mistress Sai hopes that this arrangement will bode well for the technologies of both the Amica Consortium and Macro-Engineering Inc. To that extent, she wishes to offer both corporation's manpower and resources in the hopes that by doing so, the Amica Consortium might become better equipped to develop cutting edge 21st century technologies. Through this mutual development, Mistress Sai feels that the impact will create renewable technologies, essential to maintaining critical infrastructure, while minimizing environmental impact. Potentially, she hopes that this partnership might help to create technologies capable of revitalizing land impacted by pollution, ultimately renewing the land to such an extent that said impacted land might be used for farming once again.

Should either Thomas or the Amica Consortium have any questions, please do not hesitate to send an email to the below indicated address. Likewise, if Thomas or the Amica Consortium wishes to visit Macro-Engineering Inc., Mistress Sai would be willing to help expedite the acquisition of visas, in addition to offering assistance in the planning and execution of said visit.

Thank you for your time and Mistress Sai hopes to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

Shei Yashimoto
Sr. Director of Mistress Sai's Ministerial Office
yashimoto.shei@mosy.mei.com

Official Letter from the Ministerial Office Consortium

[img=290,102]https://i.imgur.com/1nWhgaq.png[/img]​

On behalf of Ren, and the rest of the Thomas brand, welcome Macro-Engineering Incorporated to the Amica Consortium! We are continuously working toward a future where technology is connecting us in ways we never thought were possible.

As our design teams work tirelessly on the devices of tomorrow, we know that using the power of Amica to enhance these processes is something that can truly be applied to any industry, especially telecommunications, electronics, and information technology.

Our future is built on a system like this, one where cooperation is something that is key to success. We must work together, or risk losing grasp of providing the best for our customers.

We’re also here to announce our partner, the cell provider of Virizion, has given us their intention to join the consortium, and help customers get the best signals using machine learning.

We’re happy to see what the future holds, and are glad to see both Virizion and Macro-Engineering join the ranks of this groundbreaking team.

At this time, it is my honor to invite all Consortium members and the press to our Project Gemini event on the 10th of May, 2018, where we will finally be able to show our months of hard work, and what makes Ren and Amica such a powerful team.

David Mitchell
Chief Operating Officer, Thomas

Zt9zF4e.png

*Note: The following story has been translated to Mercanti for international consumption*​

yNR3nM1.png

Glenn Bruun went from being a factory worker in Haland to the head of Thomas Beaconsfield in a little under a year. We caught up with Mr. Bruun to ask him what plans he, and Thomas, had for Prydania now that hostilities have ceased.

Helene Mørch: It's a pleasure to meet you Mr. Bruun.

Glenn Bruun: Please, call me Glenn. And the pleasure is mine.

HM: So tell me a bit about yourself. Have you always been interested in technology?

GB: Yeah. I was always the kid who would take apart his toys. Not to break them, just to see how they worked. And if I could put them back together.

HM: I'm sure your parents loved that!

GB: Oh yeah! I'm sure they always loved finding bits always strewn about!

HM: When did you first begin to explore computers?

GB: I began playing with the Kanadian gaming systems when I was little. First playing, and then taking them apart. That was my first experience with something technical. Then the government, when I went to secondary school, began recalling all of the computers...

HM: The government? You mean the Syndicalists?

GB: Yes, the Syndicalists. They wanted to recall all of the computers to replace them with the new ones, that would be pre-programmed by the government to block this or that site. We never got the new computers in Sleswick, but the government left a stack of them in the dump. So I snuck out one night to grab two of them.

HM: Two?!

GB: Yeah, two! I would have taken more, but I could only manage two! But I took them, and I began taking them apart. I was able to figure out what most components did, and how they interacted with the rest of the machine, but I had no idea what anything was called! The libraries had already been emptied out, and they were slow to refill them with the politically pure reading material...

HM: Right...

GB: Yeah, so I had to make up names for the components in my head. So I could map out how everything worked! I took apart both, and used the best parts from each to rebuild a working computer.

HM: How long after that did you learn how to code?

GB: Well I had no idea. You couldn't get the books to learn. So a few years on, when I was still in school, I volunteered for a project. The local Revolutionary Council needed coders for a minor project involving databases, and they wanted to train young people. So there could be a next generation, you know? I didn't know anything, but I had good instincts. And they taught me.

HM: What project were you working on?

GB: They never told us, but it was a database of sorts.

HM: How did you feel about writing code compared to building machines?

GB: I loved coding. It's its own language you know? Probably the closest Eras has to a universal tongue. And you can just get lost in it.

HM: I've been told you coded your own games.

GB: Oh you heard about those? They aren't as bad as they sound, I swear!

HM: I never said that!

GB: They were very simple. Platform adventures mostly. Just ideas, and silly fantasies, I could make simple games of.

HM: They were popular though?

GB: My friends and I enjoyed them, yeah. We played on my computer, which was the only one any of us had. The government had taken everyone's, and the replacements hadn't come yet.

HM: I had heard they had gotten you in trouble.

GB: Yeah, someone told someone else about the computer, and the games. They were taken away by the local council, and they had me attend some ideology seminars. They just didn't like that I was using computer parts that had been declared open to potential counter-revolutionary ideology. The games were declared counter-revolutionary too. I think they thought that I was a conspirator or something!

HM: But you weren't.

GB: No, I was just a kid who liked to code video games! I think that's why I got sent to the factory.

HM: Yes, you were working in Hadden after secondary school.

GB: They deferred my application to go study computer sciences, I think because of the video game thing. And they said my aptitudes would be good in a factory, and to reapply later.

HM: So how did you parlay that into running a branch of one of the world's leading tech companies?

GB: *laughs* Pure luck! The new government asked Thomas to come in and invest, and they wanted a Prydanian head of the branch here. They just began interviewing people.

HM: That's it? They just interviewed people?

GB: Yeah. It's a bit more complicated than that, but not by much. The state had its own teams of coders and computer scientists, but a lot of it got political after the war. Thomas came in and they needed people. My file must have crossed someone's desk and they interviewed me a few times and did some testing before offering me the job!

HM: What do you think convinced them?

GB: Well the second time I was interviewed it was by Dr. Hachiro Yamasaki, Thomas' Regional Development Supervisor. We just began talking about code, technology, ideas about what Thomas' tech could do. I didn't even realize it had become a proper interview until halfway in.

HM: Did you know that you were going to get the top position in the country right then?

GB: Not at all! Dr. Yamasaki and I had a great talk, and I felt like I had a good chance at landing a job, but running the whole branch. That was a surprise, for sure.

HM: So Thomas is now opening stores in Beaconsfield and Hadden.

GB: And a factory in Alaterva.

HM: What does all of that entail?

GB: Well Prydania's telecommunication infrastructure is antiquated. Not just the networks, but the hardware. The Civil War froze a lot of that technology in the early 2000s. So we're approaching this as a chance to build something entirely new from scratch. The stores in Beaconsfield and Hadden are just part of that. We're going to be building everything up from scratch. The stores are just there to get the hardware into the hands of people. That's coupled with our work with the government to overhaul the infrastructure.

HM: Some have criticized Thomas for attempting to use phones to squeeze money out of people in a recovering warzone.

GB: The reality is that today? The handheld smartphone is an essential part of the world we live in. Everyone is connected in some way. Prydania recovering means we're going to have to join that world. And Thomas is helping make that possible. We're making sure Prydanians have access to these devices at affordable prices. We're working with the government to make sure this is done right.

HM: You mentioned infrastructure. What can you tell me about that?

GB: Everything from basic phone lines to cell towers to cable to wifi hotspots. What wasn't blown up is over fifteen years old. So we want to modernize. We want to make sure that when Prydania is rebuilt it's rebuilt to the standards of 2018. Not 2002.

HM: Where are your efforts located?

GB: The cities are obvious starting points, because a lot of the physical infrastructure is there. Or at least the remains of it are. That being said, we want to branch out. Eventually we're going to bring high speed connectivity to the countryside.

HM: The countryside?

GB: Yes, we want to ensure that you're connected, no matter where you are. There are parts of Prydania that are entirely without internet connection. We want to play a role in making sure Prydania is a leader when it comes to high speed internet penetration.

HM: That's fascinating. Circling back though, to video games. Thomas' new video game system. Are you involved?

GB: Yes, in a way.

HM: You can't go too deep into it?

GB: Dr. Yamasaki and I had a very in-depth conversation about Thomas' future in gaming. The goal has to be innovation. And he knew about my interest and history with games. So a team of mine have been contributing to the project.

HM: Don't you feel that this takes away from your duties overseeing Thomas' role in helping Prydania recover?

GB: It does seem like there are too few hours in the day at times *laughs*, but I manage my time well. The fact is that Thomas Beaconsfield wants to play a role in our recovery, and to do so much more. We're very lucky to have the government supporting our efforts, and for all the support from Dr. Yamasaki and the rest of Thomas. We're lucky enough to be able to wear multiple hats, and focus on multiple tasks.

HM: When can we expect to see this consul?

GB: I hate to be the guy to let people down, but it won't be available in Thomas stores in Prydania. At least not initially. We didn't feel it was right to sell a product like given the recovery from the War. We want people to have access to Thomas goods that will help them, and improve their lives. I'm a big believer in gaming as an art form and as a culture. We have a history of it here with the Kanadian systems, but we need to help ourselves first, before we can indulge in that.

HM: That's very interesting. So what's on the horizon for Thomas Beaconsfield?

GB: We're very excited about the Azul line. Thomas Beaconsfield is playing a key role in that. One that's going to make our factory in Altavera very important.

HM: I don't suspect you can tell me much more than that!"

GB: *laughing* Sadly no, but stay tuned to our unveiling schedule. I think you'll be surprised by what you see.

HM: Thank you so much Glenn. And best of luck with all of your endeavours at Thomas.

GB: Thank you Helene!

[img=300,102]https://i.imgur.com/6ltLkCR.png[/img]​

On March 24th, 2017, we released a new smartphone that would revolutionize the industry forever. This brand was to be known as Azul. As we write this press release, our teams from Telogy are producing the first batch of smartphones that will be the second generation of Azul, a duo of devices we hope will kick off our next big project: Project Gemini.

We cannot stop at phones, however, we want to revolutionize the lifestyle of technology. Azul for 2018 means bringing products not to make us money, but to help our consumers have a happy and healthy life. We have contributed millions of dollars, whether directly or not, to making sure nations like Prydania recover from being war-torn.

Our competitors can try to claim they've gotten us beat, however, no company in our industry can claim it's had a bigger impact than Thomas has had on the lives of its consumers.

So, we're thankful for this one year we've had with Azul, but we're so happy to show you what Project Gemini will bring to the table this May.

Project Gemini Event
May 10th, 2018
Avant-Garde Theatre, Boreaux Academy in Miragea, Guslantis
Transportation will be provided to attendees by Kiwi Regional Crown Airlines

Back