Blurbs from Important Times in History

Goyanes

Worldbuilder
-
TNP Nation
Goyanes
Discord
goya#6469
I made this thread so that people could write short blurbs about important events in their history, whether it be war or peace, good times or bad times. I decided to open up this thread with the speech made in August 1937 by Natan II, the Grand Emperor of Goyanes at the time.

August 20, 1937
Landesdag Building, Gojannesstad

It has come to my attention and to the attention of my Government, that the Government of the Second Empire of Andrenne does not intend to stop only in their conquering of Cojedes and Ninhundland, but rather to conquer us as well. Just as they executed our brothers and sisters of the Kjellse branch of our family, they intend to do the same to us. They wish to impose their undemocratic and authoritarian principles among us in a forceful manner, as they have to our continental brethren. They have invaded much too far already, and have not considered our demands for them to stop, or risk war. However, my ambassador to their government did not receive a notice of troop withdrawal, therefore he and his staff have left the country in anticipation of this notice.

Now with this notice, I expect the citizenry to act in calmness and courage. At this moment, the assurances we have received from the other provinces of our Empire are quite reassuring.

It is critical that all listening to this speech, either here or elsewhere pay attention to the following messages.

My Government has made adequate plans for the smooth running of our nation in the dire and stressful times that will be coming ahead, however these plans require the help and teamwork of the citizenry.

You may be taking part in the armed services or as a volunteer in one of the branches of civil defense. If so you will report for duty in accordance with the instructions you will receive in the coming days. You may be engaged in work essential to the running of this war– in factories, in transport, in public utility concerns or in the supply of other necessities of life. If so, it is of vital importance that you should carry on with your jobs.

As such, the time has come for the official ascending to law of the resolution drafted yesterday in the Landesdag.
I, Natan the Second of Kjellse and Tages, Grand Emperor of Goyanes, hereby give Imperial Assent to enact the following resolution, on this twentieth day of August, 1937.

Resolution:
The Honorable Herre Sven Hjorten, Stortinget Member for the constituency of Naderfjord-III introduced the following legislation to the Stortinget, which passed all stages of reading on the 19th of August, 1937, which passed all stages of reading in the Riksdag on the 19th of August, 1937, and was presented to His Imperial Majesty for assent on August 20, 1937.

Resolution:

Declaring that a state of war exists between the Government of the 2nd Empire of Andrenne and the Imperial Goyanean Government and the People of Goyanes, and establishing provisions to undertake such declarations.

Whereas the recent actions by the 2nd Empire of Andrenne are acts of war between the Imperial Goyanean Federation, its people, and its allies:
Resolved by the Landesdag of the Imperial Goyanean Federation, that the state of war between Andrenne and Goyanes which thus has been thrust upon the Government is formally established and declared, and that the Grand Emperor and the Prime Minister are hereby authorized and directed to take immediate steps to put the Nation in a formidable defensive state, and also to exert all available power and employ all of its resources to carry on war between the 2nd Empire of Andrenne and the Imperial Goyanean Federation, and to bring the conflict to a hasty and successful termination.

Signed,
The Rt. Hon. Karl Adamsson Ruhigs, Prime Minister of the Imperial Goyanean Federation
The Rt. Hon. Hans Svensson Mayer, Leader of the Riksdag

God bless us all, God defend us all, and may he guide us to victory against the forces of evil that we will be fighting against. The just and the righteous will prevail, and they always will.

March 11, 1816, Royal Palace Green, Kalgary, Kalgary.
The Duke of Kalgary stands, facing towards a crowd of listening people, upper and lower class alike. To his right, three R.S.M. Soldiers are standing at attention, eerily still and listening. To his left, three grungy militiamen stand at attention with a worse posture, their blue uniforms permanently stained with mud. He speaks

Ladies and gentlemen of this nation, today marks the end of a conflict. A conflict which has ripped Kanada to tatters, and ended the lives of so many innocent men. A repeat of the bloody previous conflicts between the rival nations of Kalgary and Sundeon, tenfold. On April 5th, 1811, Sundeonian troops attacked the Kalgarian village of Understol, no casualties sustained. I received a declaration of war after the attack, and it scared me. There had been no war between Kalgary and Sundeon for years. For a long time, both nations have been under the control of the United Kingdoms of Andrenne and Goyanes, peacefully coexisting as one state.

I wish to recreate that. Bring back the peaceful balance that Kanada thrived under. More about that later. The war destroyed infrastructure, towns, cities, cultures. The sheer amount of spilt blood and destruction is unbelievable. Here at my side, I have a few soldiers of the Royal Snowcapped Mountaineers. They are the most professional unit in Kanada, trained since they were boys. These soldiers could always be relied on to take an objective. We were outnumbered by the Sundeonians and their allies. The Royal Snowcapped Mountaineers evened the field.

And to my left, I have a few soldiers of the Kalgarian army. At least, what's left of it. Their unit was originally part of the Kalgary Militia. Men barely trained yet brave enough to get right into the scrap. Half a year into the war and most of the professional army is dead, heavily injured, or insane. The massive manpower of the militia is integrated into the army, and becomes the backbone of the Kalgarian war effort. This happens on both sides. Men are drafted and thrown into a stupid, useless stalemate which wastes their lives away when they could be learning, or making a family, or moving up in the workforce. I wish to thank both the professional army and the brave men from off the streets for allowing us to win this war.

As I said earlier, I want an endless peace between Kalgary and Sundeon. So with the signing of this peace treaty, not only will the end of the war come, but so will the unification of the Kanadian people. All of the squabbling duchies will be united under the Kalgarian banner, the King, and the Parliament, elected by the people. With my name on this sheet, we shall all join together for Kanada's best interest. For our best interests. With the signing of this document, we are all Kanadians.

The new King signs his curvy name on the paper, leading to a cheer from the crowd. Kanada is united.

R.S.M. = Royal Snowcapped Mountaineers, a elite unite in the Kalgarian/Kanadian army from 1623 to 1842.

Note that all of the king's speech is in Andrennian.

Back