Monthly Memoirs for September!

Atlae

TNPer
Monthly Memoirs is back! (Sorry for the delay.) This month's theme is the September 2017 General Election. As such, the survey will be public.

Have fun answering them!

This month's questions:
Q1. Did you vote in the September 2017 General Election?

Q2. Were you happy with the results of the election?

Q3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?

Q4. What specific policy change do you wish to see from the new government?

Yes, I always make sure to vote in all elections that come up as when the voter turnout high, democracy is working at its best.

Indeed I was. All of the candidates have the experience and qualifications needed to serve in their positions and have a strong commitment toward the people of TNP.

Q3. If you had to (or was forced to) change the outcome of one election and once only, which would it be and why?
This questions proves to be exceedingly hard to answer. Honestly, there have been no elections so far where I have thought a different outcome would be beneficial.

The one policy change that I think would be very beneficial for the new government to undertake would be allowing both consulates and embassies so that small regions wishing to have informal relations with us could and we would have no need to send ambassadors to their regions but could still receive benefits such as news from their regions and invitations to their events.

I always vote in every election, the more the merrier and represents all views of The North Pacific.

Indeed, all the officials that were elected had experience through previous positions and are well equipped to serve the TNP.

It's very hard but the January General lections of 2017 with the Vice delegate. Although Tomb won I would have like to seen a reopen of nominations to see for any other candidates. That was my first election and I felt that there was no choice.

I think we need to be more open to smaller and more diverse regions in order to let smaller regions become more popular as well as allowing a chance for smaller regions to be more involved with NS.

Yes, I did.

Happy? Wrong word. I didn't see the result I wanted, but I am very supportive of those elected.

I don't really know, to be honest, that's a tough question.

Once again, I can't think of any specific policies that I would want them to change at the moment.

Yes.

Since I was still new to the region I was indifferent, but happy for those who were re-elected and for Siwale winning after a hard fought campaign to Kasch who I'll bet will be Delegate someday.

Though in the future I might be upset over a result, why would I want to over rule the will of the people?

I will answer this question after future elections as I'm still new and learning about the foreign/domestic policies of the region.

Yes, I did.

Yes, I am.

It's a toss up. Pixiedance for obvious reasons. Lewis & Clark for a more complicated reason. With Pixiedance, we had no idea how badly things would turn out, but with L&C we should have seen. In retrospect I feel there was much more I could have done to prevent the Crimson problem. The timing of the election, which resulted in ridiculously low voter turnout was something that should never have happened. The politics at the time left the region seriously divided. Not squished like with Pixiedance, but broken in some ways that were harder to mend. That's probably where I would wish for a do-over.

Not so much of a change, but greater emphasis on NPA recruiting. Our military is very active, and it's a lot of fun to be involved in the NPA. We have a big region, and I think there are opportunities to grow our armed forces.

Yes

No, not really

I'd change the September 2017 Election to where I would win.

I dont know

Yes

Yes, I was very happy with the result for obvious reasons.

This one is hard for me but I would change the May Speaker election where I lost to Bootsie. Many will already understand why I would choose this because I went on to have to run the Office alone for nearly a month so I would have to change that.

One I would like to see is a further emphasis for activity and engagement in the FA ministry. At the moment it seems to have fallen away from what it once was with very few ambassadors consistently posting reports. So my policy change would be to do more work with the FA ministry as this is what the rest of the world see about us.

Back