Kyoki Chudoku for Delegate

Hello, I'm Kyoki Chudoku.

I've been on NS for around 3 years at this point. Less long as Kyoki Chudoku. Now, you may be asking yourself, "why on Earth should anyone vote for you?". If TNP was like most democratic places, I'd just say something to the effect of being less awful than my opponent (doubt that would work).

But it's not so actual justification is needed.

Firstly, if you vote for me, you get a free cookie. Those that don't vote for me also get a free cookie, but their's may be slightly more traditional for me.

Not convinced yet? Well I was really hoping that'd work but alright.

My foremost priority is a simple one: to try to avert conflict between the various communities that comprise and interact with TNP. This is important to me, because I've observed far too much such conflict in the past, and even though it could be a lot worse, it could be better as well. I intend to make it better, and therefore make the region better for everyone involved.

Is that it? you may think to yourself. Well, no. A campaign can't hold itself up on a single promise.

As such, my next goal is improved recruitment. Recruitment? This is a feeder region! you might be thinking, staring quizzically at me as though I was stupid. But that's not what I mean. I desire more active participants in the TNP community, all parts of it. To clarify, more active participants that are reasonable and respectful. I've seen a few nations and individuals who are active, yes, but their activity is not always appreciated. I desire the resolution of that, to get new players into The North Pacific, and give them a good first impression. To help them make a good impression.

To show that yes, the forums have spam games, but we also have government and roleplaying and military and a variety of other things, that simply aren't appreciated much by some of the people I've talked to. A lot of newer players get the perception that the government is some overbearing entity that sends them a million telegrams about things they don't care about. I wish to remove that perception, and make it better known that the government is a capable entity that cares greatly for everyone in TNP, and does their best to improve the region.

Another objective I have in mind is to have more official activities. When I saw a poll earlier, I had very little information on what it's actually about. That's because I haven't been here since the very start of the region. If we're going to mention lots of historical stuff, people should be able to access that history easily. But that's a different topic. Having official activities, just small fun things, helps each part of the community come together, and feel unified in their inclusion. This kind of unity is what makes regions great. The ability for everyone to understand each other, and feel included and respected, yet also maintaining an effective chain of command necessary to run a region. And also they're just plain fun.

Those are my aims. To increase collaboration and avert conflict. To make TNP a welcoming place, to better teach newer players how everything operates, to create a greater sense of regional unity and to give people entertainment along the way.

And of course, I'm entirely open to hearing what problems the people of TNP have, and doing my best to resolve them. That is my ultimate goal, in the end. To make TNP better.

JeSDFrvyq04hdSJOsYN5TnkOMrmvMMld84BL-KrercnMHN9f_BVPhSvYVSVnjP_PXAMoawf59XE2Fyfh7ItzBvYh4d2HhOoV0sCrA8NMBreCpThgfJHvxRvsePPMWvJi420qdY3OfIoLPvrooUwshuDj-iY2jLD0yMv3T0s76L1Ee-k64rzEJiL9V2Jz6rCAxNY=w387-h380-nc

Enjoy it. You deserve it.

Altmoras: Wherever it shall arise. It is unfortunate, but some people do attempt to incite needless conflict, and when things get out of hand, it can become necessary to intervene. Earlier today one nation attempted (and failed utterly) to incite conflict between TNP and TCB for no apparent reason. Such attempts as that were futile, because sensibility prevails. But such isn't always the case, and trying to avert unneeded dispute is preferable. Especially when to more major, and more dangerous, situations.

Owenstacey: My primary focus shall be upon the Ministry of Culture and the Ministry of Home Affairs. The reason for this is because it can be very difficult to discover what culture TNP really does possess, especially for newer players. As for Home Affairs, I simply believe that recruitment for forums can be made more effective. I know it took me a while to even consider joining the forums, because it wasn't made clear what exactly I was missing out on, and many recruitment attempts were disregarded simply for looking exactly like recruitment attempts and therefore not inciting a large interest. I believe that some improvements in these areas will be beneficial for the entirety of the region.

What are your plans for Foreign Affairs, WA Affairs, Communications, and Defense?

Kasch: To my awareness, Foreign Affairs has done a relatively good job. Most of our issues involving other regions come not from official sources, but rather from individuals who aren't truly associated with the TNP government. Perhaps increasing awareness of etiquette expected when in other regions should be a driving goal, and conflict between regions should be averted as much as possible (actual ones, nor just for fun events with friendly competition).

For WA Affairs, I see few issues. They do a relatively good job of keeping WA members informed about resolutions and perform detailed analysis on why the perspective given has been reached. The main issue is nations getting annoyed at receiving so many telegrams about it, but I don't see an easy solution to that.

Communications should have a focus on keeping the region informed. I believe that it may be somewhat improved, but have no massive issues with its recent performance. Striking a balance between being informative and not seeming too overbearing is key.

As for Defense, more training exercises may perhaps be undertaken to ensure our military forces are in good shape and always prepared to deal with any threats, but I believe that the region is relatively secure and that the NPA is a capable fighting force.

I have no doubt that you understand fully well that the position that you are running for is one of the most influential in NS, however though your introductory post was in my opinion quite vague when it concerns how you would handle the various duties that entails being WA Delegate. Some issues I wont ask you to elaborate more on as my own knowledge of them is minor or non existent.

However though a few points:

Point A
Altmoras: Wherever it shall arise. It is unfortunate, but some people do attempt to incite needless conflict, and when things get out of hand, it can become necessary to intervene. Earlier today one nation attempted (and failed utterly) to incite conflict between TNP and TCB for no apparent reason. Such attempts as that were futile, because sensibility prevails. But such isn't always the case, and trying to avert unneeded dispute is preferable. Especially when to more major, and more dangerous, situations.

As Delegate if you see a citizen of TNP interacting negatively with either our allies or those we have disagreements with, would you give that citizen a warning or would you go about the diplomatic route and remind everyone involved that, that one citizens' opinion is not representative of the TNP government but would you though at the same time respect their opinion(s)?

Point B
I've seen a few nations and individuals who are active, yes, but their activity is not always appreciated. I desire the resolution of that, to get new players into The North Pacific, and give them a good first impression. To help them make a good impression.
Point C
A lot of newer players get the perception that the government is some overbearing entity that sends them a million telegrams about things they don't care about. I wish to remove that perception, and make it better known that the government is a capable entity that cares greatly for everyone in TNP, and does their best to improve the region.
Point D
Another objective I have in mind is to have more official activities. When I saw a poll earlier, I had very little information on what it's actually about. That's because I haven't been here since the very start of the region. If we're going to mention lots of historical stuff, people should be able to access that history easily. But that's a different topic. Having official activities, just small fun things, helps each part of the community come together, and feel unified in their inclusion. This kind of unity is what makes regions great. The ability for everyone to understand each other, and feel included and respected, yet also maintaining an effective chain of command necessary to run a region. And also they're just plain fun.

In Point B, how would you go about getting new players into TNP besides through TG recruitment, would you apply methods that are often used in player created regions?

Point C: When I first moved to the region I honestly can't say that I have been sent "millions of TGs" and some people simply don't like to meddle in the some times messy issues that come along with being active in the regional government. However could you give us some examples of how you would give new players the best views of how the regions government works and how if affects them?

Point D: Overall could you define "activity" because reading your introduction it has been hard to understand exactly what you are talking about.
Now you talk about history of the region to which many newer members have no to very little knowledge about, if elected in what ways would you go about presenting the regions history for all to read and understand more fully?

In your reply to Kasch, I admit it seems that you are diminishing the important roles that those in the WA and Foreign affairs play into the region and not recognizing their hard work by using the term, "relatively good".

Boi oh boi, here you go, campaign poster.

T976P9I.png

Anyway what is your stance on using the NPA to raid?

To zeek: I recieve a telegram about the NPA, WAPN, the forums or citizenship every week, once is more than plenty

The Global: Thanks for you support, as promised, free cookie for you.

Emperor Bon Friently: Thank you for the support and nice poster. Have a free cookie. As for raiding, I believe that TNP raids, should they need to occur, would be performed only on regions hostile to TNP.

Zeek: I'll address each point individually.

A. Generally, I intend it to be understood that citizens of TNP do not have the power to make any official decisions regarding diplomacy between TNP and other regions on an individual basis. Fortunately, most regions are sensible and can immediately detect people trying to cause trouble without the power to actually do so. I believe that official intervention is only required when things threaten to truly escalate to position which may prove harmful to the region's government and interests.

B. When a player arrives in TNP, the first thing they see is the WFE. That has a lot of links already. The second thing is the RMB, where the government has not a very large presence in my experience and therefore when it is present, is seen as something of a separate entity. By having the government interact more with every resident of the community and by providing concise explanations of the functions of each area of TNP, we will be able to obtain more individuals willing to actually participate in said areas.

C. Simply put, people need to believe that the government of TNP cares for them and is worth being a part of. Easier to locate and simple explanations of government positions to incite interest, and interaction between the government and other residents to promote a sense of unity are things I believe will assist in this endeavour.

D. TNP has around 8,000 nations. Of those, only a fraction actually do anything at all related to the region. These are whom I would consider active players in this case. As for history, I believe perhaps a summary of the history of the region explaining the achievements of each previous government and what changes occurred wouod help people better understand how the region has progressed over time.

As for diminishing achievements, I don't intend to do so. I apologise if my terminology seems to disregard the incredible effort those ministries have put in. Every such ministry plays an essential role in the operation of TNP, and I don't mean to discredit that in any way.

Just copying and pasting these, skip those already answered.

Do you believe that the NPA needs to be more active, potentially to better support an Independent foreign policy? If so, how active?

Do you intend to reverse the lack of defensive operations (though Darc tried to combat this) done by the NPA in recent times?

Do you believe that the anti-griefing rules of the NPA interfere with the Independent policy of using the military (which cannot grief) to support the interests of the region?

Do you believe that posting more content, whether it is The Northern Light or otherwise, through our NSGP embassy, is a goal worth pursuing?

Are there any regions you are interested in pursuing further relations with? Why?

Similar to the previous question, do you believe that there are any treaties that we should dissolve, as to not preserve them for the sake of preserving them?

Continuing on the topic of treaties ,do you believe that a multilateral treaty of any sort is something worth pursuing? If so, with who?

Do you believe that the fact that TNP has not engaged in any anti-nazi operations last term (unless I’m forgetting one) is justified, due to the lack of Nazi regions to target?

How much freedom will you give Ministers in regards to managing their Ministry?

Do you believe that TNP is too little/too involved in international affairs, considering our status as the largest region in the game?

What is your stance on the situation in Lazarus?

Will you continue the holiday-heavy agenda that the Ministry of Culture had this past term? Why

Do you support the addition of more members to WALL, and on what conditions (if any?)

What plans do you have to increase endorsement counts within the region?

How much focus will be given to cultural festivals with other regions, considering the (correct me if I’m wrong) complete lack of them this past term?

Do you intend to revive the NBS, which is currently dead?

What policies of your opponent/s do you believe ware worth enacting?

What do you intend to do to make The North Pacific a more fun place to be in general?

Edit: Also:
As for raiding, I believe that TNP raids, should they need to occur, would be performed only on regions hostile to TNP.

Why do you think it is against TNP's interests to raid regions we are not hostile with?

What is your stance regarding Role-Playing in TNP Forum, and do you think that TNPRP should be modified and if so, what changes are you proposing?

Mystery Player:
Do you believe that the NPA needs to be more active, potentially to better support an Independent foreign policy? If so, how active?

Do you intend to reverse the lack of defensive operations (though Darc tried to combat this) done by the NPA in recent times?

Do you believe that the anti-griefing rules of the NPA interfere with the Independent policy of using the military (which cannot grief) to support the interests of the region?

Why do you think it is against TNP's interests to raid regions we are not hostile with?
These specific questions Mystery asked I also would like to see answered and perhaps a more detailed NPA platform. Please and thank you.

Necerierra:
What is your stance regarding Role-Playing in TNP Forum, and do you think that TNPRP should be modified and if so, what changes are you proposing?
I would like to note that this is not under the Delegate's jurisdiction, so the Delegate couldn't actually do anything.

Mystery Player:
Necerierra:
I would like to note that this is not under the Delegate's jurisdiction, so the Delegate couldn't actually do anything.
Not under the Delegates jurisdiction how? It's not under the jurisdiction of anyone, at least not at law.

The Delegate can lead reform in any area of culture or the community, including in RP. For it to be effective and meaningful however it ought to be done collaboratively, as it had been done in the past (including by various Delegates). There is a lot a Delegate could do.

mcmasterdonia:
Mystery Player:
Necerierra:
Not under the Delegates jurisdiction how? It's not under the jurisdiction of anyone, at least not at law.

The Delegate can lead reform in any area of culture or the community, including in RP. For it to be effective and meaningful however it ought to be done collaboratively, as it had been done in the past (including by various Delegates). There is a lot a Delegate could do.
Roleplay is led by the RP Moderators, and the admins tend to oversee them. It's been this way for a fair while, and I'd say it works better like that. It's why you have Admin status on the RP Server :P

The main issue is nations getting annoyed at receiving so many telegrams about it, but I don't see an easy solution to that.

You and Flakey both have mentioned excessive telegrams coming from the WA ministry. We strive to put out a recommendation for each resolution. The more active the WA is, the more telegrams that are sent out. As I told flakey, you can opt out by changing your telegram settings on site. In fact, the recommendation telegram itself tells you how to do it.

So, my question is: What other changes would you want to see regarding WA telegrams?

Sil Dorsett:
The main issue is nations getting annoyed at receiving so many telegrams about it, but I don't see an easy solution to that.

You and Flakey both have mentioned excessive telegrams coming from the WA ministry. We strive to put out a recommendation for each resolution. The more active the WA is, the more telegrams that are sent out. As I told flakey, you can opt out by changing your telegram settings on site. In fact, the recommendation telegram itself tells you how to do it.

So, my question is: What other changes would you want to see regarding WA telegrams?
It's not necesarily WA telegrams, its also the citizen recruitment telegrams, and the NPA recruitment telegrams, and the WADP recruitment telegrams, and the "did u know we have a off-site forum?" telegrams
(i already have a account here so why am i still recieving those lol?).

The vote recommendation telegrams are good, nothing wrong with those and far as i know same thing goes for Kyoki's opinion (could be wrong though), but it's the other unnecesary telegrams i just mentioned that are basically getting spammed every so often. I've recieved about 5 NPA telegrams in about a month

Once ever is more than plenty thank you very much.

Emperor von Friently:
Sil Dorsett:

It's not necesarily WA telegrams, its also the citizen recruitment telegrams, and the NPA recruitment telegrams, and the WADP recruitment telegrams, and the "did u know we have a off-site forum?" telegrams
(i already have a account here so why am i still recieving those lol?).

The vote recommendation telegrams are good, nothing wrong with those and far as i know same thing goes for Kyoki's opinion (could be wrong though), but it's the other unnecesary telegrams i just mentioned that are basically getting spammed every so often. I've recieved about 5 NPA telegrams in about a month

Once ever is more than plenty thank you very much.
Ah, yes this is what I meant by excessive telegrams.

Lord Ravenclaw:
mcmasterdonia:
Mystery Player:
Necerierra:

Roleplay is led by the RP Moderators, and the admins tend to oversee them. It's been this way for a fair while, and I'd say it works better like that. It's why you have Admin status on the RP Server :P

That's... irrelevant to what I'm saying. I am also quite aware of the RP moderators lol.

The Delegate can lead in any area within the executive. Culture can also include RP. Ultimately they can't just dictate how it will be, but they can participate and take initiatives within culture that improve, reform and encourage roleplay on our forum. Simply because recent Delegates choose to not participate in RP (including in improving and facilitating it)does not mean that they cannot.

R3N was never a RPer here, for example, but he led initiatives that reformed and greatly improved participation in our RP. Anyone who suggests that the Delegate cannot do so, or that only RP moderators can do so, is misguided.

Greetings Kyoki

I have two questions for you. What is the biggest issue you believe is facing the North Pacific, and why. The second being is how as Delegate you plan to address this.

I have a number of questions.

To what extent is it appropriate to seek to involve the Vice Delegate and the Attorney General in the business of the Delegate's government, considering that their independent roles are, to some extent at least, to check the Delegate in the exercise of their power and to rein in unlawful action by the Delegate?

How do you think the Gameside Advocate scheme has been going over this last term, what have been its successes and failings? Are there any changes you would make in terms of the regulation of the RMB?

Foreign Affairs can tend to be something that is quite far away from the average citizen, which is often fine, however, in relation to treaties it appears to be something which has occasionally resulted in problems in respect of the foreign affairs agenda of a Delegate, with treaties coming a bit unstuck when they are presented to the Assembly. What steps do you think can be taken to improve the awareness of citizens more generally, in relation to foreign affairs, and to try to ensure that the government's foreign affairs agenda is more likely to attract support in the Assembly?

Should you lose this bid for the Delegacy, would you be willing to work with the winner to try and resolve the standing issues that led to you running for the position in the first place?

Well, I've been awful at answering questions now haven't I?

I like how that autocorrected into "no excuses" as I write it. Alright I'll get on to the actual point now.

Truthfully, the reason I haven answered much is because I don't have answers to some of these questions. That worries me. Anyway, I'll answer what I actually can now.

The first topic I'll cover is the whole excessive telegrams thing. The WA ones, I don't mind. They have spoilers so you can ignore the advertisement if you're not interested at all, they're informative enough on why the choice is being made, and they merely make recommendations, not demands. It's the times when you've already done something and still get pestered about it every few days that are annoying.

Anyway, moving on. The biggest issue I see with TNP is just personal relations and perception of the government, and understanding how it all functions. Within this very thread there have been misunderstandings over what a Delegate can and can't actually do, and this is worrying because if experienced players don't all agree on it, how on Earth are new ones going to? To me, that is a notable concern. My plan to resolve is simply making such information more widely known through whatever means are available, and clarifying the actual purpose of a lot of our ministries, positions and organisations so people can understand what they're actually about and can actually do.

Gameside Advocates are something I think could be a good idea, but I've mostly seen them show up a few times a while ago and then promptly vanish from doing anything a bit afterwards. So I think things could be improved in this regard and that they may be beneficial to have.

And of course should I lose, I will try to resolve the issues I have mentioned in what ways I can. I don't consider my opponents to really be opponents. They're just people with different ideas on how to make TNP better, and I hope they will be able to do so. Oh yeah, as for my chances? I'm not optimistic, truth be told. I'm glad I have some support but the fact I'm surprised at that doesn't really seem favourable.

You may have noticed I haven't answered quite a few questions. This is where I get to the bit I've been reluctant to say but I'm going to anyway, because not doing so would just be wrong. There are a lot of things I just don't know. When asked to pick my cabinet, I thought for a moment...and realised I don't actually know anyone. I'm asked about Foreign Affairs, and I have no idea there either. My campaign basically runs on vague promises and cookies, and yeah that's not generally the best sign. I certainly trust the judgment of experts in these areas, such as the ministries and so on, over my own due to my inexperience in such matters.

I'm very thankful for all the support I've gotten, even if I don't think it'll be enough to actually win. That being said, I feel that it is important for people to choose who they genuinely believe will do the best job as Delegate.

Kyoki Chudoku:
Well, I've been awful at answering questions now haven't I?

I like how that autocorrected into "no excuses" as I write it. Alright I'll get on to the actual point now.

Truthfully, the reason I haven answered much is because I don't have answers to some of these questions. That worries me. Anyway, I'll answer what I actually can now.

The first topic I'll cover is the whole excessive telegrams thing. The WA ones, I don't mind. They have spoilers so you can ignore the advertisement if you're not interested at all, they're informative enough on why the choice is being made, and they merely make recommendations, not demands. It's the times when you've already done something and still get pestered about it every few days that are annoying.

Anyway, moving on. The biggest issue I see with TNP is just personal relations and perception of the government, and understanding how it all functions. Within this very thread there have been misunderstandings over what a Delegate can and can't actually do, and this is worrying because if experienced players don't all agree on it, how on Earth are new ones going to? To me, that is a notable concern. My plan to resolve is simply making such information more widely known through whatever means are available, and clarifying the actual purpose of a lot of our ministries, positions and organisations so people can understand what they're actually about and can actually do.

Gameside Advocates are something I think could be a good idea, but I've mostly seen them show up a few times a while ago and then promptly vanish from doing anything a bit afterwards. So I think things could be improved in this regard and that they may be beneficial to have.

And of course should I lose, I will try to resolve the issues I have mentioned in what ways I can. I don't consider my opponents to really be opponents. They're just people with different ideas on how to make TNP better, and I hope they will be able to do so. Oh yeah, as for my chances? I'm not optimistic, truth be told. I'm glad I have some support but the fact I'm surprised at that doesn't really seem favourable.

You may have noticed I haven't answered quite a few questions. This is where I get to the bit I've been reluctant to say but I'm going to anyway, because not doing so would just be wrong. There are a lot of things I just don't know. When asked to pick my cabinet, I thought for a moment...and realised I don't actually know anyone. I'm asked about Foreign Affairs, and I have no idea there either. My campaign basically runs on vague promises and cookies, and yeah that's not generally the best sign. I certainly trust the judgment of experts in these areas, such as the ministries and so on, over my own due to my inexperience in such matters.

I'm very thankful for all the support I've gotten, even if I don't think it'll be enough to actually win. That being said, I feel that it is important for people to choose who they genuinely believe will do the best job as Delegate.
Exactly. Feeder democracy, at its worst...

Kyoki Chudoku:
So you are pretty much running for Delegate, without knowing how to manage The North Pacific's foreign affairs policy (one of your main jobs)?

Back